Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I loved the twist at the end. So much dumb action that it was easy to forget whose gold and whose list was being stolen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Bill mentioned on Twitter today that at one point they thought about doing The Amazing Bulk but rejected it.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

muscles like this! posted:

It has that Beyond Atlantis problem of guys who look exactly the same. I kept losing track of which tall beefy white guy with dark hair was doing what.

The worst part of this gag is thanks to having watched Beast of the Yellow Night too many times I can tell them apart and these dudes were the kings of Philippine movie making

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Yor: the Hunter from the Future would be more effective if they didn't give away the twist in the title of the movie.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
I love when movies try to play coy with what's actually going on in the movie when 'what's going on' is literally in the title and all the marketing of the film, e.g. the newest version of 'Firestarter'.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/RiffTrax/status/1550548733984755714

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They've been doing a lot of guest streams of the game and next Tuesday (the 2nd) they're going to do one with Trace and Frank.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Very cool!

I bought the first Max Havoc riff the other day, looks pretty wild.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

I picked this up to watch with my wife, who has been dancing for 35 years and has been a dance teacher and choreographer at various times. The movie is everything you'd expect, with wooden acting, a hamfisted love story, and young attractive people randomly dancing for no reason in every possible mundane situation.

My wife thought the dancing in the film was quite good, it's just... everything else related to the movie that sucks out loud.

Edit: To be clear, we watched the Rifftrax version of this, but I've definitely sat through a few dance-centric stinkers without the benefit of jokes, in the interest of martial harmony.

WhiteHowler fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Jul 26, 2022

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Oh no doubt, if you can ignore everything else and you enjoy people dancing this is a movie for you.
Otherwise it's amusingly flat and poorly written.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Apparently Mary Jo and Bridget are going to take on The Brain That Wouldn't Die. Jan in the Pan takes on Jan in the Pan!

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
ugh, I lost my synced copy of the Running Man riff a while ago and can't find another copy.

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
Split Second
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBH_XWxXDiI

quote:

There’s a vicious monster roaming the streets of London, eating victims’ internal organs.

When this guy orders steak and kidney pie, he says “Hold the steak and.” There’s only one man who can stop it: Harley Stone, who dresses exactly as ridiculous as you should with a name like Harley Stone.

Stone’s job is not made any easier by the fact that London is flooded due to Global Warming. This mainly means that the streets are kind of wet. Stone’s apartment is also a total mess, infested by pigeons, and he probably tries to blame this on Global Warming as well. The fact that when you hit the “Previous Channel” button on his remote it goes to scrambled Spice Network? Global Warming!!

Helping him out are his partner, Dick Durkin, whose name sounds like an embarrassing medical condition, and Kim Cattrall, who is fortunately played by Kim Cattrall. They’re forced to descend into the London sewers to confront a monster who the movie may eventually get around to showing for more than eight frames at a time.

Set your clocks to Rutger Hauer, and join Mike, Kevin, and Bill for Split Second!

Written by: Mike Nelson, Conor Lastowka, and Sean Thomason

Contributing writers: Jason Miller and Zach Shatzer.
I may or may not have stolen from this movie for a Shadowrun campaign as a kid.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

Dawgstar posted:

Apparently Mary Jo and Bridget are going to take on The Brain That Wouldn't Die. Jan in the Pan takes on Jan in the Pan!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uY87i8f8ozM
The print looks great!

quote:

Dr. Bill Cortner has been busy defying the medical community's cautions by unsuccessfully trying to transplant stolen limbs onto his lab assistant.

On a weekend getaway he drives too fast, rolls his convertible and decapitates his girlfriend Jan. As luck would have it he is able to wrap her head in his sportcoat, jog back to the lab and keep it alive in a shallow sauce pan. Now all he has to do is troll nightclubs and find her a new body!

Most girls would be grateful - but not Jan! She does nothing but complain, nag and make everything about her! She thinks Dr. Bill is “unethical” and eventually convinces the closet mutant to turn against him and help her by saying, “I'm only a head, and you're whatever you are. Together we're strong. More powerful than any of them!"

It’s enough to make you question Science!

Join Bridget and Mary Jo as they riff the timeless classic The Brain That Wouldn't Die!

Written by:

Bridget Nelson, Mary Jo Pehl, Matthew J. Elliott, Zach Shatzer

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

ccubed posted:

Split Second
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBH_XWxXDiI

I may or may not have stolen from this movie for a Shadowrun campaign as a kid.

This is a movie I unironically love even without the riffs. I remember staying up late to watch it on a free weekend of like Showtime because I didn't teenager very well.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Dawgstar posted:

This is a movie I unironically love even without the riffs. I remember staying up late to watch it on a free weekend of like Showtime because I didn't teenager very well.

I saw Split Second in the theater

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Rifftrax has redone an old MST3K short with Last Clear Chance. This is a slightly different version than the original, a little better quality and some different edits.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Why won't they look?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

verbal enema posted:

Why won't they look?

You're deep, Ernie.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tc0f1hU1XI
Rifftrax has put another free short on Youtube. This time "On Guard: Bunco" which is supposed to be helping people avoid scams. Worth watching for an appearance by the goofiest car in the world.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Watched this one before, it’s great.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://twitter.com/BillCorbett/status/1557801568061227009

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Old serials are always good for riffing. I await the humorous explanation for what SHAZAM stands for.

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

Edward Mass posted:

Old serials are always good for riffing. I await the humorous explanation for what SHAZAM stands for.

https://twitter.com/BillCorbett/status/1557432080501542912

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

I have a soft spot for the bits of the serial done in J-Men Forever.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
If you like 372 Pages but haven't been listening you owe it to yourself to listen to the first episode of Super Constitution. Just incredible, wish it could be made into a movie.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
Anybody going to the live show tonight?

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
Not in Nashville, sadly, though not for lack of trying. Would have been nice to visit that city for something other than my old lovely job.

But we're going to the local theater here. One that's never hosted it is doing so this time.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I am, I've been to every single one (with the exception of the live show that was just a clip show of previous events.)

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
This is my first one since Krull. My local theater that hosted the events shut down in 2019.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Man, what a dull movie. Even the kid who sounded like Cartman couldn’t save it.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

What was the goodies code?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

Canned Panda posted:

The first title of our main character.

(Not Alec)

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Canned Panda posted:

https://www.rifftrax.com/swamp

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Remember to drink a quart of whole milk and six teaspoons of butter every day.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
That was one of the best ones in a while. There were at least 3 different jokes that almost got a spit take out of me.

EDIT: Also that short was just unbelievable. Did they really not numb people for fillings back then or was that just the short being weird?

BaronVonVaderham fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Aug 19, 2022

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

coupon codes EGGHEAD (15%) and RAZZIE (5%)

https://vimeo.com/740939150/860a26abc1

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The loving mad dentist using tools on his and Danny's fingernails and then putting them straight back into Danny's mouth.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

That was a really good Rifftrax Live. I like that they were able to make a really impressive Swamp Thing costume (as well as most of the other mutants), but they didn't have the budget or effects to make any of his powers work other than the terrible bathtub scene.

There's something charming about how Swamp Thing is supposed to be one of those "Don't look at me! I'm a horrible freak!" superheroes, but they didn't have time to really do any of that, so he's just this incredibly chill dude to everyone he meets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Well, this was his Return.