Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
two full pages of

Jerk detected! This user is on your ignore list, click to view post anyway

is this loss?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
forget about all the based food youre having right now, the future is gonna be about cringe contaminated rations, and well kill each other over them. i already have some blades prepared for the inevitable

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
oh hey, a lot of new posts, wonder if a new article got posted or someone else had a melt down.

Meltdown Monday is in effect.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Egg Moron posted:

I'll know things are bad when I don't have to go to work anymore

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

The works of the roots of the vines, of the trees, must be destroyed to keep up the cringe, and this is the saddest, cringiest thing of all. Carloads of oranges dumped on the ground. The people came for miles to take the fruit, but this could not be. How would they buy oranges at twenty cents a dozen if they could drive out and pick them up? And men with hoses squirt cringe on the oranges, and they are angry at the cringe, angry at the people who have come to take the fruit. A million people hungry, needing the fruit—and cringe sprayed over the golden mountains.

And the smell of cringe fills the country.

Burn coffee for fuel in the ships. Burn corn to keep warm, it makes a hot fire. Dump potatoes in the rivers and place guards along the banks to keep the hungry people from fishing them out. Slaughter the pigs and bury them, and let the cringe drip down into the earth.
There is a cringe here that goes beyond denunciation. There is a cringe here that weeping cannot symbolize. There is a cringe here that topples all our success.

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
things aren't that bad until arfjason runs out of cringe

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
The sudden silence is unnerving.

Confusedslight has issued a correction as of 00:50 on Aug 16, 2022

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Remember how your threads used to covered in ArfJason posts after just a few hours? Now we’re lucky to see a few posts smeared across the thread after an entire day.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

silicone thrills posted:

oh hey, a lot of new posts, wonder if a new article got posted or someone else had a melt down.

Thought something was wrong with the forums for a sec when I saw this lol

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

kingdom hearts 2

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
This cringe thing sounds pretty bad, someone should do something about it.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

We should have all the countries promise to stop cringing so much by some future date

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

The Collapse of Cringe Societies by Joseph A. Taint.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

the Cringe Clock is 50 seconds to midnight

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

By the pricking of my thumb, something cringy this way comes.

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

I apologize! I think I might have set Arf off with some of my posts in the feedback thread. it's nice that people are basically no longer bothered by it, especially when he's trying so hard to get your attention, lol.

also a lol moment: only like 3 of you reported any of his 40ish posts. CSPAM truly refuses to narc

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
50 Shades of Cringe - A sexual awakening by ArfJason

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

i enjoyed the cringeburst tbh.

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

another step closer to triggering the methane cringrate gun ...

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

NeatHeteroDude posted:

I apologize! I think I might have set Arf off with some of my posts in the feedback thread. it's nice that people are basically no longer bothered by it, especially when he's trying so hard to get your attention, lol.

also a lol moment: only like 3 of you reported any of his 40ish posts. CSPAM truly refuses to narc

bystander effect

also lol it's ArfJason, he'll just be back

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
gotta let the little guy tucker himself out so he takes a good nap later

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Admitting to using the ignore list is pretty cringe

Bohemian Grover
Aug 6, 2022

by Azathoth

NeatHeteroDude posted:

post the 3 so they may be ....re-educated

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

exactly

I am here to read posts

my mental health is not happy with me--that's okay, I'll still keep reading that garbage.

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

silicone thrills posted:

I was having a pretty normal day and then bam! I was reminded of just how much cringe can be posted in the internet.

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

My monitor is on

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Bohemian Grover posted:

post the 3 so they may be ....re-educated

I wish I could... so they could be given a medal! And made into ADMINS (this is a joke)

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

RandomBlue posted:

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

NeatHeteroDude posted:

his posts help smooth out the few remaining wrinkles in my plasticized brain

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

RandomBlue posted:

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Laterite posted:

lmao that we originally invented plastic to stave off ivory depletion

History and Future of Plastics

"The first synthetic polymer was invented in 1869 by John Wesley Hyatt, who was inspired by a New York firm’s offer of $10,000 for anyone who could provide a substitute for ivory. The growing popularity of billiards had put a strain on the supply of natural ivory, obtained through the slaughter of wild elephants. By treating cellulose, derived from cotton fiber, with camphor, Hyatt discovered a plastic that could be crafted into a variety of shapes and made to imitate natural substances like tortoiseshell, horn, linen, and ivory."

"This discovery was revolutionary. For the first time human manufacturing was not constrained by the limits of nature. Nature only supplied so much wood, metal, stone, bone, tusk, and horn. But now humans could create new materials. This development helped not only people but also the environment. Advertisements praised celluloid as the savior of the elephant and the tortoise. Plastics could protect the natural world from the destructive forces of human need."

quote:

Plastics could protect the natural world from the destructive forces of human need

thread title

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

I’m quitting the forums tomorrow (I’ll come back if another 9/11 all new truly horrible covid type event returns, maybe) but I just want to say, thanks thread. you helped crack ping me. hug your loved ones, smoke some weed, and enjoy how good it is.

because it’s not bad, yet.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

LionArcher posted:

I’m quitting the forums tomorrow (I’ll come back if another 9/11 all new truly horrible covid type event returns, maybe) but I just want to say, thanks thread. you helped crack ping me. hug your loved ones, smoke some weed, and enjoy how good it is.

godspeed and may u find calm in these troubling times

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

LionArcher posted:

:rip: :cheers:

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

RandomBlue posted:

I'm a little jealous to be honest

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

LionArcher posted:

Have you talked about this with your doctor and worked out a tapering plan?

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

hitting the report button is shameful

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Cold on a Cob posted:

thread title

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

LionArcher posted:

Make sure you have your mad max vehicle designs ready when the food riots and water wars begin

Goonspeed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

LionArcher posted:

See you on the flipside, hashtag be safe