Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

funkybottoms posted:

you should try this crazy new thing that all the cool kids are doing: drinking beer with no adjuncts whatsoever

Don't make things up.

danbanana posted:

People can drink what they want.

This reminds me, I'm gonna have a Double Two-Hearted tonight. :cheers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

No, I don’t think it is.

Alright I caved and got some Sam October.

it’s good

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

All Oktoberfest beers on shelves before September are actually poisoned to weed out the sick and the old among us.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

funkybottoms posted:

you should try this crazy new thing that all the cool kids are doing: drinking beer with no adjuncts whatsoever

might just blow your mind, man

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

danbanana posted:

People can drink what they want.

and they can bite into pizza at whatever temperature they want, too

Bark! A Vagrant
Jan 4, 2007

Grad school is good for mental health
Got to introduce a few friends to the Dark Milds last night while out at the bar. Two really liked it, one doesn't like malt-forward anything. Glad it seems to we're starting to see a wider variety of styles on tap though hazies and pastry stouts and sours are still out in force. Good Word/Beer Study - All Work And No Play

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

funkybottoms posted:

and they can bite into pizza at whatever temperature they want, too

No one's stopping you! Just like no one's stopping you from making GBS threads in a diaper because using a toilet was another basic skill you didn't learn at 4 years old.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

danbanana posted:

No one's stopping you! Just like no one's stopping you from making GBS threads in a diaper because using a toilet was another basic skill you didn't learn at 4 years old.

i didn't say it was a good idea

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

funkybottoms posted:

might just blow your mind, man

no

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
why not just drink soda?

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Spanish Manlove posted:

why not just drink soda?

I don't think soda is alcoholic

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

actionjackson posted:

I don't think soda is alcoholic

https://www.instagram.com/notyourfathers/?hl=en

Sure it is.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I'm good with my fruited sours (which according to wikipedia have been around since... the 16th century?)

the reason I specify types is because I know I won't like anything with an IBU > 30 or so, and I generally like something with flavoring. So sours, or low IBU ales with fruit flavoring, or stouts or porters with chocolate or coffee, etc.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Hammer your palate with some big fuckin HOPS until you like them

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
I desensitized my palate by mainlineing pbrs

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

He who has not waited in line for a lovely release, let him judge the first adjunct beer

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Hammer your palate with some big fuckin HOPS until you like them

I tried some 70 or 80 IBU triple IPA or whatever and it tasted like how I imagine moss on a pine tree tastes

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
have you tried any of the zero ibu ipas?

Kaiho
Dec 2, 2004

actionjackson posted:

I'm good with my fruited sours (which according to wikipedia have been around since... the 16th century?)

There's preserving a summer's fruit harvest in beer a la Pajottenland, and then there's lactose and unfermented fruit puree-laden lactobacillus-soured alcoholic soda. They're not the same thing.

For one thing, the fruit sugars in the traditional style beers are allowed to ferment out.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Kaiho posted:

There's preserving a summer's fruit harvest in beer a la Pajottenland, and then there's lactose and unfermented fruit puree-laden lactobacillus-soured alcoholic soda. They're not the same thing.

For one thing, the fruit sugars in the traditional style beers are allowed to ferment out.

yeah I get the ones with lactose are a newer thing, but they are very tasty! especially in the summer

edit: wait a minute, did one of you buy me this avatar a few weeks ago lol

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Just lmao if you don’t chew raw hops

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Put hops in your beer and drink it with a straw like boba

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Doesn't everyone bury their face into a handful of T90s and come up all wide eyed talking about how they quite literally just saw a rainbow made of citrus fruit?

Just me then?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Kashuno posted:

Put hops in your beer and drink it with a straw like boba

This year’s HOPSLAM sounding lit

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I don’t normally think to look at IBU but I’m pretty sure this is the lowest I’ve ever seen actually printed on a bottle

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I've definitely seen 0s on some of mine

8, those are rookie numbers son

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I don’t normally think to look at IBU but I’m pretty sure this is the lowest I’ve ever seen actually printed on a bottle

Oh it’s our annual reminder that Sam Adams owns the Jack O Traveler name, recipe, and logo and releases it like this, and most of the people I talk to have no clue that it’s the same beer.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Mahoning posted:

Oh it’s our annual reminder that Sam Adams owns the Jack O Traveler name, recipe, and logo and releases it like this, and most of the people I talk to have no clue that it’s the same beer.

Huh. I didn’t know that either. It just comes in the mix pack :shrug:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Mahoning posted:

wait what?

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Yeah. It’s Jack O Traveler. They’re just really dumb and made it a Sam Adams beer and didn’t do anything to let people know that’s what it is.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Mahoning posted:

Yeah. It’s Jack O Traveler. They’re just really dumb and made it a Sam Adams beer and didn’t do anything to let people know that’s what it is.

so Jack O Traveler is a beer that already existed, and now is repackaged as a sam adams beer?

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Spanish Manlove posted:

so Jack O Traveler is a beer that already existed, and now is repackaged as a sam adams beer?

Yeah the Traveler brewery went out of business and Sam Adams bought all the assets I think.

edit: actually a Reddit thread is saying that it was always at least partially owned by Boston Beer Co. a joint venture with the Magic Hat owner. They shut it down and now Jack O Traveler is the only remnant.

Mahoning fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Aug 15, 2022

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

Bark! A Vagrant posted:

Got to introduce a few friends to the Dark Milds last night while out at the bar. Two really liked it, one doesn't like malt-forward anything. Glad it seems to we're starting to see a wider variety of styles on tap though hazies and pastry stouts and sours are still out in force. Good Word/Beer Study - All Work And No Play

Dark mild crew represent. I'm pretty happy with how this one turned out: https://untappd.com/b/burke-gilman-brewing-company-keep-mild-and-carry-on/4903579

Kaiho
Dec 2, 2004

RocketMermaid posted:

Dark mild crew represent. I'm pretty happy with how this one turned out: https://untappd.com/b/burke-gilman-brewing-company-keep-mild-and-carry-on/4903579

Hard ISO. Do you dispense on cask at the brewery too, the superior form of serving dark mild?

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

RocketMermaid posted:

Uhh, have had. It was very good. Could have sat there and drank them all night but drank other really good things too. You should absolutely be happy with how that presents.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
My buddy/coworker went back home to Iowa last week to visit, and he brought me home some goodies. Haven't really dug into anything yet, aside from one of the Warpigs pilsners, which was decent but really dry. Excited to check out more of this stuff.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Saw this today, never seen before in the wild (Michigan) so I had to buy it

Tis good. The blueberry is legit

Fat Dan
Jul 10, 2022

HELLO

Detective Thompson posted:

My buddy/coworker went back home to Iowa last week to visit, and he brought me home some goodies. Haven't really dug into anything yet, aside from one of the Warpigs pilsners, which was decent but really dry. Excited to check out more of this stuff.

Nice flexi.

Fat Dan
Jul 10, 2022

HELLO
Nice lacing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Dan
Jul 10, 2022

HELLO
Was just at a beer fest, and god drat was it run well.

Sold out Friday night, Saturday day and Saturday night tomorrow, and there were not big lines and there were seats and outside areas and food and it was just great.

Congrats to the Froth Town people for pacing it and attendees over 2 days and 3 sessions , and it not having it be a loving poo poo show.

Had a bunch of the unpopular farmhouse ales, Belgian style poo poo and related funky stuff. Ive been missing Brett.

Fat Dan fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Aug 19, 2022