Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Flayer posted:

With 7 complainants there is no defense unless they can prove some kind of conspiracy. Should have taken whatever plea deal was available, his football career is over regardless because he's going away for a while.

Don't forget he did it more than once after he had already been arrested for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightbulb Grease
Aug 9, 2006

Oh, hi girls. Tom Cruise here.
Soiled Meat
Walk on through the wind
Walk on through the rabbies

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Dying of rabbies sounds pretty rough

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Of all the things to wish on someone, rabies??

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Sandwolf posted:

Of all the things to wish on someone, rabies??

To be fair, rabies seems like a horrific way to go

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Is that Ryan Veitch drinking a glass of Ribena in his profile pic?

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
He’s a dog, you see

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
https://sports.yahoo.com/man-utd-legend-giggs-cites-162153819.html

quote:

Former Manchester United footballer Ryan Giggs, on trial for assaulting and coercively controlling an ex-girlfriend, told a UK court Wednesday that his record of one sending off in a 24-year career showed he was not prone to violence

Guess that's settled then

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

That's actually his defence?

Like cross examination question 1 : "So how many women did you play professional football against Mr Giggs?"

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Also how many footballers had the opportunity to piss him off by loading the dishwasher incorrectly according to his rules

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Whom among us does not recognise Giggs's homage to Alex Ferguson's famous dishwasher treatment

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

if the jury is truly supposed to be of your peers, then it should be 12 professional footballers who would nod knowingly when told that fact by the defence

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Finding out he gets mad about the dishwasher being loaded badly is the closest I've ever come to empathy with Giggs, but then I read on and found out he was running it 4 times a day and he was upset about the direction the spoons were facing and he's just completely unhinged

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

Liverpool is owned by American private equity

Liverpool is owned by a company who lent their jet to the CIA to perform extraordinary renditions and torture.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
He would run the whole dishwasher cycle again because the spoons were the "wrong way round"? Lock this psycho up

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
No it was running multiple times a day and he was getting wound up that much about the spoons every time

This is the athletics write up of that bit

the athletic posted:

What about the dishwasher?
This has been another running theme of the trial.

Greville has alleged she was treated like “a slave” and that her boyfriend would berate and humiliate her because of the way she loaded the dishwasher.

When this was put to Giggs, he admitted the dishwasher was the source of many issues and mentioned his daughter, Libby, and her boyfriend, Jacob, were also staying with the couple during lockdown.

“We would get up, make juices, me and Kate. Two hours later, Jacob would get up. He would be cooking. The dishwasher would be on three or four cycles a day. I would be opening the dishwasher and the glasses and tablespoons would be the wrong way round. It used to wind me up. I would call a team meeting — it was not just Kate but everyone. I would say, ‘Listen, can you please put the tablespoons the right way round?’. It wasn’t a big argument, it was just how I explained it.”

Giggs was asked whether he really called it a team meeting.

“Yes,” said Giggs, and for the first time, he was laughing. “Because after a time I’d be, ‘That’s enough, I’m sick of it’, filling up the dishwasher 24/7.”

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
This is what I read

The Independent posted:

Mr Giggs insisted there had been “no big arguments” but said he was “wound up” by the way people in the house loaded the dishwasher.

“I would be opening the dishwasher and the tablespoons would be the wrong way round,” he told the court.

“It would wind me up because I would have to do it again so I called a team meeting and just said, ‘Everyone, can you please put the tablespoons the right way round.’

“It wasn’t a big argument, it was just how I explained it.”

What we need is a goddamn court transcript to solve this whole thing.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

i want to know if it’s spoons with the handle upwards or downwards or if it’s that he always wants the curved side facing left or right

it’s probably neither he’s just an abusive psycho and anything would be a good enough reason mind

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
You would thought with a dishwasher it wouldn't matter.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
I'm more interested in the glasses. Did his family repeatedly put the glasses in right ways up so they fill up with gross water every time?

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

mendy bragging that he’s slept with 10,000 women is probably some iso9000 thing trying to justify that the rapes are such a small percentage that they should be forgiven

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Jippa posted:

You would thought with a dishwasher it wouldn't matter.

Oh, you've just scratched the surface of a great debate.

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/consumer/great-dishwasher-debate-load-knives-forks-or-down-n393981

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
My dishwasher has a whole level just for the cutlery...and they all lie sideways :twisted:

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I get more wound up by my housemate loading cutlery in the front of the cutlery basket so I either have to open the dishwasher and pull out the whole drawer or reach over dirty forks to find a spot to put mine in.

But I do not care which direction they face so I'm totally normal

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

Insurrectionist posted:

My dishwasher has a whole level just for the cutlery...and they all lie sideways :twisted:

When the revolution comes, you'll be in the front of the guillotine line.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

Eric Cantonese posted:

When the revolution comes, you'll be in the front of the guillotine line.

just ask which way up they wash the guillotine blade

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
a poem that Giggs wrote was entered as evidence:

quote:

My darling Kate

Unequivocally our love was fate

I fell in love with you at first sight

I remember coz I was as high as a kite

Those beautiful eyes made me shiver

I’m not gonna lie I think of you I dream of you

Can’t help thinking pulling you was my greatest ever coo

That stomach those abs

Those pictures you send so I can keep tabs

You make me feel funny down there

Especially when you’re there and you look up and stare

I’m beginning to think you are always right

That’s okay it will keep us tight

I’m gonna end by saying you are my love my friend my soul

And most of all you believe in me, which makes me hard as a totem pole

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
No loving way lol

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Ryan Giggs is currently 48 years old

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Crying

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

trem_two posted:

a poem that Giggs wrote was entered as evidence:

Giggs has bars. Where's the mixtape?

Backdoor Delivery
Nov 15, 2004

one cool dude

2 Time TRP Sack Race Champion
Goldmine

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
I’ve never wanted anything to be true more in my life.

Backdoor Delivery
Nov 15, 2004

one cool dude

2 Time TRP Sack Race Champion
I love you more than all my Premier League appearances combined, which is a lot.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

monkeytennis posted:

I’ve never wanted anything to be true more in my life.
actual newspapers reported on it

im dying

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

quote:

During court testimony, Giggs was asked to recite the poem. He did so with a cadence that was characterized as "sing-rapping." After completing the poem, he could be heard mumbling "you're my butterfly, sugar, baby."

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I’m dead. How is this real.

JunkDeluxe
Oct 21, 2008
When Footballers Go Feral: Hard as a totem pole

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

FullLeatherJacket posted:

Ryan Giggs is currently 48 years old

'you make me feel funny down there'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I know the next line is about getting head but you can't convince me he's ever had sex