Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

The Chad Jihad posted:

That dwarf odd law rules

MAKE WAY LONG SHANKS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

So it appears that auto resolve loving loves Nurgle WoC stuff (and/or Nurgle in general). Okoii was getting some absurd AR victories with his garrisons against considerably larger (though not very high tier) Empire armies.

I'm really excited to use Be'lakor because his whole rift mechanic seems like it will be a lot of fun.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

bob dobbs is dead posted:

(random weird waiting for release thought: which faction has the best lawyers, you think? seems p correlated w good arty, i could make good cases for empire dawi and skaven)

all skaven lawyers are basically saul goodman

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
you know-see? good lawyers yesyes

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Janet on Occasion and ItalianSpartacus started RoC campaigns for Azazel and Vilitch respectively, and they showed the intro cutscenes. I haven’t found any videos of people doing RoC with Festus or Valkia and keeping the intros. The Advisor isn’t in them. The initial cutscene is narrated by a new woman, and the flyover of the area around the starting position is done by the lord you choose. Since these new campaigns take place right after Katarina rescues Ursun, I thought it might be fun to do a little meta narrative about the Advisor. Oh well.

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
Doing the story backwards is such a weird decision and has basically murdered whatever story they were trying to tell.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
never assume game sequels will get greenlit. if you were not assuming that, then you need to start off game 1 with the grand end fight against chaos

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
It is really funny that Chaos is the primary antagonist of the entire setting and it languished in a half-finished vestigial state for half a decade before they devoted basically an entire game to it.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Carcer posted:

Doing the story backwards is such a weird decision and has basically murdered whatever story they were trying to tell.

Who cares about the story?

I care about the world and the characters. But the story is basically what I make myself as I smash mans into each other.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

bob dobbs is dead posted:

what about lawyers

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kZx_TokIHdI

(random weird waiting for release thought: which faction has the best lawyers, you think? seems p correlated w good arty, i could make good cases for empire dawi and skaven)

Talabecland has a lot of them because they refuse to strike laws off the book. They also have wandering judges who do STREET COURT (as in they produce a wig and gavel and start yelling at bystanders court is in session and they're on jury duty, not in the Judge Dredd sense)

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010

Randarkman posted:

I care about the world and the characters. But the story is basically what I make myself as I smash mans into each other.

I feel the same but since they decided to try and shoehorn a story into manthing smashing simulator 2022 it's fair game to criticize.

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

Randarkman posted:

Don't much care about the story, but i do like hearing the advisor tell me about stuff

99pct of germs
Apr 13, 2013

Kanos posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ncVfkYZBmI

It looks like in IE the flat 10 reload skill every ranged unit had by default for some reason is removed, so every ranged unit fires notably slower, which is a pretty huge blanket nerf to mass ranged units.

CA really likes their sweeping, across the board changes that they sneak in. Re: port income nerf and knee capping growth

99pct of germs fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Aug 18, 2022

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

99pct of germs posted:

CA really likes their sweeping, across the board changes that they sneak in. Re: port income nerf and knee capping growth

Jokes on them, I am going to use the mod that gives racial capitals tier 4 on turn 1

assuming it's been made for 3

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
been made. prolly needs update for ie tho

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
TW1 didn't even have a story like the other two did outside of, "oh, it's Archie."

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Mordja posted:

TW1 didn't even have a story like the other two did outside of, "oh, it's Archie."

That's not true. The story was about the advisor being super sneaky and manipulative and then him being incredibly shocked that Tzeentch was more sneaky and manipulative.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMywnbCP_f4

Dramicus fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Aug 18, 2022

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Randarkman posted:

I do. I like to have something to actually build towards. Otherwise it's hard to get the motivation to finish a campaign and I fizzle out. Plus at some point you become too big to fail, so you need something to help you keep playing after that point.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Dramicus posted:

That's not true. The story was about the advisor being super sneaky and manipulative and then him being incredibly shocked that Tzeentch was more sneaky and manipulative.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMywnbCP_f4

You fool, you will know the true power of chaos.

*shows up with a small motley band of marauders that gets instantly wrecked by a city garrison*

Alas my scheme has been foiled. Why have you failed me Tzeench.

Edit: I'm surprised Sarthoriel doesn't have his own faction for IE. It's not like they have to do a lot of asset work to make him like a Tzeench minor

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Aug 18, 2022

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

DeathSandwich posted:

Edit: I'm surprised Sarthoriel doesn't have his own faction for IE. It's not like they have to do a lot of asset work to make him like a Tzeench minor

No joke, I spent the last week or so unable to remember Kairo's name. I kept thinking it was Sarthoriel in charge of the Tzeentch demon faction.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Was Sarthoriel some name they came up with for TW1 or does it have any more background?

Also are there any mods that remove towers from battles but keeps barricades? because that would be my ideal for minor settlements.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Sarthorael is a completely OC character.

