Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

drat Selesnya Compleated Ajani and Jaya gets murdered card...........

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Holy loving poo poo I laughed so hard at that final shot.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

I want to Ult Ajani and kill my opponent with poison.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

kalel posted:

New mechanic: Enlist

We don't usually, or maybe don't ever see the words summoning sickness on cards, even in reminder text?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

A Moose posted:

Its like more limited Exalted

what

it's exalted on crack

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

first new card showed up (i think this is new)

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Art from the big finale set has Baral, Dina, Borbogrymos and some kamigawa dragon teaming up with Chandra

https://imgur.com/6BYePJl

Sure, why not. War of the Spark was a pretty good comic book event style pileup.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Strong Sauce posted:

Assassin's Creed reskin cards when??? :v:

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Lone Goat posted:

Congratulations to MTG for existing long enough to generate its own nostalgia, makes it much easier to rake in those nostalgia bucks off the thing from decades ago that many people were sick of at the time.

It's like that old quote about the flaws in a medium (VHS tracking, record needle hiss, etc) being what people are fondest of.

Hell I'm not above it either, I loved all the references in Time Spiral and hope the Braids card is cool, gimme da slop please.

this is pretty much every adult playing magic. i started in middle school and just keep hopping in and out every couple years.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

Strong Sauce posted:

This seems like a great way to become the Archenemy!

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Jhoira seems loving nuts

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

fatherboxx posted:

Art from the big finale set has Baral, Dina, Borbogrymos and some kamigawa dragon teaming up with Chandra

Sure, why not. War of the Spark was a pretty good comic book event style pileup.

Well, that explains the font of the set name.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I read Ajanis + and - and was like "that's just normal ajani stuff" but that ult is pretty wild.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Cactrot posted:

We don't usually, or maybe don't ever see the words summoning sickness on cards, even in reminder text?

I don't think we've seen summoning sickness on a card since they stopped calling creatures summons.
I know it was removed from the rules (with the exception of a glossary explaination)

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

I feel this is going to get banned in commander due to sheer levels of salt. imagine attacking the weakest player and them packing it in means everyone else at the table also loses.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
New Keyword counter seems to be "Stun" (doesn't untap, remove counter instead)

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

New mechanic: Stun counters!

If this permanent would be untapped, remove a stun counter instead. Solves the memory issue of "did you ray of frost my guy last turn or the one before?" Also lets you put multiple stun counters on a permanent, so it doesn't untap for 2 or even 3 turns. Also interacts with proliferate, and weirdly, Heartless Act

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

I wonder how many more 'gain indestructible till eot, tap it' we'll get. Fun throw back to regenerate

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

A Moose posted:

New mechanic: Stun counters!

If this permanent would be untapped, remove a stun counter instead. Solves the memory issue of "did you ray of frost my guy last turn or the one before?" Also lets you put multiple stun counters on a permanent, so it doesn't untap for 2 or even 3 turns. Also interacts with proliferate, and weirdly, Heartless Act

People will insist this is the same as Exert, but it isn't.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

fatherboxx posted:

Esika ain't dead :unsmith:

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:

The goblin was too stunned to speak

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
Would like to know how stun counters interact with the untap symbol

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
TIme to get stun locked.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Barry Shitpeas posted:

Would like to know how stun counters interact with the untap symbol

The same way Devoted Durid combo works: The creature instead doesn't untap when you pay the cost.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

yeah, the next time you untap, instead, you don't, and remove a counter instead. So you can't untap, so you can't pay the cost until the counters are gone

If the effect was untapping, it would remove a counter, but i think since it's in the cost, it doesn't work like that

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
So where is force of will being reprinted? The set symbol is different

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

A Moose posted:

yeah, the next time you untap, instead, you don't, and remove a counter instead. So you can't untap, so you can't pay the cost until the counters are gone

Like with Devoted Druid / Vizier of Remedieseven if you don't take the action required to pay the cost, the game still sees that you've paid the cost.
Which means you can pay the cost by removing a counter instead of untapping.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Looks like it's just six of the pain lands... are they going for a six-four split like they did with the pathways?

And the special basics:

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

ilmucche posted:

So where is force of will being reprinted? The set symbol is different

Dominaria remastered I think.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Weird to only be getting like 6 of the pain lands back.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
Time to brew up an infinite mana => infinite stun counters on Gilder Bairn combo

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

wizards really leaning into the MCU aesthetic huh

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Even weirder that three of the remaining four have generic names (Battlefield Forge could be on any plane) but the fourth is Llanowar Wastes???

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

This is demoralizing and i like it

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Barry Shitpeas posted:

Time to brew up an infinite mana => infinite stun counters on Gilder Bairn combo

Thanks. I hate it.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

products/collecting article
https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/collecting-dominaria-united-2022-08-18

mechanics article
https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/dominaria-united-mechanics-2022-08-18

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

wizards really leaning into the MCU aesthetic huh

And we thought oath was their Infinity War...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

kalel posted:

Looks like it's just six of the pain lands... are they going for a six-four split like they did with the pathways?

Rip little fella from Sulphurous springs
Still fartin'