Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

MRC48B posted:

Begging is not shameful when starting out.

The way money scaled in this game, elder goons will throw amounts at you that seem like fortunes to you, but to them are pocket change.

Also many of them got the same treatment, pay it forward in the future (lol this game has no future)

You figured out my plan!

By next year I’ll have all the isk, and also be the only one logging in. :agesilaus:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

DerekSmartymans posted:

You figured out my plan!

By next year I’ll have all the isk, and also be the only one logging in. :agesilaus:

Focus on undocking over figuring out how to do all the tedium required to undock. It'll be a more interesting game.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

DisgracelandUSA posted:

Focus on undocking over figuring out how to do all the tedium required to undock. It'll be a more interesting game.

Yeah, like I said, my in-game time is all in fleets. As in my income for 45+ days was all platinum insurance payouts from the free frigates program. I don’t actually have as much time to play as I thought I would, but I haven’t really gotten involved with anything besides pvp big fleets. So my time is all fun and Eve seems fun because it’s still feeling like a new game, as opposed to EQ/WoW feeling like a job. Part of it is fun just learning a new set of mechanics!

Also, when my rl responsibilities settle down a bit (I care for a 98 y/o dementia patient at home, and my mom’s cancer is in remission now but means her and dad aren’t home because of travel for treatments still) I am really looking forward to exploration and hacking/relic sites…the stuff I enjoyed during my 2-3 weeks in Empire before joining GSF and podding myself to Delve!

I like Minesweeper, what can I say…

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
exploration is fun and i wish relic sites were more common in wormholes so i could spend more time in them. i mean they show up, but your better off just riding them to some empty nullsec backwater most of the time, so you don't end up scanning all 400 unfarmed sleeper combat sites

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Larry Parrish posted:

exploration is fun and i wish relic sites were more common in wormholes so i could spend more time in them. i mean they show up, but your better off just riding them to some empty nullsec backwater most of the time, so you don't end up scanning all 400 unfarmed sleeper combat sites

you really should hit it up with the goosefleet if you wanna do wormhole stuff, it's a lot more fun to risk all that you have with a bunch of people to beg money from when you do lose your only ratting BS to a random marauder

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the problem with living in wormholes is id rather die than shoot rats. i'll stick to pouncing on people with my lovely astero alone every 2 years

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Larry Parrish posted:

the problem with living in wormholes is id rather die than shoot rats. i'll stick to pouncing on people with my lovely astero alone every 2 years

shooting rats is far from the only method of making money while living in holes

it is pretty lucrative though, and it's fun as gently caress in a rayhat gang

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

Larry Parrish posted:

Okay so I thought the same thing because when I first tried wormholing, it was when they first came out. We were living out of a POS shield before I bailed after a few weeks. It sucked a lot of poo poo and the cash wasn't worth the amount of Not Fun there was.

Now, we've got Citadels set up with station services, a map tool that our amazing scanners keep updated with routes and scan sites, and best of all: a permanent route to anywhere in nullsec where we can pop out and ruin someone's day or steal their ratting cash on a whim. Even our new players are getting in on the ESS shenanigans with oversized AB Stabbers.

Wormholes are Fun now, come give 'em another shot.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

I will never log in

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Larry Parrish posted:

theres a rewards program for scanners and scammers in GANDR

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

From the Arknights discord.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Feliday Melody posted:

From the Arknights discord.

Yaoi Five Aces

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Rust Martialis posted:

Yaoi Five Aces

Outcast is a girl :v:

Feliday Melody fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Aug 16, 2022

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

I will never log in

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

I don't have time to play this any more so it isn't really a question for me but I figured others may wonder the same:

Is wormspace viable to live in as an alpha clone?

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

the brain disease that makes me want to play this game every 5 years is flaring up but the alliance seems even more hosed than usual and i dont remember how to play. i looked at my character to try and refresh my memory and i have like 21 mil sp thats kind of all over the loving place but if i had to guess i was most recently trying to train t3 cruisers. i also somehow have about 2 bil isk that i must have stolen or something because when i played i was a broke student and theres no loving way i ratted for all that. is 21 mil sp an ok amount these days or in 2022 can you pay money to turbo train way past that? how much is 2bil isk now? like how much does it cost to plex your account in 2022?

for some reason im in a station in syndicate with 0 ships and all my stuff seems evenly split between a station in deklein and a station in delve. my goonwaffe role dropped in 2018 and it doesnt sound like i want to rejoin so im p sure i cant go get any of my stuff without exploding. will probably try to jump to hisec to buy and fit a decent ship to fly before i decide what home should be for however many weeks i play this game but any advice for a returning subcab pilot who hasnt played since like 2015 would be epic

e: why is this thread on slow mode and also why are there apparently 2 eve threads

40 lbs to freedom fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Aug 16, 2022

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

40 lbs to freedom posted:

why is this thread on slow mode and also why are there apparently 2 eve threads

goonfleet drama

toilet eve is mobile eve, a separate game

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

40 lbs to freedom posted:

the brain disease that makes me want to play this game every 5 years is flaring up but the alliance seems even more hosed than usual and i dont remember how to play. i looked at my character to try and refresh my memory and i have like 21 mil sp thats kind of all over the loving place but if i had to guess i was most recently trying to train t3 cruisers. i also somehow have about 2 bil isk that i must have stolen or something because when i played i was a broke student and theres no loving way i ratted for all that. is 21 mil sp an ok amount these days or in 2022 can you pay money to turbo train way past that? how much is 2bil isk now? like how much does it cost to plex your account in 2022?

for some reason im in a station in syndicate with 0 ships and all my stuff seems evenly split between a station in deklein and a station in delve. my goonwaffe role dropped in 2018 and it doesnt sound like i want to rejoin so im p sure i cant go get any of my stuff without exploding. will probably try to jump to hisec to buy and fit a decent ship to fly before i decide what home should be for however many weeks i play this game but any advice for a returning subcab pilot who hasnt played since like 2015 would be epic

e: why is this thread on slow mode and also why are there apparently 2 eve threads

Yes, 2b is enough to plex your account(almost), because of the aforementioned poo poo.

