Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Neurolimal posted:

i'm of a "I'll believe it when I see it" opinion when it comes to China's economy suddenly imploding. It feels like there's 2+ years of predicting that real estate would burst so far.

ive been seeing that prediction for 12 years already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

china's economy has been on the verge of collapse according to western newspapers since the USSR broke up. one non-government real estate developer going bankrupt doesn't have the same structural risk in china as in the west because china's entire economy isn't a massive financial scheme based around banks trading real estate debt to other banks

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer
I've been reading about the imminent collapse of China since all those stories about ghost cities in the middle of nowhere for fake economic activity, which goes back to at least 2006. The day I learned you can just look up what the CPC has to say about them was an eye opener

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Is this guy saying bush did 9/11. Lol

GlassEye-Boy
Jul 12, 2001
lol Gordon Chang, China would be collapsing if it weren't for its strong economy and good governance!

https://twitter.com/GordonGChang/status/1559152226832097282

fatelvis
Mar 21, 2010

In Training posted:

More that america's batshit foreign policy/blowing people up for the last however many years caused 9/11.

edit: thats how i'd interpret it anyway

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

Tankbuster posted:

The PRC in the 80s was aligned with the west for a decade by the time tianmen happened.
Just to be clear, I'm fully aware of this. That doesn't change how the fall of communism in Eastern Europe must have been really alarming in Beijing.

Also, it's pretty clear that Washington and Beijing, especially after the USSR started diminishing, were looking for ways to frustrate each other even though many of their economic interests remain converged at that point.

caelxii
Jun 20, 2003

GlassEye-Boy posted:

lol Gordon Chang, China would be collapsing if it weren't for its strong economy and good governance!

https://twitter.com/GordonGChang/status/1559152226832097282

This just in: The. Chinese economy would be collapsing if not for its robust trade network and component government.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

i think he is just saying that america does terrorism (correct) and illustrating this with the most famous example of terrorism

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

I mean the USA did sorta have a lot to do with the creation of OBL and you don't have to listen to any conspiracy theories to assign a decent bit of culpability to the USA just based on that

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

the bitcoin of weed posted:

i think he is just saying that america does terrorism (correct) and illustrating this with the most famous example of terrorism
or he's alluding to the Bush did 9/11 meme and that's funny as hell

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Marzzle posted:

I mean the USA did sorta have a lot to do with the creation of OBL and you don't have to listen to any conspiracy theories to assign a decent bit of culpability to the USA just based on that

This is still largely dismissed as crank poo poo in my experience even though it's empirically true and now part of a decades-long public record.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Echo Chamber posted:

or he's alluding to the Bush did 9/11 meme and that's funny as hell

In Training posted:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

In Training posted:

I think what he's saying is "American foreign policy always causes blowback, such as 9/11"

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

crepeface posted:

what if we have a green military tho

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Im dreaming in my heart: a state sponsored shitposter exam.

Q78. Who did 9/11
A) Afghanistan
B) Iraq
C) Bush
D) all of the above

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Neurolimal posted:

i'm of a "I'll believe it when I see it" opinion when it comes to China's economy suddenly imploding. It feels like there's 2+ years of predicting that real estate would burst so far.

personally i hope china's real estate prices burst

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
the Chinese should do what america did and let millions of their citizens die needlessly

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

In Training posted:

My interpretation was "You know how Americans considered it an outrageous crime against humanity when terrorists killed 3,000 people? That's also how foreign countries feel when you butcher their civilians and turn their cities to rubble". Some Americans may consider their invasions "a mistake" or "a waste" but most would not consider them genocide, terrorism, or mass-murder no matter how many civilians they kill.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

one of the best bush did 9/11s ever.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

we can't even compete on twitter anymore, time to surrender

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

the bitcoin of weed posted:

china's economy has been on the verge of collapse according to western newspapers since the USSR broke up. one non-government real estate developer going bankrupt doesn't have the same structural risk in china as in the west because china's entire economy isn't a massive financial scheme based around banks trading real estate debt to other banks

Ghost city is a crowd pleaser.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1TYn0Y1v3g

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Echo Chamber posted:

Just to be clear, I'm fully aware of this. That doesn't change how the fall of communism in Eastern Europe must have been really alarming in Beijing.

