Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
checking out prey, how the gently caress does a dog gets its tail caught in a bear trap

e: I'm annoyed that chuds are mad at this movie for being woke because it's legitimately bad

Intruder fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Aug 15, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
First person I’ve seen dislike it. Great movie for a stream imo

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I think it would be a lot better if I didn't already know it was a Predator movie

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I thought it was kind of boring, to the point where I paid so little attention to it that I cannot even recall much of what happened in the last third of the movie. That is pretty much how I rate streaming movies now - was it interesting enough for me to actually watch it Y/N? Also the dog gets its tail caught in a trap because then they don't need to do every take with the dog limping, while still showing trappers were around.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Intruder posted:

I think it would be a lot better if I didn't already know it was a Predator movie

That's a fair issue.

In general I think it was a well put-together movie. If anything I appreciate that the story is incredibly lean & tight, kind of like the original.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Just ordered some Hot Ones hot sauces. I'm super stoked. Been meaning to do this for a long time and I plan to make wings pretty soon.

Aka Miso Hot Sauce | Bravado Spice Co (8/10)

Pineapple Habanero Hot Sauce | Heartbeat Hot Sauce (4/10)

Hot Ones Season 18 Hot Ones Trio | Hot Ones Hot Sauce (the trio => classic (1/10), caliente (4/10), and last dab (10/10)

:woop:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I bought the last dab and don't get cocky if you try it because it's one of those that kicks in after 15-30 seconds

e: the predator vs bear fight was cool but the bear winning kind of ruins the mystique of the predator

Intruder fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Aug 15, 2022

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I was going to get mad that she won’t just gently caress off, and that she won’t just gently caress off because the media keeps treating her like she has anything important to say, and then I see this tweet is from 2016 and we’re getting mad at stuff from 6 years ago and now I’m thinking maybe the internet is the problem?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Beaten but why we rehashing 6 year old tweets

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Amy Pole Her posted:

The Dreaded Hillary said some stuff recently, so of course that means we have to litigate 2016 all over again.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Chilling in Grand Rapids

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I genuinely think less of people who don't swear, like you have something to hide or are living some ascetic life denying yourself the pleasure of words.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

ok now that I've finished Prey I'm retracting my "it's bad"

it's good

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Intruder posted:

ok now that I've finished Prey I'm retracting my "it's bad"

it's good

The final fight is well done.

I also like the fake-out with the quicksand mud pit earlier in the movie to make you think it will be just like in the original film, but the flower medicine "cooling the blood" was subtly telegraphed from the beginning.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Her brothers actor worked at TJ maxx before this role. Dude was magnetic on screen - great find of talent. His last scene in the film was delivered powerfully

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Amy Pole Her posted:

I got gotten by the date :ughh:

It was in a thread with Sexist Bernie poo poo and I’m a dumdum apparently

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

To be fair, all this Clinton poo poo is coming up again because she wrote a book where part of it is her making GBS threads on Bernie (again). So everyone is rehashing the same stuff that came up in 2016.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Thinking of you NBS...

https://twitter.com/AndyRichter/status/1559049979661991936?t=aS_BmEqBLYePJks-EUP7Og&s=19

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

I watched Predator 2 last night and I forgot how insane that movie is. Although I think it was part of a trend of movies from the 80s and 90s that depicted cities as literal war zones. The cops all had these ridiculous looking guns with all sorts of poo poo on them, and the cartel is full of coked out nutjobs just blasting everyone. The special effects were also somehow worse than the original.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Bird in a Blender posted:

I watched Predator 2 last night and I forgot how insane that movie is. Although I think it was part of a trend of movies from the 80s and 90s that depicted cities as literal war zones.

Escape from New York vs Predator was a missed opportunity now that you've made me think of it. Predator vs Robocop?

I mean you can just insert Predator into a lot of films and get something very dumb, but campy and kinda fun.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Aug 15, 2022

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I still wanna see a Star Wars vs Aliens movie.

