Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

lmao, football sure is a game of two halves

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
lol so undeserved

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS
Man I sure love Harry Kane

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
lol AND lmao

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
the referees are so loving dogshit

they've just seen a clear as day foul and done nothing about it

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Kind of incredible how tottenham has gotten away with that. That was such an obvious red card too.

E: And then a shockingly obvious foul right before Kane got the header as well lmao

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

That was absolutely shocking reffing lol

E: Conte red card lmao

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS
Love manager handbags

sprotto
Jul 16, 2017

Anthony Taylor is such a stupid oval office but nonetheless, lmao

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
loving Love This Shithousing !!!

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
:stare:

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Yeah you'll never see a greater gift than this from the refs

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

TheRat posted:

Kind of incredible how tottenham has gotten away with that. That was such an obvious red card too.

E: And then a shockingly obvious foul right before Kane got the header as well lmao

Is it a VAR rule thing that romero pulling cucurella to the ground by his hair can't be given as a foul because it wasn't red worthy?

Epic finish either way

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

sourdough posted:

Is it a VAR rule thing that romero pulling cucurella to the ground by his hair can't be given as a foul because it wasn't red worthy?

Epic finish either way

Must be, because there's no argument that that wasn't loving clear and obvious. Such a bullshit way to drop points.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

sourdough posted:

Epic finish either way

Here's what VAR looked at and deemed Just Great(tm)

https://juststream.live/VerboselyOxygenatedPublicans

What's even the point lol

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Impressive refereeing.

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

That was a terrible no call but who cares gently caress the Chels

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
We all hate Chelsea

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
its a funny old game

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

He literally grabs his hair and throw him to the ground lmao. That's the clearest red card you'll see all season.

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

Cucurella was a massive shithouse all game slapping and poking so lol at him being the recipient of the same nonsense

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

TheRat posted:

Here's what VAR looked at and deemed Just Great(tm)

https://juststream.live/VerboselyOxygenatedPublicans

What's even the point lol

loving hell lol.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
loving disgrace

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Tuchel should be glad Conte was stopped by his henchmen.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

TheRat posted:

He literally grabs his hair and throw him to the ground lmao. That's the clearest red card you'll see all season.

I don't think it's a red, like pushing someone to the ground in that same situation isn't going to be a nailed on red just cause it isn't really dangerous play like an elbow to the face or high tackle would be. But it's an extremely obvious foul and yellow.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Think it's fair to say the pendulum has swung from Arsenal always cheating to Tottenham with their diving and fouling.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

sourdough posted:

I don't think it's a red, like pushing someone to the ground in that same situation isn't going to be a nailed on red just cause it isn't really dangerous play like an elbow to the face or high tackle would be. But it's an extremely obvious foul and yellow.

I don't see how you can argue snatching someone's hair back and throwing them to the ground is anything but violent conduct

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

It’ll be interesting to see if there’s any retroactive discipline against Romero.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Incredible game. No notes.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Blinkz0rz posted:

It’ll be interesting to see if there’s any retroactive discipline against Romero.

Does it count as already being "looked at" if the var ref missed it?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

TheRat posted:

I don't see how you can argue snatching someone's hair back and throwing them to the ground is anything but violent conduct

Idk, just a little weird to me cause like if it'd been cucurella's collar he'd pulled him to the ground by, would it be a red to you? That said, I might be wrong, it's just somewhere between a "bodying into an attacker to stop a counter" and "elbowing someone in the face" level of foul and I'm not sure exactly where.

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

Jippa posted:

Does it count as already being "looked at" if the var ref missed it?

I think so but I’m not 100% sure

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

gently caress Chelsea, great point

Also lol at the traditional spurs are cheating nonsense

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

sourdough posted:

Idk, just a little weird to me cause like if it'd been cucurella's collar he'd pulled him to the ground by, would it be a red to you? That said, I might be wrong, it's just somewhere between a "bodying into an attacker to stop a counter" and "elbowing someone in the face" and I'm not sure exactly where.

I feel like when you pull someone's hair back with such force you're being both violent and dangerous. Pulling the shirt doesn't cause your head to snap back like that.

Also it's just loving weird to pull someone's hair like a child.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

TheRat posted:

I feel like when you pull someone's hair back with such force you're being both violent and dangerous. Pulling the shirt doesn't cause your head to snap back like that.

Also it's just loving weird to pull someone's hair like a child.

Nah.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

McFlurry Fan #1 posted:

gently caress Chelsea, great point

Also lol at the traditional spurs are cheating nonsense

Spurs aren't cheating, the refs are just poo poo as usual

Carrier
May 12, 2009

Easy point