Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

Chris James 2 posted:

Looks like Moxley's finally losing the GCW title; Nick Gage just challenged him and Mox accepted as long as Gage retires if he loses

I can see it going either way though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

Looks like Moxley's finally losing the GCW title; Nick Gage just challenged him and Mox accepted as long as Gage retires if he loses

ah a promotion leaves town match

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
gage is extremely done but theres not anyone built up to defeat mox so yeah i can see it going either way which.. is kind of a bad thing lol

Envisioned
Dec 31, 2007

Hasta la Sunset Vista, baby
Do we know if the match will be before or after All Out?

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Envisioned posted:

Do we know if the match will be before or after All Out?

Should be the night before

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

if we're being realistic the only other person who has wrestled for GCW that anyone would buy beating Moxley is Jeff Jarrett

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Sticky Nate posted:

if we're being realistic the only other person who has wrestled for GCW that anyone would buy beating Moxley is Jeff Jarrett

Yeah GCW hasn't done a great job of creating wrestlers with winning streaks as challengers.

gently caress it have Riny Yamashita or Charli Evans beat Mox

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

they should've had upcoming gcw debutant maki itoh beat moxley for the belt, imo.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6THlSv-Hyg

Ooooof... :ohdear:

itsnews
Jul 25, 2022

Wazzu posted:

Yeah GCW hasn't done a great job of creating wrestlers with winning streaks as challengers.

gently caress it have Riny Yamashita or Charli Evans beat Mox

They were building Blake up pretty good in the lead up to Nashville, but, yeah.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

What did he do to upset them so bad I’m way behind on GCW

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

History Comes Inside! posted:

Fightful reported before the show that he signed with AEW/ROH

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
lol did GCW always attract dogshit fans or was this crowd just particularly terrible

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I find this incredibly fun and funny. Maybe I'm wrong but his aloofness and then putting his arm around a guy chanting for him to shut the gently caress up were both pretty good.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Ganso Bomb posted:

I find this incredibly fun and funny. Maybe I'm wrong but his aloofness and then putting his arm around a guy chanting for him to shut the gently caress up were both pretty good.

In isolation that's a nice way of addressing the reaction he was getting but wooof that promo went on for fuckin ever on the show. I don't even dislike Christian but I was ready for it to end long before it actually did.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

Fightful reported before the show that he signed with AEW/ROH

Oh like their current world champ they all go loving berserk for

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

flashy_mcflash posted:

In isolation that's a nice way of addressing the reaction he was getting but wooof that promo went on for fuckin ever on the show. I don't even dislike Christian but I was ready for it to end long before it actually did.

Ah yeah I can see it dragging on in context of a full show

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

History Comes Inside! posted:

He tried doing a bunch of promos in the lead up to fighting Mox and they all were bad.

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

Christian sucks and i cannot believe it took him this long to start getting boos, especially after the godawful nightmare cardona promo. I wish I knew why Brett kept giving him a microphone and ten minutes on every show

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Big Dave posted:

Christian sucks and i cannot believe it took him this long to start getting boos, especially after the godawful nightmare cardona promo. I wish I knew why Brett kept giving him a microphone and ten minutes on every show

He wanted him to let the fans know he'd still be around, albeit sporadically, despite having signed elsewhere

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Yes i understand last night. What was the motivation behind the last year's glut of bad promos from this dude that dragged every show down?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

He wanted him to let the fans know he'd still be around, albeit sporadically, despite having signed elsewhere

For a message like that, stopping every! single! time! he got heckled was really bad form, like as bad or worse than any wwe wrestler that ever got shook from the What chants. Like just power through and say what you have to say, especially if it's a message like that. After all that I was expecting him to announce that he was retiring or that he had some kind of terminal disease.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Cardona is amazing

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Never should have lost the gcw championship

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
What matches are still left?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Blake Christian rules, you dolts.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
https://twitter.com/fitetv/status/1558957929855913987?s=21&t=yCJEnhT403EsvbvMW2jEOA

This is the best

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
The spun off Chikara grads from LVAC (Ultra Mantis' promotion) are running a show in Bethlehem PA with Eddie Kingston and Orange Cassidy on it

https://twitter.com/the_LVAC/status/1558950021785165824

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Aug 15, 2022

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

KungFu Grip posted:

The spun off Chikara grads from LVAC (Ultra Mantis' promotion) are running a show in Bethlehem PA with Eddie Kingston and Orange Cassidy on it

https://twitter.com/the_LVAC/status/1558950021785165824

Dies LVAC run on IWTV?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

https://twitter.com/deadlockpro/status/1559290419489505280?s=21&t=M1mHLibO0q2mAIQDI9yDbA

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Dies LVAC run on IWTV?

honestly seems like most events are just live in person. IWTV has 3 shows on there so i truly dont know

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Aug 16, 2022

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

They did the last one on IWTV, haven't heard anything about this one yet

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Indy adjacent news, GCW are coming back to Japan for the first time since 2020 for 3 shows in Shin-Kiba 1stRING on September 26th & 27th & October 4th.

The names confirmed to be there according to the FREEDOMS website are Alex Colón, Jimmy Lloyd, Joey Janela, Shlak, Effy, John Wayne Murdoch, Jordan Oliver, Mance Warner & Nick Wayne. Plus a bunch of Japan based talent, though the only names confirmed are Drew Parker & Violento Jack. Last time they were in Japan the shows streamed on FITE, which is infinitely preferable to Nico Pro

Cult of Pies
Oct 2, 2021
Who is commentating with Prazak on this GCW show (not Gage who just joined)? He might be worse than Gill.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Cult of Pies posted:

Who is commentating with Prazak on this GCW show (not Gage who just joined)? He might be worse than Gill.

Going by Twitter, someone called Mose, this guy: https://twitter.com/moseKOBK/status/1559177127785807874?t=_idgoov3IuysyXuoCRP2Yg&s=19

KOBK seems like a new indy from Tennessee

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Cult of Pies posted:

He might be worse than Gill.

KG and Dave Prazak is my favorite commentary team in wrestling :(

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Kevin Gill is S-tier, don't know what that poster is on about

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

kobk is a bunch of guys including brett ison, akira, hardway heeter, and mose. i havent watched the gcw show but theres no way possible that he's as bad as kg, he was totally competent on uncharted territory

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Say what you will about Jim Ross (he was awful on Wednesday) but Kevin Gill is so much worse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Was going to put this in the Euro thread but it's been dead for months. On yesterday's DDT show, Cara Noir was announced as making his first trip to Japan in late September and challenging for the Universal Title