Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

No Safe Word posted:

PConc doesn't even use mana it uses lifetap, you only need just enough unreserved to pop Plague Bearer occasionally.

does not discount life leech but whatev

Ziz has absolutely no life leech

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.

EVIL Gibson posted:

does not discount life leech but whatev

Ziz has absolutely no life leech

yeah i mean its a 3 point skilltree investment difference, it's not a huge deal i dont think

i'm curious if there are any poison bow trees? i wanna adapt them for sniper's mark poison tshot (does it work the way i want it to? i guess we will find out)

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Insurrectionist posted:

You, a foolish PoE player: prepare for leaguestart by finding the most fun builds, updating your filters, fiddling with PoB for 1000 hours

Me, a brilliant mind: prepare for leaguestart by finding as many good podcasts as I can and not listening to the ones I was already following to create a backlog

Me: finally update/turn on loot filter in act 9

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I'm thinking of just trying one of the basic Filterblade filters that auto-update this time around but it's been like 4 years since last time I used a non-custom filter and I'm scared it's gonna be bad and I'll hate it

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Challenge rewards:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jwbZ_OdIpw

e: In the near futured for tiered MTX such as this you'll have the option to choose which tier to equip.

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Aug 17, 2022

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
The character effect is pretty dope

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
jesus

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009
if i luck myself into the power charge jewels i am definitely going to try some sort of charge stacking build taking advantage of ephemeral bond

InventorOfTrees
Dec 13, 2013

Noted Psycho Poster Panda Clue
He Dreams of Pancakes
And So Should You

qnqnx posted:

shut the gently caress up Panda Clue

you are an angry little cupcake <3

double mings 3 life grand spectrum meta let's gooo

shimmy shimmy
Nov 13, 2020
30% max life and 3 min endurance charges for three jewel slots seems pretty good.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Yet more new MTX approaches. That's pretty neat.

Hopefully the achievements are more like Ritual / ArchNem and less Sentinel.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
3 cobalt grand spectrums would give you 3 minimum charges or 9 minimum charges?

InventorOfTrees
Dec 13, 2013

Noted Psycho Poster Panda Clue
He Dreams of Pancakes
And So Should You
I preferred the Sentinel challenges as they were more "complete a challenge" and less "equip three rare items/kill an act boss".

poemdexter posted:

9, but your min can't be greater than your max.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

poemdexter posted:

The latter. https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/Grand_Spectrum

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

xZAOx posted:

I had an empy video on in the background the other day, where he was giving random tips/tricks.

One that was neat was if you are in someone's hideout and you like it, type /save_hideout.

Also, a lot of things were out of date, and the video was only like a week or two old. Stuff about divines and harvest, heh.

you have no idea how angry I am to learn this now

I went into some dudes hideout last league and it was *perfect*

I actually messaged him and asked him to share it on hideouts, but he said he wasn't done working on it

naturally it never showed up :mad:

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

The challenge reward suite looks pretty... sweet

Also mark me down as a 2,000 hour gamer that did not realize until yesterday that you can mix and match "Grand Spectrum" jewels with different effects and still boost them all the same. Way more flexible than I initially realized.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
I assume getting more max charges is a bit harder then?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Besides the ones on the passive trees that you'll probably be hitting up anyway to socket said jewels in?

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

poemdexter posted:

I assume getting more max charges is a bit harder then?

Power charges are the easiest to get on gear at least

J
Jun 10, 2001

Sushi's got a new heist guide up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T86w85F23Jg

https://docs.google.com/document/d/18AzhxfvP97TTuHKocW4r007xmE-Cx5F3hamq0j3wJGo/edit

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
That last grand spectrum jewel sure is something.

singateco
Jan 28, 2013

You can search stash by pos now

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i assume thats what they are using for the new "highlight your last whispered item" feature

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Im sort of liking some of the challenge rewards. We dont know what the actual challenges are yet, do we? Heres hoping LS will be able to get most of them

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

NPR Journalizard posted:

Im sort of liking some of the challenge rewards. We dont know what the actual challenges are yet, do we? Heres hoping LS will be able to get most of them

The beautiful sparkly rainbow is pushing me towards a strong meta build because I'd like to actually earn these and the challenges last league sucked rear end

No idea what though still, grumble

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

victrix posted:

The beautiful sparkly rainbow is pushing me towards a strong meta build because I'd like to actually earn these and the challenges last league sucked rear end

No idea what though still, grumble

Yeah I am now reconsidering my stupid CI Flicker Tricker just because even though I'm confident it will work with enough effort, it won't work well enough to make me want to complete the challenges.

I still want to stay Trickster, but CI Flicker Strike probably isn't gonna be it.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

jizzy sillage posted:

Ah, the halcyon days of tying up my parents phone on 56k idling in Prontera, flipping red pots for a 2 zenny profit each.

Bring it back :negative:

Zenny? the same currency as Mega Man Legends?

