Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

anyway i'll be back in the morning. it's nighty night time for me.

bit of a flat day energy wise.

i guess i'd vote most people.

probably not RWC today due to the way the claimed.

probably not taste either because i like he claimed up front too. even though i don't get his thought process on why it's sandy. actually i feel there's a bit of that this game, not enough explanations from people on their votes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

hambeet posted:

omg guys. maerlyn's bounties were hal and merk. maybe the town+ bounty hunter had non-town bounties!

mind=blown

I'm not saying that they are definitively town, but giving the bounty hunter non-town bounties is basically giving them the names of scum. To a player who is at least sympathetic to town.
That seems like lovely game design.
Across the two bounty hunter/4? targets, I would be surprised if more than 1 of them was scum and wouldn't be surprised at all if all were town.

I have a strong town read on merk. I have a weak town to null read on Hal.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Speaking of masons, I would be shocked if more than 1 was scum. I have strong town feels on Sandwolf. I think the idea of the central mason (cloaca) being scum is a fun puppet master type role. And the idea of Cloaca having a devil on one shoulder and an angel on the other is also very fun. Spork is the one I feel least good about outside of the setup speculation, strong town on sandy, weak town on cloaca.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Merk, not a 3p, just having trouble engaging full bore. I am reading everything and paying attention, but am not getting a thing that makes me want to hard case.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

RWC's role seems townie, inventor is very often a scum role, but having a single BP to give out with no extra kills floating around feels way more town. I don't really have strong feelings based on play for RWC, so that slides them solidly town for me.

So I think with all of that, my not a lumpen list is

Town: Sandwolf, merk, RWC
Lean Town: Hal, Cloaca
Neutral: Beet, Taste
Lean Scum: Spork
Scum: IA

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Grandicap posted:

I'm not saying that they are definitively town, but giving the bounty hunter non-town bounties is basically giving them the names of scum. To a player who is at least sympathetic to town.
That seems like lovely game design.
Across the two bounty hunter/4? targets, I would be surprised if more than 1 of them was scum and wouldn't be surprised at all if all were town.

I have a strong town read on merk. I have a weak town to null read on Hal.

yeah i wasn't being serious

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Idle Amalgam posted:

Then that's even more bizarre that he's 99% sure in an unconfirmed but what do I know

Yeah that weirds me out too.

I could maybe see merks point about grandi being the rival, the vote for IA felt like someone who was happy to vote anywhere

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Cloaca has just had a lot of very sincere reactions in masonry and at least one in thread. I feel the same wrt Hal but I just am paranoid as gently caress about Hal.

Beet is giving me bad vibes today, something feels like… i dunno. A renewed sense of needing to win the game. Confirming a masonry partner over light things is 100% on brand for me and for beet to say it’s not is one of those things scum do, y’know, lie.

Grandi is coming off very sensibly. I wish 3P would just claim because we clearly don’t have the time to pursue them and it’d be one less person to kill.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

Cloaca has just had a lot of very sincere reactions in masonry and at least one in thread. I feel the same wrt Hal but I just am paranoid as gently caress about Hal.

Beet is giving me bad vibes today, something feels like… i dunno. A renewed sense of needing to win the game. Confirming a masonry partner over light things is 100% on brand for me and for beet to say it’s not is one of those things scum do, y’know, lie.

Grandi is coming off very sensibly. I wish 3P would just claim because we clearly don’t have the time to pursue them and it’d be one less person to kill.

I was thinking beet was looking better today by having a renewed sense of wanting to win the game but as town and not scum. Hmmm

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Grandicap posted:

Speaking of masons, I would be shocked if more than 1 was scum. I have strong town feels on Sandwolf. I think the idea of the central mason (cloaca) being scum is a fun puppet master type role. And the idea of Cloaca having a devil on one shoulder and an angel on the other is also very fun. Spork is the one I feel least good about outside of the setup speculation, strong town on sandy, weak town on cloaca.

Puppetmaster mason would be so awesome... Rude as hell, but awesome.

The only realistic two-scum setup I can see is me plus one of the others. Basically a decoy masonry, plus a real one. Me being in a masonry with two scum would be a pretty harsh role.

