Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Leadthumb posted:

drat dude lol, that must have been an exhilarating weigh-in GJ!

I'm going off of what other people have posted lol. maybe cheating in a way but i know i needed ~45ish for lake 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

map 4 is chill. the junk piles have lunkers everywhere. also catfish weigh a loving ton lol

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

mbt posted:

map 4 is chill. the junk piles have lunkers everywhere. also catfish weigh a loving ton lol

drat that was close. Congrats!

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

herculon posted:

drat that was close. Congrats!

thanks! : Beat all four lakes
what happens if you get 2/3rd on lake 4, do you get different scenes where they say better luck next time

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
important note: HOT-B stands for He is Over There, Because...

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

- Beat the first lake

Had a penalty cause I couldn’t manage to get into the marina, but it was fortunately just one minute

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

It's really obtuse how you have to use some of the lures. Like the frog lure won't work unless you pull the rod back, in addition to the intermittent reeling and left-to-right motion. It never says this

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Joan posted:

It's really obtuse how you have to use some of the lures. Like the frog lure won't work unless you pull the rod back, in addition to the intermittent reeling and left-to-right motion. It never says this

that's not true

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Joan posted:

What you've never finished before? Lul.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Joan posted:

Frogs hop around, they don’t slowly swim forward. Hth OP.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

the frog really only works in the lily pads I think. The little hopping motion does seem to help, when I got the rhythm down the fishing went much better.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The frog doesn't work at all and I'm going to drive my speedboat into the awards ceremony platform. Ha! Ha!

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

American McGay posted:

Frogs hop around, they don’t slowly swim forward. Hth OP.

Yeah, in the explanation for the lure it says to simulate that by bursts of reeling, not pulling the rod back

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

For the frog lure, reel it in for about 2 seconds then roll your thumb on the dpad between left and right until the frog stops moving, repeat. These results don't lie

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

crankbait or grub, natural colored only. dive the crankbait down in front of the fish, move side to side as you do it. grub you can either let hit the bottom and drag it, or keep it on the surface as you reel side to side.
I never use steady tension unless the fish is exhausted, mashing the reel button seems to tire them out faster.

my fishing spots
map1 - deep grass southeast of the dock
map2 - trees at the center, deep grass northeast
map3 - open water or near bridge
map4 - dump immediately south, bridge to the west

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

never got many fish finder hits at the open water with the grass but the biggest fuckers are always there regardless.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I don't think there are any actual lunkers on map 1 so I've just been chilling in the lillypads/weeds alternating between the frog and the plastic worm.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Ask me about shitposting in SAD to get the attention my parents never gave me
Hey all, so I'm going through the list of who is left to pick that is actually an active game club poster and I've decided the next pick is going to be Pablo. So please post your pick for next week by tonight or PM me and we can get started on the write up and trophies. Once I finish our determination list I will redo it, add people who have joined since I made it, and start over doing random picks.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

That Little Demon posted:

Hey all, so I'm going through the list of who is left to pick that is actually an active game club poster and I've decided the next pick is going to be Pablo. So please post your pick for next week by tonight or PM me and we can get started on the write up and trophies. Once I finish our determination list I will redo it, add people who have joined since I made it, and start over doing random picks.

Sweet! Lemme think of something and I’ll send it soon

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

I got extremely tilted after having my rod break right at the end of lake 3 and spent several hours on the next attempt angrily failing to catch anything. I have now returned to an equilibrium and am prepared to deal out justice to the fish that have wronged me. Long night ahead of me, gonna try to finish both of the last two lakes.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

my crt is still behind a pile of boxes, one likely containing my snes, i dont think ill even get a chance to try this weeks game before the deadline

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Contemplated waiting until 11:58 tomorrow to post this but that doesn't seem in the spirit of competition. I'm tapping out so come get it if you want it.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

American McGay posted:

Contemplated waiting until 11:58 tomorrow to post this but that doesn't seem in the spirit of competition. I'm tapping out so come get it if you want it.

5.82 average. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8js3H3zhhdc

Leadthumb fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Aug 16, 2022

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

American McGay posted:

incredible record, going to be hard to beat. excited for the camcorder footage of evil eagle screaming when he hooks a 21 lb bass in lake 1

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Lol I haven't even launched the game yet but I plan to at least do the first lake tomorrow

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

American McGay posted:

I'm at noon of what is going to be my last attempt. If can find one of those 7 pounders I can beat that.

e: no luck. Might try to squeeze in another shot tomorrow.

rodbeard fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Aug 16, 2022

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

Lake 4 was grueling. There are a lot of truly massive bass in there. I don't think I'd have pulled it out just because of snapped lines except that I managed to catch two lake-record spotted bass, which are a little easier to fight than the others.

For anybody who's still trying:

- sometimes bass will follow your lure but will never bite. Just switching to another viable lure seems to then allow them to bite. I'm not sure why but I think it's related to the thing it says in the manual of getting their attention with noisy lures and then using something else. Fish will reset positions when you switch lures but that doesn't mean a total reset of their behavior. Turns out you have to do this a lot starting lake 3.

- I was majorly overthinking lure movement. Just tapping the reel button and left or right 3-5 times every few seconds ended up being way more effective than any "real" movements I messed with

- If you're fighting a really huge fish, they will recover stamina faster than you will unless you really press them. Gotta pull back on the line when they're facing you to keep them from getting their head back around... but I snapped a lot of lines this way so maybe this isn't the best advice. Only way I pulled them in though.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

Also I'm feeling good about my chances for the lake 1 record. :cool:

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

Here's my record. I'm also done after this, no time to play tomorrow. Good luck to all anglers.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Arch Nemesis posted:

Here's my record. I'm also done after this, no time to play tomorrow. Good luck to all anglers.

Holy poo poo

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Arch Nemesis posted:

drat

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Wtf

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Forensically analyzing the background in that screenshot to find exactly where you caught that.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Game 17

Threads of Fate (PSX) - 2000 - Deadline 8/30/22 11:59PM EST

Players choose from two different characters to control, each with a different story. The game environments are built in polygonal 3D, with a jump button and two action buttons which can trigger actions like an up or down sword slash. Any time that Rue destroys an enemy, a small token is left behind which the player can use to transform Rue into that creature. Mint fights enemies like a gymnast with a hoop weapon in each hand, and can also cast a variety of magic spells.
https://i.imgur.com/KPGGJTX.mp4

The two protagonists, Rue and Mint, both desire the Dewprism for different reasons; Rue wants to revive his dead friend Claire, while Mint, a princess, wanted to reclaim her right to the throne from her sister Maya. The stories take place in parallel, and players choose which of the two characters to play first.

https://i.imgur.com/lmH0fz5.mp4

I've heard that each character takes about 10 hours, but time to beat says 14 for main story.

Here is the OST, I've only listened to a little bit but I think its the same guy who did FFX and it sounds pretty nice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXa5FLlGHsI

Challenge Badges for Game 17 (Thanks once again to Sub-Actuality)

- Beat the game as Rue

- Beat the game as Mint

- Get the Epilogue ending

Good luck gamers, we have two weeks. Game starts tonight at 12AM EST.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Updated OP

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
threads of fate rules

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
which reminds me, one of my picks in the future is going to be Brave Fencer lol