Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Isn't there increasing evidence that brainwashing is actually impossible and cold war made up bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Isn't there increasing evidence that brainwashing is actually impossible and cold war made up bullshit

Depends on how you define brainwashing. Turning into the Manchurian Candidate because you saw a subliminal message flashed on a TV or recorded backwards in a song? Probably impossible. Being tricked into believing increasingly dumb bullshit due to prolonged peer pressure and/or isolation? Happens all the time.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

You can absolutely manipulate a person into believing extreme things through social reinforcement. That's how cults work. Some people are more vulnerable than others to this kind of thing, and NEET checks off a lot of those boxes.

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Kin Sake
Jun 19, 2022

Abandon responsibilities
Return to NEET

Aino Minako
Dec 16, 2007

Perpetual rage elemental

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben
When I can assemble a proper NEETfiche I’ll try to post it via Google or something. I’ll have to stitch it with the CV library, was planning to use an image editor but none of them will open that file..

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Hell yeah cult cuties :pervert:

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Keep it up, champ.

Unlockable Ben
Update: trying to build a full tree of even the criminal arc up to the second choice results in a PNG file with such an enormous resolution that nothing can open it, and it's really only fit for being very nasty to image software producers and pointing out that they shouldn't call it a "corrupted file" when technically PNG should support resolutions up to 4,294,967,295 x 4,294,967,295, and yet their software barfs on a mere 3500 x 827936.

Hatsune Mike
Oct 9, 2013

Time to create custom NEET soft

Immediate edit: would anyone read NEET as an X68000-only doujin disk program

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

While mega-images would be hilarious it would probably be better to package it up into pages, based on the layout it was originally published in, and then package it up into a CBZ or CBR comic reader archive that can be viewed as a book by many programs.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

hyphz posted:

Update: trying to build a full tree of even the criminal arc up to the second choice results in a PNG file with such an enormous resolution that nothing can open it, and it's really only fit for being very nasty to image software producers and pointing out that they shouldn't call it a "corrupted file" when technically PNG should support resolutions up to 4,294,967,295 x 4,294,967,295, and yet their software barfs on a mere 3500 x 827936.

BattleMaster posted:

While mega-images would be hilarious it would probably be better to package it up into pages, based on the layout it was originally published in, and then package it up into a CBZ or CBR comic reader archive that can be viewed as a book by many programs.

Fuckin cowardice I want 4 billion² neet pics on my desk tomorrow morning

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
now I'm thinking of the BR Mega Man thread where an image was so big / hosed up that it was crashing browsers and poo poo. I forget the details now.

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Keep it up, champ.

Unlockable Ben
Does any CBZ variant support branching though?

It has been interesting re-reading the early strips. I think we saw Enami and Princess on a date early on. I also think Amanuma got Kancho'd by his own daughter.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

Light Gun Man posted:

now I'm thinking of the BR Mega Man thread where an image was so big / hosed up that it was crashing browsers and poo poo. I forget the details now.

That was Warbird's first contribution to the goon-made sequel. He cobbled the whole thing together in Blender and exported it as a massive animated GIF in which Zero exploded into a sizable number of triangles.

The whole thing ranks pretty high in terms of successful goon projects, I'd say.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
probably my favorite, but I'm biased

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Kin Sake
Jun 19, 2022

Abandon responsibilities
Return to NEET

I went back and fixed this post with a better translation:

Indeed, Touru apparently tried to back out of quitting but was forced to go through with it.

Still not sure if "looking down" or "making fun" (or even "underestimating") is the better translation, but I'm going to leave it as it is.

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Keep it up, champ.

Unlockable Ben

Fuckin cowardice I want 4 billion² neet pics on my desk tomorrow morning

Fine, sir

Here's a ZIP of ungodly PNG files which will open in Windows viewer but I have no idea if anything else will ever touch them

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dGCuVEPcX25TRWYRBPb8y7eu_0NlpP55/view?usp=sharing

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

hyphz posted:

Fine, sir

Here's a ZIP of ungodly PNG files which will open in Windows viewer but I have no idea if anything else will ever touch them

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dGCuVEPcX25TRWYRBPb8y7eu_0NlpP55/view?usp=sharing

It opens and displays fine in Geeqie.

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Regarding the huge composite image, there are some webapps out there that can make them into zoomable pages, kind of like Google Maps.

I just tried zoomhub.net with the Super Metroid world map and it seems to work pretty well https://zoomhub.net/ln8l0

e: Here's the biggest image from that zip you shared https://zoomhub.net/mDklK

Devils Affricate fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Aug 14, 2022

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Keep it up, champ.

Unlockable Ben
Here's a CYOA-style CBZ as suggested above. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VGSkHPfyd7r3qhBbUklWxh0uNcFvUqWa/view?usp=sharing

However, some of the page numbers at the branches seem to be gotten wrong in some CBZ viewers?

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Kin Sake
Jun 19, 2022

Abandon responsibilities
Return to NEET

Hot Stunt
Oct 2, 2009

Izawa has probably become a NEET too.

Millionaire Monday
Oct 4, 2021

The Daily Life of a
Certain (Ex-Con) Millionaire
begins!

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Ahegao hoody opportunity.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Quite the poker face Neet has there.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
The funny thing is Oda's still way, way off. NEET won 20 million, right?

Millionaire Monday
Oct 4, 2021

The Daily Life of a
Certain (Ex-Con) Millionaire
begins!

Devils Affricate posted:

The funny thing is Oda's still way, way off. NEET won 20 million, right?

About 2 million dollars. 200 million yen. So Oda is only off by half. But for reasons that are far too complicated to really post about, in the original Japanese Oda's declaration "You won a million?!" is a little more vague. He's not really guessing as to the exact amount. That's a consequence of my translation.

In Japanese he's asking 「億単位当選⁉︎」"oku tan-i tousen!?" "[you] won in the amount of hundreds of millions!?"

億, oku means "a hundred million" (remember, we're talking about a hundred million yen, approximately a million dollars), 単位 tan-i means "amount, unit", and 当選 tousen means "to win, be selected". Oda is unsure of the exact amount, so it's kinda like asking "were your winnings in the hundreds of millions?"

But that's an unnatural mouthful of a sentence to be shouting in English, so I truncated it a bit. Sorry.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Millionaire Monday posted:

About 2 million dollars. 200 million yen. So Oda is only off by half. But for reasons that are far too complicated to really post about, in the original Japanese Oda's declaration "You won a million?!" is a little more vague. He's not really guessing as to the exact amount. That's a consequence of my translation.

In Japanese he's asking 「億単位当選⁉︎」"oku tan-i tousen!?" "[you] won in the amount of hundreds of millions!?"

億, oku means "a hundred million" (remember, we're talking about a hundred million yen, approximately a million dollars), 単位 tan-i means "amount, unit", and 当選 tousen means "to win, be selected". Oda is unsure of the exact amount, so it's kinda like asking "were your winnings in the hundreds of millions?"

But that's an unnatural mouthful of a sentence to be shouting in English, so I truncated it a bit. Sorry.

Apology accepted so long as you keep these translation notes coming. They're so fascinating.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I have bad news, Oda steals his money and uses it to get his floors refinished and buy a 100 inch tv.

https://twitter.com/sandman_AP/status/1559166701509365760

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Kin Sake
Jun 19, 2022

Abandon responsibilities
Return to NEET

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
i don't like this neoneet

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Classic neet, overthinking to the point of amnesia

Classic neet, food tangent

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
I'm in this comic and I don't like it.

I'm also in this comic and I don't like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.