Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Still pretty funny how the secretary switchup fuckin' worked and didn't backfire over the course of, what, 2 years?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Still pretty funny how the secretary switchup fuckin' worked and didn't backfire over the course of, what, 2 years?

There apparently never being a moment like this where they realized something was up for 2 full years might be more implausible than the body double cloning stuff.

A couple weeks or months, maybe, yeah, but two years is a long time for no one to ever ask the normal secretary a question that only the double would have been present to know the answer to.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
The secretary thing is so goofy I kinda love it

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
gently caress it, I'll take a pity victory for the Worm even though it's information that they should already have known through Xia but whatever :shrugs:. Also if the next chapter isn't Kazzy immediately recognizing the connector as at least a badass fighter I will have strong opinions about how nerfed he got over the course of Omega.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
I do appreciate how reasonable the Worm leadership is.

"I've got some questions about this information."

"Forget you ever learned that, or I'll kill you."

"Already forgotten!"

"Excellent, glad we had this discussion."

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm not sure what information was leaked, even. it was mostly stuff about the worm since the kengan side weren't really doing anything secretive. oh no, the worm learned what we know about the worm. that's not great but it isn't a disaster either.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Clearly the secretary thing is meant to highlight how capitalist elite consider even their close subordinates as barely human. If the secretary didn't go an extra mile and proactively admitted she doesn't know something she should have (which, in most instances would result in her losing her job), Nogi would have no idea, because his only interaction with her is ordering her around. :v:

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

New chapter, feels very much like classic Kengan Ashura fights, YEAAAAAAHHHHHH

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Yeah, so far it's a solid, down-to-earth match between two equal fighters, without any clear idea who will win due to plot and no magic martial arts bullshit. Kengan Omega didn't have a fight like this in quite a while. Also Kazzy is doing what he does best - obliviously socializing with enemy big-shot who will probably end up either respecting him, or becomes his friend. :allears:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Lt. Lizard posted:

Yeah, so far it's a solid, down-to-earth match between two equal fighters, without any clear idea who will win due to plot and no magic martial arts bullshit. Kengan Omega didn't have a fight like this in quite a while. Also Kazzy is doing what he does best - obliviously socializing with enemy big-shot who will probably end up either respecting him, or becomes his friend. :allears:

You jinxed it. Next chapter Saw Paing will reveal he has had his entire skeleton replaced with adamantium.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

You jinxed it. Next chapter Saw Paing will reveal he has had his entire skeleton replaced with adamantium.

Didn't Muteba had a robot skeleton as well among his modifications?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Muteba got a cybernetic penis so he could gently caress forever

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

CharlestonJew posted:

Muteba got a cybernetic penis so he could gently caress forever

Don't underestimate Muteba, he could do that even without cybernetics.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

imai cosmo vs adam dudley except it's a domestic dispute

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
dang, this is a sweet fight

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

Yeah, best fight in a long while

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

this owns

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

i love you imai but sorry i wanna see you take a full super meter HAMMER OF BURMA

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

Artelier posted:

i love you imai but sorry i wanna see you take a full super meter HAMMER OF BURMA

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
After all the worm bullshit, a nice , grounded fight feels awesome.

Warden
Jan 16, 2020
Yeah, that was pretty cool conclusion.

The amount of damage Saw Paing took is significant. I am going to die laughing if he loses to Rihito because of it.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

STRIKE! STRIKE! STRIKE! STRIKE! STRIKE! STRIKE!

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

YEAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
loving beautiful. Easily one of the top three fights in Omega so far.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

team overhead smash posted:

STRIKE! STRIKE! STRIKE! STRIKE! STRIKE! STRIKE!

gently caress YEAH THERE IS ONLY ONE PATH FORWARD.

It's funny cause during his fight with Karo he was actually going through a ton of different possible moves to use.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
The point in the fight where I literally was fist bumping the air reminded me of why I got into Kengan in the first place. This fight is good by Omega standards but also good as a whole. Sorry (not sorry) Cosmo, you had to be sacrificed at the altar of Saw Paing because even Seki recognizes he's a real one.

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
It could use less audience commentary/interruptions, but it was a good fight. I don't know if the next ones will be as good as this one though, since they aren't between 2 long estabilished characters.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Absolute lad, way to go Saw

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

https://comikey.com/read/kengan-omega-manga/DzYzrk/chapter-172/

There's the chapter link for convenience.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
The Hammer of loving Burma, holy poo poo. Hell loving yes, Saw Paing!

That fight kicked so much rear end.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The Hammer of Burma is so versatile, you can use it to bludgeon your enemy into submission, you can use it as a counter to your enemy hitting your face, and you can even use it to break free of grappling techniques.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Just caught up and that last fight made up for any annoyances I'd been having since the Wu fights post-KenganPurg tourney

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

The Hammer of Burma is so versatile, you can use it to bludgeon your enemy into submission, you can use it as a counter to your enemy hitting your face, and you can even use it to break free of grappling techniques.

not to mention floor removal

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Well, every problem looks like a Nail

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Yeah this feels like I'm reading Asura again and I'm all here for it.

Warden
Jan 16, 2020
Welp, Rihito's about to eat his words.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I believe in Rihito! Never getting a meaningful win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008