Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Cinara posted:

I want the ability to price a whole tab without renaming the tab.

Papercut posted:

This also, I hate how long the tab names get when you set a fixed price

this used to piss me off too but now i just use the vertical tabs. is kinda annoying you can't right click tabs on that though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Would love some ideas for how to use a spare gem socket in my full-phys flicker slayer build. Got Molten Shell + duration + lifetap in there atm. Golem+Enduring Cry in CWDT, Totems, Auras and Flicker are my other skill groups.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
portal gem :v:

real answer, probably a long-range movement skill, especially since you already have lifetap in it

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Hmmm, might be a good idea but I have a decent amount of move% and won't have space for faster attacks on leap slam for example...I guess just a gap-jumper is pretty nice if there are no enemies on the other side

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hamelekim posted:

Tuesday I believe, the 16th, so today….

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xf4DZhKcFEU

I'm trying, how many hours left.

Figure I'm gonna try to get Endgame Grind instead.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Insurrectionist posted:

Would love some ideas for how to use a spare gem socket in my full-phys flicker slayer build. Got Molten Shell + duration + lifetap in there atm. Golem+Enduring Cry in CWDT, Totems, Auras and Flicker are my other skill groups.

Enduring cry won't cwdt, in case you intend it to rather than just having it slotted there. Moving that to the molten shell link for increased duration and lifetap and adding enfeeble to your cwdt is a great option if you have no other curse. Other possibly useful cwdt options include the following: temporal chains if you don't like enfeeble; vulnerability if you want an offensive curse; frost wall can be hilarious with flicker to block enemy movement; void sphere for hinder and corpse disposal; vortex for chill, or creeping frost, or cold snap maybe; withering step for elusive and phasing; purifying flame for consecrated ground; or portal because you're gonna die a lot. There's others but these are the ones that came to mind for me.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Elentor posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xf4DZhKcFEU

I'm trying, how many hours left.

Figure I'm gonna try to get Endgame Grind instead.

3PM PDT, so 10.5 hours from now.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

pork never goes bad posted:

Enduring cry won't cwdt, in case you intend it to rather than just having it slotted there. Moving that to the molten shell link for increased duration and lifetap and adding enfeeble to your cwdt is a great option if you have no other curse. Other possibly useful cwdt options include the following: temporal chains if you don't like enfeeble; vulnerability if you want an offensive curse; frost wall can be hilarious with flicker to block enemy movement; void sphere for hinder and corpse disposal; vortex for chill, or creeping frost, or cold snap maybe; withering step for elusive and phasing; purifying flame for consecrated ground; or portal because you're gonna die a lot. There's others but these are the ones that came to mind for me.

Yeah I vaguely remembered it wouldn't, but since I want to hardcast my guard skill to keep uptime high I dunno what else to use CWDT for, so I just threw Enduring Cry and an Increased Duration in there with my Golem. I guess it makes more sense to replace it with a curse and some other defensive utility and move the Cry to my non-CWDT link.

E: Actually I forgot I added a reservation efficiency + herald to my setup leaving me at 100% mana reserved so I kinda have to move Cry into lifetap so i can cast it...I had 10% unreserved previously

I'm running Kitava's Feast for leaguestart to do corpse disposal, so I might try try Withering Step or Frost Wall with Enfeeble

E2: Hmmm, Step losing all bonuses on next skill use seems a bit poo poo, and I only have 90 int in my setup so all the Int gems seem a bit rough. Might try Purifying Flame + Chains.

Insurrectionist fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Aug 16, 2022

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

I really want to do an ES trickster with all the new leech stuff, using lightning conduit.

I dunno if it would be any good and this is only my third(?) league and I absolutely do not have the knowledge to do this. But I want to.

Probably should just go with some other trickster build as a starter until someone figures it out for me :v:

mynnna fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Aug 16, 2022

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Insurrectionist posted:

Yeah I vaguely remembered it wouldn't, but since I want to hardcast my guard skill to keep uptime high I dunno what else to use CWDT for, so I just threw Enduring Cry and an Increased Duration in there with my Golem. I guess it makes more sense to replace it with a curse and some other defensive utility and move the Cry to my non-CWDT link.

