Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

pseudanonymous posted:

You think that Nathen is the kind of person who dives into something he's interested in and learns the deep lore, and cares about canon and history?

You don't think he's the kind of person who only sees things in relation to himself, he only likes Garfield because Garfield comforted him when he was having a hard time and it really had nothing to do with Garfield, it could've been Dennis the Menace or Star Wars or Anime?

Cuz I'm pretty sure it's the latter, not the former. I'm pretty sure he knows gently caress all about Garfield.

He made a Garfield pizza restaurant. Pizza, not lasagna. Yes, LATER he did lasagna. After, you know, probably everyone who ever talked to him was like "uh bro why is it not lasagna?"

I hadn't thought about it before but if he was a kid with mental issues that grew up obsessed with anime and had a body pillow instead of a Garfield suit he'd just be another brick in the wall on twitter, and probably a prolific poster on SA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

this just raises more questions

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Speaker of over 5 languages (so, 6 languages?), master of none

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Empty Sandwich posted:

I have absolutely no clue what the gently caress he's rambling about

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Is that 'shipped' in the biblical sense?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

tight aspirations posted:

I think the literal one

I don't entirely remember the plotline where Garfield shipped Nermal to Abu Dhabi and then went on a bizarre coke-fueled screed but I guess that's why I'm not the King of Entergagement

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Empty Sandwich posted:

That's certainly some words...

"I have something shocking to say about a former TV host"

Is about as far as I can parse that

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
it's marginally easier to parse with the picture:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CAgHcoepm2t/

he got interviewed by an Arab radio personality (?). also he was going to shock the #Arabs by speaking Arabic in the Arabic-speaking country that he's from (??).

e:

Empty Sandwich fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Aug 15, 2022

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Empty Sandwich posted:

How many of those languages are made-up languages that only he and Garfield speak?

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

tight aspirations posted:

Literal sense, a running joke in Garfield is him putting Nermal in a box and sending him to Abu Dhabi through the mail

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!
garfield only likes manly cats

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Empty Sandwich posted:

he got interviewed by an Arab radio personality (?). also he was going to shock the #Arabs by speaking Arabic in the Arabic-speaking country that he's from (??).

e:

I think this is the person he tagged as a “dear friend” in a picture a while ago, which I also believe is the only proof he’s shown that he has friends. She probably knows his name… probably

Also I guess Nathen does know Nermal, what do you know

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
It's the closest he'll get to Normal!

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

"Life is a self-discovery. Habit is a self-suppression. MWAHAHAHAHAHA!"

The usual type of Nathenesque poorly thought out life hacks. I've spent too long periods of my life living with almost no good habits. It's hard to advance the self, or anyone, or anything, in any way when there's little or no self-discipline.

Of course Nathen's definitions of both "self-discovery" and "advancing" probably differ seriously from mine (and yours).

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Desert Bus posted:

What cause does that color/pattern of that ribbon he's wearing signify being for/against?

Perhaps an LBTIQC (the 'C' is for celibate) ribbon invented by Nathen himself to tout the acronym extension he invented?

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
what sound would the stubble make rubbing against your thighs?

close your eyes and listen

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

kntfkr posted:

ah, someone else encouraging celibacy

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Empty Sandwich posted:

ah, someone else encouraging celibacy

Celibacy is Cexy

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Empty Sandwich posted:

e:

So it is possible for him to be photographed like a normal human being.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
GJ not making "that face" Nathen. I'm proud of you.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

im gonna marry nathen :)

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

kntfkr posted:

I can hear a flat piece of rock being dragged across sidewalk

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

pseudanonymous posted:

You think that Nathen is the kind of person who dives into something he's interested in and learns the deep lore, and cares about canon and history?

You don't think he's the kind of person who only sees things in relation to himself, he only likes Garfield because Garfield comforted him when he was having a hard time and it really had nothing to do with Garfield, it could've been Dennis the Menace or Star Wars or Anime?

Cuz I'm pretty sure it's the latter, not the former. I'm pretty sure he knows gently caress all about Garfield...

Nathen may have strongly identified with the character of Garfield because they're both bipolar spectrum self-centred hedonists with a distaste for authority.

Reading all those Garfield strips might even have made him worse.

Edit: Some other traits he has in common with te cat are sassy and tricky/sly.

Edit2: Also bitchy.

BigBadSteve fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Aug 15, 2022

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

kntfkr posted:

This is not the kind of ASMR I am here for

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
The garf consumes while the ‘cliff preserves

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

GolfHole posted:

I will give you all the upgrades plus one free av change a month for the duration of the marriage if you manage to pull this off (subject to the approval by admins/Jeff)

Idk how you do this without doxxing yourself but we'll find a way!

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Please don't marry Nathen. You'll only break his heart

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

tempting offers, both of em

decided to marry garfield instead

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Seth Pecksniff posted:

I think the literal one

I don't entirely remember the plotline where Garfield shipped Nermal to Abu Dhabi and then went on a bizarre coke-fueled screed but I guess that's why I'm not the King of Entergagement

I read a bunch of the Garfield books when I was a kid and it's a running gag for like a year. He mails Nermal to Abu Dhabi dozens of times IIRC

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

GolfHole posted:

tempting offers, both of em

decided to marry garfield instead

The only way to win is not to play :colbert:

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

GolfHole posted:

Garfspeed.

kare
Mar 19, 2002
The funny Nathen Mazri. This time in Arabic.

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008

david_a posted:

I think this is the person he tagged as a “dear friend” in a picture a while ago, which I also believe is the only proof he’s shown that he has friends. She probably knows his name… probably

I couldn't find the posts she appeared in after a brief skim of a couple pages in this thread, but iirc the woman in those (Instagram?) posts were a clearly very different person.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Mr. Belpit posted:

I couldn't find the posts she appeared in after a brief skim of a couple pages in this thread, but iirc the woman in those (Instagram?) posts were a clearly very different person.

Quite possible, I don’t remember. I looked up that person at the time and she was some kind of social media influencer so I guess I thought they were the same person. Probably an equally close “friend.”

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
So when’s the big event? A week or two?

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Frank Frank posted:

So when’s the big event? A week or two?

You mean the marriage or the dating show or the next 270 degree turn to Dennis Eats or the sequel to Arabiolosis which will also be a self indulgent screed that won’t be spell checked or the next time people will call for the thread to be closed and goldmined because Mazri can’t possibly one up himself again?

Nobody knows.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Farm 2 skin

#quote #inspiration

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

A company that cares.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014