Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Someone get that man a towelling undershirt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
Are these Delaps related or do they just look alike?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Eric Cantonese posted:

Are these Delaps related or do they just look alike?

It's Rory's son

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
https://twitter.com/David_Ornstein/status/1560250852522266625?s=20&t=FWrxirshv93lX0KWEKnbBQ

Forest must be getting close to spending £200m this window.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

44.5 million wtf

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I’ve never heard of this dude. 44.5m wtf lol

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
A morgan gibbs-white or a kalvin phillips

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
It makes a bit more sense when you see that 6 of the players they used getting promoted were loan signings who had to be replaced

Backdoor Delivery
Nov 15, 2004

one cool dude

2 Time TRP Sack Race Champion
Do those add-ons include things like winning the Champions League and Balloon Door? Because that is insane money.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Backdoor Delivery posted:

Do those add-ons include things like winning the Champions League and Balloon Door? Because that is insane money.

Probably

quote:

Forest will pay an initial fee believed to be in the region of £25m. A further £7m to £10m will be in likely add-ons, with the rest more difficult to achieve up to a maximum of £42.5m.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Steve Cooper loves Gibbs-White. He played for us I think twice before getting injured and as soon as he was fit Wolves recalled him.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
https://twitter.com/therealbozz/status/1560314622762164224

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

???
https://twitter.com/David_Ornstein/status/1560363783037542402

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
thats a lot of money for a 30 year old

https://twitter.com/AdamCrafton_/status/1560382715194908672?s=20&t=DRwiljwHtijd-Dmyd-2Q1g

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

the last guy they signed from madrid made such a huge impact, definitely go back to that well with even more money this time

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Wow United are loving mental.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

He’d be a major improvement on the current midfield though. It’s crazy money but what isn’t these days?

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
loving Dutch Neil Warnock signing all his mates. Who are the Ajax equivalent of tongey, greeny, browny and paddy

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
he's good but i wonder how he will fare with a less biased referreing. the guy deserves a red at every match he plays. antony for 80 millions though, lol

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

ETH will be manager of Ajax again, bet anything. How many millions has he given them in this transfer window?

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

the sex ghost posted:

loving Dutch Neil Warnock signing all his mates. Who are the Ajax equivalent of tongey, greeny, browny and paddy

Did you hear the Warnock audiobook excerpt on the square ball it was lol

jettisonedstuff
Apr 9, 2006

Vegetable posted:

He’d be a major improvement on the current midfield though. It’s crazy money but what isn’t these days?

Is ball winning midfielder a role players can keep doing well into their 30's? Just seems like a very, very risky deal.

Also by far the most important role in the whole team is that midfield connector role. A player who can progress the ball through the midfield is worth busting your budget for, idk if a ball winner is. I guess they're going to have a go with Eriksen as the connector, so we'll see how that goes.

I guess they're looking for a forward or two since they're short there but the top priority should be a goalkeeper who isn't petrified of the ball. There's no chance of playing out from the back with De Gea in goal. He's also just a terrible keeper in general. It's really bizarre that they can't convince anyone to join because basically anyone could take the starting keeper role almost instantly.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

jettisonedstuff posted:

Is ball winning midfielder a role players can keep doing well into their 30's? Just seems like a very, very risky deal.

Look at Fernandinho, he was basically a pensioner near the end. Casemiro can serve out a 5 year contract and still not be as old as Fernandinho was when he left Man City

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

TheRat posted:

Look at Fernandinho, he was basically a pensioner near the end. Casemiro can serve out a 5 year contract and still not be as old as Fernandinho was when he left Man City

True but his job was to stand in the centre circle and trip counter attacking players. I think the demands on Casemiro may be greater.

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew
From Frenkie de Jong to Casemiro. Truly the sign of a consistent football vision.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
So Man U are banking on keeping Ronnie then if they piddling about trying to sign DMs? Greenwood has gone, Rashford is more of a midfielder now, Martial is want away and hearts seemingly not in it anymore, Ronaldo is the same but might be forced to stay and has too much ego to ever not try and add to his goal tally. Do they have any other forwards from the youth set-up or reserves or something?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Chelsea signed Cesare Cassadei from Inter for £12m

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Flayer posted:

So Man U are banking on keeping Ronnie then if they piddling about trying to sign DMs? Greenwood has gone, Rashford is more of a midfielder now, Martial is want away and hearts seemingly not in it anymore, Ronaldo is the same but might be forced to stay and has too much ego to ever not try and add to his goal tally. Do they have any other forwards from the youth set-up or reserves or something?

Literally nobody wants Ronald. The only option is terminating his contract (which has apparently been internally debated)

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Flayer posted:

Haha no

It seems the original plan was keep Ronaldo another year and hope Martial comes good This Time and try to sign a younger prospect to go in rotation. Ronaldo wants away, Martial looked good pre season then promptly got injured and we've not signed anyone else.

It helps to just loving laugh raucously at the sky like the guy in Predator :shepface:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

And Arsenal can’t sell any of their young players for 1/4 of that price, good lord.

Also Manchester United at this time is flailing around in a way very reminiscent of Late Wenger and the Emery era.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/mohamedbouhafsi/status/1560602160513032194?t=A55RH9yGjELgzT2lNFzONg&s=19

oh my lord

Cart
Sep 28, 2004

They see me rollin...

Flayer posted:

Elanga would be the most ready, Chong potentially, and there's a lot of hope for Garnacho. None of them are out and out strikers mind.

Also I haven't watched a lot (zero) Brazil games since the last WC, but are Fred/Casemiro still the starting duo in the midfield for them? I imagine they'd try and replicate that at club level, although neither seem to be able to pass all that well.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Neither Chong or Elanga are strikers though?

Also Chong has failed to show any sort of readiness to be a regular starter.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

As bad as United are right now, Chong doesn't improve that team at all.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

It's time for Charlie McNeill to make good on those 600 youth-team goals

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

sebzilla posted:

It's time for Charlie McNeill to make good on those 600 youth-team goals

Speaking of Charlie, I wouldn't mind a bit of Charlie Savage game time this season. He seems like the real deal.

Cart posted:

Also I haven't watched a lot (zero) Brazil games since the last WC, but are Fred/Casemiro still the starting duo in the midfield for them? I imagine they'd try and replicate that at club level, although neither seem to be able to pass all that well.

They are, but do keep in mind international football is kind of poo poo

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

the sex ghost posted:

tongeij, greenij, brownij en paddij

throwing clogs at each other after loving each other's wives

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1560616579070582784

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Hahaha 60 mil for a 30 year old

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
This is the signing that will work. Definitely this one. All the other expensive midfielders were practices but this is the real deal