Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
ha ha, silly me, expecting the best case scenario.

no, he really did break 13 ribs and broke his shoulderblade in two places. 6 ribs on one side, 7 ribs on the other. apparently while in shock he was able to get himself inside, sit in his recliner, and fall asleep. when he woke up, he called a cab(which to me is one of the wildest parts of this incident, taking a cab with 13 broken ribs). I thought he might've fractured them, but no, apparently they've already done the xrays and stuff and have confirmed it's all broken bones, not just fractures. jesus. at least he's in the hospital now and feeling much better on god knows what kind of painkillers they have him on.

edit: no, wait, actually got to speak with the emergency staff in charge of him, all of his ribs ARE fractures, it's just the scapula that is a full multi-part break. but also it's 17 ribs fractured, not 13, so that's a bit worse. yeah, not great. he's on helluva painkillers so he's doing okay though.

I have a plan to help him stay occupied since he won't be able to move much. I'll link to the thread here when I make it.

edit: link to the thread

Captain Invictus has a new favorite as of 01:55 on Jul 6, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Left my running belt in the gym with my ID and $50 in it. Hopefully who ever took it shows up on cctv but still pretty mad at myself for being so stupid.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I log onto facebook for the first time in ages to reconnect with some friends I haven't talked to in a while only to find out one of them was killed in a car accident a few weeks ago

the last month has just been loving stellar

Red is Dead
Apr 28, 2008

The great and devious UltraMantis Black hides from no man, woman, beast, or unearthly spirit.
The old man woke up this morning with pains down his left arm and in his chest. Confirmed heart attack.

After his first one (and triple heart bypass) in November of 92. So we’ve got experience.

Docs say one his arteries calcified to such a point that it just didn’t work, so they’re going to stent him up Monday.

He’s in the best possible place for treatment and recovery, but it still sucks fat donkey dick, and brings back memories of ill health I don’t really want right about now.

And now I have to tell my daughter about pops after her day out with mummy.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I mean no disrespect when I say this, but be grateful you had the opportunity to save him. I wish I had that with my stepdad.

Mom is home and really sad, she hates being so weak and confused, she's improving slowly day by day, but it's still weighing on her. She's on a variety of pills, she just took like a dozen at once (I have no idea how she can do that). Once the antibiotics run out hopefully she'll be able to go down to a reasonable amount of prescriptions.

Last night, or rather this morning at 3:30am, I was woken by my dogs flipping the gently caress out. I stepped out of my bedroom to hear some frankly terrifying wheezing scream coming from outside, repeatedly. I grabbed my ridiculously powerful LED flashlight and poked my head out the second story window, and there was this COLOSSAL coyote standing a few feet from my back door, making that awful, chilling sound. It just looked up at me and stared. I went to take a picture of it but it booked it into the edge of the forest while I got my camera. This sucks because I've been planning on getting a dog proof fence so my dogs can run free in the back yard, but if we've got coyotes the size of black labs casually, fearlessly wandering in my neighborhood, I'm going to need to either get a gun or get a coyote-proof fence which will be much more expensive.

The way the fucker just stared at me without fear is real bad, they shouldn't be that unafraid, it feels like it might have made this area its territory. I've never seen a coyote that big before.

Captain Invictus has a new favorite as of 18:50 on Jul 9, 2022

Red is Dead
Apr 28, 2008

The great and devious UltraMantis Black hides from no man, woman, beast, or unearthly spirit.

Captain Invictus posted:

I mean no disrespect when I say this, but be grateful you had the opportunity to save him. I wish I had that with my stepdad.

I’m grateful for every day since 92, I’ve been able to spend in his presence. No disrespect taken from your message, and thanks for your words.

Hope your situation improves as much as it can in the coming days.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Jesus loving Christ dude how many Gods have you pissed off? Stay safe Invictus family.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
Just learned that a longtime friend's husband died of a heart attack a week ago. Horrible for her; they have a kid, he was only maybe forty? Also, I've known more people to die this year than all my entire life combined and then doubled and doubled again and gently caress maybe doubled again. My grandmother has had to attend so many funerals, this last one we went to was such a casual event, it was funny how we were all like, oh hey, good to see you again since the last time I saw you last weekend

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

My favourite college lecturer died this morning after fighting Motor Neuron Disease for 2 years.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Inceltown posted:

Jesus loving Christ dude how many Gods have you pissed off? Stay safe Invictus family.