Also, it's pretty clear that Washington and Beijing, especially after the USSR started diminishing, were looking for ways to frustrate each other even though many of their economic interests remain converged at that point.

Gorbachev tried his best to destroy global communism. he even visited Tiananmen Square during the 89 protests lmao

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

In Training posted:

This is still largely dismissed as crank poo poo in my experience even though it's empirically true and now part of a decades-long public record.

almost as if the craziest poo poo like "literal bombs planted by the CIA going off in WTC" gets perpetuated to cast doubt on the verifiable stuff so the USA gets to keep being pals with SA while the saudi family that actually did the whole thing remains best buds with the bush family. oh well. time to drink a big glass of water while I generate a pie chart of "US media concern over iranian nuclear program" vs "US media concern over saudi nuclear program"...

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Al-Saqr posted:

the Chinese should do what america did and let millions of their citizens die needlessly

early 2020 "China secretly has had millions of deaths and their government is covering it up"

early 2022 "America has had a million deaths? where did you hear that? the government said covid is over"

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Google 9/11 put options

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
American military presence in the middle east was Bin Ladin's main reason of waging a war on the symbol of American capital, Twin Towers.

It started the chain reaction of US investing heavily into fracking > switched from biggest oil importer to exporter in 2 decades > change from the ME oil producers' complimentary partner to direct competitors.

If you look at it from the vantage point of 2022, where a up and coming Saudi ruler dunking on a US senile president on his fruitless ME visit to gain political credit, Bin Laden kind of achieved what he set out to do in the 90s, namely, lessen the US influence on Saudi Arabia.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

the decadent east values human life too highly. we in the west shall override covid by human wave attacks

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cup Runneth Over posted:

That photo was one of the major things that got me to question the Western line on Tianenmen when I was younger, because there was supposedly a massacre, and yet... the tanks are stopping for him. It just didn't make a lot of sense. Why wouldn't they run him over if they were murdering people?

Comparing Chinese tanks vs civilians during the "massacre" with the typical reaction US cops have when a civilian stands in front of their cars should really tell you all you need to do about how each state looks at their civilians.

Or how both states handled Covid.

Or how both states handled the lack of baby powder.

Or how both states handle corruption.

Or how -

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

are you posting this video ironically because its bad because id rather watch a good video about ghost cities personally

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
anyway in genocide news

https://mobile.twitter.com/CostaJedda/status/1559321715611947009

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

lol posting this in the trump thread was a good idea

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Why don’t you move over there then and get welded into your own apartment by Xi’s benevolent government? Don’t you want to control your soul’s desire for freedom?

Or here’s another one, just take out all your money and send Xi the check, Chinese citizens don’t need access to their bank accounts either.

China stans unironically just need to leave the US and try living over there for a bit. You nerds wont last 6 month, let alone have the patience to learn one of the core languages.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

copy
Jul 26, 2007

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

Why don’t you move over there then and get welded into your own apartment by Xi’s benevolent government? Don’t you want to control your soul’s desire for freedom?

Or here’s another one, just take out all your money and send Xi the check, Chinese citizens don’t need access to their bank accounts either.

China stans unironically just need to leave the US and try living over there for a bit. You nerds wont last 6 month, let alone have the patience to learn one of the core languages.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lol detecting large amounts of Very Normal from this post, captain

DiscountDildos
Nov 8, 2017

You China stans wouldn't last 6 loving months in Chengdu! Your all pussy! Give your money to Xi!

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer
If Xi had an onlyfans i would throw so mich money at him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

https://twitter.com/SuspendedRobot/status/1559535699618963456?s=20&t=yx4y6tSvs3XutOe4ImQKhw