Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Forseti posted:

That really sucks, democrats are poo poo. But I bet you have a pretty good understanding of it and I haven't looked yet... but would, say, a 2015 chevy volt that I bought used a month ago get me some free money on taxes this year?

Actually, how is manufactured in America defined? I'm not sure what car you're talking about, but aren't most of the big brands (Toyota, Nissan, etc) building their US market cars here now anyway to save on shipping?

Edit: VV :lmao: VV
The commerce department already had two definitions for made in the US, though they're a little squishy. I have the feeling this program is less going to go off those definitions and is just a handout to new manufacturers. The same way 'cash for clunkers' wasn't actually about getting clunkers off the road, but about reducing secondhand inventory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Domestic EV production is also being used by auto manufacturers to chip away at union membership, most electric lines and electric component lines are non-union. Any federal subsidies to expand production capacity or improve production efficiency doubles as a erosion of labor power. Thank you Joe!

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
who didn't take wall street money, that would be a little weird in the senate

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

This place is dead gay, innit?

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Communist Thoughts posted:

This place is dead gay, innit?

it's also gay dead since a lot (most?) users are over 30

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Zvahl posted:

cjd but close

It’s vCJD.

CJD is a different disease with similar presentation.

:goonsay:

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
FYI they will end up handing out waivers for favored manufacturers (e.g. Tesla)

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

mediaphage posted:

it's also gay dead since a lot (most?) users are over 30

Dead gay, so what?

Populon
Mar 1, 2008

What's the matter,scared?

So what? So let's dance!

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Ville Valo posted:

Dead gay, so what?

definitely my motto for the last decade

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Anecdotally speaking, have prices just continued to go up around anyone else? While gas is below the highest spike this year, it's not down to 2021 levels yet. However, I've noticed both groceries and eating out have continued to rise this month. To the point that even combos at fast food places are 8-15 bucks. What's weird though is it's all selective stuff, like instead of blanket 10-15% increase, it'll be some things cost 25% to 200% more.
I wonder if that's how Biden is going to keep claiming he solved inflation, prices on enough items in the index will level out while other things spike. Oh well, I'm sure it won't affect voter sentiment in November, since there will be handy factcheckers letting us know inflation is down.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i paid 20 dollars for like 4 gallons of gas today

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

we still on track for a GOP house and senate majority?

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
https://twitter.com/KXNewsMinot/status/1559332883122323460?s=20&t=w1Ul313_36qlxpMPcqGMxA

Almost every local news outlet is running this story. Please, please don't cut back on eating out.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Coolness Averted posted:

Anecdotally speaking, have prices just continued to go up around anyone else? While gas is below the highest spike this year, it's not down to 2021 levels yet. However, I've noticed both groceries and eating out have continued to rise this month. To the point that even combos at fast food places are 8-15 bucks. What's weird though is it's all selective stuff, like instead of blanket 10-15% increase, it'll be some things cost 25% to 200% more.
I wonder if that's how Biden is going to keep claiming he solved inflation, prices on enough items in the index will level out while other things spike. Oh well, I'm sure it won't affect voter sentiment in November, since there will be handy factcheckers letting us know inflation is down.

Yeah, everything is going up.

The gas prices where I live are about $3.80/gal, while near work they're still around $4.20/gal. Diesel prices, which affect everything you buy, are still over $5/gallon.

Really, the dems are running around saying "see! Gasoline is down, and air travel is down! Nothing is wrong!" while ignoring that literally everything else is skyrocketing.

Rent is something I'm not seeing reported, but it's definitely become an issue. It seems that across the board, apartments are either evicting you (if they don't think you can avoid a lawyer), or refusing to renew your lease (in my case, for "renovations"), so they can jack up the prices.

Meanwhile, no one is getting a raise to account for any of it, great job on the economy Joe!

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Coolness Averted posted:

my in-laws were complaining about food especially prices on their recent trip to try and catch covid at a jimmy buffet concert in the us lol

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Nothus posted:

https://twitter.com/KXNewsMinot/status/1559332883122323460?s=20&t=w1Ul313_36qlxpMPcqGMxA

Almost every local news outlet is running this story. Please, please don't cut back on eating out.
Wow, groceries are 70% more expensive than restaurants now.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

lol my so doesn't curse very much

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
One of the microbiologists I work with told me about how she went on a cruise ship last year and everyone got COVID

She has an Anthony Fauci action figure in her office

tiberion02
Mar 26, 2007

People tend to make the common mistake of believing that a situation will last forever.

mediaphage posted:

do the opposite of :sever: - because he/she fuckin roxx

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

tiberion02 posted:

do the opposite of :sever: - because he/she fuckin roxx

Hold on loosely is what I'm given to understand is the appropriate behavior here.

