Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Leperflesh posted:

Today I am thinking about how much of a giant pain in the rear end it is to find and hire a contractor for home renovations and repairs, especially for small jobs, who is actually good and charges a reasonable fee and shows up to do the job and actually finishes the job. Feels like some silicon valley UBER/Airbnb/Grindr disrupter type co could apply the principles of cloud, crowdfunding, gacha games, online dating, and blockchain to just explode this stupid industry wide open and/or violate lots of local laws and waste billions in VC money. Maybe both.

This post made me google TaskRabbit because I knew it existed and was somewhat along these lines, and also I wondered what it's status was (private, public, etc). Turns out IKEA acquired the company in 2017. Technically they match "freelance labor" for "everyday tasks, including furniture assembly...handyman work", so it's not quite to the level of permitted home renovations/repairs/remodels which is of course what you're talking about.

I think you are right that at some point this app will be tried and it will definitely violate a bunch of local laws. But maybe every VC will think "do I want to gently caress with building permits and inspections", and while the answer should be no, get ready for BLDR™.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

My sister was doing a lot of gig work, driving for Lyft and doing Taskrabbit stuff, and a couple years ago apparently it absolutely went to poo poo for the workers. I didn't get details. But yeah that was/is for like, handyman stuff, couriers, personal shoppers, small time stuff?

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Space Fish posted:

Monday after hours, my fingers can either finally come uncrossed or endure another three months of cramping.

my hope is that given the run up from $0.25 to $0.35 someone knows something good that we don't

SavageGentleman
Feb 28, 2010

When she finds love may it always stay true.
This I beg for the second wish I made too.

Fallen Rib
I guess my pandemic brain is still to dumb to get it, what is $goon and what kind of trainwreck is it connected to?

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

NDRA, which everyone ITT was buying at around $2

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

BlackMK4 posted:

I think that is what Angie's List (now Angi) was trying to achieve

https://www.angi.com/

Yeah but then they tried to ramp up revenue and just started selling leads to shady contractors, god bless America.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

SavageGentleman posted:

I guess my pandemic brain is still to dumb to get it, what is $goon and what kind of trainwreck is it connected to?

At some point goons in this thread controlled something absurd like $200k+ worth of NDRA stock. Of course it's plunged 75% since then. We are all waiting for the day the FDA approves their ultrasound device, which should trigger a spike... or maybe it will never be approved or they'll run out of money first and die. Well, when I say "we all" I mean the bagholders, I'm sure a fair number of goons cut their losses a while ago.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Leperflesh posted:

At some point goons in this thread controlled something absurd like $200k+ worth of NDRA stock. Of course it's plunged 75% since then. We are all waiting for the day the FDA approves their ultrasound device, which should trigger a spike... or maybe it will never be approved or they'll run out of money first and die. Well, when I say "we all" I mean the bagholders, I'm sure a fair number of goons cut their losses a while ago.

I swung the same shares 2.2-2.4 range for like a solid month. Dropped out when it fell below 1.9. Did the same thing with ITRM a few months later but was unfortunately holding a few hundred shares when FDA gave them notice of disapproval and it collapsed.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i bought some at 2.2, sold at 2.4, and now i have 12,170 shares purchased @ $0.23 currently worth $0.35.

I could sell for a profit, but I really hope for that good news to get a big win on it

SavageGentleman
Feb 28, 2010

When she finds love may it always stay true.
This I beg for the second wish I made too.

Fallen Rib
Goons can invest with profit?????!

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Past results do not guarantee future performance

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Past $goon result was decimation, so... time to be brave now that others are fearful?

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

I’m still holding my $GOON at a $2.14 cost basis.

Other past thread darling (that also collapsed) AHT is beginning to dig itself out of the doldrums

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer
Yeah I'm HODL on $GOON too. It's too late to jump ship and take any appreciable amount from it (I wasn't in deep regardless), so I'm just waiting to see if it does anything at this point. If by the deadline for claiming a loss next tax season it's still flopping, I may exit then and write off a couple hundred on my taxes.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I too am an idiot holding with a >$2 cost basis

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
My $GOON cost basis is now $1.13 because I bought more the whole way down from $2.00

I'm either gonna lose it all or buy a jetski.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

The Anime Liker posted:

Stock trading thread: I'm gonna lose a jetski.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
Pretty sure $GOON is coming up on the reverse split deadline very soon

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

cirus posted:

Pretty sure $GOON is coming up on the reverse split deadline very soon

Good they can issue more shares

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

I'm looking for an API for real-time stock data, preferably one that doesn't cost $$$ a month. I've mastered intro-level ML, you see. It's time to make billions.