E: Actually I forgot I added a reservation efficiency + herald to my setup leaving me at 100% mana reserved so I kinda have to move Cry into lifetap so i can cast it...I had 10% unreserved previously

I'm running Kitava's Feast for leaguestart to do corpse disposal, so I might try try Withering Step or Frost Wall with Enfeeble

E2: Hmmm, Step losing all bonuses on next skill use seems a bit poo poo, and I only have 90 int in my setup so all the Int gems seem a bit rough. Might try Purifying Flame + Chains.

Cwdt and other triggers also use mana now, so you may need to lifetap that too. Withering step phasing is removed by skill use, but the elusive will decay over a short time giving you a large chunk of chance to avoid hits and movespeed. It's only the phasing which drops off. You might be better off with a low-mid level enfeeble or temp chains, though.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Cwdt and other triggers also use mana now, so you may need to lifetap that too. Withering step phasing is removed by skill use, but the elusive will decay over a short time giving you a large chunk of chance to avoid hits and movespeed. It's only the phasing which drops off. You might be better off with a low-mid level enfeeble or temp chains, though.

Ah, I see. Wonder if I should remove the golem for Lifetap then, I feel like it might just die a lot and if it does that 9% AS is just worse than the alternatives...

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It's only the phasing which drops off.

That's not true, every buff effect is removed when you take an action.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sure I'll take it

Better late than never. God this was a painful set of 38 challenges to get.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Are you sure? If so, sorry for the bad info!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The gem says "Using a skill or losing the Elusive buff ends this skill's effects." If it was just the phasing I think it would specify that.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Elentor posted:

Better late than never. God this was a painful set of 38 challenges to get.

Congratulations on your freedom...

...of 3 days

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
It does end the elusive, which is to its advantage for nightblade builds since it allows you keep resetting the elusive effect around halfway through its duration so you don't have to wait for it to tick down to 0 every time

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Speaking of being ready for the league:

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

whypick1 posted:

Congratulations on your freedom...

...of 3 days

I'm probably skipping the Kalandra league. I only did this to wrap things up since it seemed realistic, took 5 hours and 16 minutes to go from Depth 431 to 600 and the remaining endgame grinds requirements were fulfilled in-between doing maps for Sulphite. I wanted to finish the league with a proper nice set of 38 and have the full armor set and wrap up since due to time constraints, work etc I don't see myself going for a crazy challenge completion like this anytime soon.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

whypick1 posted:

Nice

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
So just how useful will that mini transcendence node for juggernaut be, anyway?

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
My links for an int stacking flicker:

Vaal clarity, ancestral protector, ancesetral warchief, multitotem
Flicker stuff
Defiance banner, hydrosphere (rip), tempest shield
Whirling blades, reckoning, rage, cull
Discipline determination grace enlighten
VMS, punishment, cwdt

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Elentor posted:

I'm probably skipping the Kalandra league. I only did this to wrap things up since it seemed realistic, took 5 hours and 16 minutes to go from Depth 431 to 600 and the remaining endgame grinds requirements were fulfilled in-between doing maps for Sulphite. I wanted to finish the league with a proper nice set of 38 and have the full armor set and wrap up since due to time constraints, work etc I don't see myself going for a crazy challenge completion like this anytime soon.

If you're skipping the league and won't need to design your own build this league I'll slide you some paypal dollars to design this awful CI Flicker Strike Trickster idea I'm going to run.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.

Vincent Valentine posted:

If you're skipping the league and won't need to design your own build this league I'll slide you some paypal dollars to design this awful CI Flicker Strike Trickster idea I'm going to run.

Sounds just like an int stacking flicker build to me.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

whypick1 posted:

same:

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Man I haven't done chaos recipe in several leagues but with exalts getting dumpstered and divines shooting up I may do it again just to have enough currency to buy stuff early on.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Wasn't there some kind of chaos recipe overlay that updated your filter to tell you exactly which rares to pick up in real-time, so you already got exact sets without having to think about it?

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Is tornado shot league starter viable or will it hit a big gear check?