Spork by the way has been completely silent for two days now, even when they showed online in Discord and I sent a message to prod them. Our mason chat has never been the most active, but that's a new low. Sand hasn't said much during this day phase either, but he's active in the thread. Spork is just not there. The case in favor of Spork is, I would imagine a scum mason would at least try to influence my opinion of other players in some way, which Spork has not done at all. The mason chat really reads to me more like they're new, they don't trust me, don't know what to say. I won't vote either of my mason partners, for now at least they both read town to me.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Cloacamazing! posted:

Puppetmaster mason would be so awesome... Rude as hell, but awesome.

The only realistic two-scum setup I can see is me plus one of the others. Basically a decoy masonry, plus a real one. Me being in a masonry with two scum would be a pretty harsh role.

Spork by the way has been completely silent for two days now, even when they showed online in Discord and I sent a message to prod them. Our mason chat has never been the most active, but that's a new low. Sand hasn't said much during this day phase either, but he's active in the thread. Spork is just not there. The case in favor of Spork is, I would imagine a scum mason would at least try to influence my opinion of other players in some way, which Spork has not done at all. The mason chat really reads to me more like they're new, they don't trust me, don't know what to say. I won't vote either of my mason partners, for now at least they both read town to me.

Yes. I might be stealing it for a future game, who knows. But that was purely setup spec of what would be a cool role rather than actual alignment thoughts. Of the 3 masons, spork is the one I think is scum if any are scum.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Yeah I think spork is the likeliest scum but cloaca seems possible too, and the focus about talking about masons instead of who is scum isn’t great

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I am not interested in voting for Sandwolf or merk so if IA isn’t going to happen I’d probably want something like spork>grandi>Beet/cloaca

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven

Hal Insandenza posted:

I am not interested in voting for Sandwolf or merk so if IA isn’t going to happen I’d probably want something like spork>grandi>Beet/cloaca

Hmm, I don't get why your so solidly sold on those two, but let's just lunch scum then.

##vote spork, beet I am not feeling for scum. Grandi maybe.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hal Insandenza posted:

I’m also perplexed by your town read on merk. He’s done nothing town merk does. It’s scum merk!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

I’m also perplexed by your town read on merk. He’s done nothing town merk does. It’s scum merk!

It’s possible it could be merk, I am not quite there yet though.

Did spork post today?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Lol that sand is finding me scummy as soon as I start questioning things around him.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Hal Insandenza posted:

It’s possible it could be merk, I am not quite there yet though.

Did spork post today?

Once at beginning of day

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Spork seemed scummy a few days back when scraping in at ten posts, but then the started posting better. But they’ve obviously not kept that up.

I’d vote spork before ia, regardless of any lurker warning that might be coming.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Hal Insandenza posted:

What were your thoughts re: grandi ?

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
We still don't have a flip for Mr. Humalong, that worries me. Especially since we don't even know if they were targeted by scum, given that the weird flavor text seems to suggest otherwise. (BTW, I asked Sand about it in mason chat and he says the item he got was a regular BP vest, no redirection or anything.)

Taste claims to have protected Hal this night, so there's the possibility that Hal was targetted by scum and Mr. Humalong is some sort of collateral damage from the item RWC created. RWC, same question I asked Sandwolf: Was there any indication that the item you created was different from a normal BP vest? Seeing as it seems to have been the only invention you got to make, I wouldn't put it past Cena to give the thing a bit more Oomph.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Rhymes With Clue posted:

I've been in a Cena game, there were masons. One of them was scum. I don't think I've been in a game here one when of the masons has not been scum but I can believe it's happened.

We had a two townie unconfirmed mason team in Games mafia. Mason 1 hammered Mason 2 on Day 1, because they believed their partner was scum.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

hambeet posted:

What were your thoughts re: grandi ?

Grandi has barely seemed interested in looking for scum. I know he’s been busy, but he’s had time to talk about his town reads and other random chit chat and only the most surface mentions who he thinks is scummy

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Hal Insandenza posted:

Grandi has barely seemed interested in looking for scum. I know he’s been busy, but he’s had time to talk about his town reads and other random chit chat and only the most surface mentions who he thinks is scummy

This is an accurate statement. What does that make you feel re:My Alignment?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Grandicap posted:

This is an accurate statement. What does that make you feel re:My Alignment?

