Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
"Hi, I'm Link McClure, you may remember me from such adventures as Oh, look, the moon!, 72 Hours of Sailing and ZELDA, How do I fly this crazy thing?!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

CJacobs posted:

It's such a funky recurring gag that people made memes about specifically the concept of Link being attracted to 0 women only fish

So Innsmouth is located in Hyrule?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
since we're on this dumb meme, can someone help me find the Sidon version of the "Ariel Needs Legs " meme, my search engine fu sucks or youtube search sucks , tia.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Frank Frank posted:

I never played it but one of my kids got it for Christmas on her DS. I tried playing it but couldn’t get past the horrible controls. Bummed I bought Turok 2 over Majora’s Mask back in the day :smith:

whaaaa Turok 2 rules! one of the top shooters of that period. you choose wisely.

also it sounds like Turok 2 got a superior remake so.. go turok 2?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I’ve always and forever will love the feel and world of Bioshock and I bought Close To The Sun on sale and at least for the first hour it captures the same feeling.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

BioEnchanted posted:

"Hi, I'm Link McClure, you may remember me from such adventures as Oh, look, the moon!, 72 Hours of Sailing and ZELDA, How do I fly this crazy thing?!"

I can absolutely hear him say 'Well excuuuuuse me, Princess!'

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

oldpainless posted:

I’ve always and forever will love the feel and world of Bioshock and I bought Close To The Sun on sale and at least for the first hour it captures the same feeling.

More like old-would-you-kindly-less.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Sally posted:

whaaaa Turok 2 rules! one of the top shooters of that period. you choose wisely.

also it sounds like Turok 2 got a superior remake so.. go turok 2?

BEWAREOBLIVIONISATHAND

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
...I forgot that one of Bo'rai Cho's fatalities in Mortal Kombat X is force-feeding his opponent a sample of his hip flask, which makes the opponent vomit their own intestines up.

The drunken master fighting game character, Mortal Kombat style.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Biplane posted:

BEWAREOBLIVIONISATHAND

When will we have Turok Rage Peace

Or a remaster of Rage Wars game ruled

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Rage Wars and Turok 3 were N64 exclusive werent they? my worry is Nightdive is only remastering them if they had PC ports i dunno

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I played whichever Turok had a really long animation of your character vomitting and slowly succumbing if they died from poison damage, that didn't feel very rootin' not tootin'

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Danaru posted:

I played whichever Turok had a really long animation of your character vomitting and slowly succumbing if they died from poison damage, that didn't feel very rootin' not tootin'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLdd3PQLHXg&t=76s

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Turok 2 has the greatest videogame weapon of all time, the Cerebral Bore, which has not been topped in the 57 years since it's release. It was even better with big head mode turned on as well :allears:

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Nah, that was Red Faction's magnet gun. Being able to shoot houses at things you dislike was just incredible. The game also had a gun that let you shoot black holes. Black holes!

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Biplane posted:

Turok 2 has the greatest videogame weapon of all time, the Cerebral Bore, which has not been topped in the 57 years since it's release. It was even better with big head mode turned on as well :allears:

It was cheesy as gently caress in multiplayer iirc

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Frank Frank posted:

It was cheesy as gently caress in multiplayer iirc

Hearing that high pitched whine you just knew you were hosed.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

tight aspirations posted:

Nah, that was Red Faction's magnet gun. Being able to shoot houses at things you dislike was just incredible. The game also had a gun that let you shoot black holes. Black holes!

No. Shooting a homing drill into the head of a giant dinosaur-hybrid and watching it clutch its head in agony as the shrill whine of the drill ramps up until the head explodes is the winner. I'd like to see a black hole do that!

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

haveblue posted:

Finally we know Link's last name, and it's McClure

Read this is as McClane and got a very different mental image

"Welcome to the party, HYAA!"

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Cool Kids Club Soda posted:

Read this is as McClane and got a very different mental image

"Welcome to the party, HYAA!"

Die Hard in Hyrule... might kinda work. It's not far off a lot of Zelda games.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I have light arrows now, ho ho ho

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

https://imgur.com/a/YGTD8GC

Armed and Dangerous, noted janky LucasArts game, did have a land shark gun. I think they also had a gun that inverted the gravity and the screen, so the enemies fell downward, then reverted. After a second all of the enemies would hit the ground

I think there are the only positive aspects of that videogame

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I've seen that game's cutscenes, they are extremely silly.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
Conan: Exiles

You can harvest your own corpse for supplies.

Pulsarcat
Feb 7, 2012

Since it's on game pass I gave Cooking Simulator a try.
It's basically a cooking game with physics and there are a couple fun things.

There's a dart board you can use, I couldn't find where you're supposed to get darts, until I realized you can toss your knife at it.
If you toss your phone out the window it will hop back in.
There's apparently a ladle you can buy, but I tried picking up the whole soup pot and turning it upside to pour soup into a bowl, this went well.
I discovered you can buy a propane tank, I don't know what use it is when it comes to cooking, but I do know that if you toss it on the girdle it will blow the doors off your fridge.