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

Azran posted:

Sarthorael is a completely OC character.

Technically not. Sathorael appeared in in one 40k novel in 2001 and does much the same thing there as he does in TWW1. That's obscure enough and the 40k/Fantasy canon links are nebulous enough that they might as well be an OC

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I hope some of the OCs that we've had eventually get a full FLC treatment to become Legendary Lords. Surtha Ek and Sarthoriel might be jobbers, but we've been living with them for six years at this point and I'd bet the Warhammer/Total War community has more affection and memories of them than any of the "angry dude with a signature weapons" that haven't been added yet.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Unironic Pontus moment if they give that nerd Surtha Ek a glow up before adding SLAMBO

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

DaysBefore posted:

Unironic Pontus moment if they give that nerd Surtha Ek a glow up before adding SLAMBO

Legendary Lord Surtha Ek has to defeat Settra on a racetrack in his final quest battle

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

jokes posted:

Legendary Lord Surtha Ek has to defeat Settra on a racetrack in his final quest battle

Buck trend and give Surtha Ek and anti-large chariot. A chariot-slaying chariot you will.

Doesn't Surtha Ek have a long lost Ek distant elven relative over in Ulthuan that also is known for chariot spam? May as well throw them in the big race too.

Edit: Welcome to Warhammer Kart. Like Mario Kart except grimdark and FULL GORE. <Insert video of Settra getting a powerup and shooting a fireball at the next chariot ahead of him, which explodes into a blood shower>

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Aug 18, 2022

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

DeathSandwich posted:

Doesn't Surtha Ek have a long lost Ek distant elven relative over in Ulthuan that also is known for chariot spam? May as well throw them in the big race too.
On Ulthuan there is a minor faction in the place that is good at Chariots whose faction leader is Surthara Bel Kek or something like that. I don't think they're actually related, I think it's just CA being funny.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

I just want Slambo. I don't think it's too much to ask for Slambo

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

On Ulthuan there is a minor faction in the place that is good at Chariots whose faction leader is Surthara Bel Kek or something like that. I don't think they're actually related, I think it's just CA being funny.

That's his exact name. And he even has an unique trait buffing chariots that you can't get on any other HE lord.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

TaurusTorus posted:

I just want Slambo. I don't think it's too much to ask for Slambo

My dream is that they hire the biggest VA name out there, someone like Keanu Reaves, and tell him, "We just want you to say 'SLAMBO!' with different inflections, if you'd please..."

Edit: mispelled Slambo (SMALBO!). Debated just leaving it, but was too cowardly.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

whats a SLAMBO?

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

SirPhoebos posted:

My dream is that they hire the biggest VA name out there, someone like Keanu Reaves, and tell him, "We just want you to say 'SLAMBO!' with different inflections, if you'd please..."

Get Henry Cavil to do it. And yeah, different inflections depending on the context. Just like 80 different variations of "slamBO!"

Edit - 80 variations, and Henry Cavil has his head in a metal bucket so you get that good reverberation

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Aug 18, 2022

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

DeathSandwich posted:

Get Henry Cavil to do it. And yeah, different inflections depending on the context. Just like 80 different variations of "slamBO!"

Thatd be perfect

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

whats a SLAMBO?

A relic of early editions of Warhammer before they really tamped down on the silly poo poo. https://ageofsigmar.lexicanum.com/wiki/Slambo

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

DeathSandwich posted:

He's already the VA for Eltharion's starting Loremaster of Hoeth, who has a unique trait.

Not that he cant VA something else because there are people who VA multiple LLs already, but it might make it more difficult.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

whats a SLAMBO?

Long ago, before the Chaos aesthetic was completely nailed down Games Workshop had a full page showing off different chaos warriors, all of them named and different degrees of goofy looking. Slambo was heavily armored perfection, the iconic look that was immediately copied by Hero Quest and eventually became the style everyone else who worshiped dark gods wanted to imitate.

But there is only one Slambo. No one has done it better and no one ever will.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

He's already the VA for Eltharion's starting Loremaster of Hoeth, who has a unique trait.

Is he? I thought the guy was only named for him, never heard about him being voiced by him.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

KPC_Mammon posted:

Long ago, before the Chaos aesthetic was completely nailed down Games Workshop had a full page showing off different chaos warriors, all of them named and different degrees of goofy looking. Slambo was heavily armored perfection, the iconic look that was immediately copied by Hero Quest and eventually became the style everyone else who worshiped dark gods wanted to imitate.

But there is only one Slambo. No one has done it better and no one ever will.

Slamgrog the Greenskin

Slamberic the Brettonian

Slamhelm the Reiklander

Slamarion the High Elf

Slamdriss the Dark Elf

Slamgrim the Dwarf

and, of course, Slambo the Original

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
The Something Awful forums > Games > Total Warhammer 3: Henry Cavil shouting "SLAMBO" into a metal bucket