Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Feel like poo poo just want him back

Hes pretty hot id want him back too

Either one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

A Moose posted:

so do half of them, Elesh Norn kicked all their asses so she's the boss now. We don't even know if Sheoldred is alive, outside that 1 leak that may or may not be real.

Sheoldred was in the first Karn story, no?

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Oh yeah, Sheoldred art for those who are into that kind of thing:

I should note, this is a different art (and different name) than the leaked card, so the leak is probably fake.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Edit^ holy poo poo she's half phyrexian dreadnought now

I'm gonna die laughing if plague engineer gets printed into standard/pioneer

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Silhouette posted:

Edit^ holy poo poo she's half phyrexian dreadnought now

I'm gonna die laughing if plague engineer gets printed into standard/pioneer

nah that would never happen. I bet they're going to print a phyrexian dreadnought though. obviously not named so since it's on the RL but the entity itself will be in the set somehow

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I want good Dragon Engines.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

kalel posted:

I bet they're going to print a phyrexian dreadnought though.
I hope so!
It was even in the story!
(they won't, because there's already a handful of anti-ETB creatures in pioneer)

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

if they printed a phyrexian-dreadnought-alike into explorer/pioneer, that would be as the kids say "bad loving rear end"

e: actually they could just add phyrexian dreadnought (or any RL card) to arena. They already did it to black lotus for an event. would be pretty fun to mess around with in historic

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Dreadnought seems cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNM8_hyh6ZM&t=1797s

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

HootTheOwl posted:

(they won't, because there's already a handful of anti-ETB creatures in pioneer)

If Pioneer can't handle a french vanilla 12/12 for 1 then it's a poo poo format.

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

Dreadnaught was nerfed for years by making the sac 12 power part of the cost, iirc. I wonder if they can print that version without breaking the reserve list.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

kalel posted:

if they printed a phyrexian-dreadnought-alike into explorer/pioneer, that would be as the kids say "bad loving rear end"

e: actually they could just add phyrexian dreadnought (or any RL card) to arena. They already did it to black lotus for an event. would be pretty fun to mess around with in historic
Arena also has stifle so I'd come back to arena if they did this.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Not sure where this was leaked from but CBs for Dominaria United will have Textured Foil cards. Also one side of the CBs looks like old magic pack color w/ the old blue magic logo. Unverified.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
So last set we got phyrexian obliterator as an upgrade to phyrexian negator as the same card but reversed so maybe:
Dierexian Phrexnought: 12/12 for 1, etb an op sacrifices 12 power worth of creatures, if they can't, sacrifice ~

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Make phyrexian dreadnaught but have it sac 13 instead of 12. It follows the spirit of the reserved list

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
1 mana 12/12 with a new ability called reserved. Reserved means you can only have one among cards in main or side deck

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
The art seems cool and dominaria is good. Good poo poo

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

ilmucche posted:

Make phyrexian dreadnaught but have it sac 13 instead of 12. It follows the spirit of the reserved list

saving that one for when phyrexia invades innistrad

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
*banging on table* Whatever. It. Takes.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
A planeswalker with a +1 that makes a phyrexian dreadnought token.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

plainswalker75 posted:

I am so much more upset about ___The Weatherlight___ being compleated than ______Ajani______

The Phyrexians really know how to twist the knife, those bastards.

AngryBooch posted:

Braid's Frightful Return by Dominik Mayer.

Sagas are good imo.

drat this owns.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

The stained glass in this art might be Yawgmoth

Also very good art.

Seems like the Dominarians are getting bodied this time around fairly comprehensively. Urza was a crazy immortal rear end in a top hat but even he held his own and had an ace in hole that didn't require time travel shenanigans.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Urza had so many time travel shenanigans that they had to remake the universe to make walkers weaker.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways

Mat Cauthon posted:

The Phyrexians really know how to twist the knife, those bastards.

drat this owns.

Also very good art.