The only down side is the fuse on the fire cracker is too short, so you can't send it out too the customer before the bowl you put it in explodes.

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
The Let’s Game it Out guy has a whole YouTube series about messing with the cooking simulator games and what the physics engine will let you get away with

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Good god if that game had the molecular matter thing.

I want to see the leek bend until it breaks

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Die Hard in Hyrule... might kinda work. It's not far off a lot of Zelda games.
Sneaking through different levels, each with their own gimmick or puzzle to solve, while gathering equipment in order to eventually defeat the head bad guy.

Yeah that checks out, I'd play it.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Zero_Grade posted:

Sneaking through different levels, each with their own gimmick or puzzle to solve, while gathering equipment in order to eventually defeat the head bad guy.

Yeah that checks out, I'd play it.

Pretty much, yeah. Smash Bros Brawl implicitly compared Snake to Link and for good reason.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
poo poo, why hasn't there been a Zelda stealth game? That sounds loving rad.

Oh, right. It's because Zelda keeps doing forced stealth sections that even at their best are obtrusive. So even if you do marry it to really smart stealth mechanics from stuff like Metal Gear, the pitch is still 'hey we made an entire game of the part of Ocarina of Time you hated'.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Zelda was a big part of me believing for many years that I hated stealth games. Nope, turns out games designed around robust stealth mechanics can be great, what I actually hate is the constant need to stick stealth sequences in games that aren't about stealth and don't support it well.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

Captain Hygiene posted:

Zelda was a big part of me believing for many years that I hated stealth games. Nope, turns out games designed around robust stealth mechanics can be great, what I actually hate is the constant need to stick stealth sequences in games that aren't about stealth and don't support it well.

I kept having people try to convince me to add a stealth section to my game about arcade naval combat. This is my response:

https://twitter.com/byobattleship/status/1557547232743682048

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

I kept having people try to convince me to add a stealth section to my game about arcade naval combat. This is my response:

:hellyeah:

jjack229
Feb 14, 2008
Articulate your needs. I'm here to listen.

I feel like a great way to troll people would be to have a stealth mode option, but what it actually does is set the enemy to infinite vision (no fog of war) and infinite weapon range. When the player is outside the standard weapon range the enemy has a time delay before it begins to start shooting, but the delay would be random so that the player assumes they messed up somehow and were detected.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

While I respect your creative vision, I do have an important thing to note:

Giant silencers for your ship guns would be extremely funny.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

How do you have a stealth section in a game about naval combat? I mean, even "Hoist the enemy nation's flag" would still have the issue of... your boat doesn't look like their boats.

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING

jjack229 posted:

I feel like a great way to troll people would be to have a stealth mode option, but what it actually does is set the enemy to infinite vision (no fog of war) and infinite weapon range. When the player is outside the standard weapon range the enemy has a time delay before it begins to start shooting, but the delay would be random so that the player assumes they messed up somehow and were detected.

There was a similar troll added to Buckle Up and Drive. On the maps, among the various billboards you see while driving, occasionally the billboard will have a LGBT+ pride flag. Expecting this wouldn't sit well with some people, the dev added a "Pride Flag Billboard Toggle" option to the settings. Except, switching it doesn't remove the pride flags. It makes EVERY billboard have a pride flag.

https://www.glitched.online/buckle-up-and-drive-dev-trolls-homophobes-by-adding-pride-flag-toggle-that-does-the-opposite-of-what-it-says/

quote:

Speaking to Gayming Magazine, Fontes says that he knew some users would be upset about the LGBT+ flag appearing in the game and wanted to have fun with it. Instead of turning off the flags, he purposely increased the appearance of it to annoy haters.

Dev response posted:

“The game features a couple pride flags (rainbow and trans) among the randomized billboards on the sides of the road. Predicting how some folk would react to their mere existence, I figured… screw it, might as well have some fun with it. Hence the toggle called ‘Pride flag billboard toggle’ in the game settings, which can switch between having the pride flags among all the other billboard designs… or turn ALL of the billboards into pride flags.”

“Some people foaming at the mouth slightly more than they would’ve already, just for having the flags in the first place (some not getting it and thinking the toggle just doesn’t do anything), and a collective belly laugh from everyone else. My thoughts on the ones upset by it… Cope.”

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Randalor posted:

How do you have a stealth section in a game about naval combat? I mean, even "Hoist the enemy nation's flag" would still have the issue of... your boat doesn't look like their boats.

Either Assassins Creed 3 or Black Flag had a ship stealth section, IIRC you basically followed an enemy ship through a swamp and stopped at predetermined hiding spots to not be detected, was not a good idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Isn't a stealth ship just a submarine?