Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

veni veni veni posted:

Almost all entertainment that comes out of Korea is bad and I cannot wrap my head around how people like all of this corny poo poo so much all of sudden. Every Korean movie I have seen is 45 minutes too long and this weird mix of cartoonish schlock and overwrought melodramatic bs. And it all has the most drawn out, dull pacing. Even the "good" stuff like Parasite, Snowpiercer, Squid Game, zombie train etc honestly just feels sloppy to watch imo. Parasite was allright I guess. I'd give it a B- probably.

And then there's the 90's boy band thing but that is so far out of my element I can't even comment on it because idgi at all but I'm also not the intended audience. But it's still amazingly bad.

I think it's because squid game game out and had more to it than 20 years of yank TV put together

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Lol, sure bud

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Speaking of boring bad TV, the UK. loving hell.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Some of it the best though tbh but the ratio is not good

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Theres like only a small handful of half decent shows at any given time regardless of where it's from and the rest is irredeemable garbage

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
[quote="thetoughestbean" post=""525529244”"]
The US isn’t in Afghanistan anymore.
[/quote]

My man google Afghanistan sanctions starvation

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

veni veni veni posted:

Almost all entertainment that comes out of Korea is bad and I cannot wrap my head around how people like all of this corny poo poo so much all of sudden.

That North Korean song about CNC routers is catchy as hell

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Gangman Style is a good track.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Gangman Style is a good track.

I think that is the most popular opinion that has ever been posted in this thread

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

i like the part that goes eehhhhhhh sexy ladyyy and don't remember or care much for the rest

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I like Korean food.

That's all I know about them.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Red texts should either be funny or cutting. Otherwise it's like being yelled at by a tiny dog.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

I don't think dogs should be under 30 lbs.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Josef bugman posted:

Red texts should either be funny or cutting. Otherwise it's like being yelled at by a tiny dog.

I wonder if maybe you have a dog in this fight?

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Aramek posted:

I don't think dogs should be under 30 lbs.

I mean I can understand being small of you've been bred as a ratter. I don't think dogs should be pure bred tbh.

Neito posted:

I wonder if maybe you have a dog in this fight?

Oh absolutely! I want to laugh or cringe when I see my text. Not feel like I'm giving someone a "you tried" sticker.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Josef bugman posted:

I mean I can understand being small of you've been bred as a ratter. I don't think dogs should be pure bred tbh.

Oh absolutely! I want to laugh or cringe when I see my text. Not feel like I'm giving someone a "you tried" sticker.

Would you say you are owned or not owned?

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

How many corncobs would you rate your current ownage?

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

fridge corn posted:

Would you say you are owned or not owned?

I think I'm supposed to be corncob at about this point.

Neito posted:

How many corncobs would you rate your current ownage?

An entire one, with butter and also garlic.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Josef bugman posted:

I think I'm supposed to be corncob at about this point.

An entire one, with butter and also garlic.

And a healthy heaping of salt, if your posting is any indication.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Captain Monkey posted:

And a healthy heaping of salt, if your posting is any indication.

Eh, sort of? I'm salty that I didn't get a better burn I think. It's not A material and it got rid of a nice av I was given by a friend.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

I like Bugman, even if he's a foreigner.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Gripweed posted:

My man google Afghanistan sanctions starvation

Turns out the brave men only of the people just fighting for the independence of their homeland and their traditional way of life somehow don't have a clue how to organise basic access to food and water in the land of their ancestors

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Strategic Tea posted:

Turns out the brave men only of the people just fighting for the independence of their homeland and their traditional way of life somehow don't have a clue how to organise basic access to food and water in the land of their ancestors

Well yeah that and the entirety of the nation's wealth was stolen at once and divvied up among American oligarchs when we left

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Strategic Tea posted:

It's actually because we stole the country's loving money and have put in place sanctions that make it virtually impossible to import food. It's pretty loving racist to say that Afghanis are starving because they're too stupid to grow food.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Strategic Tea posted:

this is like if you mentioned the Roma to a european, lmao

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

And what's with the men only in Sierra Leone not building first-world infrastructure within a single year??

I am very smart and sassy

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Afghanistan was and is a grotesque country , much like america

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
High-waisted jeans are ugly, period. They don't look good on anyone.

Michael & Holly on The Office were the best couple on the show.

Hairless cats are extremely adorable. :kimchi:

Powered Descent posted:

This thread is better when it's about trivial poo poo and not on long derails about deeply serious problems in the world.

:hmmyes:

quote:

- Kettle corn is terrible. Popcorn is salty/buttery, not sweet, and putting sugar on it just ruins it.

Kettle corn is loving disgusting, and it smells even worse than it tastes.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Aramek posted:

I like Bugman, even if he's a foreigner.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

YeahTubaMike posted:

High-waisted jeans are ugly, period. They don't look good on anyone.

pathetic and muffincore

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

An entire generation in gross mom jeans

Pathetic

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I seen some girls in them looking good

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
PHUO all pants, skirts, etc should sit at the natural waist. higher even

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
There's nothing wrong with carpet. It's soft and warm and muffles sounds. It's a good floor covering.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Ohtori Akio posted:

PHUO all pants, skirts, etc should sit at the natural waist. higher even

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

looking good brother

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Gripweed posted:

It's actually because we stole the country's loving money and have put in place sanctions that make it virtually impossible to import food. It's pretty loving racist to say that Afghanis are starving because they're too stupid to grow food.

I'm saying they're not too stupid to grow their own food.

I'm saying that the Taliban are more interested in closing forbidden schools and enforcing correct dress codes than in working up a sweat rebuilding irrigation and agriculture for a country that does know how to feed itself.

This is because the Taliban are not 'the Afghans' and don't give a poo poo about them as anything but cattle.

I'm open to any evidence at all that the seized funds have been divvied up among private businessmen? Latest seems to be that the USD is going to aid charities (dubious) and 911 families (what a loving joke)

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

No one is going to do homework for you in the ketchup/no ketchup thread

Believe it or don't who gives a poo poo

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
I’ll field this one guys, ketchup is good and should be put on most savory or fried things.

This includes things like quiche, fried pickles, hot dogs, and of course Mac and cheese (with a bit of hot sauce, naturally).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Making a phone call is not difficult, let alone traumatic, and all these people roughly under age 35 who claim they take psychic damage from phone calls need to toughen up.