Seems like the Dominarians are getting bodied this time around fairly comprehensively. Urza was a crazy immortal rear end in a top hat but even he held his own and had an ace in hole that didn't require time travel shenanigans.

Phyrexians invaded his island and he blew it up time travelling. Karn was invented as a time travelling golem to stop the Phyrexians from ever existing. Creating a race of artificial super soldiers and starting a eugenics program was plan c. Plan A was just PW there and gently caress poo poo up.

neaden fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Aug 17, 2022

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Yeah Urza literally made Karn for time travel shenanigans

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Oh this is basically a Rhystic Studies video (literally for the first part), this owns

Also Rootwallas...

I am getting excited for this set, I have been jamming with an Historic Izzet Wizards deck and I hope there's a new Adeliz card... or at least a new Izzard of some variety

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Aug 17, 2022

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

That rootwalla better have madness

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Strong Sauce posted:

Not sure where this was leaked from but CBs for Dominaria United will have Textured Foil cards. Also one side of the CBs looks like old magic pack color w/ the old blue magic logo. Unverified.

I want more things with the old Magic logo and that lovely classic shade of brown on them please.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
an imgur gallery of most if not all the art shown in that stream.
https://imgur.com/a/0zsHbxK

just...just incredible art. nobody does it like magic does.

me, looking at all this amazing art:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Naked cephalids look very weird.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Both "Sunlit Marsh" and "Molten Tributary" sound like enemy paired duals, but "Radiant Grove" sounds like a GW land, so maybe there's going to be all 10 combinations in the set?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Do we still get to say this owns cause uh

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

MonsieurChoc posted:

Hell yeah King Squee.

https://twitter.com/jay13x/status/1559203422083194887/photo/1

bird.
Jun 20, 2010

Drewjitsu posted:

Isn't "ward x" evergreen now, to take the place of hexproof (taking the place of shroud/protection)?

what mana cost of Ward X would get there in terms of making a standard remake of slippery bogle

feels like ward 4 gets the distance on a 1/1 for 1 to close out the game with a tall creature

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

bird. posted:

what mana cost of Ward X would get there in terms of making a standard remake of slippery bogle

feels like ward 4 gets the distance on a 1/1 for 1 to close out the game with a tall creature

Why bother with ward 4 on a 1/1 when you have hexproof? If you wanted a boggle it's hexproof. If you want a "fixed" boggle, it's ward 1 or 2.

bird.
Jun 20, 2010

Drewjitsu posted:

Why bother with ward 4 on a 1/1 when you have hexproof? If you wanted a boggle it's hexproof. If you want a "fixed" boggle, it's ward 1 or 2.

what ward would have to be on a 1/1 for 1 to have it be usable i suppose. "fixed" here implies uhh, unusable pass on it every time

bird.
Jun 20, 2010

in a limited format with auras i would need ward 3 at least before i would start feeling safe using a 1/1 for 1 and enchanting it with something

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year

Captain Invictus posted:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

drat, that sleeper agent art where the human head splits in half to reveal the phyrexian beneath goes hard

This all takes me back to when I was 14 and Invasion block was coming out, great stuff, great nostalgia trip

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

bird. posted:

in a limited format with auras i would need ward 3 at least before i would start feeling safe using a 1/1 for 1 and enchanting it with something

It really depends on what the auras are, a lot of the modern sets have auras that are worth playing because they are 2 for 1's.

The idea of having an uninteractable creature that you turn into a battle cruiser is not well supported anymore in limited formats.

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

Ward 6, but the ward costs 1 less for each aura attached to the creature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird.
Jun 20, 2010

Drewjitsu posted:

It really depends on what the auras are, a lot of the modern sets have auras that are worth playing because they are 2 for 1's.

The idea of having an uninteractable creature that you turn into a battle cruiser is not well supported anymore in limited formats.

i feel like with the advent of ward we'll see it pop up sooner or later in limited as a viable draft archetype