No loving poo poo, I swear if he bought a lotto ticket, everyone else would win somehow.

Maybe Invictus needs to counter this poo poo. I recommend a sacrifice; get to Costco, buy a $5 rotissorie chicken, take it home, take off the rubberband, offer one leg up to the sky, then eat everything else but the bones. Leave that poo poo for the coyotes. Feel free to lace it with Exlax or just pour baker's chocolate on it to gently caress up their stomachs.

My lovely day moment is merely that I have two cat scratches on my arm, and every time they get close to healing, I keep ripping them open. It's like I can't stand the sight of scabs.

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe
At the doctors’ office and 95% of the people in the crowded waiting room are not masked. It’s an allergist/whatever waiting room so everyone is sneezy or snotty and gross. The office staff are running late so I had to wait a half hour in the miasma before I could get my shots and I have to wait another half hour afterwards so they can monitor me for a reaction :argh:

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

I have a camera crew job tomorrow morning halfway up the country. Today I woke up feeling super rundown with a sore throat and achy joints. It’s too little notice to pull out of the job or find a replacement and I need the money, but I’m really not looking forward to being sick as a dog tomorrow during the 8-hour car ride

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

It's 6 in the morning and I haven't slept because I've got this wonderful nausea and abdominal pain that I suspect is kidney stones. It's less painful sitting up, but I don't have any furniture to make attempting to sleep sitting up possible. Dug out a hydrocodone from my emergency stash of leftover prescriptions and praying it'll help.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Pretty sure someone who swore up and down he was going to buy my old TV off of me is about to flake on me. I really could have used the money.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

My child is autistic, has ADHD and might have further undiagnosed mental issues. Some days are better than others. This, so far, is not one of the good ones. Asking her to do anything at all leads to screaming and/or hitting.

She's getting therapy and that seems to be helping, but we've also been cycling medications and the meds seem to bring out her aggression more than they help her concentrate. And it feels like they've undone months of therapy to create good habits even now that she's off them.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
If she's taking Adderall, in my personal experience, *stop that one ASAP*. Adderall made me, to quote my mother, 'mean'.
It also might be worth getting her tested for mood disorders. In my case it's type 2 bipolar.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Goonhusband and I had booked a GoCar for 3 days so we could go to a wedding tomorrow where he’s the best man. Went to collect the car from the collection point at 6pm, only to see on the booking app that the car is 50 kilometers away and isn’t moving. Booking app has no button for ‘where the gently caress is my car?’ so I have to phone their help desk, which from previous experience over the last year has not been a good one. Calls to their help desk either don’t go through at all or you’re left waiting on hold after dregging through dozens of options to find the ‘I wanna talk to a human’ option. After 9 attempts to get through, I was left on hold for 45 minutes without ever getting through to someone. No staff, no answer (app says the help desk is open until 10pm but I’m calling bullshit on that).

Cancelled the booking, and now goonhusband and I have to get the bus AND a taxi to the wedding venue and back again for almost double the price of the booked car.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Astrofig posted:

If she's taking Adderall, in my personal experience, *stop that one ASAP*. Adderall made me, to quote my mother, 'mean'.
It also might be worth getting her tested for mood disorders. In my case it's type 2 bipolar.

She is. Or I should say was. We've tried a couple of different varieties of it and the end result was a lot more irritability and even outright physical aggression at the end of the day.

May as well say, bi-polar is something we're considering as I have a family member with it. Other undiagnosed issues on my father's side are likely, judging from things we know about his parents.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Yeah, it would definitely be a good idea to get that checked for then, it could save you and her both a lot of pain and heartache later on. I hope the best for you guys.

