Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Ayudo posted:

https://twitter.com/CharlesRobinson/status/1560298622994063368?t=ZBNPuKqRJ5OXlbygCEbWWA&s=19

Just a laughable effort by the NFL to thread the needle. Good job Goodell.

Wow, the multi-billion dollar assets, the Browns and the NFL, donate a whole $1M. Truly courageous.

gently caress all 3 of them.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

corn on the cop posted:

lol you loving dipshit cowards

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Lol goodell wanted to appear toigh on crime so he added five games.

Who does he think this will please that six wouldn’t?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Looool

Watson has already made a statement saying he wasn't apologizing for doing anything wrong he was just apologizing for people who were upset. The decision's been as special for like 15 minutes and he's already put that on the record.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1560302728764588034?t=6RlDIPPkXQknGNdCNkCpvA&s=19

Lol. Guess he can say whatever the gently caress he wants now.

gently caress the NFL.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Ayudo posted:

https://twitter.com/CharlesRobinson/status/1560298622994063368?t=ZBNPuKqRJ5OXlbygCEbWWA&s=19

Just a laughable effort by the NFL to thread the needle. Good job Goodell.

it's like reading a bill written by the dems, no one gets anything they want and there's way too many caveats

loving cowards

the money to the sexual assault prevention orgs is so loving insulting, like that's purely in the tax write off only range.

Relentlessboredomm fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Aug 18, 2022

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1560303046479040520?t=aSHg69E8mXX1K3bnfaxltQ&s=19

Just a massive piece of poo poo

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

gently caress Watson and the Browns

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

welp, spending the rest of my days cheering for both him and the browns org to be absolutely decimated

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

On one hand he’s now off scot free so why should he being a sociopath and all even care anymore. But that being said this is like the worst possible way for him to handle this PR wise so good work NFL and NFLPA.

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

CharlestheHammer posted:

Lol goodell wanted to appear toigh on crime so he added five games.

Who does he think this will please that six wouldn’t?

Whichever TV network gets to flex Browns-Texans Week 12 for ratings.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Jimmy Haslam is speaking now.

Preemptive gently caress Jimmy Haslam.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell on Deshaun Watson suspension: "Deshaun has committed to doing the hard work on himself that is necessary for his return to the NFL"

Literally posted like a minute after Watson said he did nothing wrong.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
lol what a loving trash league

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

So. Let me get this straight. Before the independent arbitrator made her ruling the NFL offered a 12 game suspension. And now, after having him turn that down and now basically having Carte Blanche to unilaterally issue any punishment they want they give him a less severe deal.

That’s not how negotiation is supposed to work.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Lol the NFL had the option to give an indefinite suspension and essentially force him to not say this poo poo, or allow him to take them to court which forces him to behave for legal reasons, but instead they decided the basically give him a sweetheart deal and he immediately started talking poo poo.

Part of the deal is mandated treatment for an issue Watson doesn't believe he has, hopefully there's some language that says they can suspend them again for blowing off appointments.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So. Let me get this straight. Before the independent arbitrator made her ruling the NFL offered a 12 game suspension. And now, after having him turn that down and now basically having Carte Blanche to unilaterally issue any punishment they want they give him a less severe deal.

Someone probably showed them the projected ratings for Browns versus Texans.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I'm reading that 11 game suspension means 6 games played, which is the minimum to have this count as a full contract year. So 2022 will be his $1M salary year, then the Browns are on the hook for whatever stupid high number 2023 was supposed to be when he first signed.

edit: lol they deleted that tweet explaining it, so maybe not?

skaboomizzy fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Aug 18, 2022

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

lol no poo poo!

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
gently caress Watson, gently caress the Browns, gently caress the Texans, gently caress Goodell, and gently caress the NFL.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Eifert Posting posted:

Lol the NFL had the option to give an indefinite suspension and essentially force him to not say this poo poo, or allow him to take them to court which forces him to behave for legal reasons, but instead they decided the basically give him a sweetheart deal and he immediately started talking poo poo.

Part of the deal is mandated treatment for an issue Watson doesn't believe he has, hopefully there's some language that says they can suspend them again for blowing off appointments.

Oh he’s 100% going to those appointments. Like mandatory driving classes after a DUI

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Harlock posted:

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell on Deshaun Watson suspension: "Deshaun has committed to doing the hard work on himself that is necessary for his return to the NFL"

Literally posted like a minute after Watson said he did nothing wrong.

the necessary work of kissing Goodell's ring.

Nov 6, 2002

We're about 6-12 months away from Watson getting married and beginning the family man apologia redemption tour in 2023. Bookmark this post.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I'm a Texans fan and even I am disgusted with how much they're being ignored (and in fact, largely benefitting) from this whole thing. It's gross.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

:laffo: So instead of the guy starting to show a fraction of the contrition he should be he’s willingly reframing it as a “Sorry you woke snowflakes were offended :smuggo:” now that his punishment has been handed down and he’s scot free once it’s concluded?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1560309913791827968?s=20&t=5RP7-yRJaBains1UazDsrQ

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Jimmy is really good at this

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Wow.

gently caress the Browns. Disgusting, disgusting franchise. I guess it's fitting that they're named after poo poo.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I’m really not sure how the NFL could botch this any harder but I’m confident that they’re gonna try.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I’m really not sure how the NFL could botch this any harder but I’m confident that they’re gonna try.

NFL Comeback Player of the Year

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

bobjr posted:

NFL Comeback Player of the Year

ewww

Nov 6, 2002

NVP

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I kind of want to see a Browns game with Watson scheduled for Nickelodeon and all the fun slime graphics they use just for the trainwreck factor.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
Fun that this drops on the same day.

https://defector.com/why-your-team-sucks-2022-cleveland-browns/

The shield is awful but I'm still going to watch football :(

Nov 6, 2002

“I think in this country, people deserve second chances,” Haslam told reporters. “Is he never supposed to play again? Is he no longer supposed to be part of society? That’s what we’re going to do. We gave Kareem Hunt a second chance and that worked out pretty well.

of course

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

“I think in this country, people deserve second chances,” Haslam told reporters. “Is he never supposed to play again? Is he no longer supposed to be part of society? That’s what we’re going to do. We gave Kareem Hunt a second chance and that worked out pretty well.

of course

Isn’t he demanding a trade?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

We're about 6-12 months away from Watson getting married and beginning the family man apologia redemption tour in 2023. Bookmark this post.

And 12-18 months from Watson being accused by a nanny or babysitter.

He’s almost certainly going to do this again to some poor woman :smith:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I have never wanted an injury to a player in my life. Not really. But that ends today. gently caress that motherfucker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Oh good he's gets back just in time for the Browns/Texans game huh

Really feeling the NFL lay down the hammer here :jerkbag: