Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

NeatHeteroDude posted:

Will there be more dorohedoro?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord
moreohedoro

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Lmao :five:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

NeatHeteroDude posted:

Will there be more dorohedoro?

I'm going to be unhappy if this is untrue and i got my hopes up for nothing in this instant

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Lmao

Mr. Lobe posted:

I'm going to be unhappy if this is untrue and i got my hopes up for nothing in this instant

Same here. It's 100% the best stuff I've watched all year besides parts of demon slayer.

Also watching ep 3 of Supercrooks and my question is this: seems dumb to do a job where you will obviously be identified leas than 24 hours after leaving jail!!

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Really feeling for the man so stupid he does more identifiable crimes immediately after being released

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Turns that it really is Freezer Black

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Should call himself Black Ice

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

singular point is great but it is mostly the biggest nerds on the planet talking about esoterica. there's action, but that's not really the focus.

they're all hot tho

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 20 days!)

Casey Finigan, don't be mean to your ojisan.

WhiteGenocideNow posted:

can't wait for more dorohedoro to your eternity Vinland saga spy familyand demon girl next door

blessed lineup 🙏

net work error posted:

They're movies and not purely anime but the three Godzilla 3d movies are really good too imo.

they really are 3DCG anime though. The first two movies are good and work their way up to an incredible climax in the 2nd movie. Then the third one immediately falls off and descends into a weird anprim lecture.

Singular Point is just not good. Its individual parts are all great, but you need to take notes just to keep up with whatever the Hell they're talking about. It's regularly dumping a mountain of exposition and real world theoretical technobabble to the point that it distracts from the only reason anybody cares about any Godzilla shows: kaiju fights and fighting kaiju. I still think it's worth watching, it's just way too ambitious and navel-gazing. It over explains things to the point where you start doubting your own understanding of what's already happened.

Anyway, they baited a sequel and I hope it gets made because a Mechagodzilla anime would be sick.

Pener Kropoopkin has issued a correction as of 21:56 on Aug 19, 2022

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

the fash death squad lesbian children anime just isn't for me

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Yeah ugh I dont want any lesbians in my anime. Hetero only please

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Calibanibal posted:

we get it, you perfer yaoi

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

bitmap posted:

the fash death squad lesbian children anime just isn't for me

Hello

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Calibanibal posted:

Whoops responded to the wrong post. Hello

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

No

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

:smith:

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
i like the episode of the Whenever I Taste Licorice I Recoil show where she's gotta get her government mandated certification for being in a death squad

Dr. Killjoy has issued a correction as of 22:54 on Aug 19, 2022

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Was bobobobobobobobo good

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

pillsburysoldier posted:

Was bobobobobobobobo good

I enjoyed it

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/khyleri/status/1560657854368911361?s=20&t=os6m0skdrzoVHbchZ6NQ_w

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

lmfao blimp-sized YIKES

Populon
Mar 1, 2008

What's the matter,scared?

Bros is it gay if your dick has sex with another dick but they're both actually girls? Asking for a friend

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Feeling awkward because my dick is a virgin

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I'm starting to suspect that SAC 2045 is bad at communicating its political ideas, because it has to dance around an endorsement of communism without getting explicit.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I'm starting to suspect that SAC 2045 is bad at communicating its political ideas, because it has to dance around an endorsement of communism without getting explicit.

gently caress you, i'll try it. if it is bad expect my vengeance

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

tokin opposition posted:

gently caress you, i'll try it. if it is bad expect my vengeance

I dunno what your standard is for "good" but it's not bad, just disappointing. It's a very interesting mess.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Populon posted:

Bros is it gay if your dick has sex with another dick but they're both actually girls? Asking for a friend

Don't know but please do not depict such a thing with characters that are not the age of majority thanks. And even then I don't care to personally see it

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Super crooks is insanely good. My wife and I love it.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

okay but when are you gonna watch film of the year dragon ball super hero

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Stairmaster posted:

okay but when are you gonna watch film of the year dragon ball super hero
It's 3D CG

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

It looks fine

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

3D CG is a pox on anime, there's never been a good looking one, no, not even that one.

Its a travesty what they've done to this august king of the genre, especially since broly was pretty much the first dragon ball with (segments of) great animation and it owned

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

the CG in super hero works real well, I was skeptical about it at first but they avoid a lot of the pitfalls that make it look bad and use it to its advantage by doing a lot of good shots that would be real hard to do with hand drawn animation

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
It also transitions surprisingly smoothly from the artstyle of Broly. I'm genuinely curious about how they assembled/trained a team with the relevant skillset for it, since 2D and CG animation work so differently.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

3DCG has come a long way in anime, and it''s getting close to the point where best practices disseminate through the industry enough that it'll get consistently OK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

https://twitter.com/MON0EYE/status/1560604791553888256?t=lFGaYCt3i6TeRaWhMn1Hng&s=19