Content: I woke up sick, realized last night that it will probably never be financially possible forme to buy a home, and I killed my good earbuds by dropping them tin the sink. Today is gonna be *great* /s

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

My glasses broke today. I don't have a spare pair. I can get around well enough, but I am extremely nearsighted, so there are some things I just can't do now until I get a new pair.

and remember to buy some spares this time

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
The person who relieves me at 7am is out of town and told no one so they had no replacement lined up, and my supervisor and the account manager sure are taking their sweet-rear end time finding one.
And they had such a good run of being reliable, too. [Resets 'Days Since Mal's Last Job gently caress-Up' sign]

MagpieConcept
Feb 6, 2022

Astrofig posted:

I don't think it's a good idea to tell people which medications to take or not if you're not their doctor. The medication that pulled me out of suicidal depression gave my best friend the exact opposite reaction. Different meds work differently for different people.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

I got laid off today. Technically furloughed, but everyone can see the writing on the walls, and the company is clearly in its death throes.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Every single time I think there's a chance I might be able to buy a house or even a condo it gets bought out from under me. I'm starting to lose hope.

GoodyTwoShoes
Oct 26, 2013
I have confirmed that I am now allergic to watermelon. Is that even legal? How can I be an American and be allergic to watermelon????

Small blister type reaction, thank goodness.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

I don't think it is legal and will be reporting you to the authorities

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
https://i.imgur.com/GayUhXU.mp4

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Lufthitler cancelled a return flight months in advance, making the entire trip impossible. On the plus side, money saved and we won't all die of ultracovid?

Still, gently caress that garbage airline.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

My face is dry and rough in patches and I can't figure out why. I've tried everything short of medication but it's ugly and embarrassing.

I drink the water, I moisturize. What more do you want???

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Inzombiac posted:

My face is dry and rough in patches and I can't figure out why. I've tried everything short of medication but it's ugly and embarrassing.

I drink the water, I moisturize. What more do you want???

This sounds like either psoriasis or folliculitis. I’m not a doctor but I’ve had both of these conditions despite moisturising and everything short of pouring a bucket of water over my head every 15 minutes.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Someone hire meeeeeee! I am throwing out applications at anyone who even looks like they're hiring. I have completely open availability because I am completely jobless! Arrrrgh!

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
One of my managers is no longer a manager as of this week due to a movement to another job and another has gone on holiday for a week, so we have half the managers and today was SO busy. We got totally backed up and so many things I asked for just never got done.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

I'm effectively blind in my right eye due to cataracts. The surgeon just called me and cancelled my surgery because he's going on vacation. I'm rescheduled for a month later. Yay another 40 or so days of this poo poo. :sigh:

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
I had to put my cat of 16 years down yesterday. He rapidly deteriorated and was very near death when I brought him in anyway. I know it was the right thing to do, but that doesn't make it suck any less.

We got him just after he could be away from his mom. He was a tiny little fluffball that fit in my shoe.

He was the last thing my wife and I had left from when we didn't have a house, kids, many bills, tons of responsibility, etc.

I love you, Gizmo. You were the most chill cat ever.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Cats named Gizmo are inherently awesome,I'm sorry for your loss.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

It didn't really ruin my day, but I was a little pissed today when I found out that our new athletic director (who is also the football coach) got the high school to quit issuing mid-term grades so the athletes can only lose eligibility every 9 weeks instead of 4.5. It's mostly so his pet project football team (which he believes it's success is pivotal in revitalizing the poverty-stricken town) won't lose players as they go 0-10 again this year.

So now they will go 8.5 weeks without any accountability and then all their teachers will get a barrage of emails two days before the grading period is over begging to make up all the work they didn't do. Of course, it's not all of the team, but almost every year there's 15-20 football players constantly on the fence for eligibility and I feel we're setting them up for failure as far as academics go. I also wouldn't put grade-fixing past this AD either.

When his football team goes undefeated and for some reason brings in industry, lots of jobs and fixes the meth problem as he somehow thinks, I'll eat my shorts. Otherwise, I think he's a loving nutter.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
I have a trip coming up in exactly a week but the emails regarding my flights and hotel booking seem to have disappeared and I'm very much freaking out.

Le Faye Morgaine
Feb 1, 2022
Neighbor keeps coming over trying to touch me and my mom and its really gross. Calling the penis police stat.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
uh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yaffle
Sep 15, 2002

Flapdoodle
My knees hurt and are garbage, it's really frustrating.