Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Mameluke posted:

Just loving ban it again so we can get rid of this disgusting wasteful packaging and go back to tinfoil

pass

packaging is an issue though it’s gotten better imo

but I don’t care, legal stuff is way better and easier than the black market ever was, it’s more than good enough at this point

and sometimes it’s even managed to be cheaper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
buying in store has all the fancy packaging and bullshit, whenever I order online it just comes in a big sealed ziplock bag or a glass or glass like container (I generally smoke concentrates)

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Hot Karl Marx posted:

buying in store has all the fancy packaging and bullshit, whenever I order online it just comes in a big sealed ziplock bag or a glass or glass like container (I generally smoke concentrates)

it’s heavily brand and product dependent. i bought a couple cartridges for ease of use in nb and they weren’t really over packaged at all. incidentally, good experience there without needing to have double doors, etc

plus nice seeing pricing with tax included tbqh

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

RealityWarCriminal posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/financialpost/status/1559977108012761093

Data provided by Health Canada show that more than 425 million grams of unpackaged dried cannabis were destroyed between January and December 2021. That’s 26 per cent of the total dried cannabis produced.

food production pls

"destroyed" as in "smoked by owners and their friends"

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Rutibex posted:

Probably more like we destroyed it *wink* *wink* and then exported illicitly

Puppy Burner
Sep 9, 2011
The packaging is insanely bad as someone who works in the industry. Absurd amounts of plastic waste in basically everything across the board.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
https://twitter.com/BenWoodfinden/status/1560042587121221632?s=20&t=5RRFbhYo-CmTr6QXMeMPdA

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Ben Woodfinden? I dunno dude that's weird to brag about, its pretty easy you just go to a forest

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

i assume they’ll only allow weed post security in a place where there is zero chance of you trying to take it though us customs

but that would be hilarious

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

vyelkin posted:

Ben Woodfinden? I dunno dude that's weird to brag about, its pretty easy you just go to a forest

oh yeah I've heard of that, it's the little strip of trees between the highway and the clearcut?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
I'd imagine they'd limit it to edibles since smoking in airports is a no no

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Mister Speaker posted:

Are we even sure this guy is with the 'queen of Canada'? I mean it is Peterborough, one of the trashiest municipalities in southern Ontario.

their mayor seems pretty rad tho

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Rutibex posted:

Isn't there a weed shortage lol

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
I'm excited to hear how Ford is going to mangle Ontario's healthcare today

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

https://news.ontario.ca/en/release/1002246/ontario_introduces_a_plan_to_stay_open_health_system_stability_and_recovery

Plan hires up to 6,000 additional health care workers, frees up 2,500 more hospital beds and temporarily covers cost of examination, application and registration fees for retired and internationally trained nurses

The Ontario government introduced its Plan to Stay Open: Health System Stability and Recovery, a five-point plan to provide the best care possible to patients and residents while ensuring the resources and supports are in place to keep the province and economy open. The plan further bolsters Ontario’s health care workforce, expands innovative models of care and ensures hospital beds are there for patients when they need them.

“When we released our first Plan to Stay Open in March 2022, we made a promise to build an Ontario that is ready for the challenges of tomorrow because we can no longer accept the status quo,” said Sylvia Jones, Deputy Premier and Minister of Health. “The second phase of our plan will provide the support our health system needs to address the urgent pressures of today while preparing for a potential winter surge so our province and economy can stay open.”

When fully implemented, this next phase of the Plan to Stay Open will add up to 6,000 more health care workers. Combined with the initiatives included in the first phase of the plan that are adding 13,000 more staff, the two plans together are adding 19,000 more health care workers, including nurses and personal support workers, to Ontario’s health workforce. It will also free up over 2,500 hospital beds so that care is there for those who need it, and expand models of care that provide better, more appropriate care to avoid unnecessary visits to emergency departments.

The next phase of Ontario’s Plan to Stay Open also temporarily covers the costs of examination, application and registration fees for internationally trained and retired nurses, so they can resume or begin caring for patients sooner.

