Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Just know that combat is 3rd person only in that list. Still fun but it's pretty different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
For your gently caressing consideration:

Skyrim Modding: 'Scuse me while I Rim the Sky

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Holy poo poo it's been a long while since I've experienced install times like that, lol.

With the modlist now installed, I'm free to delete the downloaded files folder, right? Good lord it takes up an ungodly amount of hard drive space

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

toasterwarrior posted:

Holy poo poo it's been a long while since I've experienced install times like that, lol.

With the modlist now installed, I'm free to delete the downloaded files folder, right? Good lord it takes up an ungodly amount of hard drive space

Correct, although it'll all need to be downloaded again if you need an update so it's worth checking in the discord for whatever list you've got when the next update will be.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

The problem with every skyrim modpack / wabbajack whatever is they all include a bunch of naked women and dick mods and really you need to have the freedom to choose your own dicks maybe I don't like the dicks included.

But on a serious note tastes are so personal and subjective I'm not sure mine would ever line up with most other people.

Why do they all include nude mods though?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

cheesetriangles posted:

The problem with every skyrim modpack / wabbajack whatever is they all include a bunch of naked women and dick mods and really you need to have the freedom to choose your own dicks maybe I don't like the dicks included.

But on a serious note tastes are so personal and subjective I'm not sure mine would ever line up with most other people.

Because it's "immersion breaking" if everyone in Skyrim isn't 100% anatomically correct.

On a serious note, a lot of these mod packs are ultimately curated by single people, so you're subjecting yourself to that person's personal tastes regarding what they consider Skyrim to be, as opposed to being able to customize Skyrim in accordance to what you want it to be. Yes, modpacks and wabbajack take a lot of the tedium out of modding Skyrim, but unless you want to fork said packs to your own specifications (which is just bringing back in the tedium you were saving yourself by using the modpack), then you're kind of at the whims of the modpack author wants everyone in the game to have huge honkin' dicks and boobs or not.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

While I have immense respect for Wabbajack as a mod project, I’d never let someone else choose which mods I should play with. These days, I tend to play Bethesda games closer to vanilla, with choice enhancements in graphics and playability here and there. And I prefer to pick those by hand.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

cheesetriangles posted:

I'm pretty sure the ones that get brought up in this thread most often don't have nude mods, at least not by default. I know Septimus doesn't, I haven't played Elysium in a long time, several versions ago, but I don't believe it did then and it would be weird for them to change it.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

There are like 3 modlists with nudity and about 20 without.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
This modlist plays like shiiiiiit, I'm sad to say. I'm talking the combat and stamina system feeling janky as gently caress, which is classic Skyrim TBF but when it's trying to do the Souls thing then the lack of polish hits harder. And it's crashed twice already, and I'm extremely not a fan of the cosmetics.

Man, vanilla Skyrim has plenty of visual issues (most of them coming from being a decade-old game) but I have to admit that I honestly don't mind the look; I just prefer things to look sharper and with better contrast, but instead it feels like the entire world's lighting is super hosed.

Wonder if there's a good modlist out there that just does mostly gameplay adjustments with very light cosmetic changes.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Yeah, I kind of hesitated suggesting that one but it does have precision lol. Just a bunch of other poo poo too. I'd just take a look at this and see if any look good to you. Maybe you can just add precision to it.

https://www.wabbajack.org/gallery?selectedGame=Skyrim%20Special%20Edition

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Skwirl posted:

I'm pretty sure the ones that get brought up in this thread most often don't have nude mods, at least not by default. I know Septimus doesn't, I haven't played Elysium in a long time, several versions ago, but I don't believe it did then and it would be weird for them to change it.

Oh okay time to reveal my deception of toaster warrior getting to character creation and posting a screenshot in discord that just makes you sigh / laugh. Maybe the next mod list posted above won't have that poo poo.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Oh, does aldrnari have nudity? I didn't think it did.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
To be fair, however, there's like barely any skin texture mods for Skyrim these days that are any good that don't offer you a "HEY, DO YOU ALSO WANT TO INSTALL THESE DICK/BOOBIES/VAJAYJAY TEXTURES WE WORKED SUPER HARD ON AS WELL?" option on their installer too. So it's just sort of the name of the game at this point.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I mean, like every major modding advance has been fueled by horny mods.

Would we even have custom animations if it weren't for people trying to get realistic thrusting action?

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Aug 14, 2022

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

cheesetriangles posted:

Oh okay time to reveal my deception of toaster warrior getting to character creation and posting a screenshot in discord that just makes you sigh / laugh. Maybe the next mod list posted above won't have that poo poo.

Do it, it's a hell of a thing. The text not fitting the UI boxes really enhances the effect

Wiltsghost posted:

Yeah, I kind of hesitated suggesting that one but it does have precision lol. Just a bunch of other poo poo too. I'd just take a look at this and see if any look good to you. Maybe you can just add precision to it.

https://www.wabbajack.org/gallery?selectedGame=Skyrim%20Special%20Edition

I've settled on Journey, and someone on their discord said Precision works fine on top. Thanks for all the help!

