Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

he was just some guy from bryans bjj classes. admin tony is the brother in law.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

yea ok posted:

he was just some guy from bryans bjj classes. admin tony is the brother in law.

thank you. i knew there was a brother in law somewhere in the chain.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

remember admin tony’s geert wilders shirt? that was weird.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Really looking forward to 20,000 words on going to ad break during a submission.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Deadlock this week is the Stephanie McMahon/Undertaker Black Wedding/crucifixion which I haven't seen outside of highlights of Austin interrupting it so that should be fun.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

algebra testes posted:

Really looking forward to 20,000 words on going to ad break during a submission.

you're allowed to skip the Lance episodes

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

Deadlock this week is the Stephanie McMahon/Undertaker Black Wedding/crucifixion which I haven't seen outside of highlights of Austin interrupting it so that should be fun.

Ads?!?! GET OUT OF MY PODCAST!!!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Suplex Liberace posted:

lol yeah i had to double check my app when i started it and someone recommended i enjoy a smooth titos vodka at the country club lol

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

And I was going to ask if anyone else here was also watching his new podcast.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Dying at "Disco Inferno riding piggyback and Arn Anderson got pissed and smacked this guy in the face?" on the Deadlock observer notes this week, holy poo poo lmao

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
Yo!
https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/1559027099268169730

History Comes Inside! posted:

He’s probably not wrong, they have a big enough community to justify doing multiple large scale live shows a year all over the US so I can’t see how they’d not be in the top 20 when you look at the lower end of that graph.
Hawkins and Broski don't have their subscriber stats listed publicly. Brandon can only rank those who do. That's why we're on the list and they aren't.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Late 80s Tyson would've murdered Hogan in the ring. Shame it didn't happen.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Why is Lance eulogising Fit Finlay I had to Google to make sure he wasn’t dead and nobody else had noticed but Lance

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

granny chat ends 31:25

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
uncle paul's booking already putting alvarez to sleep

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

the F4W faithful have turned on Rampage

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

nonsense, no-one turns on rampage. have you seen those dire numbers??

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

History Comes Inside! posted:

Why is Lance eulogising Fit Finlay I had to Google to make sure he wasn’t dead and nobody else had noticed but Lance

Lance has a - in my opinion extremely nice - segment each week where he just spends a few minutes talking sincerely about how grateful he is to a particular person in wrestling who had a major impact on his life and career.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

cowards and nerds, all of them

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

You’re literally just describing yourself

jesus WEP posted:

nonsense, no-one turns on rampage. have you seen those dire numbers??

Lmao

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

at the end of B&V&C&G Bryan says that the F4W blokes are requesting Smackdown coverage over Rampage... TOny needs to start paying the bots more!

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

😭😭😭 the 1 hour of wrestlign i'm paid to watch on friday has good matches with mid carders

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

explosivo posted:

Dying at "Disco Inferno riding piggyback and Arn Anderson got pissed and smacked this guy in the face?" on the Deadlock observer notes this week, holy poo poo lmao

The mental image is amazing

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

yea ok posted:

😭😭😭 the 1 hour of wrestlign i'm paid to watch on friday has good matches with mid carders

It's not so much that as much as it is that Rampage isn't as newsworthy. So their reviews are basically just quick "here's what happened on Rampage" rundowns.

Honestly I think more of the issue is they don't have anything else prepped they're doing for that show so there's not a lot of content to it.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
It’s the same reason they stopped reviewing NXT for a while - it’s not the quality of the wrestling, it’s the relevancy to the promotion as a whole.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Rare is a Rampage where I feel like it doesn't advance a single story beat or set up a future match or have implications for the rest of the company. It's not like NXT that feels like it exists outside time and space.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Rampage is a tier below Dynamite, which Khan said it wouldn't be but the idea that nothing happens is wwwaaaay overstated.

But the perception trumps reality at this point so it's up to Khan to juice the show back up to fight that perception now that he's got some of his injured guys. ack.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Suplex Liberace posted:

me at the start of the episode: skeewhat

me when i realize that ad money is going to offset stolen chicken fries ubereats orders & checks mailed to a PO box shown on a 1999 RAW on the off chance that somebody sends back the advertised snake hands SCSA t-shirt: oh hell yeah

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

oldskool posted:

me at the start of the episode: skeewhat

me when i realize that ad money is going to offset stolen chicken fries ubereats orders & checks mailed to a PO box shown on a 1999 RAW on the off chance that somebody sends back the advertised snake hands SCSA t-shirt: oh hell yeah

I liked their story about Blueline Network, home of Chris Van Vliet, a couple official NFL team pods, etc, calling James up and saying they wanted to sponsor them and the boyz saying "really? That seems unwise to want."

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

these ads have forced me to consider signing up for the patreon, taking suggestions on what weird rear end thing i should make pulse say

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Ah the Conrad method.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Suplex Liberace posted:

these ads have forced me to consider signing up for the patreon, taking suggestions on what weird rear end thing i should make pulse say

Suplex "Jawny stomps turds down his kitchen drain the long way and that's for trucity" Liberace

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Suplex Liberace posted:

Dick "The Spoiler" Togo

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Suplex Liberace posted:

Punchsport THE COCK Pagoda

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i like deadlock but there's only 3 of these mfers how hard is it to schedule a recording when everyone there

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Alaois posted:

i like deadlock but there's only 3 of these mfers how hard is it to schedule a recording when everyone there

Between whatever day jobs they may still have, running DPW, and general life stuff i imagine sometimes things don't line up always.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Alaois posted:

James was sick and lost his voice. Kind of extenuating circumstances there :shrug:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
also tony is ancient and needs naps and jawwny is/was working at an amazon warehouse

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
Finding a time and place to loudly declare "Head so good I'm seeing ghosts, ebbin my neezer til I scrooge" without raising eyebrows has to be tough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
trying to figure out what it would take for bryan and vinny to watch the picture in picture if bryan danielson and daniel garcia aren't cutting it

whining that you missed part of the match when you could've literally not missed it but you chose to miss it. just lunacy.