Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Just Another Lurker posted:

Do they fully reset the Atlas Tree every three months or is that a rare event?

Never bothered with maps till couple months ago so i never needed to know. :kiddo:

It's only been in the game for two leagues. They changed a bunch of stuff around between its first and second leagues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Just Another Lurker posted:

Do they fully reset the Atlas Tree every three months or is that a rare event?

Never bothered with maps till couple months ago so i never needed to know. :kiddo:

Are you asking if you get to assign a new one or if the tree itself changes?

You get a new one every league, the tree will heavily change a lot less often.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Yeah, Atlas tree is one of those things that resets every league like crafting recipe unlocks.

I'm guessing you might get a full reset on Standard if they change the tree, but I wouldn't know because lol Standard.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
I was browsing poe.ninja for Lightning Golem ideas and what in the gently caress is going on here with this level 100 Ascendant...: https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/Martiancore/SerenityOfScience

This person has Lightning Golems, but with Replica Primordial Might, so they have 1 less golem, but those summoned within the last 8 seconds get 128% increased damage.

Then when each golem is summoned, it drinks her flasks (I assume 1 sip of all flasks at the same time is how that unique works) so they come in with full frenzy/power charges, extra projectiles, huge damage and regen.

Then Survival Secrets, because it sidesteps the 20% reduced effect penalty since the flasks aren't "on you", (although PoB seems to think the minions are penalized, maybe PoB is correct?) and I think the flasks regenerate 3 charges a second always, because they'd always show as inactive even if the minions are pulling charges from them? Is that how it works?

I tried to import them into PoB and apply all the conditionals and they're approaching 4 million shaper DPS, 1 million per Lightning Golem, not too shabby for pre-buff: https://pastebin.com/3vFz80Fx

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Speaking of lol standard can someone explain to me why I went through all my remove only tabs this morning for Tabulas/6Ls to vendor. Is my brain really that broken

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Zero VGS posted:

<nutty Lightning Golem build>

Yes, summoned minions drink all of your flasks at once with Mother's Embrace.

Also, stop tempting me into re-doing that Chains of Command Pathfinder build I dicked around with a few leagues ago kthxbye

Traitorous Leopard posted:

Speaking of lol standard can someone explain to me why I went through all my remove only tabs this morning for Tabulas/6Ls to vendor. Is my brain really that broken

Look at what thread you're posting in. There's your answer.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

whypick1 posted:

Yeah, Atlas tree is one of those things that resets every league like crafting recipe unlocks.

I'm guessing you might get a full reset on Standard if they change the tree, but I wouldn't know because lol Standard.

My apologies for not differentiating between League & Standard, i mostly play Standard (love the free reset of all my alts skill trees) and until recently never did maps. :blush:

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
new PoB doesn't seem to have updated Arctic Armor values :(

ZionestLord
Jan 9, 2010
Is divine ire a league start skill, i've never tried it but it looks fun

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
No. Standing still to channel is a death sentence and its numbers aren't good enough to justify trying to make it work.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

Insurrectionist posted:

new PoB doesn't seem to have updated Arctic Armor values :(

New gems and changes to existing gems are usually the last thing in PoB that gets updated. It might take another day or two.

Reading the PoB patch notes sure does make me grateful for the people that work on updating it every league.

search engine
Jun 16, 2020

Divine ire can still be used as a pretty good elementalist ignite skill by taking advantage of all the extra damage opportunities adding/converting damage from a phys base, it's just not overwhelmingly strong like it used to be compared to things that are mechanically much smoother and safer like explosive arrow totems or detonate dead. If you really wanted to use the skill, that'd still do ok.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Mentat Radnor posted:

New gems and changes to existing gems are usually the last thing in PoB that gets updated. It might take another day or two.