Join goosefleet and get in our hole.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

Roller Coast Guard posted:

I don't have time to play this any more so it isn't really a question for me but I figured others may wonder the same:

We've been working hard to make it viable! Right now we have scanning ships for Alphas, logistics/tackle, mining/gas huffing/salvagers, and even setups for just loving around in nullsec. You'll still be limited on stuff like PI or most anything requiring a skill at V, but we've got enough corporate skill plans now that you can browse those and see what would work for your alpha character.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Roller Coast Guard posted:

Absolutely, yeah.

As usual with an alpha clone the best moneymaking methods are out of reach but you can still huff gas in a venture, and salvage, and do the unguarded relic/data sites.

lovely tuna snatch
Feb 10, 2010

goosefeet stole my ess but how can I hate on a Corp using Ishtars as haulers

Dukes Mayo Clinic
Aug 31, 2009

hailthefish posted:

Absolutely, yeah.

As usual with an alpha clone the best moneymaking methods are out of reach but you can still huff gas in a venture, and salvage, and do the unguarded relic/data sites.

and huffing gas is a whole shitload easier with a porpoise pal offering compression to the entire venture flock. I warped off because my hold was full, someone in fleet chat loled at me and taught me how to right-click farts once I warped back. :honked::yaycloud:

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

lovely tuna snatch posted:

goosefeet stole my 'ess but how can I hate on a Corp using Ishtars as haulers

This is even better if you read it in Danny DeVito's voice

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

Dukes Mayo Clinic posted:

and huffing gas is a whole shitload easier with a porpoise pal offering compression to the entire venture flock. I warped off because my hold was full, someone in fleet chat loled at me and taught me how to right-click farts once I warped back. :honked::yaycloud:

In-space compression is legit one of the best things they've added to this game in the last decade and I'm always happy to roll my porpoise out to help people crush rocks and gas :toot:

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

seems like a kind of dangerous thing to do, going afk in a porpoise with everybody's gas in your hold

at least, I wouldn't want to be the guy to waste a significant amount of everybody's time because I walked away from my keyboard to grab a second bowl of curry

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

Potato Salad posted:

seems like a kind of dangerous thing to do, going afk in a porpoise with everybody's gas in your hold

at least, I wouldn't want to be the guy to waste a significant amount of everybody's time because I walked away from my keyboard to grab a second bowl of curry

The best part is the module isn't just for compression on the porpoise, it lets anyone within ~44k of it compress gas/ore in their own ore holds too. No need for the porpoise to hold everyone else's gas, they can lose it on their own!

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

what space wizardry is this

that's just wild, drat

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
as long as you don't lose it on porpoise

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

how dare you

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
nothing venture'd nothing gained!

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
that actually makes it sound more tempting. how many people are in goosefleet though and do i still have to gently caress with that annoying rear end auth system that always breaks horribly for a few days until some nerd on the backend finishes everything.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Goosefleet has an entirely different broken rear end auth system where at least you don't have to email anyone screenshots of anything to get authed. And a cool chill discord full of cool chill geese. If you're interested in playing eve and living in holes and hanging out with goons, consider goosefleet, it's a good time.

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

hailthefish posted:

Goosefleet has an entirely different broken rear end auth system where at least you don't have to email anyone screenshots of anything to get authed. And a cool chill discord full of cool chill geese. If you're interested in playing eve and living in holes and hanging out with goons, consider goosefleet, it's a good time.

wait who asked you for screenshots of poo poo lol

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Bigbillthaboss posted:

https://wiki.goonfleet.com/Joining_GoonWaffe_101#Process_B:_For_Returning_Members

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Bigbillthaboss posted:

If people joined Goonwaffe with unregistered alts, they would then get kicked and be locked out for seven days. Screen shots make sure all characters are ESI registered.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Bigbillthaboss posted:

The Amok recruitment website requires screenshots too, haha.

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE
Then I learned.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
i'm sorry, are we trying to say screenshotting your game is somehow problematic?

c'mon lmao

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

It takes us a minute tops to look at a user registered in our dashboard to see that their characters have valid tokens and that they don't have any unregistered alts, or at least know enough about the wealth of data that ESI exposes to thoroughly cover their tracks on their registered alts.

Nobody needs to send us screenshots of our own goddamn dashboard to prove that they did the thing. That's dumb and bad. Why would you need that?

E: fun behind the scenes picture of our broken-rear end auth system at work. I really need to fix its reliance on depreciated asyncio functionality.

corgski fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Aug 17, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

I'm not the one who wrote the auth instructions, don't ask me why.