Some key highlights of the plan include:

Preserving our Hospital Capacity

To further bolster the fight against COVID-19 and help stop its spread, the government is continuing to provide access to testing for COVID-19, Paxlovid and Evusheld therapies for treatment for those who are eligible, with plans on expanding eligibility for Evusheld for high-risk populations in the coming weeks.
COVID-19 and flu shots will also continue to be provided to Ontarians so they can stay up to date with their vaccinations to protect themselves and reduce the number of hospitalizations due to respiratory illnesses.
Free rapid antigen tests will continue to be available to the general public at participating grocery and pharmacy retailers throughout the province as well as for workplaces, schools, and congregate settings.
Providing the Right Care in the Right Place

Ontario is expanding the hugely successful 9-1-1 models of care to include additional ailments and is now giving paramedics the flexibility to provide better, more appropriate care. Patients diverted from emergency departments through these models received the care they needed up to 17 times faster with 94 per cent of patients avoiding the emergency department in the days following treatment.
Ontario is implementing several initiatives to help avoid unnecessary hospitalizations, improve the process for ambulance offloading, and reintroduce respite services in long-term care.
Ontario is introducing legislation that, if passed, will support patients whose doctors have said they no longer need hospital treatment and should instead be placed in a long-term care home, while they wait for their preferred home.
Ontario continues to fund community paramedicine to provide additional care for seniors in the comfort of their own homes before their admission to a long-term care home. These initiatives will free up to 400 hospital beds.
Further Reducing Surgical Waitlists

Timely access to surgery is important for keeping patients healthy and reducing pressure on the health care system in the long-term. That is why the government is investing over $300 million in 2022–23 as part of the province’s surgical recovery strategy, bringing the total investment to $880 million over the last three fiscal years.
Ontario is working with hospital partners to identify innovative solutions to reduce wait times for surgeries and procedures, including considering options for further increasing surgical capacity by increasing the number of OHIP-covered surgical procedures performed at independent health facilities.
Ontario is investing more to increase surgeries in paediatric hospitals and existing private clinics covered by OHIP, as well as to fund more than 150,000 additional operating hours for hospital-based MRI and CT machines.
Easing Pressure on our Emergency Departments

Ontario is also launching a new provincial emergency department peer-to-peer program to provide additional on-demand, real-time support and coaching from experienced emergency physicians to aid in the management of patients presenting to rural emergency departments.
Ontario is adding 400 physician residents to support the workforce in northern and rural Ontario.
Ontario is working with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario to expedite the registration of doctors, including those from out-of-province and who may want to work in rural and northern emergency departments, so they can start working and caring for patients sooner.
Further Expanding Ontario’s Health Workforce

Ontario is working with the College of Nurses of Ontario and Ontario Health to expand funding for the supervised practice experience partnership program which has already supported over 600 international nurses in getting licensed since January. The province anticipates that by the end of the fiscal year another 400 international nurses will gain the practice and language requirements necessary to work in Ontario.
The Ontario government is also working with the College of Nurses of Ontario to reduce the financial barriers that may be stopping some retired or internationally trained nurses from receiving accreditation to resume or begin practicing by temporarily covering the cost of examination, application, and registration fees, saving them up to $1,500.
The province is aware that agency rates have increased significantly, creating instability for hospitals, long-term care homes and emergency departments. In response, Ontario will engage with our frontline partners to better understand how we can bring stability to hospitals and emergency departments, while protecting quality of care.

Frosted Flake has issued a correction as of 15:42 on Aug 18, 2022

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Whatever the name of the plan, the actual purpose is the exact opposite

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I think “remain open” is all that matters

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

The Swedish method of covid containment, just let the old people die

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
I hate that it's so blatant that they didn't do nearly enough to help support the health care system during the pandemic and now it's finally collapsing it's go-time. it's been done so much to so many different nominally public institutions over my life time and the media still doesn't really interrogate how things play out.

and of course, it's not about bed space. there's plenty of room if need be, it's just that there aren't enough nurses. it's the same goddamn pattern with every industry post-pandemic. all the coverage of the delays in airports and only the barest mention of the fact that the work sucks, they aren't raising wages and they tried to start up air travel with the absolute bare minimum of staff because greed in our times is trying to shave off as many $30k/year salaries off the balance books while doing as much stock buyback as you can without the media noticing.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Crab in the bucket works wonders in Ontario. If the school system starts coming apart this fall people will turn on the unions first.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Can't wait for right to work legislation to be passed

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

quote:

Ontario is working with hospital partners to identify innovative solutions to reduce wait times for surgeries and procedures, including considering options for further increasing surgical capacity by increasing the number of OHIP-covered surgical procedures performed at independent health facilities.

