Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Captain Foo posted:

I decided on grimro’s cd glad from maxroll though i guess i have 35 minutes to change my mind

He has a good crafting spreadsheet for that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

whypick1 posted:

PSA: Update your item filters

Are there new ones out yet? I usually just roll no filter for Act 1 then look into it.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Are there new ones out yet? I usually just roll no filter for Act 1 then look into it.

filterblade is updated, if that's what you mean

Ovenmaster
Feb 22, 2006
I am the master of ovens for some reason.

euphronius posted:

People did off color before harvest . Lots of chromes

Average for a 4g1r1b The Covenant runs at about 4k chromes with 3g craft, so it isn't horrible, but definitely not something you do on day 2 lol. Depending on its rarity and how cheap fusings will be, perhaps double corruption altars are a viable solution, then either take home a 6 white socket one or use tainted chromatics on the double corrupt. Still a 50/50 chance to fail, tho.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

6l covenant may not be cheap either

Edit

I forgot scourge is back ! Yes !!!

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Magres posted:

Am I crazy or does this mean running like, upwards of a thousand maps?

People were mad about Atlas Grinds last league requiring like 300 maps

i assume it doesn't, but it wouldn't be as bad if it counted sextants and scarabs. not sure what "explicit modifiers" means exactly though

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

500 good dogs posted:

i assume it doesn't, but it wouldn't be as bad if it counted sextants and scarabs. not sure what "explicit modifiers" means exactly though

No implicits no enchantments

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Last time I played was fall last year, are okay corrupted 6Ls still easy to find early on? I remember I bought a correctly colored 6L with ~100 life and ~40 total resists for 29c on day 2 back then instead of trying to do some Tabula bullshit.

InventorOfTrees
Dec 13, 2013

Noted Psycho Poster Panda Clue
He Dreams of Pancakes
And So Should You

Magres posted:

so don't do that challenge

the atlas altars challenge last league took over 1000 maps iirc. I got 38 challenges and didn't finish that one.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Something i didn't think of, it just being map completion also means you don't need to actually clear the map, you could roll, say, 300 city squares and just bumrush the boss in a minute flat per map

InventorOfTrees posted:

so don't do that challenge

the atlas altars challenge last league took over 1000 maps iirc. I got 38 challenges and didn't finish that one.

It was also one of the two I skipped, but if we're comparing challenges between leagues I think it's worthwhile to compare the shittiest challenges too. But definitely not having to full clear the map is huge so I retract my griping about that challenge :)

Magres fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Aug 19, 2022

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

whypick1 posted:

filterblade is updated, if that's what you mean

I just google neversink after a little bit :shrug:

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Last league atlas grind wasn't "run 300 maps", it was more like "fully clear 600 t14+ eldritch influenced maps". This one is far better

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

sdr782 posted:

New harvest crafts have been data mined, divine orb crafts & reforge keeping prefix/suffix are all gone.
lmfao, this sucks man

Ovenmaster
Feb 22, 2006

Insurrectionist posted:

Last time I played was fall last year, are okay corrupted 6Ls still easy to find early on? I remember I bought a correctly colored 6L with ~100 life and ~40 total resists for 29c on day 2 back then instead of trying to do some Tabula bullshit.

Probably a bit harder, since the plethora of 6l was due to people running the corrupted strongbox atlas point. Since the vendor price for a 6l has been changed from a divine to 20 fusing, there's less reason to run it now: and thus, maybe fewer 6ls on market. This of course speculation, but it might be sligthly harder now as a result.

edit: oh wait the atlas tree wasn't even introduced last fall lol. Forget everything I said.

Ovenmaster fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Aug 19, 2022

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Ovenmaster posted:

Probably a bit harder, since the plethora of 6l was due to people running the corrupted strongbox atlas point. Since the vendor price for a 6l has been changed from a divine to 20 fusing, there's less reason to run it now: and thus, maybe fewer 6ls on market. This of course speculation, but it might be sligthly harder now as a result.

Sad, at least I didn't plan for more than 5L anyway

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

whypick1 posted:

PSA: Update your item filters

Thanks

Magres posted:

I end up running a thousand plus maps every league it feels like anyway. But I’m not a challenge chaser unless I’m really into the league so for me it’s whatever.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

What’s a good leveling build for a bow CoC elementalist before I can get the CoC running?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Almost there

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†

10 mins before launch I finally settled on Rue's Vortex Ignite as my starter

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Magres posted:

Most leagues have had a challenge that amounts to "run about 1000 maps"

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Soon I shall play the video game "Path of Exile" and you fools cannot stop me!!

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

theshim posted:

Bad news guys: a hot air balloon crashed into shim's house and exploded, killing him.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

theshim posted:

Not if I log in and crash the servers first (which I can because I'm #927 :smug:)

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Qwertycoatl posted:

Most leagues have had a challenge that amounts to "run about 1000 maps"

I feel like those are tuned around the weirdos that power farm single maps and rush the bosses or whatever, though admittedly all the 'endgame grind' poo poo is pretty terrible

thankfully not necessary!

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
Queue is moving gogogo

Kumquat
Oct 8, 2010
feels weird to get excited for Number Go Down in this game

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Kumquat posted:

feels weird to get excited for Number Go Down in this game

Doryani's lovers getting excited

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Lets gooooo

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
The first 5000 queue went by in about 2 minutes

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I'm still waffling on if I wanna jump in this league or not. Did they ever make those neat blood skills any good? I've never done a low life build but none of those skills seem popular and petrified blood in particular is apparently hilariously terrible which makes me sad.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Let me in (the queue) i'm trying to gently caress https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGJZfmYMltM

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
accidentally quit to login and am 40k in queue :negative:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Guess I’ll take a guild reinvite for foo_rhoastomperfiftyate when y’all get a chance

Ovenmaster
Feb 22, 2006
Got in through 15k queue, made a mule and logged to character creation, then game froze and I had to restart. 50k queue again, baby! :suicide:

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times
Looks like I quit too early last season. Could I get a Guild reinvite for GladToBeKing when someone has a moment.

frankenbeans fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Aug 20, 2022

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
quin and raiz best cosplay easily

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I have to go to a birthday party nooo

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
About to embark on a week of lazy end of summer lake vacation, good luck poopsock goons

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Finished A1. Kalandra areas are a bit of a timesink. Higher monster density than story areas so you could get wrecked. Monsters don't seem to be able to move between areas so that's one way to cheese the encounters (for now) (lol jk i lied). They also might need to tweak their layout generator slightly.

:flaccid:

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Aug 19, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
Why does PoE hate my computer and/or internet connection? Periodically the game will just stop updating for an arbitrarily long time: it keeps accepting input (I've been able to save myself from death by spamming attacks into the air a few times) and the latency graph goes vertical. In previous leagues, I haven't had this issue until maps, but now it's doing it in A1 and I cannot tolerate it that long. Network mode doesn't fix the problem.