(Goddamn they should make a Mega Man MMO)

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
Been killing some down time by doing some dry runs of some skills I've not played much for league starts. Played a bit with SThrow into Helix and then to Energy Blade to see how the damage would be. Played a bit with PConc which was ok but was a bit harder than Caustic/Toxic Rain for my quick dirty run to act 3. Trying some wanding now with aim at trying KBolt and KBlast. I've heard Kblast is good but gear dependent, whether that's true or not I have no idea.

Also while playing I started wondering if the Beast league might jump in value with lower unique drops. I always seem to end up with tons of unique crafts I never bother with normally.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

NPR Journalizard posted:

We dont know what the actual challenges are yet, do we?

Nope. From their news post: "You'll be able to check out the full list of challenges you need to complete for these rewards when Path of Exile: Lake of Kalandra launches for PC and Mac on August 19th PDT and for console on August 24th PDT."

I feel like they're keeping under wraps purposefully, which usually would mean they're not going to be popular.

Or that's just boilerplate text, and they're saving it to keep the news trickle going to have something for tomorrow.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Does anyone know why when I search Survival Secrets or Survival Skills on the official trade site, it only brings up the ond versions that aren't flask related? I even went to trade with someone and they gave me the old version. Do they all revert when reaching standard or something?

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

Avoid Symmetry, Allow Complexity, Introduce Terror
I just searched and had both versions come up. Scroll down further to get to the flask ones or filter for the flask mod.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
I swear it wasn't working yesterday but thank you!

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Vincent Valentine posted:

Yeah I am now reconsidering my stupid CI Flicker Tricker just because even though I'm confident it will work with enough effort, it won't work well enough to make me want to complete the challenges.

I still want to stay Trickster, but CI Flicker Strike probably isn't gonna be it.

What if you doubled down and made it CI Energy Blade Flicker Trickster

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
Congrats to GGG for making me spend 90 dollars so that I can explode every time I die. The is the first time I've ever spent actual noticeable money on an in game cosmetic for pretty much any game ever.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

poemdexter posted:

Congrats to GGG for making me spend 90 dollars so that I can explode every time I die. The is the first time I've ever spent actual noticeable money on an in game cosmetic for pretty much any game ever.

I'm more interested in the good boi. Exploding is nice tho

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Is LS raider still 40/40 viable?

Also considering Shield Crush Glad, but I dunno how that bosses.

I really wanted to play Shadow this league but I'm just not seeing any builds jumping out at me for it.

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005
White water rafting down the river styx

poemdexter posted:

Yo I'm so mad that there's nothing I want in that pack other than the exploding backpack and the puppy. I can't really justify $90 for that poo poo, but man I want to explode when I die.

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009

Traitorous Leopard posted:

Also mark me down as a 2,000 hour gamer that did not realize until yesterday that you can mix and match "Grand Spectrum" jewels with different effects and still boost them all the same. Way more flexible than I initially realized.

Wait, you can WHAT now?
- me, a *checks Steam* 4875.9-hour player

In retrospect this was probably the way Grand Spectrums were intended to be used, huh.

Insurrectionist posted:

You, a foolish PoE player: prepare for leaguestart by finding the most fun builds, updating your filters, fiddling with PoB for 1000 hours

Me, a brilliant mind: prepare for leaguestart by finding as many good podcasts as I can and not listening to the ones I was already following to create a backlog

Last league I spent hours tweaking a custom leveling filter off of Filterblade's auto-updating one. And then the league launched, apparently one of the items on the filter didn't exist anymore, which then errored out the entire loot filter, so I ended up with NO loot filters. (Well fortunately I was still subscribed to Filterblade, but yeah.)

Moral of the story is don't update your loot filters.

e:

victrix posted:

Is LS raider still 40/40 viable?

My friend easily 40/40ed Sentinel league as LS raider. Said it was one of the strongest, most comfortable builds he's played. And considering nightblade ate no nerfs, and the only 'change' to LS was a bugfix (in other words you can still double hit with +1 strike), I honestly don't see why not. Seems like it'd be one of the strongest overall builds -- kinda awful leveling because spectral helix, good early mapping, great continued scaling into endgame where you can keep dumping currency into the build.

facepalmolive fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Aug 18, 2022

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

facepalmolive posted:

e:

My friend easily 40/40ed Sentinel league as LS raider. Said it was one of the strongest, most comfortable builds he's played. And considering nightblade ate no nerfs, and the only 'change' to LS was a bugfix (in other words you can still double hit with +1 strike), I honestly don't see why not. Seems like it'd be one of the strongest overall builds -- kinda awful leveling because spectral helix, good early mapping, great continued scaling into endgame where you can keep dumping currency into the build.

I may do this, thanks

Only variation I'm considering is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvmDib20aVs

Just because I still really want to play Shadow, but if it's just worse than Raider I'll try that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
if you're going for 40/40, by the time you're closing in on the end you'll have such absurd amounts of currency that a hundred regrets and a full build should be easy to buy anyway if you end up hating it