Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
for roads that aren't 6-lane wide stroads i will always favour jaywalking halfway between two crosswalks because i only have to worry about two directions of traffic and it's often safer to just wait for cars to go by since they bunch up anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Yep, when i go to the corner store i go up about half a block vs crosswalking, that way i dont have to deal with the maniac left-turn-on-red gang so much

(have been hit in a crosswalk in denver)

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Roosevelt posted:

i was stopped at a light once and some high school kid was crossing the street when this lady drove up into the lane next to me full speed in her SUV and blasted him across the asphalt. he must have still been young enough to have plasticky bones because he just got up, shook himself off and kept walking. us other drivers yelled at him to stop to see if he's ok and get her information. meanwhile the lady was claiming that she didn't see him or whatever. the fact there was a red light apparently wasn't a factor. she was going to leave immediately but i guess we shamed her into staying long enough to make sure that she didn't just kill someone and take a little responsibility

I saw a very near miss in this exact scenario once with a couple kids and parents…

that were holding one of these banners:

a pair of unmarked cars immediately turned on their lights and siren, the suv driver didn’t pull over for 2 full lights. (the charger in the picture is in the spot but I’ve never seen SPPD use chargers)

I just sat there baffled.

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

Cold on a Cob posted:

for roads that aren't 6-lane wide stroads i will always favour jaywalking halfway between two crosswalks because i only have to worry about two directions of traffic and it's often safer to just wait for cars to go by since they bunch up anyway

stroad is a useful term but I don’t like it, motion to rename them road choads

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

hobbesmaster posted:

I saw a very near miss in this exact scenario once with a couple kids and parents…

that were holding one of these banners:

a pair of unmarked cars immediately turned on their lights and siren, the suv driver didn’t pull over for 2 full lights. (the charger in the picture is in the spot but I’ve never seen SPPD use chargers)

I just sat there baffled.

that one seems to me like it was malicious

god hath no fury like a chud inconvenienced

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Jonny 290 posted:

Yep, when i go to the corner store i go up about half a block vs crosswalking, that way i dont have to deal with the maniac left-turn-on-red gang so much

(have been hit in a crosswalk in denver)

oof. was it a hit-n-run? are you okay?

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

This poo poo happens so often that the PennDOT driver / safety manual calls it a "double threat crash" and it carries an extra point penalty.

There's a subset of driver that gets real fuckin pissy about people going too slowly and roars around them into the passing lane, killing people or hitting other cars.

people do poo poo like this constantly on the rage corridors around philly. blowing redlight from turning lanes all the time. I saw a dude got blocked from trying to bypass traffic at a light in the margin stop his car, get out, and start beating on the trunks of everyone who honked at him,

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

I saw a dude got blocked from trying to bypass traffic at a light in the margin stop his car, get out, and start beating on the trunks of everyone who honked at him,

lol. lmao

i mean, that's terrible but i lol'd irl

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I love that people from Philly just drop names like this like it’s nothing

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

people do poo poo like this constantly on the rage corridors around philly. blowing redlight from turning lanes all the time. I saw a dude got blocked from trying to bypass traffic at a light in the margin stop his car, get out, and start beating on the trunks of everyone who honked at him,

A few weeks ago I had a guy get pissed that I didn't run a red light and he went around me in the oncoming traffic lane so he could run the light. It was red at least twenty seconds.

Apr 7, 2003

dude drove around me in the rightmost and people in the turning lane to go through the red light despite the giant sign that says "no turn on red". Drove through where that black cadillac is.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

A few weeks ago I had a guy get pissed that I didn't run a red light and he went around me in the oncoming traffic lane so he could run the light. It was red at least twenty seconds.

this happened pretty often when i was in florida, mostly when there was nothing around for miles fortunately

they still got popped by the cameras every single time though lmao

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

dude had a red light, fair target

Apr 7, 2003

Shaggar posted:

doing something wrong does not give everyone around you license to kill you.

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.

Beeftweeter posted:

i'm trying to be inclusive :colbert: transmen are men, although for the purposes of this article i honestly don't know lol

if transmen are men is there a word for men that aren't transmen?

