Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
climate change is going to do most of the work for them which is the plan anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

tokin opposition posted:

I'm sure the billionaires will roll out the IRL diepod anyway

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

I'm 99% sure they're gonna skip that step and just go straight to armed robodogs exterminating undesirables.

uber_stoat posted:

climate change is going to do most of the work for them which is the plan anyway.

have faith in the marketplace, we'll try all these options and whichever is the best at dealing with human removal services will win out.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/connorspence_/status/1558880509874274308?s=21&t=2G-iLTAq7WB68fJAla5riA

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Repeat after me: some desk jockey got paid more than I'll ever be to come up with this list of phrases

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

HashtagGirlboss posted:

We have it in Oregon too, I think we were the first US state to legalize it and updated the law recently to remove the requirement that you establish residency before taking advantage of the law. It’s very limited and locked down though (we’re talking a couple hundred people a year) and afaik nowhere near as abused as apparently the Canadian one is which lmao when a US state is doing better than you is when you know you’re hosed

The American State is built on exploiting labor. It's no good to let your labor off itself before you wring every ounce of value out of it

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

It's wild how close they can deliberately get to a good idea just to twist it into something so perfectly soul destroying.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/MrMandolino/status/1558447434694549504

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

It's wild how close they can deliberately get to a good idea just to twist it into something so perfectly soul destroying.

It would be a good fit for Paranoia.

Citizen Slave-IR-AMA, mandatory happiness will now be supplemented with mandatory mindfulness every deca-cycle. Please engage follow the on screen prompts. Mindlessness is treason. Your relaxation is being evaluated.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer
We live in a loving hellworld, the solution to too many people choosing to leave it is not "stop giving them the choice."

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Ham Equity posted:

We live in a loving hellworld, the solution to too many people choosing to leave it is not "stop giving them the choice."

Capitalist Realism is a source of terrifying insight.

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

Ruffian Price posted:

Repeat after me: some desk jockey got paid more than I'll ever be to come up with this list of phrases

cells within cells interlinked

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

The quote marks make it seem like the problem was not the use of a racial slur but saying the words "racial slur."

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
she full on dropped the n-bomb and was horrified after, it was so loving bizarre

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

smarxist posted:

she full on dropped the n-bomb and was horrified after, it was so loving bizarre

bizarre? who wouldn’t be horrified!

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013
https://twitter.com/KujiKatsumi/status/1534546555742703616

lmao

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Cup Runneth Over posted:

actually perhaps it has more to do with this than the legalization of voluntary euthanasia being inherently bad 👇

If somebody's life is unbearable and they want to die, they should have access to MAID. Yeah, it would be great if instead we spent money to make their lives more bearable, but taking away MAID won't make that any more likely to happen, we'll just let them suffer until they down a bottle of Tylenol. It isn't a choice between MAID and fully automated luxury communism, it's a choice between maid and DIY methods of suicide.

Depriving people of a painless way to die won't make them want to live.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Not sure why but my brain parses MAID as "mutually assured instant death". Sort of a buy one get one free euthanasia thing where you have to take the second one too.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
when i visited a maid cafe this isn't what i wanted

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

you do things in private a lot and they slip into your public facing version of yourself

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Antonymous posted:

you do things in private a lot and they slip into your public facing version of yourself

So this is why everyone calls me a fuckface.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Antonymous posted:

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

Inceltown posted:

mutually assured instant death

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Inceltown posted:

Not sure why but my brain parses MAID as "mutually assured instant death". Sort of a buy one get one free euthanasia thing where you have to take the second one too.

You may choose one Canadian politician to be put to death when you make use of the voluntary euthanasia program

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
STOP CLEANING THE ROOM I JUST WANT TO DIE!

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Antonymous posted:

A Spherical Sponge
Nov 28, 2010
https://twitter.com/ZachWritesStuff/status/1559155654622945290

Some scary stuff in here.

quote:

The neuroscience of addiction and recovery is rapidly evolving. Rezai and his team decided to stimulate the nucleus accumbens on the basis of prior case studies, but newer research published in Nature has focused on different brain circuits entirely. The study analyzed patients struggling with addiction who seemed cured by the experience of having a stroke. “The spots that came out of our analysis were the very anterior insula and then an area called the paracingulate gyrus,” said Michael D. Fox, the director of the Center for Brain Circuit Therapeutics at Harvard Medical School. These areas of the brain are thought to play a core role in producing the sensation of human subjectivity and sentience. “People have done cingulotomies, lesions to the anterior cingulate, to try and treat addiction,” Fox said. “We think they might have been onto something.”

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
I guess its not that surprising that lobotomies are going to make a comeback.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/i_zzzzzz/status/1559027106176286721?s=20&t=jvYRkR5GbfStPfHjalKHMg

accidently bought a company town and it's upset my worklife balance

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

https://twitter.com/KujiKatsumi/status/1534606621808132097?s=20&t=kbR1EB2E_PyimtNdIjhCEQ

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Losing sentience and saving a lot of nose candy money seems like a win win

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

folks i'll say it again, we need a butlerian jihad

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i still think the virtual youtuber thing is really weird

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Antonymous posted:

yep

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Shear Modulus posted:

it's gonna get weirder, and then some

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
our awfultars will act out motioncaptured posts

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
I would become a peter watts zombie given the chance yeah

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Shear Modulus posted:

Is it, though? It feels like a pretty natural evolution of the pressures present in making that kind of content, where you're expected to mug a camera and talk over whatever you're doing.

You may wanna make content but despise how you look, you may have other issues like anxieties or autism but you still wanna do the thing, and content without some kind of person to stare at doesnt do as well for ???? Reasons

Personally i think personality driven content sucks but i dunno it makes sense to me as an emergent condition of monetizing content creation in the way youtube and twitch and all that has

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Riot Bimbo posted:

folks i'll say it again, we need a butlerian jihad

I'll settle for a jihad against anyone who has a butler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

lollontee posted:

it's gonna get weirder, and then some

enjoy this CGI bear who does reviews of power tools
:tipshat:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN4rpwcJdqo