Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
The Democrats are going to be destroyed in 11 weeks and 5 days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

the deontay wilder defense, then

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

hobbesmaster posted:

remember all the “virtual brands” selling wings when the pandemic started?

i saw one operating out of the kitchen of a church around here on google maps, it was all sysco frozen poo poo lol

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
so like most of them then lol

my “fav” was the chuck e cheeses going on uber as a local pizza place

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Business Gorillas posted:

I got a taste of boomer media in Meet The Press last week and it feels v much like the current state of things is the media ginning up a narrative for the midterms and endless placation of "everything's fine, don't worry about things, just keep spending, citizen"

I really don’t see how this keeps going. The insistence has really intensified here recently and it’s noticeable .You wouldn’t think “everything is great 😊” could feel oppressive, but it does at this point.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

irl lego movie

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Frosted Flake posted:

I really don’t see how this keeps going. The insistence has really intensified here recently and it’s noticeable .You wouldn’t think “everything is great 😊” could feel oppressive, but it does at this point.

there's a precedent, it just ends with flavor-aid getting handed out

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

we aren't gonna give you the day off to vote, but we are gonna make sure you can't watch basketball after work

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Booourns posted:

we aren't gonna give you the day off to vote, but we are gonna make sure you can't watch basketball after work

lol this was my thought too

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

spacemang_spliff posted:

bad news for those of us hoping for complete distruction:

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1560247407010619397

Dr Oz is a loser and is going to get thoroughly owned, Fetterman is absolutely going to win and the chuds need that seat to flip the senate, unless they win in GA, NV and AZ I think otherwise it's 50 50

Saying "I'm tired" to get out of responsibility is actually highly relatable, he has my vote

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

eSports Chaebol posted:

it can work in the right context: e.g. Cuba

Well you can't really compare a democracy to an authoritarian regime

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

evilpicard posted:

Well you can't really compare a democracy to an authoritarian regime

yeah but you can compare it to a multi-party democracy like China which also works

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

the white hand posted:

there's a precedent, it just ends with flavor-aid getting handed out

jim jones sold monkeys door to door though we don't even get that

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

lol

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

spacemang_spliff posted:

yeah I was just thinking "he's running a democrat campaign" lol apologizing for a campaign ad, pathetic

lmao, saying that Dr Oz is running a democrat campaign is an absolutely perfect way to describe it. like so perfect it's scary. and fetterman is basically running as trump. he's going to win by 20 points.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

God he sucks

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Shear Modulus posted:

lmao, saying that Dr Oz is running a democrat campaign is an absolutely perfect way to describe it. like so perfect it's scary. and fetterman is basically running as trump. he's going to win by 20 points.

the DNC’s only chance is to create some sort of program that converts democrats running for office into… let’s say Philadelphia sports fans

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
the gritchurian candidate

Yadoppsi
May 10, 2009

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

lol that the shittiest cheapest part of the chicken became the most expensive, so much so that the previously most expensive part, the breast, is now frequently marketed as a boneless version of the wing

The same thing happened to Cremini (common brown mushrooms), they changed the name to baby portabellas and doubled the price.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
They've also been doing that to seafood for a while. Yesterday's trash by-catch is tomorrow's premium main dish.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Yeah no one wanted to eat the gross sea-bugs until someone had the brilliant realization that they taste good if you slather them with a metric ton of melted butter (a trait they share in common with everything else.)

THS2
Oct 2, 2021

shrimp are good without butter

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
lobster were an absolute bottom of the barrel peasant food. they were so cheap and undesirable that indentured servants started getting clauses in their contracts about how many of their meals could be lobster. but well, while marketing took off after it adopted nazi propaganda techniques it still existed before that point.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

THS2 posted:

shrimp are good without butter

They're talking about lobster, the premium sea bug.

Baby carrots are another example of literal trash becoming a premium priced item, since they're shaved carrots that previously would have been wasted for being ugly, non standard, or damaged during processing

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Coolness Averted posted:

They're talking about lobster, the premium sea bug.

Baby carrots are another example of literal trash becoming a premium priced item, since they're shaved carrots that previously would have been wasted for being ugly, non standard, or damaged during processing

and they're worse in every way because the middle of the carrot is the worst part lol, especially when they're bad enough to be sent for babyfication

lol:

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Carrot bones are really good for carrot broth tho, because of the marrow

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
https://twitter.com/frankthorp/status/1560308412704886784?s=20&t=6J5I3waUE2WEbWZMw0joWA

lol they know Oz is going to poo poo the bed

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

lobster were an absolute bottom of the barrel peasant food. they were so cheap and undesirable that indentured servants started getting clauses in their contracts about how many of their meals could be lobster. but well, while marketing took off after it adopted nazi propaganda techniques it still existed before that point.

didn’t they prepare it by grinding the entire lobster, shell and all? that sounds unpleasant.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Brandon is the best president in 50 years

Mirello
Jan 29, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

hobbesmaster posted:

didn’t they prepare it by grinding the entire lobster, shell and all? that sounds unpleasant.

yeah its a common misconception. it was hated because of how it was prepared to eat. once the morons realized you can take the shell off the value went way up.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Mirello posted:

yeah its a common misconception. it was hated because of how it was prepared to eat. once the morons realized you can take the shell off the value went way up.

drat thanks for this. i'd always heard that story in the past like everyone else and never bothered looking into it

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

not just Oz, they picked some genuinely bad candidates this cycle - i.e. Herschel Walker is definitely over the limit of acceptability for unacknowledged illegitimate children

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

LGD posted:

not just Oz, they picked some genuinely bad candidates this cycle - i.e. Herschel Walker is definitely over the limit of acceptability for unacknowledged illegitimate children
idk I think the fact the walking CTE is polling within 2 points of a pastor and all around good guy is pretty big sign of an unhealthy political system and laughably weak democrats

If Walker was going up against almost any other dem he'd be winning as a slam dunk. It's just hard to pin most of the reasons people hate democrats to Warnock, but the party did a good job of pinning some of their failure stink to him with the $2000 check ads

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Remember when Republicans were good and honorable and heavily implied that their opponents had mixed race illegitimate children rather than doing it themselves?

visit lincolnproject.us to donate now!

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

gee I wonder why the guy who got elected on, and immediately welched on, the promise of giving people $2k checks is polling so badly

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Karl Barks posted:

Brandon is the best president in 50 years

Pulled us out of Afghanistan, has brought the drone wars to a screeching halt

https://twitter.com/ryanlcooper/status/1465700856037212162

Checks out, best president in 50 years, still a huge war criminal piece of poo poo

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

PostNouveau posted:

Pulled us out of Afghanistan, has brought the drone wars to a screeching halt

https://twitter.com/ryanlcooper/status/1465700856037212162

Checks out, best president in 50 years, still a huge war criminal piece of poo poo
I think this is proof the president is literally controlling the drones, otherwise the MIC would still be doing it.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Didn't he literally just drone frag an old dude as the latest victory on terrorism?
this is like crowing about rejoining the paris accord and fossil fuel subsidies at the same time
"Well yeah, we're still doiing the incredibly evil and hosed up stuff (and it rules btw) but we also are (self reporting) that we do less of the evil stuff than we used to."

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

the ones in yemen at least were most likely just redefined as being done by the saudis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Destruction will still occur with or without the ""doctor""