The info I've found so far is out of date (rip Yahoo Finance), contradictory, or ad-like.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Robinhood supposedly has an API and there's a couple python libraries. You'll need an account, not sure if there's any kind of minimum account balance needed to use it, I don't think so

Google sheets might have ticker price support

Baddog
May 12, 2001
Looks like NDRA is reporting after close today, and no reason to believe that there will be anything except a huge sucking sound. Maybe announce selling more shares to raise capital to keep extending the runway for the mouse-sous-vide technology. Or an inverse split to stay listed.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

wondering if i should unload and rebuy then or hold through earnings

it would be lol to be one of the few people making money on NDRA tho

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Gonna buy 100 shares after the price plummets further

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I have 1075 shares of NDRA at an average cost basis of $1.5692. So I'm down $1300.76 and could recover $386 of cash if I sold it all right now. I'm a bagholder until/unless I want to write down the loss or it comes up enough to be worth recovering the cash for some other purpose.
I've seriously considered putting another thousand into it while it's in the pennies range, just to get my cost basis way down: but I've always argued NDRA is a very very risky position and I don't feel comfortable tying up over $2k of investment into it. There's probably better options for my next purchase.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Yeah, I'm up almost $1400 on my $2800 investment. I think i'm gonna sell before close here in a bit and rebuy after the earnings call makes a sad trombone sound.

We don't have any reason to expect a miraculous pop or announcement, do we?

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Leperflesh posted:

There's probably better options for my next purchase.

Another day, another BBBY pop.

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe

Deviant posted:

Yeah, I'm up almost $1400 on my $2800 investment. I think i'm gonna sell before close here in a bit and rebuy after the earnings call makes a sad trombone sound.

If you want to gamble, pull out your $2800 initial "investment" and let the rest ride through earnings

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

4/20 NEVER FORGET posted:

If you want to gamble, pull out your $2800 initial "investment" and let the rest ride through earnings

Not the worst idea. That also just happens to be 7777 shares, speaking of gambling.

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?
NDRA is likely much more of a long game stock than the hype last year tried to make it out to be. I don’t mind bag holding it for now as I don’t have any reason to sell (not in profit). I guess either it tanks and goes bankrupt, or it’ll get far enough to get absorbed into some corporation (hopefully).

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Deviant posted:

after the earnings call makes a sad trombone sound.

No

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Think i agree with all the above. Took my money back and am letting house cash ride. 4000 shares is still no slouch if it does happen to pop off.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Paging NDRA to table 13

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
You're all fools. I'm about to be very rich.

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe
Y'all are cute gambling on garbage biotechs, I love it. Godspeed fellow goons

Baddog
May 12, 2001
Looks like they have 3 quarters of runway and went to 2 trade shows. Getting a little grim.

They did get quite a few new patents (cloud connected medical devices?). I dunno how that is going to play out (shift to patent trolling?).

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Price is flat, I think we are the only people on the planet who don't work there, that still care about their performance

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Their runway (based on current cash and cashflow, ~3 quarters) can presumably be extended since they have pre-authorized additional dilution. Their financial report states that they are performing clinical studies to support the de novo application, which they plan to file Q3 which is interesting in that I think most of us believed they had already re-filed under de novo with the FDA.

This means no announcement of approval was ever possible nor will it be until some time after that Q3 submission.

quote:

-Installed TAEUS system at a fourth clinical evaluation site, in the U.S. Year-to-date, more than 50 TAEUS scans have been performed on study participants, a 25% increase from May 2022, and ENDRA remains on track for at least 200 patients to be scanned by year end. These clinical evaluation sites are being used to generate data to support the commercialization of the TAEUS system, and a subset of the data will be used to support ENDRA's submission of its De Novo request.

-Targeting submission in the third quarter of De Novo request with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). ENDRA is pursuing the De Novo pathway for its TAEUS liver device, which is intended to characterize fatty liver tissue as a non-invasive means to assess and monitor Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (NAFLD). The De Novo pathway will build upon ENDRA's previous 510(k) application and provides ENDRA with the opportunity to set the bar for an entirely new product classification, which should yield important and sustainable commercial advantages for the novel TAEUS platform. The De Novo request will include a subset of the TAEUS human study data from ENDRA's ongoing clinical studies, representing saved costs to ENDRA.

The patents probably improve the technology moat should their devices actually start selling commercially, and make the company more valuable for a potential acquisition.

e. Based on the clarity that de novo application still hasn't even been made, I expect the stock to decline again for the next quarter. Why hold when you can probably sell, wait a couple months, and pick up your position about where you left it?

drk
Jan 16, 2005
need more chat on this kinda investment

https://twitter.com/macrocephalopod/status/1559247724591071238

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
Ok BBBY, it's showtime, betting on black and up 30% today.