Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

gradenko_2000 posted:

Tatiana? sounds like Russian dezinformatsiya to me

Bust it down Tatiana

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Jim Eagle posted:

doesnt she black out and offscreen rage-murder some dudes in the first episode

no one knows because no one is watching that garbage

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

da T&A

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
how often does she spend green? she looks so good with curly hair idk why they changed it for Hulkmode

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

indigi posted:

how often does she spend green?

any time she sees a good shoe or purse at the mall!!!! eeeyyyyyy big billy!!!!!!

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
hulk am be shopping. hulk know good deal when see one.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

jessica wear same dress as hulk to work event, hulk gossip about her to punish

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

loquacius posted:

https://twitter.com/GPrime85/status/1560633604786606080?t=N9h1WmSGxrJf01ZbgEkbvw&s=19

As usual the right is told to be angry about something and dutifully oblige

this dude reminds me of that Lois Wain guy whose cat paintings got weirder and weirder as his paranoid schizophrenia spilled onto the page

Durf has issued a correction as of 20:19 on Aug 19, 2022

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Durf posted:

this dude reminds me of that Lois Wain guy whose cat paintings got weirder and weirder as his paranoid schizophrenia spilled onto the page

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

lool

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

skooma512 posted:

That's just truth in television. White men do killing sprees as a form of self care lol.

I mean, wouldn't you smash?

Anyway, a single female lawyer harboring rage issues isn't unbelievable. My friends who are have many stories, as does any woman who (checks notes) appears in public at all. If they were serious about the girl power angle She-hulk would literally smash the patriarchy.

This would be a way better show

But bottling it all in for the sake of careerism and quietly unloading onto the first completely innocent person willing to sit still for it is more on brand for Da Libs

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

galagazombie posted:

The canon term (in the comics at least) is “Professor Hulk”. Sometimes he also hulks out into “Joe Fixit” where he’s Grey colored and becomes a rude Mafia enforcer of middling intelligence.

that poo poo also ruled

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Still reading Feet Of Clay. Great book. Unrelated, just read this passage:

quote:

"Atheism Is Also A Religious Position," Dorfl rumbled.
"No it's not!" said Constable Visit. "Atheism is a denial of a god."
"Therefore It Is A Religious Position," said Dorfl. "Indeed, A True Atheist Thinks Of The Gods Constantly, Albeit In Terms Of Denial. Therefore, Atheism Is A Form Of Belief. If The Atheist Truly Did Not Believe, He Or She Would Not Bother To Deny."

and I like it a lot because Pratchett keeps getting compared to Douglas Adams and I know this would make Adams completely loving furious

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

the left will always lose!

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

loquacius posted:

Still reading Feet Of Clay. Great book. Unrelated, just read this passage:

and I like it a lot because Pratchett keeps getting compared to Douglas Adams and I know this would make Adams completely loving furious

Lol that’s literally the argument of that one catholic philosopher who said that belief in god was the out-of-the-womb baseline claimless position and non-Christians had to prove there was no God rather than the other way around.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

galagazombie posted:

Lol that’s literally the argument of that one catholic philosopher who said that belief in god was the out-of-the-womb baseline claimless position and non-Christians had to prove there was no God rather than the other way around.

The character in question is an atheist trying to justify that he doesn't have to take an oath on a religious text because atheism is its own religious position but I can see where you'd think that

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

my favorite scene about that character is when they get struck by lightning immediately after blaspheming against a storm god and just respond by stating that correlation is not causation

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/notnotnuanced/status/1560683558305468417

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

We started watching The Resort on Peacock because it starred William Jackson-Harper (Chidi from The Good Place) and Cristin Milioti (who was criminally misused as The Mother) but it's turning into a pretty interesting mystery box show. The latest episode was great. Anyone watching this?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

holy poo poo

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

amazing

POWELL CURES KIDS
Aug 26, 2016

Atrocious Joe posted:

Pedro Pascal would kill as Gomez Adams

raul julia owns Suave Gomez forever, and any future interpretations of the character must accept this and pursue a different angle

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

lol

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

hahaha

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

jonah hill is making movies?

wow that uh that is uh...filling me with dread for reasons i cant quite articulate