:thunk:

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Ford said you wouldn't have to pay for medical work with a credit card. They'll just send you a bill in the mail instead

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Truly I am shocked to see more offloading to private clinics and no mention of better pay/less overtime anywhere.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

eXXon posted:

Truly I am shocked to see more offloading to private clinics and no mention of better pay/less overtime anywhere.

"we're going to hire more people" combined with nothing about undoing the four year wage freeze doing anything else to make people actually want to accept those jobs

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

The CAF increased the signing bonus for Nursing Officers and the paid school program, I don’t know why you’d prefer taking your chances with the province.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
if you join the CAF you'll be sent to the Ukrainian frontlines by Christia Freeland within a year

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
bump

Futanari Damacy has issued a correction as of 14:29 on Oct 29, 2022

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Futanari Damacy posted:

I love how the new Superstore was built with two entrance/exits on opposite end of the building and now the one furthest from the actual street is closed so traffic, parking, people entering/leaving is a complete clusterfuck at all times. There's also two police officers- not even Garda or another fake company, watching the exit. Why not have one cop per exit, or better yet, none at all and both exits open?
A couple businesses/buildings around here closed extra entrances when COVID hit "for safety reasons". What?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

odiv posted:

A couple businesses/buildings around here closed extra entrances when COVID hit "for safety reasons". What?

i think the theory was to enforce occupancy limits by restricting access to one or two doors, where you have a guard with a clicker, who stops people entering when capacity is reached.

in practice, welp

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

RealityWarCriminal posted:

if you join the CAF you'll be sent to the Ukrainian frontlines by Christia Freeland within a year

I keep thinking about that and have managed to duck out of anything Ukraine related so far.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

infernal machines posted:

in practice, welp
In practice everyone gets to brush past each other going in and out. yay

Segue
May 23, 2007

I think the most horrifying thing is how Jones is characterizing the privatization of Ontario's health system:

"There are some who will fight for the status quo no matter what," she said at a news conference announcing the plan. "They're ideologically opposed to change or improvements. We won't accept that. We can't accept that. People want better health care."

Really showing the whole sham of libertarian conservatism aren't we.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Frosted Flake posted:

Ontario is expanding the hugely successful 9-1-1 models of care to include additional ailments and is now giving paramedics the flexibility to provide better, more appropriate care. Patients diverted from emergency departments through these

More healthcare money for cops

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
There's gonna be an announcement about the minimum wage in MB at 20pm.

I'm betting Stefanson steps on stage says gently caress you got mine gives the camera the finger and steps off.

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

Segue posted:

I think the most horrifying thing is how Jones is characterizing the privatization of Ontario's health system:

"There are some who will fight for the status quo no matter what," she said at a news conference announcing the plan. "They're ideologically opposed to change or improvements. We won't accept that. We can't accept that. People want better health care."

Really showing the whole sham of libertarian conservatism aren't we.

sounds like a direct quote from a Robyn urback opinion piece lol

edit: this one. I’ve seen a lot of conservatives using the same language as they try to capitalize on the potential hospital closures: https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/article-canadians-are-delusional-captives-to-a-broken-health-care-system/

Starks has issued a correction as of 18:54 on Aug 18, 2022

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

EvilJoven posted:

There's gonna be an announcement about the minimum wage in MB at 20pm.

I'm betting Stefanson steps on stage says gently caress you got mine gives the camera the finger and steps off.

10 cent raise, and she calls it twice as large as the past several years combined just to twist the knife.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

What exactly is the hugely successful 9-1-1 model of care anyway, like when an ambulance actually shows up when you need it and doesn't charge you $100 to take you to an ER with 4 hour+ wait times?

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

eXXon posted:

What exactly is the hugely successful 9-1-1 model of care anyway, like when an ambulance actually shows up when you need it and doesn't charge you $100 to take you to an ER with 4 hour+ wait times?

If you're actually sick you can call 911. Resources for anything else is waste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

odiv posted:

The once Safeway now Freshco on Sargent Ave is the only one in the city that opens at 8 am instead of 7 and locked off it's street accessible door after hours, then permanently post covid times. It's also painfully obvious they told the employees to not admit the obvious manager's reason of "gently caress the homeless they're all thieves".