Well I mean you have been among my top choices the last few days including voting you yesterday, so that should be fairly clear.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Fair enough, that previous post felt more like a statement of fact than a judgement call, but your actions previously do put it in a different light.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I’m really struggling today to get my thoughts in order. I am kinda floundering.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I’m down to pretty much eliminate anyone I guess

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Hal Insandenza posted:

I waver on that one, wish RWC had been a little more forthcoming about a couple things when they claimed because some of it sorta pinged me

But overall yeah probably town

I was pretty transparent, I thought. But also I said a little more after this post.

However, that said, whenever you have been asked about the white powder incident with you and Sand you have just ignored it and deflected. Iam not rolefishing but I've said it before, if you know something that's going to be helpful you should out with it.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Cloacamazing! posted:

Wanna join my masonries? (Can't acutally recruit new masons, as funny as that would be, but maybe I can bribe Cena with a name change.)

That's very generous of you but I don;t think it;s gonna work. Also now I feel like you're kinda buttering me up.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

merk posted:

I'm convinced Grandicap isn't scum but is instead Maerlyn's rival. Town and scum Grandicap would have made a compelling case by now. Scum Grandicap likes to push the game in the direction he wants; town Grandicap makes persuasive cases. This third party Grandicap is just trying to not die while he achieves his win condition.

UNFORTUNATELY, and I know this is crazy coming from me, he is probably not worth voting and let him do his thing. If he is really a mirror of Maerlyn, I'm not concerned about his win condition.

For context, this rival winning does not mean Town loses:

If you read into the last sentence, if a rival wins, the game continues.

This is kinda selfish don'tcha think? You're not worried about the third 3P because you know you're not a target, because you were one of Maer's targets, but somebody else is okay?

I'll admit I kinda felt like that "let him do his own thing" for a minute and a half, but look at it this way, his targets are probaby town, his winning doesn't mean town losing but his eliminating two players who are IMO at least 1/3 likely to be town could mean town losing.

I'm kinda flippy-floppy about this emotionally, I kinda pull for 3Ps because it's hard, but intellectually I think it's best to just eliminate them for the good of town.

I also think it could be either Grandi or taste. Those would be my top two guesses. I suppose it could be anybody though probably except you and Hal. Also probably not the masons. Taste and Grandi are not my votes for today but I think we should watch who those two are pushing.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Also Grandi could just be scum. He seems to be pushing IA the same way he pushed people in another game where he was scum and caught pretty quickly. Meta is garbage though so I dunno. I lean toward he's 3P because of that push and because he was pretty quick to vote his rival Maer once she claimed.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Rhymes With Clue posted:

Also Grandi could just be scum. He seems to be pushing IA the same way he pushed people in another game where he was scum and caught pretty quickly. Meta is garbage though so I dunno. I lean toward he's 3P because of that push and because he was pretty quick to vote his rival Maer once she claimed.

So you read IA towny?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Rhymes With Clue posted:

I was pretty transparent, I thought. But also I said a little more after this post.

However, that said, whenever you have been asked about the white powder incident with you and Sand you have just ignored it and deflected. Iam not rolefishing but I've said it before, if you know something that's going to be helpful you should out with it.

The white powder is a mystery to me, my guess is it was taste. If I had anything relevant to report about what I did I’d happily share it

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

It’s so uneventful in here!

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

I'm going with ##vote Spork right now because of the mason thing and because of how he's pretty much disappeared today. Could switch to cloac for the mason reason, she's participating but she seems to be putting down thoughts that sound like she's an observer rather than a player invested in the game, at least that's the sense I get. The summaries and all.

I will be kinda tied up at EoD in a stupid Zoom meeting. It's possible I get back in time to move my vote if necessary to secure an elimination. Or if more information happens to surface.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Sandwolf posted:

So you read IA towny?

I find his posts kind of confusing but at least he's made a few.

Also I have only understood about one out of three of taste's posts, if that much.

So yeah, I am, kind of ignoring those two.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Rhymes With Clue posted:

I find his posts kind of confusing but at least he's made a few.

Also I have only understood about one out of three of taste's posts, if that much.

So yeah, I am kind of ignoring those two.

And, also, punctuation, difficulties.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

I’m down to pretty much eliminate anyone I guess

I feel like we could be pretty close to the end here and we should put SOME thought into it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Yeah I could move to spork I guess, they are just so lurky I wish I had more to go on. The more I think about them the less I feel like I know

But grandi comes in for some more chit chat and no real reads and even admits he’s not trying to find scum and I am supposed to just shrug that off?