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

I really liked jonah hill in maniac and I suppose it would make sense if he was largely just playing a version of himself in that. He’s seemed pretty off the rails lately and I hope he’s well.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Andray Domise wrote a really good thread on the she-hulk thing

https://twitter.com/AWindwardMaroon/status/1560719460532641792?t=GoCr4C1zrZapGQa3cOTc5g&s=19

https://twitter.com/AWindwardMaroon/status/1560720798083694592?t=WkXljHQ9NRS-u9br90HItg&s=19

https://twitter.com/AWindwardMaroon/status/1560721198543249409?t=uuIRsBBrShPB0tO3PgoUDA&s=19

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

While all of that is accurate, incredibly massive eye roll at "threw away a great opportunity". Stop acting like there was ever a chance the comic book series completely controlled down to the smallest detail by Disney (or any other multinational conglomerate) was ever going to do something that's a massive deep social commentary/deconstruction. The audacity to finger wag the writers, when even if they'd walked in day 1 of pre-production with a draft that was exactly what that person wanted you know management would have taken one look / ripped it up / said "we need She-Hulk to be on Tik Tok in a bikini one episode, make it happen"

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

including the first half since without context it kind of sounds like shes defending the show

https://twitter.com/AWindwardMaroon/status/1560714757333721089
https://twitter.com/Anthonysmdoyle/status/1560715710019633153
https://twitter.com/Anthonysmdoyle/status/1560716903592632322

id never heard about the whole bruce banner has disassociative identity disorder unrelated to being the hulk idea before someone on these dead gay comedy forums pointed it out but that actually sounds like a pretty cool concept to run with in a shehulk story because her whole defense for abomination could boil down to being a hulk creates disassociative identity disorder only for her to realize that this isnt necessarily true since she doesnt have it and only ever thinks that she does because people have been treating her under the assumption that she has it too

whats the over under on the show actually doing any of that tho

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

why engage with media criticism of toy commercials, who gives a gently caress if hulk represents a bulterian understanding of gender as performance

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

is tucan sam homophobic

does ronald mcdonald normalize men wearing makeup

did society miss an opportunity when roblox failed to add new body types

what can minecraft teach us about the myth of virgin land in the european conquest of the americas?

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Antonymous posted:

is tucan sam homophobic

uh famously so

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Antonymous posted:

what can minecraft teach us about the myth of virgin land in the european conquest of the americas?

i know youre joking but this one actually exists lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6i5Ylu0mgM

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Two separate topics here:

How does art reflect the culture that produces it?

and

How can artists examine culture through their art?

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

btw i like my speculative shehulk concept purely in terms of a legal thriller because thats actually a really good twist on the genre a lawyer takes on a case in the belief that her client shares her mental illness but DUN DUN DUN it turns out she doesnt even have that mental illness and maybe he doesnt either

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Antonymous posted:

why engage with media criticism of toy commercials, who gives a gently caress if hulk represents a bulterian understanding of gender as performance

Because it's fun mostly

What is the point of this thread if we can't do that

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

we could watch more artistically inclined stuff like that movie about the austrian bank robber with the reagan masks that was posted a few pages ago

but i prefer to split the difference and discuss bad art i havent actually seen

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

In high school I told one of my friends she reminded of she-hulk as a compliment and she didn’t talk to me for 2 days. Even then I had to apologize and explain I didn’t mean it as a comment on her figure. Anyways I’m glad that they normalized being a “she-hulk” as something complementary for women, even if they injected a bunch of girlboss mansplaining elements.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
rehearsal season 2 confirmed, but definitely with a big budgett cut im sure

hbo has also been cutting a ton of animation shows, some already finished even, and a ton of poo poo previously aimed at teenages/ya because they're assuming no one under 65 has money or watches hbo max anyways

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

TheSlutPit posted:

In high school I told one of my friends she reminded of she-hulk as a compliment and she didn’t talk to me for 2 days. Even then I had to apologize and explain I didn’t mean it as a comment on her figure. Anyways I’m glad that they normalized being a “she-hulk” as something complementary for women, even if they injected a bunch of girlboss mansplaining elements.

if i had to guess id say she was more insulted by just the name and didnt even know anything about the character

like lets run a thought experiment here if somebody called you a heman would you assume its a compliment because heman is consistently presented with positive admirable qualities or would you assume its an insult because sans context the phrase sounds insulting