Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Isnt that all that electronic suspension is supposed to be though? Just "pres butan, suspension adjust" and thats it?

Its all it is on the goldwing anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Depends on the system. Active suspension adjusts as you go.

Remy Marathe
Mar 15, 2007

_________===D ~ ~ _\____/

I'd certainly love a preload butan, instead of digging out a rusting metal stick whose handle gets closer to breaking off every time the passenger count changes. That and a shaft drive would be sweet, sweet motorcycling retirement.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I'm partial to remote knob adjusted preload but I guess that only works until the arthritis sets in.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The goldwing has big chunky buttons like a jitterbug phone or one of those oversized tv remotes

This is me, adjusting the preload on my goldwing

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

The goldwing has big chunky buttons like a jitterbug phone or one of those oversized tv remotes

This is me, adjusting the preload on my goldwing

I'll bet there's a strong customer demand for larger and clearer instrument characters now that they've moved to tft and Honda R&D have given it top priority.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
The butans on the new gen goldwings look lifted straight out of a car console same as the previous gen, just a newer generation of car. They are not backlit, which is annoying when it's pitch black out and you forgot to pack a clear shield for your helmet, but apparently they don't expect retirees to be bombing around on their touring bikes after dark.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

They expect you to be wearing something with a flip-up internal sun visor like a proper dad

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

They're anticipating the newest generation of flip up modular helmet with integrated NVG

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
Guess I need to write another sternly worded letter to Arai to start making modulars or the same to Shoei telling them to make a long oval Neotec

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Jazzzzz posted:

The butans on the new gen goldwings look lifted straight out of a car console same as the previous gen, just a newer generation of car.

I’m absolutely convinced that they are. I’d be shocked if some of the generic buttons on my 2002, like the emergency flasher button weren’t the exact same ones that are in an early 2000’s/late 90’s Accord.

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?
The next gen goldwing is just going to be a Camry.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

:catstare:

Snapshot
Oct 22, 2004

damnit Matt get in the boat

Strife posted:

The next gen goldwing is just going to be a Camry.

Don’t you mean an accord? Parts bin is always a solution.

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?

Snapshot posted:

Don’t you mean an accord? Parts bin is always a solution.

I sure do! It's been a long exhausting week and I forgot that Honda and Toyota are different companies.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Rather than sell my tiger I decided to keep it and in doing so added some new side cases to make it even dadlier

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

:hmmyes: your coefficient of fatherness has raised significantly

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

My 4 year old loves to load them up with toys and then sit on the seat and have "adventures" It's so fukkin :kimchi::kimchi::kimchi: I can't stand it

Edit: she straps her dolly down with the rok straps so she has a friend to take along with her

Arson Daily fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Aug 20, 2022

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Arson Daily posted:

Rather than sell my tiger I decided to keep it and in doing so added some new side cases to make it even dadlier

I like these because they clearly have socks and sandals levels of function vs form, but they've also got the little chamfer at the bottom so you can get a sick lean on.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Went out shopping and couldn’t help but admire this bike I saw in the parking lot, which appears to be 33% windscreens by volume.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

german bosozoku

Remy Marathe
Mar 15, 2007

_________===D ~ ~ _\____/

Sweet Jesus

Full circle to a needlessly cramped car

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

That is an unbelievable amount of windscreen. Most of it appears to be homemade as well

Also shout out to the shin and foot wind blockers

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Remy Marathe posted:

Sweet Jesus

Full circle to a needlessly cramped car

Don't forget it also handles like garbage!

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
that's riding-through-arctic-winter levels of windscreen, good god

I'm also digging the LED aux lights zip tied to crash bars and the sidecar frame, just sorta pointing in sort of the right direction

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I picked up a new (to me) windshield last week off a guy on craigslist that upgraded to one of those 4 foot tall dealies that cover your entire body. I bought the new windscreen because it has the center vent in it, which mine didnt. Its otherwise just a normal OEM windshield

It works really well and puts a solid blast of cool air anywhere from basically your sternum to the top of your head depending on how you have the vent adjusted. The one problem however is that it absolutely sucks up bugs and spits them right at your chest. There is like an event horizon in front of the windshield from which bugs cannot escape. Once inside this event horizon, they're headed my way. This morning it sucked up one of those big fluffy bumble bees and fired it right at my chest. It bounced off and landed on my lap and I had to try to get the stinging insect away from my crotch while also not killing it because those giant bees are :3:

So thats a fun thing to watch out for. That vent is 100% necessary in the summer however.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
That vent's probably a decent compromise between switching back and forth between a short and tall windshield when the seasons change. Not sure a short windshield is going to do much for the bug situation either, unless you could find one with a lip/curve to change the airflow a bit

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Oh, yeah, its not a height thing, the bugs go right through the vent

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Hello. this summer I ordered what I think might be the last new set of OEM panniers for my VFR from japan.

I am wondering if anyone has experience with the Honda 1 key system and how to put that together? It didn't come with instructions and there are a zillion pieces

gileadexile
Jul 20, 2012

Rode the Back of the Dragon this past weekend for my birthday and noticed in a picture that my rear suspension was squashed almost the whole way down.

So I'm looking at a pair of Progressive 412s. Anyone have experience on if they're decent for the price?

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib

A MIRACLE posted:

Hello. this summer I ordered what I think might be the last new set of OEM panniers for my VFR from japan.

I am wondering if anyone has experience with the Honda 1 key system and how to put that together? It didn't come with instructions and there are a zillion pieces

These are the instructions that came in the box for my Honda topbox. I have no idea if they're the same for the VFR. http://cdn.powersports.honda.com/documentum/MW01/08L71-MJM-A00ZB.pdf

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

thanks, it looks exactly the sameas mine so gonna give it a shot!

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires

some kinda jackal posted:

Went out shopping and couldn’t help but admire this bike I saw in the parking lot, which appears to be 33% windscreens by volume.

How did nobody point out the air horns despite them having little florescent yellow covers over the ends

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?

I had a baby. My dadbike is an actual dad's bike now.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

Congratulations!

Supradog
Sep 1, 2004

A POOOST!?!??! YEEAAAAHHHH
the cardboard box was just half an inch to big in any direction to sit in top box with the top open.

FlyFishinInnuendo
Apr 14, 2005

Strife posted:

I had a baby. My dadbike is an actual dad's bike now.

Congrats on the baby and achieving peak dad bike.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Congrats! You have ascended to peak dadbike.

In other news, another normal one on the goldwing today

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

At that point, I'd just take the car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Eventually I’ll stack enough boxes that they loop around and touch the windshield, thereby creating a car