Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth

mila kunis posted:

i support the probe, that guy sucked rear end and also i don't care about the free marketplace of ideas where every moron with a lib opinion can stink up a thread which i read.

agree/10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

Tankbuster posted:

The side with nukes. Has south Korea fought a war since vietnam?

They sent a bunch of troops to Iraq and Afghanistan but that probably makes their war performance worse rather than better.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
Finnish GILFs are a potent counter-revolutionary force. NHD is bravely defending the CSPAM homeland

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Finno-Korean Hyperwar II

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

Antonymous posted:

these are the images the chinese government is probably more afraid of than a tank not running over a guy

lynched soldier's desecrated and burned body above

What the hell was the guy made out of that this is what became of vehicles that ran him over?

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Best Friends posted:

I know nhd did it for mod brain reasons rather than ideology but it’s still very funny that a guy got probed for saying the Tiananmen Square massacre happened and was bad.

DiscountDildos
Nov 8, 2017

https://twitter.com/SCMPNews/status/1559799689301688320?s=20&t=gz5LLuzQfmdeYJ0M1EDsug

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Corky Romanovsky posted:

What the hell was the guy made out of that this is what became of vehicles that ran him over?

The CPC has perfected the ultimate tankie. There's just one problem ... he's loose.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Best Friends posted:

I know nhd did it for mod brain reasons rather than ideology but it’s still very funny that a guy got probed for saying the Tiananmen Square massacre happened and was bad.

I lost patience after the second "goodnight thread" / good morning thread." gently caress em, should happen more often

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Antonymous posted:

these are the images the chinese government is probably more afraid of than a tank not running over a guy

lynched soldier's desecrated and burned body above

Absolutely wild that the West isn't showing these pictures every day, you'd think that they would be glad to show civilians resisting the perfidious PRC.

Really drives home how conventional Western ideology idolizes weakness and villianizes strength.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

mawarannahr posted:

here’s that report

they're complaining about less than 100 people being detained in China? calling that a rounding error severely undervalues rounding errors

also this seems to be another situation where "it keeps them quiet/so they won't talk to the media" has absolutely failed

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Tankbuster posted:

The side with nukes. Has south Korea fought a war since vietnam?

You'd never know from the tweet alone but it's about Tekken eSports lol

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Absolutely wild that the West isn't showing these pictures every day, you'd think that they would be glad to show civilians resisting the perfidious PRC.

Really drives home how conventional Western ideology idolizes weakness and villianizes strength.
the west has trained its citizens to accept lethal violence against protestors as long as they can be framed as violent and unruly (e.g. kent state)

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i nearly killed an entire pool party last night because someone was yelling about the holocaust in xinjiang and asked me my opinion

i only mentioned zenz but it's not something i've looked into in a couple years now, is there better reporting yet

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP

comedyblissoption posted:

the west has trained its citizens to accept lethal violence against protestors as long as they can be framed as violent and unruly (e.g. kent state)

People just lazy everywhere. I doubt a majority are believing poo poo cops and governments say, they just don't care

DiscountDildos
Nov 8, 2017

i say swears online posted:

i nearly killed an entire pool party last night because someone was yelling about the holocaust in xinjiang and asked me my opinion

i only mentioned zenz but it's not something i've looked into in a couple years now, is there better reporting yet

No, it's still a zenz and ASPI circlejerk. They don't seem to be pushing the "genocide" aspect as much as the "forced labor" stuff these days.

Lmao @ someone bringing that up at a party. Insane behavior.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

obviously the genocide and even cultural genocide narratives are bullshit but given what the PRC has published in English about the deradicalization program, some level of forced labor wouldn't surprise me at all (though I very very much doubt it's an industry-wide, mass scale thing on the level of "all cotton from Xinjiang is harvested by forced labor"). the more I've read about what's going on the more it sounds like US war on drugs incarceration practices with the enormous benefit that when people are released they can speak some Mandarin and probably got valuable trade education

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Can't believe the reindeer fuckers were at it again smh

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Didn't Knee go to Pakistan for practice and find out that everyone there is a god at the game

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

ya theres been some really good independent reporting here
https://www.bellingcat.com/tag/china/

