Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
The only thing worse than hyperbole is people who don't "get" hyperbole.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

the funniest part of the bean dad saga was how he hired a pr image firm and then the capitol stuff happened and no one cared about bean dad anymore

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Sankis posted:

the funniest part of the bean dad saga was how he hired a pr image firm and then the capitol stuff happened and no one cared about bean dad anymore

my god that's a hell of a PR image firm

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

Alaois posted:

lol

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Alaois posted:

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
you absolutely know that it burned him not to be able to tweet during that poo poo too

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Alaois posted:

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

I can’t believe Travis instigated the insurrection attempt to get the heat off of Johnny.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I think they should've stuck with Griffin's Rugrats theme. The new song is good but yea I don't think it fits still :nyoron:

Though like peeps have said, the other one prob didn't fit them either, it was just the song they used for so long that it stuck haha.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

The new song is saccharine and I hate it

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Good Listener posted:

they should've stuck with Griffin's Rugrats theme.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

could have never seen what was coming for me
hangs at the skate park
hangs at the beach

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Zutaten posted:

One, two, three, four!

Lol glad I'm not the only one who's amused by this.

And yes the Griffin rugrats theme was infinitely superior and definitely suited the show more.

Dietrich posted:

*Travis lurks*

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
my life is better with two

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Dietrich posted:

hangs at the skate park
hangs at the beach

This is the best part of the video for the song as she literally is stood on a beach and points at the sea.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Empty Sandwich posted:

my life is better with two

Which two?????

(I think we know)

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Colonel Whitey posted:

Which two?????

(I think we know)

My brother, and my brother

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

I really dislike the new theme song. It doesn’t fit the show at all and just feels out of place. Griffin’s song was perfect.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I like the song. It doesn't gently caress my ears like it's a departure does, and it doesn't potentially draw the ire of nickelodeon the way Griffin's very good good song did.

Justin has a pretty new kitty.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

It's A Departure has a weird time change into the chorus and it always feels uncomfortable. The Montaigne song is good actually.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Colonel Whitey posted:

Which two?????

change my name posted:

My brother, and my brother

they were able to No Homers Club their way out of this one

ricro
Dec 22, 2008
Take a Chance on Me still the one true theme

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

stromboni posted:

Take a Chance on Me still the one true theme

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://twitter.com/justinmcelroy/status/1557724431732002816?s=21&t=gkMoQHdFOiR-ecBRP_bm5A

Justin looking more like Clint every day.

https://twitter.com/justinmcelroy/status/1559179378545803265?s=21&t=gkMoQHdFOiR-ecBRP_bm5A

Pork Lift
Oct 9, 2007

Winner of the 2012
:dong: Highway Traffic :dong:
Prediction Razzies

“Dunham”

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
He looks like a schlubby Travis

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Pork Lift posted:

“Dunham”

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olivia_Dunham?wprov=sfti1

idk if this is better or worse than naming a cat after Judd Apatow’s best protege

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

The Munch Squad from the latest(?) live show was the best one in a long while. The Arby’s/Old Spice crossover one. Jesus Christ they made Arby’s food sound so loving disgusting in that press release.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
Arbys And Old Spice was the Portland show, which was a wild and good event to be at.

It was also the one with the lady who had too many rabbits jizzing on her but I didn’t finish the pod ep version to see if they included that.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

jeeves posted:

Arbys And Old Spice was the Portland show, which was a wild and good event to be at.

It was also the one with the lady who had too many rabbits jizzing on her but I didn’t finish the pod ep version to see if they included that.

Oh they did. They even left in the bit about how no one would ever hear it.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

They should use one of Paul's songs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWMPVn1kgIQ

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Popping into this thread to say I saw Nope and the alien spaceship monster reminded me a lot of the blob from Car Boys.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Holy poo poo, THAT’s Paul Sabourin?? I downloaded that song from Napster a million years ago after I first heard it on Bob and Tom, and no poo poo it just popped into my head randomly last week for the first time in probably like 10 years.

What a random-rear end link that is for my brain, thanks for sharing. You gotta admit, it’s an extremely catchy tune!

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Papa Shaq will save us!

https://twitter.com/cnn/status/1559936855797284864?s=21&t=8RhVdNioKyESxbSYStEqMA

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

some of the bigger points of the adventure zone zone on ethersea.

* Almost all of the final episodes were recorded as one big continuous batch to accommodate Griffin moving
* Griffin intentionally moved away from mission-based storytelling because he didn't think it lent itself to a cohesive overarching narrative.
* The Natural 1 did, indeed, disrupt Griffin's vision for the season. However, he realized when he was putting it together that he didn't want to do a pandemic storyline in the middle of a pandemic and pivoted it to a god fight.
* They actually like that they went from rando contractors to saviors of the world?
* Clint had an in character reason not to tell Amber about the Blink Sharks and then forgot about the Blink Sharks between episodes
* The final arc sounds like it was going to be smaller, more mystery-oriented (they interrogated Brother Seldom), and involve them going to the school (which exploded?) instead of doing their weird Brinar tower thing.
* Griffin envisioned that the rival crew found one of the other contingency plan cities but they never wound up using it so that storyline is now noncanonical.
* There were a lot of problems with the Cambria flashback ("one of the worst play experiences we had") because Griffin told Justin before they started that he was the saboteur and then was secretly working behind the scenes to help Justin succeed in sabotaging the mission.
* Justin was personally annoyed with Devo but thought that he wasn't intentionally supposed to be annoying until very late in the game, which is why Amber's hatred for Devo came in so fast and hard. Also Devo "wanted a mother figure approval thing" which is kind of ugggghhhh
* They think that it was good that the crew kind of hated each other and that it contributed to fun conflict
* They're really pissed off about people trying to psycho-analyze their family via their shows.
* Devo was even more special than revealed in fiction.

i don't really agree with a lot of their takes and decisions but it was interesting to listen to.

Also, they're going back to Dust with Erika Ishii, who is great.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

QuoProQuid posted:

Also, they're going back to Dust with Erika Ishii, who is great.

Wow hell yes

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

QuoProQuid posted:

some of the bigger points of the adventure zone zone on ethersea.

* Justin was personally annoyed with Devo but thought that he wasn't intentionally supposed to be annoying until very late in the game, which is why Amber's hatred for Devo came in so fast and hard. Also Devo "wanted a mother figure approval thing" which is kind of ugggghhhh
* They think that it was good that the crew kind of hated each other and that it contributed to fun conflict
* They're really pissed off about people trying to psycho-analyze their family via their shows.

Putting these three together gave me a good chuckle.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
https://twitter.com/j_mcelroy/status/1560102380279984129?s=20&t=_KkzEpom-QpcFz0LSwi6bQ

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I’m so glad he’s a good sport about it all. What a delight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea of all the people to share your name with a silly lil guy who's main brand is 'hey you like eating trash and haunted dolls, right dude?' is a pretty good one. Better than that Media Matters dude who shares a name with Matt Gaetz who gets "SIR YOU ARE GOING TO JAIL!!!!!!" DMs constantly