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Shaggar posted:

lol obvious bait

anyway nutbars anti trans bill has had its text released and no surprise

https://twitter.com/ErinInTheMorn/status/1560660360373620737

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

RokosCockatrice posted:

presumably this is an attempt at a joke but we all know what cis dudes are

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

RokosCockatrice posted:

lol if you even care about this

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy
the street i had to cross to get to the bus stop on the way to my last job had such awful traffic and safety record there was a crosswalk, with lights, in the street not even at an intersection just to allow pedestrians to cross without getting run over

i made it a all of three years before getting hit by a car on that crosswalk lmao

they were at least breaking before impact so i lived and didn't lose limbs or anything, which is better than when i saw somebody get actually knocked aside and run over like a year before it was my turn

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Beeftweeter posted:

oof. was it a hit-n-run? are you okay?

More like a hit-and-release. I was crossing on a white crosswalk light, somebody turned right and plowed into me at like 15mph. I rolled off the hood and didn't even spill my beverage. she stopped a few feet down and rolled her windows down, "oh my gosh i didnt see you (duh) are you okay?"

I don't talk to cops if there's not a body involved, so I just put my most growly mean face and voice on and yelled "your lucky day. get the gently caress out of here and never. do. that. again."

Maybe it took, who knows.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Jonny 290 posted:

More like a hit-and-release. I was crossing on a white crosswalk light, somebody turned right and plowed into me at like 15mph. I rolled off the hood and didn't even spill my beverage. she stopped a few feet down and rolled her windows down, "oh my gosh i didnt see you (duh) are you okay?"

I don't talk to cops if there's not a body involved, so I just put my most growly mean face and voice on and yelled "your lucky day. get the gently caress out of here and never. do. that. again."

Maybe it took, who knows.

drat man, that's pretty hosed up. i'm glad you weren't hurt but i doubt that stuck lol

usually people that hit pedestrians go on to do it again

moonshine is......
Feb 21, 2007

ugh. i'm just waiting for my turn to get hit in my neighborhood. it's a residential street, but people come down it at high speeds, in the wrong lane, texting all day. it's like a shortcut around the slower main street with traffic on it. my wife and i joke about it being like the beginning of pet sematary with the foreshadowing. but it's a real concern since we like to walk.

there's all the please slow down signs up everywhere, but that's not going to stop the reckless driving. you would think the city would figure out they need speed humps based on how often the "yield school children crossing" sign gets obliterated.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

in somerville ma i had some jackass drive on the sidewalk to pass me (he didn't get very far as i was going as fast as the car in front of me) and a few minutes later some masshole was laying on their horn while i was stopped at an intersection because i wasn't going through a red light. he eventually went around me, pulled into the intersection with a still red light and almost caused an accident.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
lots of people just dont give a poo poo and think traffic laws are suggestions

just gonna post one of my florida favs here

also gently caress them, i am not censoring the PII

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
i'm lucky i live rural most i need to worry about is bored college kids with their fart mufflers racing each other or people literally opening their door after slamming their truck into our neighbor's front steps and having bottles fall out like it's a loving parody clip :patriot:

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Beeftweeter posted:

BDE

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Beeftweeter posted:

that just seems like a personal dispute between drs hansen and lane

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

dickhead maybe

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

hobbesmaster posted:

that just seems like a personal dispute between drs hansen and lane

what if drs hansen and lane carpooled?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

…hmmm, checks out

but it doesn’t fit with Florida, lambo and assigned parking

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
whichever doc doesnt have the DUI that week has to drive

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

I haven't seen that video, but a bicyclist here was run over because someone passed him too closely and he gave the passer the finger. The driver turned around and ran him over and put him in a coma. Never caught the guy either.
he did the drat thing in front of witnesses then. hosed

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
everyone in a car is a murderer just waiting for their chance

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/Sharronica/status/1560435235057180672?s=20&t=da-HQ1QK-gCxKMZ8UQiqUw

https://twitter.com/Sharronica/status/1560487726926946304?s=20&t=da-HQ1QK-gCxKMZ8UQiqUw

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
https://twitter.com/fox_sheldon/status/1560626905912487936?s=20&t=PwKKKXQQFUmYycFqFeB5zg

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

owns

i'd like to see cops' group texts on the evening news lmao

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

psiox posted:

owns

man seriously

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

psiox posted:

owns

its probably the same as the cam footage from the MPD when they were psyching each other up to go shoot up a neighborhood during the floyd protests

Apr 7, 2003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
oh no, poor rat baby and poor bee!