Yeah, full gem info needs to ggpk file to datamine, so post-release. I'm guessing the entire PoB executable would catch on fire if it had just level 20 gem info and you changed the level.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Mentat Radnor posted:

Gem changes are never added until after the patch releases because they do not have the data for all levels of the gem.

shimmy shimmy
Nov 13, 2020
Did anyone come up with a Trickster build they like for this league? Not really sure what to pair it, if anything

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

shimmy shimmy posted:

Did anyone come up with a Trickster build they like for this league? Not really sure what to pair it, if anything

Tenkiei posted a Shield Crush build that is interesting to me and I might do as a second build.

https://pobb.in/-S8m9TYGIcxB

(the pob is from before the update but you can just allocate the ascendancy nodes and clear the custom configs on the config tab and it's the same)

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Divine Ire totems could be OK, but there are plenty of better totem skills to use.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Like leap slam

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

xZAOx posted:

If you're just wondering "well what's the TLDR on them?":

Ritual
Kill mobs around the pillar. Activate it and you're stuck in a radius around it. Different pillars do different things. Monsters spawn. Kill them. Each monster you kill gives you points.
You'll get 3-4 pillars per map. You spend the points to buy stuff (ritual "vendor" is clicking the pillar once it's done, or a special UI button you can access anywhere on the map).
Bonus: you can get ritual splinters. 100 make a blood filled vessel. Click the vessel on a completed pillar, and now it has those monsters stored. You can then place it in the map device to "juice" its ritual altars (and you can't "capture" those pillars, so no infinite chaining)
Also! Ritual has a collection of special base items that have intriguing tradeoffs. A few of these are (or were) build defining: https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/Ritual_base_type

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
Listening to Slippery Jim's quarterly end of league podcast, it's pretty good this time around. Last one was a poo poo show, but flowers and palsteron were alright guests. If you want 5 hours of random poe talk about the league and stuff it's fun to have on in the background, especially if you want several hours of Jousis' sexy voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1t0-H90O6w

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

The Covenant is pretty crazy. You can do Poison Spark with it replacing ashes + alt qual as a chaos source (or doubling up if you get the budget).

Hamelekim posted:

Listening to Slippery Jim's quarterly end of league podcast, it's pretty good this time around. Last one was a poo poo show, but flowers and palsteron were alright guests. If you want 5 hours of random poe talk about the league and stuff it's fun to have on in the background, especially if you want several hours of Jousis' sexy voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1t0-H90O6w

Ventrua, Ben, Waggle, and Ruetoo also did a pretty good podcast. Not the most exciting/banter, but they all know what they are talking about. Focus was on boss rushes and HC. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lihwMSuLbI4

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

The Covenant is pretty crazy. You can do Poison Spark with it replacing ashes + alt qual as a chaos source (or doubling up if you get the budget).

Ventrua, Ben, Waggle, and Ruetoo also did a pretty good podcast. Not the most exciting/banter, but they all know what they are talking about. Focus was on boss rushes and HC. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lihwMSuLbI4

I do like the all the new podcasts even if they are only short term things. It's nice to get POE discussion from other people besides the one or two long term POE podcasts.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
I saw how GGG said that they took on hosting for poewiki.net and are recommending the community do whatever is possible to get the lovely original wiki lowered in search engine rankings (which is kinda funny for them to officially say "hey, gently caress this competitor" even if the Fandom wiki does blow) but in any event it's still coming up on top for many results. Is there some kinda plugin available on multiple browsers that can block those results from appearing? My muscle memory naturally keeps sending me to the outdated Fandom pages and it's getting obnoxious.

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

xdd CATW Great pobcast GIGACAT

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Zero VGS posted:

I saw how GGG said that they took on hosting for poewiki.net and are recommending the community do whatever is possible to get the lovely original wiki lowered in search engine rankings (which is kinda funny for them to officially say "hey, gently caress this competitor" even if the Fandom wiki does blow) but in any event it's still coming up on top for many results. Is there some kinda plugin available on multiple browsers that can block those results from appearing? My muscle memory naturally keeps sending me to the outdated Fandom pages and it's getting obnoxious.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/poe-wiki-search/nalpbalegehinpooppmmgjidgiebblad

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Zero VGS posted:

There is a browser extension for Chrome/Firefox that will automatically redirect you to the new wiki if you click a link to the fandom wiki:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/ph3xop/project_poe_wiki_search_a_browser_extension_so/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Hamelekim posted:

I do like the all the new podcasts even if they are only short term things. It's nice to get POE discussion from other people besides the one or two long term POE podcasts.

