Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

derra posted:

After you're level 30 you start earning 1k every so much series XP. I am sitting with some currency there (you don't have to redeem it right away) and am worried I will lose that when the series switches over.

I'd just go ahead and redeem what you've got from the series, but not worry about spending it. They aren't going to make crystal trophies an outdated currency without major announcements ahead of time. It's possible you might not be able to redeem it after the series is restarted, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meteor9
Nov 23, 2007

"That's why I put up with it."
I'm pretty sure they've said that the Crystals are just going to be permanent as a part of the anti-FOMO of being able to buy this season's track rewards next season using the same currency, but I suppose I could be remembering wrong!

E: https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/33088ed82b90150a7dec25804f666cac5b2ea8c3

code:
* At the start of each new Series period, your Series EXP and level will be reset and the available rewards will be replaced.
* Any trophy crystals earned will be carried over to the new Series.

derra
Dec 29, 2012

Thundarr posted:

I'd just go ahead and redeem what you've got from the series, but not worry about spending it. They aren't going to make crystal trophies an outdated currency without major announcements ahead of time. It's possible you might not be able to redeem it after the series is restarted, though.

I'm capped and have like another 3k sitting in the series. I can't redeem anymore without spending, which is why I'm asking if there's anything cool to buy.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

derra posted:

I'm capped and have like another 3k sitting in the series. I can't redeem anymore without spending, which is why I'm asking if there's anything cool to buy.

There's always wolf collars, which you can turn in for wolf weapon glams (most of which look pretty cool).

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Wait its the just the series malmstone stuff thats changing, right? The "Virtu" sets at the one vendor aren't going anywhere, right?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Thundarr posted:

There's always wolf collars, which you can turn in for wolf weapon glams (most of which look pretty cool).

You can get the absurdly large oar!

That unfolds into the somehow more absurdly large wedge!

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

And the Wolverine claws.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

The hellhound katana is somehow even edgier than the deepshadow katana.

Thundarr fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Aug 18, 2022

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

My raid group in a nutshell...
"These birds are terrible."
"They're in Pandaemonium, it's the place for rejects."
"Wait a second, *we're* in Pandaemonium!"

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

https://twitter.com/FF_XIV_EN/status/1560159593149243393?s=20&t=y0_CicIM3qOtnuPnr3GsGw

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

52 Pickup doesn't work great with a six-card deck.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Cleretic posted:

I'm a little sad that the game doesn't simulate an entire tarot deck for AST. It would be stupid, yes. But the best kind of stupid.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Cleretic posted:

The era his speech pattern is from is when there were only 6 cards in a deck.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Dareon posted:

I'm a little sad that the game doesn't simulate an entire tarot deck for AST. It would be stupid, yes. But the best kind of stupid.

52 cards, but all of them are +4.5% damage with a different icon

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I remember some guy on my server who was ESL and playing in English to boost his skills and being utterly lost anytime Urianger showed up.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Have they said what's different with the final version of adventurer plates in 6.2?

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

Special site's been updated with some new stuff. Some highlights:
Tome set:

Crafted set:

(paging Wrestlepig)

New accessory:

New minion:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Is that a different set of wings than what drops from maps?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Macaluso posted:

I was wondering the same thing

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Macaluso posted:

Same model, different color.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Macaluso posted:

They should have linked the parasol animation, because it appears that is what we’re getting for fashion accessories; animations.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Just learned you can skip the maze on the Ultima fight if your entire alliance is full of dps gods

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

Maguoob posted:

They should have linked the parasol animation, because it appears that is what we’re getting for fashion accessories; animations.

Umbrella dance!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The new dungeon should have new armorsets, right?

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

"You are familiar with the War of the Lions, no?"

Oh my loving god I love that story.

"No no not that War of the Lions, I mean this other one that's totally different with the same name."

That might be ok I guess.

"Ramza and Montblanc are huge dickheads."

Oh... Well those alliance raids were gorgeous! I bet this will have a big impact on our war against the Garleans. Ivalice seems big and will be a great ally to have. Can't wait to see where this goes.

Then Shadowbringers started. Maybe I'll get to visit in EW or a future expac.

Heran Bago fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Aug 18, 2022

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Quote != edit

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Heran Bago posted:

Quote != edit

Generally, don't expect side quest raid stuff to matter to the msq.