Have it be a bunch of storm troopers infiltrating a rebel base on some distant, largely unexplored planet only to arrive there and whoops its empty wonder where the rebels wen-aaaaargh!

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

I mean look at this gun!

and these!

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Bird in a Blender posted:

To be fair, all this Clinton poo poo is coming up again because she wrote a book where part of it is her making GBS threads on Bernie (again). So everyone is rehashing the same stuff that came up in 2016.

Still doesn’t really answer why though. More fuel for my “no more Twitter” fire. Clicks and clicks!

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

My favorite part of Predator 2 is the weird caricature depiction of Rastafarians and the ritual massacre interrupting the gratuitous Action Movie gently caress Scene.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Still doesn’t really answer why though. More fuel for my “no more Twitter” fire. Clicks and clicks!

I quit twitter a month or so ago so all my exposure is from here.

Probably still near-literal brain poison.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Re-upping Hillary's old stuff when her book comes out claiming different things that are questionably true seems fine, otherwise we could never discuss history.

Not noting that you're just using stuff from 6 years ago unless you check is a problem, but one that the platform encourages since it's super easy to retweet something from back then and if people aren't paying attention they think it's from now.

It seems to me to be more of a problem with how this all works rather than monetizing clicks.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Also you're not talking me out of possums every hour or cats with jobs posts Crazy.

It's a cesspool and I know that, but there are fun things inside of there. It takes some self control but you don't have to engage with the crazy bits.

e: god now I look like I'm a twitter fan here, well oops. That's decidedly not the case, I'm just a fan of silly poo poo.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Aug 15, 2022

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Quiet Feet posted:

I still wanna see a Star Wars vs Aliens movie.

Have it be a bunch of storm troopers infiltrating a rebel base on some distant, largely unexplored planet only to arrive there and whoops its empty wonder where the rebels wen-aaaaargh!

While not official canon there's some comics on the internet that have this crossover:

Of course a Predator shows up too.

If you want something nuts there was a Superman Vs. Aliens comics story where Kal-El is so far in deep space away from any nearby star & runs into some xenonorphs.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

They made the right call. There would have been lawsuits.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I want to work less and to sleep more.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Feel bad for the chuds that rush onto that app looking for a sun-toasted sorority tradwife or a Tomi Lahren or Lauren Boebert and just get their identities stolen

Also this would be a perfect FBI honeypot

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

dirty shrimp money posted:

Feel bad for the chuds that rush onto that app looking for a sun-toasted sorority tradwife or a Tomi Lahren or Lauren Boebert and just get their identities stolen

Who says that it isn't?

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

dirty shrimp money posted:

No, I don't think I'll feel bad at all.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I’m giggling like an idiot at this

https://twitter.com/songkisses/status/1558951452734853130?s=21&t=OguYjAQBwt0cgX3GzuGzsg

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Crossposting here for college FB posters who haven't dipped back into the NCAAF thread yet:

General Dog posted:

It’s time again for the TFF CFB Pick ‘Em 2022! I went ahead and renewed the group from last year; if you’re a new member go to the link below and enter group number and password:

https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/college/register/joingroup

Group ID#: 3704
Password: croots

The pick 'em starts for the games of Week One on September 2-3; no week zero games.

Edit: one other note; I trust everyone itt not to be malicious with one another, but just as a heads up the email address associated with your account is displayed by default on some pages; you can hide it by clicking your pick set, selecting "Edit My Info" and unchecking "Allow others to see your email address".

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
lol

https://twitter.com/StarLordsEnergy/status/1558950294846951432

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

God this is gonna be filled with fake accounts that are gonna scam a bunch of dipshits out of their money.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

seiferguy posted:

God this is gonna be filled with fake accounts that are gonna scam a bunch of dipshits out of their money.

So regular dating site? Got it.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

So regular dating site? Got it.

Some are a lot worse than others.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

seiferguy posted:

I wonder if the source code will be easily viewable and if all of the passwords will be stored in plaintext like some of the other right wing grifter apps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Does it allow for same-sex matchmaking or no