Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Plus, there has been dialogue for months, on the record, with government asking Trump and his people for the rest of the poo poo and he's been holding out so that invalidates any "we inadvertently packed it" talking point. If so you'd give it back as soon as it was called to your attention, right?

Obviously Trump is a shithead who never had consequences for anything and didn't think he'd be able to be made to give back the documents. This is just the beginning of consequences. Getting searched at Mar a Lago is the first consequence. It's an embarrassment regardless of any argument to the contrary to how this is a big win for the GOP because it galvanizes the MAGAs. It underscores that he is not in fact the president and is just a schmoe hoarding secret papers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
MORE INDISPUTABLE PROOF I AM BAD AT POSTING
---------------->

Zwabu posted:

Plus, there has been dialogue for months, on the record, with government asking Trump and his people for the rest of the poo poo and he's been holding out so that invalidates any "we inadvertently packed it" talking point. If so you'd give it back as soon as it was called to your attention, right?

Obviously Trump is a shithead who never had consequences for anything and didn't think he'd be able to be made to give back the documents. This is just the beginning of consequences. Getting searched at Mar a Lago is the first consequence. It's an embarrassment regardless of any argument to the contrary to how this is a big win for the GOP because it galvanizes the MAGAs. It underscores that he is not in fact the president and is just a schmoe hoarding secret papers.

In chess terms, trump is 'pushing pieces.' Like, releasing the warrant and receipt through Breitbart was the best move he had, but it doesn't change the situation on the board.

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009

This is great. I bet several people just poo poo themselves when they heard the news.

I rarely use Facebook, but I shared the link to the redacted sealed documents. Here's hoping my parents give it a peek. I know for a fact they wouldn't go looking for it. The event with General Patreous really pissed off my father, but I am unsure this can finally wake my parents up. My gut tells me no.

unknown
Nov 16, 2002
Ain't got no stinking title yet!

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1558261235883311106

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Again, that’s not how that works and again, regardless the National Archives asked for the material back repeatedly and then when only a portion got returned subpoenaed it and the when it became clear Trump would not return them seized them via warrant.

At no time did he not know what he had nor did he declassify them.

Finally, if Trump is declassifying documents whose exposure would risk “grave harm” then he shouldn’t have those documents.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Who among us hasn't stolen half the items not nailed down in their office on the way out the door after they get fired?

BuckT.Trend
Apr 22, 2003

My god, it's full of stars!

Are they really trying to convince MAGAts to think that these files are like the ones they might handle at work, just kept in a manila folder in some old gray filing cabinet?

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Yes. They are starting that trump declassified nuclear weapons designs.

Bringing work home? What work was he doing on nuclear loving designs? "We could put a big MAGA logo on the side of this right here!!!!!!"

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
They are just pushing the narrative that Trump is always in the right and everyone against him is wrong.

He's just a big dumb baby.

Saw this video for one of his attorneys who obviously only got hired because she let him feel her up.
Because her suggestion is just plain idiotic and how could anyone even come up with this on a 'news' show.
I dont even know wtf Real Americas Voice is, must be some internet show on Lindell tv or something.
https://twitter.com/ronfilipkowski/status/1558227491537436672

As this tweet mentions, besides her own site, the first two search links that come up about her paint a good picture

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

OgNar posted:

Saw this video for one of his attorneys who obviously only got hired because she let him feel her up.

The rest of your post notwithstanding, loving gross my dude/dudette. :barf:

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Yes. They are starting that trump declassified nuclear weapons designs.

Cool, where can I read them? Truth Social?

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Jurgan posted:

Cool, where can I read them? Truth Social?

Russian MOD HQ

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Russian MOD HQ

Heaven forbid the Russians get the bomb!

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

HootTheOwl posted:

Heaven forbid the Russians get the bomb!