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

mediaphage posted:

>Hey babe. You seen Number go Up recently? Really making me crack ping.

>Cool zone babe. Dark Brandon is on one.

>No better than tump at this point babe.

>Oh, for sure man.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

The "pretend my 4 year old said #ruthkandaForever" posts are evolving.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Halloween Jack posted:

One of the microbiologists I work with told me about how she went on a cruise ship last year and everyone got COVID

She has an Anthony Fauci action figure in her office

I take it she's a floorplater rather than a hardcore germophobe, yes

because I imagine the hardcore germophobes have the right idea. I never could, I'm too lazy for it, but good on them

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Venomous posted:

I take it she's a floorplater rather than a hardcore germophobe, yes

because I imagine the hardcore germophobes have the right idea. I never could, I'm too lazy for it, but good on them

Don't be so sure. One of my wife's co-workers is a massive germophobe who is constantly sanitizing her hands and everything around her, yet she refuses to wear a mask.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Nothus posted:

Don't be so sure. One of my wife's co-workers is a massive germophobe who is constantly sanitizing her hands and everything around her, yet she refuses to wear a mask.

I should have specified: congrats to all the germophobic microbiologists around the world, because they're surely still avoiding cruise ships and wearing masks nowadays, or at least I'd hope so

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

idk i know a lot of microbiologists and they're about as loony as everybody else except like most science people they act like their subject expertise grants them akashic recall (lol i am prone to this too obviously)

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Nothus posted:

lol "Just ignore what the original price was that we're showing the percentage increase of."

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Nothus posted:

why aren't the piggies spending money to make our number go up you have to make them give us money do it media do it do it

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
house is gone for sure, senate maybe

red19fire
May 26, 2010

ex post facho posted:

house is gone for sure, senate maybe

‘Welp, guess we can’t pass any laws that help anyone. Look what you made us do. Continue to vote and give money though, peasants.’

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

The ultimate Dem move would be to lose the house so that the Reps can impeach Biden then say "well we wouldn't want the parliamentarian to get mad" as they vote to affirm

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

red19fire posted:

‘Welp, guess we can’t pass any laws that help anyone. Look what you made us do. Continue to vote and give money though, peasants.’

this has been democrat party doctrine since 2010. they love it and wouldn't have it any other way

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

projecthalaxy posted:

The ultimate Dem move would be to lose the house so that the Reps can impeach Biden then say "well we wouldn't want the parliamentarian to get mad" as they vote to affirm

nah they'd love to see biden get impeached over something super stupid and then fail to remove. clinton got impeached (likely deservedly if you care about lying to congress or not ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ) but the public hated it for the most part and it bit the gop

they'll try to do it again except this time the public will agree and it'll make 2024 even more of a bloodbath

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

mediaphage posted:

nah they'd love to see biden get impeached over something super stupid and then fail to remove. clinton got impeached (likely deservedly if you care about lying to congress or not ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ) but the public hated it for the most part and it bit the gop

they'll try to do it again except this time the public will agree and it'll make 2024 even more of a bloodbath

lmao that clinton's charisma was the only thing that saved him and his idiot wife decided she has all it takes after seeing what his charisma go thim

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Nothus posted:

jokes on you bitch, beans and boullion is still cheaper than actual dirt

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

I’m sure this doesn’t even need to be said but trying to associate monkey pox solely with “men who have sex with men” drives me loving insane because, among other reasons, if you’re acknowledging that bisexual men can get it, then obviously it can be spread to women too, JUST LIKE loving AIDS YOU MORONS.

Seriously hope Fauci falls in an open manhole

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

I’m sure this doesn’t even need to be said but trying to associate monkey pox solely with “men who have sex with men” drives me loving insane because, among other reasons, if you’re acknowledging that bisexual men can get it, then obviously it can be spread to women too, JUST LIKE loving AIDS YOU MORONS.

Seriously hope Fauci falls in an open manhole

Are people really saying others can't get it? Or just that, for now, given the current pattern of spread they're much less likely to? Given that we don't have near enough vaccines giving them to the most at risk population first seems like a good idea to me idk.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

If you are not guilty of the sin of gay sex, then fauci will shield you from the monkeypox.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Are people really saying others can't get it? Or just that, for now, given the current pattern of spread they're much less likely to? Given that we don't have near enough vaccines giving them to the most at risk population first seems like a good idea to me idk.

the cdc still considers having hosed a dude a risk factor on par with touching an animal corpse riddled with the pox

Look we gotta pretend it's the gay disease otherwise our public health failure to address or minimize the spread of the pox over the past 3 months is gonna look silly.
We're also at that phase where we pretend it's not an aerosol and it can't spread like other similar diseases because that would upset the economy