Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Toph Bei Fong posted:

I'd love to see a revised and powered up version of Fallen Empires, with, like, legendary versions of Ebon Praetor and Hand of Justice, new versions of Thelon, Tourach, and Endrek Thar, maybe a boros Oliver Farrel who partners with orzov Sianna and brings back Afflict in an inversion of the old Mantle, or an azorious Tymolin Loneglade, a doubled faced Tev Loneglade/Tevesh Szat in the style of the Origins planewalkers, maybe some treasure interacting Icatians, like Stockbrokers ("Sac a treasure to put a stock counter on ~, remove a stock counter to put two treasure token into play; use only one of these abilities per turn") or Moneylenders ("Tap ~ to put a treasure into play. Doesn't untap normally. Untap by sacrificing two treasure tokens. Does 2 damage to the player each upkeep if tapped unless they pay 2. ~ cannot attack, block, or be sacrificed")...

Make a legend for the giant bunny from Ebon Praetor and I'm in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I wonder if it's the Encore set they teased back in June. The one that they were keeping secret since it flowed directly from the results of Dominaria United and Brother's War. Maybe it's a non-standard featuring iconic cards slightly twisted due to the effects of the time shenanigans.

Or just a reprint draft set to remind everyone of those iconic cards before they start showing off the twisted versions.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Aug 18, 2022

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
https://twitter.com/wizards_magic/status/1560281725334425600?s=21&t=Il7zYs3mbxy4Sdr_cavdPQ

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Oh holy poo poo

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

GoutPatrol posted:

Somehow, the Demons returned. boom, nailed it

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Hell yeah.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

https://www.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/comments/wr4uhj/dmu_wizards_via_instagram_teasing_a_lilliana/ikqegkp/?context=3

quote:

If Lilliana of the Veil gets reprinted into both Standard and Pioneer, I'll eat my playset of Verdant Catacombs

EDIT: At this point I'm very unconfident about my prediction, but I made a promise and I intend to keep it

Edit: bigly version

i never liked the original art. like this one better

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god

:chanpop:

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

Toph Bei Fong posted:

I'd love to see a revised and powered up version of Fallen Empires, with, like, legendary versions of Ebon Praetor and Hand of Justice, new versions of Thelon, Tourach, and Endrek Thar, maybe a boros Oliver Farrel who partners with orzov Sianna and brings back Afflict in an inversion of the old Mantle, or an azorious Tymolin Loneglade, a doubled faced Tev Loneglade/Tevesh Szat in the style of the Origins planewalkers, maybe some treasure interacting Icatians, like Stockbrokers ("Sac a treasure to put a stock counter on ~, remove a stock counter to put two treasure token into play; use only one of these abilities per turn") or Moneylenders ("Tap ~ to put a treasure into play. Doesn't untap normally. Untap by sacrificing two treasure tokens. Does 2 damage to the player each upkeep if tapped unless they pay 2. ~ cannot attack, block, or be sacrificed")...

From your lips to MaRo’s ears, friend - my spore counter decks are getting a bit stale

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Idk anything about any formats meta but LotV seems like an absurd card.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

good, now all they have to do is print smallpox and wasteland into standard and we're in business

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
Oh wow. I can see LotV being a house in Standard.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

which one of you sickos is going to live post the stream itt so I don't have to

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Awesome

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

big cummers ONLY posted:

It’s a great card but it’s not like, overpowered or anything

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

I feel like black is SUPER strong in a BUNCH of formats right now. Rakdos is 2 of the best decks in Explorer and Historic, its good in Standard too. I wonder if she's even strong enough to see play

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Maybe it's the outfit from The Last Hope, but it looks like Olivia Gobert-Hicks was the model for the art.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

big cummers ONLY posted:

Back when I played I had a golgari liliana of the veil / predator ooze / pack rat deck that I won some local tourneys with. It was a very fun card.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I like the new art way better than the old.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

A Moose posted:

I feel like black is SUPER strong in a BUNCH of formats right now. Rakdos is 2 of the best decks in Explorer and Historic, its good in Standard too. I wonder if she's even strong enough to see play

She is but it's not as slam dunk as it would have been a while back. The 3cmc slot in those decks are absolutely packed with insane cards.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Fuuuuuuck wow

Now I don't have to run the 4 mana lili from m21 that's just a bad version of LoTV in my B devotion deck

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Y'all ready to cringe!?

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

RC Cola posted:

Back when I played I had a golgari liliana of the veil / predator ooze / pack rat deck that I won some local tourneys with. It was a very fun card.

Is it just the pure value for 3 mana? Seems like it's guaranteed to give card or board advantage with a good shot at getting both. Does it enable combos?

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

We can’t be far from Bilbo Baggins being able to equip a lightsaber.

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Reading chat on this stream heartens me to know I'm not the only one sick of Alchemy at this point.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Scene cards really sell the idea of WotC really trying to get the o0s collectible card bubble back.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

love the way modern product presentations are shot and edited and scored. like it's a documentary of the most important time in history

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

mcmagic posted:

Y'all ready to cringe!?

that's my secret mcmagic... I'm never ready

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

I missed the first couple of minutes but they announced a Lord of the Rings set for next summer, Modern legal and draftable, with an Alchemy treatment for Arena like Baldurs Gate did.

Then they talked about some new D&D thing, and now commander with Post Malone

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

WOTC loves pointing out that Post Malone plays Magic so much

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

I have to admit the prospect of playing a Beta draft is really fuckin cool

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
Lol, was that Radha on a motorcycle?

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Having just sort of encountered it incidentally, "Drist" is not how I've ever pronounced that name in my head.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

upcoming secret lair art. just thought it looked neat

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Old news we already knew about the Magic 30 event and the old card promos that you'll get at prereleases.

Some Secret Lairs come out uhhh soon?

A bunch of drizzt stuff (d&d, didn't pay attention)

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Huxley posted:

Having just sort of encountered it incidentally, "Drist" is not how I've ever pronounced that name in my head.

I always pronounced his name like I was making an electric shock sound.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Is it proper to call it Warhammer Forty Thousand? I thought Forty K was proper but maybe I've been using Games Workshop unapproved slang

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

I'm no 40K expert, but all of those factions they mentioned sounded pretty much the same.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lone Goat posted:

I missed the first couple of minutes but they announced a Lord of the Rings set for next summer, Modern legal and draftable, with an Alchemy treatment for Arena like Baldurs Gate did.

They announced that a while back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Oh boy… Doctor Who lol