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

During the USAF / ROKAF sports day in my youth we had like 11 events we were competing against each other in. I beat my fellow GIs at Starcraft Brood War, but got absolutely smashed in the first round against the koreans, I think this was before LoL really solidified. ROKAF got smashed at the basketball court. The only actually competitive event was ping pong, my room mate at the time was the US Base ping pong dude and it was basically a whole tournament arc.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Never fight a Korean in Starcraft :nono:

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I was an 18 year old gamer who had something to prove and a country to represent. I'm still proud that I took the round where he tried to 6-pool cheese me but yeah I was DUMPSTERED for that series. The basketball game was like watching the Harlem Globetrotters dunk on the Washington Generals.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

I wouldn't bring up my opinion about such things unprompted, but if someone asks, they ask

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

she got really mad when i said i was only aware of one person making such assertions. then she stormed off and i got into a fun splashfight with my friends

vvv if i wasn't driving i'd have gone hard

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I wouldn't be able to earnestly have that conversation at a pool party due to alcohol and drugs and would probably just troll about border camps and prison labor

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth

she got really mad when i said i was only aware of one person making such assertions. then she stormed off and i got into a fun splashfight with my friends

vvv if i wasn't driving i'd have gone hard

Shoulda pointed out that holocausts don't usually involve the targetted people's population growing or quality of life improving across the board lmao

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

thatfatkid posted:

Shoulda pointed out that holocausts don't usually involve the targetted people's population growing or quality of life improving across the board lmao

I've heard libs use similar arguments about Palestinians, especially population increase, when I call what Israel is doing an ethnic cleansing and military occupation. not that you're wrong, I agree with you, just something I've encountered from the other side

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

if xinjiang and the uyghurs came up at a party i would simply change the subject

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

indigi posted:

I've heard libs use similar arguments about Palestinians, especially population increase, when I call what Israel is doing an ethnic cleansing and military occupation. not that you're wrong, I agree with you, just something I've encountered from the other side

the difference is that we can plainly see israel do all that poo poo whereas the xinjiang genocide narrative is entirely based on (very bad) inference from population data

so in that case looking at the data and seeing that what they claim is happening isn't happening is valid, but in the israel case it's not because we have direct evidence

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

my dad brought up xinjiang last night and we got loud and ruined dinner

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

lobster shirt posted:

if xinjiang and the uyghurs came up at a party i would simply change the subject

If it came up for me I would tell them of my old JAG and his experience trying to get uyghurs he genuinely thought were innocent out of GITMO only for them to slowly become radicalized while there.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
When I tell my wife current or past Asia lore her eyes glaze over and she visibly shuts down until I stop talking.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Cerebral Bore posted:

the difference is that we can plainly see israel do all that poo poo whereas the xinjiang genocide narrative is entirely based on (very bad) inference from population data

so in that case looking at the data and seeing that what they claim is happening isn't happening is valid, but in the israel case it's not because we have direct evidence

That's just because the Chinese have the Subterfuge racial ability and a +5 to deception and stealth rolls

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
i loving love being psychoanalyzed, so far we've got grooming victim, negative-attention seeking, main-character syndrome, and lib. looks like i better stop my mild criticisms of historic mistakes made by the CCP, or i'm headed for a threadban. at the very least i better get back into the good graces of thread veterans, such as thefatkid and that other guy who posts about libs a lot

NeatHeteroDude posted:

Is it psychology to say "someone constantly asking for negative attention is looking to receive negative attention?" It's definitely not psychology to say: "you are melting down and need a break." No one is being diagnosed!
this is a pm you sent me just last night

quote:

When you're feeling better, you should really think about trying to explain what you're saying now to a younger version of yourself. What what the younger you have said in response? I did that a couple of times when I was angry about the internet and it really helped me put stuff in perspective.

12 hours isn't a very long time, and it'll give you time to cool off. If you want to link me the post saying you were groomed, I'll absolutely still take a look at it.
could you stop whatever it is that you think you're doing, thanks

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
Just say, they just needed more firefighters to
Combat climate change.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

KirbyKhan posted:

When I tell my wife current or past Asia lore her eyes glaze over and she visibly shuts down until I stop talking.

thats because i already told her

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

KirbyKhan posted:

politics as a hobby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002