Anything that doesn’t have tarke or raiz is instantly better

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Another thing you can do, that I have done, is set up a search alias thing in your address bar so whenever I type in 'poe *whatever*' it just searches poewiki for that

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

shimmy shimmy posted:

Crouching Tuna also made a shield crush build, but cold conversion rather than phys impale which is how Tenkiei went.

It's on Ruetoo's spreadsheet here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1z3Eo5DSb22o5-d-Qiomo20bNZpnYaR7Z_siDMSY9q0c/edit#gid=0

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
Man, I wish they would put out non-league changes and new gems like a week early. I need to get my grubby little hands on some of these changes to figure out what I want to do. I mean I guess there's no rush when the league opens, but still would be nice.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
I think their aggressive dev schedule prohibits that. In reality it'd just be them delaying the league by a week.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
This is another nice QOL change. They really need to be putting out QOL changes every league from now on.

https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/1559295032481689600

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
first real character ever, great guide in the op, but what do I do with essences? do I just burn them? I just had an essence of woe drop. I figure I would wait for a decent combo of sockets and burn it on that, but should I wait to be a particular level? I'm about 23.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

sephiRoth IRA posted:

first real character ever, great guide in the op, but what do I do with essences? do I just burn them? I just had an essence of woe drop. I figure I would wait for a decent combo of sockets and burn it on that, but should I wait to be a particular level? I'm about 23.

I'd use them to upgrade gear as you level. Anything normal rarity will be compatible with the lower tier essences.

Later on you want to upgrade essences to one of the last three levels and then use them for crafting or sell in bulk. A lot of times you can get good gear without having to trade for it when you are in white and yellow map content.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

graynull posted:

Man, I wish they would put out non-league changes and new gems like a week early. I need to get my grubby little hands on some of these changes to figure out what I want to do. I mean I guess there's no rush when the league opens, but still would be nice.

they did put out the gems a week early

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
It's a wiki. It's publicly editable. Can't it just be deleted or made to point to the good one?

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009

Hamelekim posted:

This is another nice QOL change. They really need to be putting out QOL changes every league from now on.

You know what QoL change I want? I know the trade 'friction' poo poo has been argued to death (so let's not do it again here), but I find it absolutely mind-boggling that their own official trade site displays things like 'listed in tab X (left Y top Z)', but then we only have the copy-pasted view of that ingame with no way to interact with it. Like, at the very least have the game client parse that poo poo (or send some sort of metadata or something), so that we can click on the trade message and it will open that stash tab with the item highlighted. It's kinda dumb that we'd have to count 18 from the left and then 24 from the top just to make sure we're giving the buyer the correct item.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

facepalmolive posted:

You know what QoL change I want? I know the trade 'friction' poo poo has been argued to death (so let's not do it again here), but I find it absolutely mind-boggling that their own official trade site displays things like 'listed in tab X (left Y top Z)', but then we only have the copy-pasted view of that ingame with no way to interact with it. Like, at the very least have the game client parse that poo poo (or send some sort of metadata or something), so that we can click on the trade message and it will open that stash tab with the item highlighted. It's kinda dumb that we'd have to count 18 from the left and then 24 from the top just to make sure we're giving the buyer the correct item.

or you just search the tab for the name of the item and not have to count individual squares

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Aye Doc posted:

or you just search the tab for the name of the item and not have to count individual squares

and if it's multiple uniques with the same name, they're probably priced differently, and if they aren't, I just put them in like corners and such

e: to be clear, a QoL update to trade that did help with that would be GOOD but it's not like a crazy oppressive problem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

facepalmolive posted:

They don't even do the courtesy of numbering the grid for you lol. Like how loving easy would it be to put A-Z/1-whatever coordinates on the tab grids.

Aye Doc posted:

I have had more than one instance of two rares in my tab having identical names, let alone identical uniques.