It's probably more China.
And the thing is there's bombs and there's many different types of bombs and ways to build bombs. Some of our research is much more advanced than the Russians or the chinese. I mean that would be comparable to someone stating that the f-35 lands were stolen. And somebody yelling God forbid trying to get a jet sarcastically.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

It's probably more China.
And the thing is there's bombs and there's many different types of bombs and ways to build bombs. Some of our research is much more advanced than the Russians or the chinese. I mean that would be comparable to someone stating that the f-35 lands were stolen. And somebody yelling God forbid trying to get a jet sarcastically.
Unlike airplanes, where the next generation implies obselensse for the previous nukes don't really operate like that. You're, at best, confusing payloads and delivery systems here, and at worst thinking this is a JRPG.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

HootTheOwl posted:

and at worst thinking this is a JRPG.
loving poo poo, the ChinaRusskies got the plans to make Mythril Nukes!

Heaven help us if they master Nukaga next!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

FilthyImp posted:

loving poo poo, the ChinaRusskies got the plans to make Mythril Nukes!

Heaven help us if they master Nukaga next!

While they were able to grind nukara and even develop a nukaga prototype during the cold war, having a deterrent that only eradicates 70% of a city isn't enough. You need the US nukaja to really do it.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
My dumb nerd brain is sitting here thinking "Flare is the FF1 spell NUKE, so more powerful versions should be like MEGANUKE OR GIGANUKE"

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

HootTheOwl posted:

While they were able to grind nukara and even develop a nukaga prototype during the cold war, having a deterrent that only eradicates 70% of a city isn't enough. You need the US nukaja to really do it.

I remember when they used to just be called Nuke, Nuke 2, and Nuke 3. And if they were really spicy, sometimes they'd throw in a Nuke 4.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

nine-gear crow posted:

I remember when they used to just be called Nuke, Nuke 2, and Nuke 3. And if they were really spicy, sometimes they'd throw in a Nuke 4.

And this is to go ever FURTHER BEYOND!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Also, for the record, there is in fact a thing in one of the Final Fantasy spin off games that's straight up called an Ultima Bomb and even in-universe, it is, if not actually, then at least treated as the equivalent to a nuclear weapon.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
White used to be the gigamage spell for White Mages.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

FilthyImp posted:

White used to be the gigamage spell for White Mages.

FADE -> White -> Pearl -> (Warning, offensive and censorship worthy) Holy

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Russia, having their own Orthodox church invested heavily in Holy.
The US, to win the space race, poured money into Meteor.
China, historically, has been on Comet

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

HootTheOwl posted:

Russia, having their own Orthodox church invested heavily in Holy.
The US, to win the space race, poured money into Meteor.
China, historically, has been on Comet

These days the US just cuts the potion budget to buy spells like TMPR, SABR, XFER, LOCK and LOK2
(All these spells are completely broken/worthless.
https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Magic_bugs)

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I always skipped TMPR because it wasted an action. Never knew it was straight useless.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I just thought it was too intents.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Y'all need to play a game with actual nuclear spells like Shin Megami Tensei. :colbert:

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Electric Phantasm posted:

Y'all need to play a game with actual nuclear spells like Shin Megami Tensei. :colbert:

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!
This last page has been one of the most credible efforts I have seen in ages to lure GameQuoter back into active posting.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-requests-seized-documents-return-mar-a-lago_n_62f91740e4b0526eaeeb9e70

Haha
I hope they dont return it for 6 months

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1558796987025203206

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Real sovereign citizen energy there. I do not create joinder and herewith request my rights under admiralty law!

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Man, that sounds like something his lawyers should have said!

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

This is like that Office scene where Michael declares bankruptcy, isn't it?

Except with declassification.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

I thought that somewhere the FBI said that they used a taint team (an independent set of DOJ lawyers) to evaluate each item for privilege before the investigators looked at it to decide if it should be seized?

If not reported I think I would have gotten that from Peter Strzok off a lawfare podcast.

If true it’s just more bald faced lies to rile up his base into rebellion.

Also, he’s probably making a claim about J06 materials here.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Well, this is a load of BS

https://twitter.com/_Roughneck_Rob_/status/1559027962871046146

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

Murgos posted:

taint team

Right Wing Media: Taint Team

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

I feel like they could have found someone better to be the face for this whole "discovered misconduct in my own department and did the right thing" thing.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

I feel like they could have found someone better to be the face for this whole "discovered misconduct in my own department and did the right thing" thing.

Only if they gave a gently caress. Fascist hypocrisy is a feature, not a bug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
MORE INDISPUTABLE PROOF I AM BAD AT POSTING
---------------->

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

They tried, and no, they could not