CT being the main exception of course, you'll find.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Though side quest stuff can influence other side quests; you have to do Ivalice to unlock the Shadowbringers relic quests, for example.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Generally, don't expect side quest raid stuff to matter to the msq.

CT being the main exception of course, you'll find.

That's a shame. The HW and StB raids feel like they should have some impact on the world or where the overall story goes. I'm guessing different writers?

Also like, are Alexander, Omega and Eden not going to come up again? If so I feel kind of silly holding off on post ShB to finish those up.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Macaluso posted:

From the Island Sanctuary store, it would seem. Translation of the store they showed on the live letter:

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

alex and omega will crop pop up in importance here and there, although mostly in further side content. eden doesn't really, but I'd suggest doing it in parallel to shadowbringers postgame anyway.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Heran Bago posted:

Also like, are Alexander, Omega and Eden not going to come up again? If so I feel kind of silly holding off on post ShB to finish those up.

Two of those have come up since. The third hasn't yet, but has a very good chance to.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Regalingualius posted:

Though side quest stuff can influence other side quests; you have to do Ivalice to unlock the Shadowbringers relic quests, for example.

This is also very true. The StB 8 man raid is just now having side quest continuation in EW and soon the HW 24 man will too.

So side quests will be referenced in side quests, but almost never in the MSQ.

Heran Bago posted:

That's a shame. The HW and StB raids feel like they should have some impact on the world or where the overall story goes. I'm guessing different writers?

One out of the three, yes

Omega just got some quests in EW!
E: apparently I've forgotten Alexander's follow up entirely.

TheWorldsaStage fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Aug 18, 2022

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass

FuturePastNow posted:

From the Island Sanctuary store, it would seem. Translation of the store they showed on the live letter:

poo poo there are haircuts, now I have to do the island.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

That's kind of a bummer but good to know wrt stakes. Don't have to worry about bad guys getting a hold of Alexander or whatever in the MSQ.

Thank you for the straightforward and honest explanations.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Heran Bago posted:

That's kind of a bummer but good to know wrt stakes. Don't have to worry about bad guys getting a hold of Alexander or whatever in the MSQ.

Thank you for the straightforward and honest explanations.

Of course! And I get it, I felt the same way, but they have to write the MSQ as if no one does the side content. (Again, Crystal Tower being the huge bolded exception cause Ishikawa)

Still the sidequests are all good self contained stories and expands world lore so they're still absolutely worth doing, and add little cameos and added dialogue in EW!

Also like Vitamean said also ties into relics here and there if that's your jam

TheWorldsaStage fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Aug 18, 2022

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
They'll still write the MSQ as if the side content still occurred though for the most part. Like why Gaius skips out in Endwalker. And the Ivalice events basically detail out what's going on in FFXIV's version of Dalmasca and the IVth legion, which we're unlikely to actually go to in the future but there's always an opening there considering characters keep saying we'll meet again. They just won't opening reference it barring a few things here and there.

The 8-man raids serve as the character arcs for Cid and friends in particular, with Shadowbringers weaving that into Bozja.

Allarion fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Aug 18, 2022

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

TheWorldsaStage posted:

E: apparently I've forgotten Alexander's follow up entirely.

End of 5.0 stuff
The knowledge Cid and the Ironworks crew gained from being involved with Alex and Omega stuff was key to the whole time travel to another shard plan. It comes up in the datalogs on the ground in The Twinning, and the dungeon's boss was basically a model of Alexander they created to help make the plan work. You basically get sent in to destroy it so that nobody else can try to do anything funny with the technology.

Not 100% sure on the details here so would appreciate any corrections or additional info.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

iPodschun posted:

End of 5.0 stuff
The knowledge Cid and the Ironworks crew gained from being involved with Alex and Omega stuff was key to the whole time travel to another shard plan. It comes up in the datalogs on the ground in The Twinning, and the dungeon's boss was basically a model of Alexander they created to help make the plan work. You basically get sent in to destroy it so that nobody else can try to do anything funny with the technology.

Not 100% sure on the details here so would appreciate any corrections or additional info.

Thank you!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

side content can also influence small dialogue changes or events in other quests. it's neat enough that I think it's worth doing blue quests as you see them unless you're just not having fun with that branch of content, cause it's kinda cute to see an npc you recognize from a job quest eons ago pop up in zadnor or something.