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Zero VGS posted:

Wasn't there some kind of chaos recipe overlay that updated your filter to tell you exactly which rares to pick up in real-time, so you already got exact sets without having to think about it?

I'm guessing it's this

MerrMan
Aug 3, 2003

whypick1 posted:

I'm guessing it's this

I actually used this quite a bit last league and found it to be reallyyyyy helpful very early when Chaos are worth more. The filter updating to highlight what you need makes it idiot proof, and then it tells you where to click to collect your stack of chaos every few maps. I'm definitely going to use it again this league since currency prices are gonna be volatile. I'm not falling for the reddit doom-saying of 3c Exalts and 500c divines but it's going to be different for sure.

Tai posted:

Is tornado shot league starter viable or will it hit a big gear check?

I don't think there's a reasonable way to play TS as a league starter. Even the juiced builds tend to just be focused mappers and poo poo bossers which you can't really do as your first build anyway.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
A new POE site has launched with a bunch of streamers providing content. Not sure if it will be good, but it seems like they give a crap so hopefully it will be good.

Edit: The site is pretty slick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSXPMbVauvU

Hamelekim fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Aug 16, 2022

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Hamelekim posted:

A new POE site has launched with a bunch of streamers providing content. Not sure if it will be good, but it seems like they give a crap so hopefully it will be good.

Edit: The site is pretty slick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSXPMbVauvU

Here's the site

https://poe.maxroll.gg/

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Filthy Monkey posted:

Eh, gently caress it, lets go for the new skill lightning package. Starting with a new skill is typically a mistake, but I am bored of existing stuff.

I think I am going to go elementalist for the easy guaranteed shock. Inquisitor might be better once you are geared, but ... starter build and all.

For those who don't know, the 15% guaranteed shock from shaper of storms can be scaled by ailment effectiveness. Meaning that you can inflict big shocks on high hp enemies even if your hit is small. I did a little testing, and if you pick up breath of lightning, static blows, the ailment effect small node near divine judgement, and increased-effect of non-damaging ailments elemental mastery, a level 1 storm brand with unbound ailments will shock for 57%. It isn't quite the 65% cap, but this is with zero gear. Getting to the cap should be very doable with only some minor gearing.
If you end up throwing together a PoB at some point I'd love to see it. No pressure though.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Drakyn posted:

If you end up throwing together a PoB at some point I'd love to see it. No pressure though.

ds_lily made a solid looking build and the numbers on LC have gone up since then https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqjXYf2ZTlo

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Arzachel posted:

ds_lily made a solid looking build and the numbers on LC have gone up since then https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqjXYf2ZTlo
Thanks. Being even more indecisive and poorly-planned than usual this league.

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009

Filthy Monkey posted:

Eh, gently caress it, lets go for the new skill lightning package. Starting with a new skill is typically a mistake, but I am bored of existing stuff.

I think I am going to go elementalist for the easy guaranteed shock. Inquisitor might be better once you are geared, but ... starter build and all.

For those who don't know, the 15% guaranteed shock from shaper of storms can be scaled by ailment effectiveness. Meaning that you can inflict big shocks on high hp enemies even if your hit is small. I did a little testing, and if you pick up breath of lightning, static blows, the ailment effect small node near divine judgement, and increased-effect of non-damaging ailments elemental mastery, a level 1 storm brand with unbound ailments will shock for 57%. It isn't quite the 65% cap, but this is with zero gear. Getting to the cap should be very doable with only some minor gearing.
as an aside with this amount of generic ailment effect any elementalist build should also pick up the chill ascendancy since you're just about guaranteed to hit max chill effect which is a big defensive boost.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
I don't understand why the price of exalts would change at all or that they would no longer be the default currency? The only thing that changed is divine rarity. Why would this change exalts being defacto currency along with chaos?

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

poemdexter posted:

I don't understand why the price of exalts would change at all or that they would no longer be the default currency? The only thing that changed is divine rarity. Why would this change exalts being defacto currency along with chaos?

They changed a bunch of crafting recipes to use Divine instead of Exalts. So because Exalts leave the economy slower, their value will go down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

poemdexter posted:

They changed the high end crafting recipes to use divines instead of exalts