Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

IDK about anyone else, but when I am otherwise unoccupied I sit perfectly still, staring forward into whatever happens to be in front of me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whiggles
Dec 19, 2003

TEAM EDWARD

flatluigi posted:

so how many times have you actually accused people of Kibler Shuffling in the past

Tbf I do hate it and find it irritating to be around. Especially once it's down to two cards in hand. Given the choice I'd probably opt to rush out a discard spell at that point over playing something more strategic just to take away baby's binkie.

This is entirely a "me" problem though

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I just stare at my opponent's and say 'Your Go.' over and over again.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I tend to start shuffling when I get bored waiting for my opponent do something. Sort of a fidgety reflex while the anxiety of my demise builds.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Kashuno posted:

Eye contact passes priority.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Kashuno posted:

Sounds like a good way to lose some IRL F6 equity when they jam a spell into verbal pass spam.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

in my mind hand shuffling is synonymous with try hard mode so I'm gonna roll my eyes if I see it unless it's at a tournament

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

:siren: Cardnames present in the art :siren:

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Sickening posted:

It’s also funny because people who emulate this behavior are often a little too serious about mtg. They also HATE you pointing out they are imitating pros and will go out their way to elaborate how they have always done this and it’s not monkey see monkey do.

It's learned behavior but more about fitting in with their friends bog-standard social contagion stuff for most people rather than imitating pros.

kalel posted:

in my mind hand shuffling is synonymous with try hard mode so I'm gonna roll my eyes if I see it unless it's at a tournament

I was explicitly taught it for tournament magic, and I've won many tournament games off tracking when cards were drawn or reading which cards they pay attention to in what circumstances. I still do it unconsciously sometimes in more casual settings, and anyone trying to build the habit should be doing it all the time.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

I am so much more upset about ___The Weatherlight___ being compleated than ______Ajani______

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Pictured: me considering mulliganing 7 lands

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

HootTheOwl posted:

:siren: Cardnames present in the art :siren:

Sagas absolutely returning.

I recognized reprints of Balduvian Horde, Weatherlight, and Board the Weatherlight with new art. Historic is likely back as a theme.

Possible new Karn walker card named Karn, Living Legacy - probably makes the Karn reprint of Scion or Liberated unlikely. New Liliana art was shown, making her reprint more likely. Liliana of the Veil makes a lot of sense as I thought Double Masters 2022 going with the Last Hope was odd. Although Teferi, Hero of Dominaria makes a lot of sense as well.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

AngryBooch posted:

Sagas absolutely returning.

I recognized reprints of Balduvian Horde, Weatherlight, and Board the Weatherlight with new art. Historic is likely back as a theme.

Possible new Karn walker card named Karn, Living Legacy - probably makes the Karn reprint of Scion or Liberated unlikely. New Liliana art was shown, making her reprint more likely. Liliana of the Veil makes a lot of sense as I thought Double Masters 2022 going with the Last Hope was odd. Although Teferi, Hero of Dominaria makes a lot of sense as well.

she doesn't have the veil anymore I'm pretty sure

Hero of Dominaria makes the most sense to me

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Chain Veil is in Ravnica. They used it to fake her death.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Could be story reasons for her to have the Veil again. Here's the art, notice the mirror:

and other art of Liliana shown, notice the stained glass window:

AngryBooch fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Aug 16, 2022

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Idk what the veil is but I’ll be really surprised if we get Hero of Dominaria in Standard again. LotV is powerful but HoD coincided with a lot of people playing Magic for the first time and it drove a lot of zoomers insane.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

fadam posted:

Idk what the veil is but I’ll be really surprised if we get Hero of Dominaria in Standard again. LotV is powerful but HoD coincided with a lot of people playing Magic for the first time and it drove a lot of zoomers insane.

The 'of the Veil' in that card's name is the Chain Veil. it's your typical fantasy 'makes you powerful but it's cursed' object. She doesn't have it anymore. The art as you can see seems to be suggesting she's getting it back though.

The Chain Veil card lets you do another round of planeswalker loyalty abilities on your turn.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

"of the veil" doesn't necessarily mean she has it anymore. everybody in dominaria knows her as that necromancer with the shiny demonic face covering. just because I introduce myself everywhere as "kalel of the something awful forums" doesn't mean I'm posting on the something awful forums at that very moment

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

there's leeway is what I'm saying

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Liliana of the Veil is one of those beloved cards that's only fringe playable in Modern now that I think WotC wants to try in Pioneer where Rakdos Midrange is already a good deck. The more I think about it, the more I think it LotV that's getting reprinted.

vegetables
Mar 10, 2012

The Veil being on both her cards is probably more relevant than whether or not she’s previously had it in the story

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Liliana needs to talk to Jodah and Jaya, they beat MairsiLim-Dul three times. Hell, Jaya was even possessed at one time.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

At least going by Legacy streamers, LOTV gets played in contemporary Pox decks

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

MonsieurChoc posted:

Liliana needs to talk to Jodah and Jaya, they beat MairsiLim-Dul three times. Hell, Jaya was even possessed at one time.

Lol Planeswalkers and old people asking for help in MTG.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

It should be LotV and the flavour text should be “it’s a different veil”

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
It's a wedding veil, Dominaria United ends with Jace proposing.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
It's Veil of Summer, and Liliana is Golgari now

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Liliana of the Veldt, card is green/white and can only be activated every other turn.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Liliana of Vail, a worlds beyond secret lair in cooperation with EPR Properties, sponsored by Epic Pass.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Braid's Frightful Return by Dominik Mayer.

Sagas are good imo.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lone Goat posted:

Liliana of the Veldt, card is green/white and can only be activated every other turn.

Partners with Mr. Thou

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The stained glass in this art might be Yawgmoth

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Yeah yawgmoth is thier diety, but i think they explicitly arent trying to resurrect him since the preators all know hed kick thier rear end

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I feel like i remember elesh norn commenting to that effect anyway

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

AngryBooch posted:

Sagas are good imo.

holy poo poo this owns. I bet it does something stax-y

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mandatory lesbian posted:

Yeah yawgmoth is thier diety, but i think they explicitly arent trying to resurrect him since the preators all know hed kick thier rear end

Feel like poo poo just want him back

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
They're all into perfection and Yawgmoth, having an L on his record, isn't perfect.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Liliana of the Flail, W/B, with one of Gideon's "I'm an indestructible creature this turn" effects

Art has her wielding a urumi that coordinates with her headdress or something

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

HootTheOwl posted:

They're all into perfection and Yawgmoth, having an L on his record, isn't perfect.

so do half of them, Elesh Norn kicked all their asses so she's the boss now. We don't even know if Sheoldred is alive, outside that 1 leak that may or may not be real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

AngryBooch posted:

Sagas are good imo.

this fuckin rules