Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It was like DOOM 3/Old Prey but not as good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i liked it better than doom 3 for what that's worth, its a fun no-brain shooter

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I was thinking about installing doom eternal again on gp and buying the pass that unlocks the dlc cuz it is 50% off. Was that any good?

I really liked doom eternal, parkour and all

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

priznat posted:

I was thinking about installing doom eternal again on gp and buying the pass that unlocks the dlc cuz it is 50% off. Was that any good?

I really liked doom eternal, parkour and all

yes, very good

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
quake champions sucks but Q4 would be sweet

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
doomy ternal rocks

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Nice, worth killing time on while waiting for mw2 (news leaks)

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Feels Villeneuve posted:

quake 4 is coming to pc game pass.......

:cawg:

google posted:

no native gamepad support

:negative:

It released a couple months before MS rolled out Xinput on Windows. So close...

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

https://twitter.com/XboxGamePass/status/1560312888501288963?s=20&t=SZyIte3qYr4nbxv0kqRVsg

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
The console version of Quake 4 ran terribly but that's a problem modern xboxen can solve via BC. Hope they get around to it.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
They won’t.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Failbox.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
PC stays winning.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
I just realized I missed not only one Gears of War but actually 3, 4 and 5 of those that seem worth playing - is it worth playing them for the SP or should I just skip to 5?

Thought 1 was good and 2 was amazing, am enjoying Tactics right now

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

What is id software working on these days? Not another Rage I hope.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

priznat posted:

The next CoD 😈

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

bushisms.txt posted:

The next CoD 😈

Thicc boi operators

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

priznat posted:

Something that's not ready to announce yet, according to the Quakecon intro speech.

MachineGames, the Wolfenstein people, are working on an Indiana Jones game of all the things.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

lfg

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

lmao these achievements are all "earn x medals of type y" format, game is gonna be a 5 hour boost to get them all.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

priznat posted:

Doog Guy Kills God

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Doog Fucky

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

They should give halo to id

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Quake Champions loving stinks.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Zwille posted:

I just realized I missed not only one Gears of War but actually 3, 4 and 5 of those that seem worth playing - is it worth playing them for the SP or should I just skip to 5?

Thought 1 was good and 2 was amazing, am enjoying Tactics right now

I was in your exact shoes and skipped straight to 5. Also quit halfway through because it’s just not that impressive anymore personally. More Gears with a dumb sailboard in a level hub. Something happens after that but I’d seen enough.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

The Kins posted:

MachineGames, the Wolfenstein people, are working on an Indiana Jones game of all the things.

If I was looking for someone to make an Indie game I would definitely look at giving it to the people who just did a bunch of "lets go kill a bunch of nazi's" games first.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny

Fly Ricky posted:

I was in your exact shoes and skipped straight to 5. Also quit halfway through because it’s just not that impressive anymore personally. More Gears with a dumb sailboard in a level hub. Something happens after that but I’d seen enough.

Ya thanks, I started playing 3 and will probably just skip to 5 if I can get my buddy to join in unless it gets much better by the end of act 1 of Gears 3.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Loaded up doom eternal pc on gamepass, I forgot how good this game is. Runs so smooth and everything can just go so fast.. I’m just playing on Hurt Me Plenty though the harder levels are too brutal :haw:

Might use my ms points to get GCs for the year one addon for the dlcs!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I loved the DLC. it really REALLY hammered home my thoughts from Eternal that they wanted to make a Quake game

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Scorn is like the new Quake :haw:

(Not really but you know they would go super gross stuff with a new Quake)

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/XboxGamePassPC/status/1560582525096951810

Not on console I guess?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it's only a matter of time before someone at Sony America does too many lines and let's Microsoft put it on Xbox in exchange for .1% bigger cut of starfield PS5 paid mods money or some poo poo

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Confirmed. Available August 23rd on PC Game Pass. Not the Director's Cut, but the store page says it has the Half-Life stuff from the Steam release.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Console port is probably too much work for a version that would sell very few copies (Game Pass money wouldn't remotely cover porting costs), especially since that would likely require a new set of servers interfacing with Xbox. Despite the game's solitary nature, it does leverage the cloud quite a bit. People can somewhat anonymously donate and receive equipment (you don't control who it goes to, you make stuff up for grabs), the world is modified in various ways like footpaths are formed based on how people on your random server travel, etc.

It's also curious that it seems to be the original PC version of the game and not the Director's Cut. Fortunately, since the vanilla PC version was a later development this does include some of the new DC edition components like Hard Mode and some of the extra in-game content, it's a partway point between the PS4 version and the PS5 version.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

univbee posted:

Console port is probably too much work for a version that would sell very few copies (Game Pass money wouldn't remotely cover porting costs), especially since that would likely require a new set of servers interfacing with Xbox. Despite the game's solitary nature, it does leverage the cloud quite a bit. People can somewhat anonymously donate and receive equipment (you don't control who it goes to, you make stuff up for grabs), the world is modified in various ways like footpaths are formed based on how people on your random server travel, etc.
It's more because the game is published by Sony on consoles. The PC port has a different publisher.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Welp time to uninstall my Ps5 version

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

The Kins posted:

Confirmed. Available August 23rd on PC Game Pass. Not the Director's Cut, but the store page says it has the Half-Life stuff from the Steam release.

No Director's Cut is a bummer tbh, was looking forward to it since I already played through the original version on PS4

Although that link mentions a lot of the same stuff like frame rate that is on the Steam page for the updated version? Who knows I guess

GOOD TIMES ON METH fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Aug 19, 2022

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

The Kins posted:

It's more because the game is published by Sony on consoles. The PC port has a different publisher.

Ah yes, 505 games. I just checked on my Steam Deck and Sony Entertainment doesn't show when booting it up (505 games does), but SIE is credited at the bottom of the main menu.

Barudak posted:

Welp time to uninstall my Ps5 version

Nooo you'll lose the race track

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

No Director's Cut is a bummer tbh, was looking forward to it since I already played through the original version on PS4

There is some content in this version that isn't in the PS4 version, although probably not enough to be worth a replay on its own unless you were going to replay the game anyway.

New content in the PC version that wasn't in the PS4 version.

- Photo Mode (later added to PS4 version via patch)
- Very Hard difficulty
- Some extra side content (cosmetics to find through lost packages) relating to Half-Life and Cyberpunk 2077, I think most if not all of it can be obtained relatively early in the game

Stuff you won't get without buying the Director's Cut on PC or PS5 include:

- Ultra-wide monitor support and a cinemascope mode
- I think on the PC version there are improved DLSS and Xe modes
- New gear and structures including a package launcher and jetpack. Most of these are unlocked through new injured porter rescue missions
- Race track and related vehicles
- Firing range including weekly leaderboards
- A mission chain to an old structure that also includes some new gear like a taser (excuse me, maser) gun

It'd be worth the $10 upgrade but I suspect that won't be an option.

Also worth mentioning is that Death Stranding's PC port is very very good and runs very well on some impressively low-spec hardware. Like any PC that can run Windows 10 comfortably and has some form of gaming GPU can run the game at 1080p30, and most newer PCs will do a full 1440p144 no problem.