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Yeah, I got Journey installed and this is pretty much what I'm looking for. Maybe a bit more spice in the perks and diversity in equipment but it totally works.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Nice, glad you found one you like.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
You download a modlist from wabbajack then modify from there, obviously

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
With modding being the game, Wabbajack is just playing someone else's save file for the fun of it.

Konsek
Sep 4, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I haven't even played this game since launch but suddenly everyone I know seems to be playing it on their Xbox and it got me interested, so I got myself Anniversary Edition for PC.

Okay so I just want to check with you guys, if I use this Wabbajack to install a modlist, say Legends of the Frost which is all visual stuff (apart from one combat mod I think, Blunt and Blade?) I can just use the Mod Organiser to remove that combat mod right? And then, can I install Legacy of the Dragonborn over the top of all that?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Konsek posted:

I haven't even played this game since launch but suddenly everyone I know seems to be playing it on their Xbox and it got me interested, so I got myself Anniversary Edition for PC.

Okay so I just want to check with you guys, if I use this Wabbajack to install a modlist, say Legends of the Frost which is all visual stuff (apart from one combat mod I think, Blunt and Blade?) I can just use the Mod Organiser to remove that combat mod right? And then, can I install Legacy of the Dragonborn over the top of all that?

removing things from wabbajack lists is a recipe for disaster unless you know exactly what you're doing or the list author says it's okay. (adding things is a bit safer but can still quite easily result in catastrophe) if you're alright with vanilla+ gameplay changes like blunt and blade, then install septimus 3 which has lotd ready to go including AE. if not, use a visuals-only list like animonculory visual overhaul (SME might also work).

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

People using septimus, where does it store the Skyrim Skill Uncapper file, I want to look at it at possibly adjust some values.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Skwirl posted:

People using septimus, where does it store the Skyrim Skill Uncapper file, I want to look at it at possibly adjust some values.

you can find out where any given file is by looking through the data view in the right hand pane in mod organizer - it will show you what files are being loaded and what mod they belong to. right-clicking on it allows you to open it or open it in explorer (for something like the uncapper ini I'd make a duplicate and edit the copy.)

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Arivia posted:

you can find out where any given file is by looking through the data view in the right hand pane in mod organizer - it will show you what files are being loaded and what mod they belong to. right-clicking on it allows you to open it or open it in explorer (for something like the uncapper ini I'd make a duplicate and edit the copy.)

Yeah, I can find the uncapper folder, but I can't find the ini anywhere.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Skwirl posted:

Yeah, I can find the uncapper folder, but I can't find the ini anywhere.

This is why I said look in Data view, which shows you it's in the "Septimus - Uncapper Preset" mod.

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

Midnight Voyager posted:

Of course you aren't surprised about a thing that literally happened in January when it is currently August.

Well this is the first I’ve heard about it.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
So what happened with Immersive Armors? I remember playing with that mod a while back and thinking it was like, pretty top tier and lore accurate to boot. Apparently in the time between then and now it had gained a terrible reputation? Did the author milkshake duck or something, go crazy with power?

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Nah, it’s more that the mod is badly made and optimised, there’s better and more up to date options now.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Can you link some? I still haven't found anything that adds a large number or decent armours into the game, and adds them to the proper levelled lists.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Jesus, I search for top endorsed armor mods in Nexus and 90% of the first page is sexfuck armors. I shouldn't be surprised and yet

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Can you link some? I still haven't found anything that adds a large number or decent armours into the game, and adds them to the proper levelled lists.

Dammit, I knew you were going to ask me that lol, it's one area of the game I don't personally mod much and I just have a few craft only armour mods installed

However, there is an esp replacer for Immersive armours that cleans everything up but it makes them craft only https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/63950

NordwarUA's stuff is highly regarded https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/61423 as is 4thunknown's https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/users/49002333?tab=user+files so you could start there

Hopefully some other people will have suggestions for you too

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Common Clothes and Armors
Armor Variants Expansion
Hedge Mage Armor
Wayfarer's Coat
Heavy Legion
Guards Armor Replacer
Sons of Skyrim
Realistic Armor
Authentic Legion
Ulag's Legacy
Semper Fi
Open Face Guard Helmets
Cloaks of Skyrim
Keeping Warm
Bandolier - Bags and Pouches
Leather Mashup Collection

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

I will remove Immersive Armors from my load order when I'm dead. :colbert:

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Agents are GO! posted:

I will remove Immersive Armors from my load order when I'm dead. :colbert:

Well it’s a shame but okay :commissar:

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

toasterwarrior posted:

Jesus, I search for top endorsed armor mods in Nexus and 90% of the first page is sexfuck armors. I shouldn't be surprised and yet

Change your search filters so it doesn’t show you the horny mods

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

toasterwarrior posted:

if you click the filters button you can exclude everything tagged nudity, sexy, anime, etc.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I keep finding sexfuck armors, whether I search for boobhump armor, buttslap armor or even dickballs armor. It's shocking how bad this search system is.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Oh good idea, thank you lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

I dunno why all the modlists include the big zelda mod. The art isn't very good and it clashes horribly with everything else.

I've gone down the dark path of heavily customizing a modlist so now I'm trying to resolve dyndolod errors like an idiot.