Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Thundercracker posted:

I like how it's clear absolutely no one at Facebook can say no to him, especially telling him to stop putting his lizard face on the brand. Like Halo Infinite got dragged for weeks for one poorly made enemy model and here's Zuck putting out that into the world for free.

To be fair, dude's gotta have the best blackmail dossiers in the world.

Also if you disobey him his face will split open and he'll melt you with his robot heat beams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

HA HA! YOU HAVE CHOSEN POORLY!
Mark Zuckerberg is the TechBro Final Boss. Doesn't do any actual work, just flits about shouting "DO.YOU KNOW WHAT WOULD BE COOL?!?!?"

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

lol again

drk
Jan 16, 2005
which one of you is trolling twitter

https://twitter.com/coinfessions/status/1560688206663884801

drk
Jan 16, 2005
also

:eyepop:

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Jet fuel can't melt block chains, debra

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

https://medium.com/@drewkaufman/anyone-can-write-anything-on-medium-com-so-please-consider-my-opinion-60f33d017476

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

https://twitter.com/MNateShyamalan/status/1560441724366995456

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Iron Chef Ramen posted:

Mark Zuckerberg is the TechBro Final Boss. Doesn't do any actual work, just flits about shouting "DO.YOU KNOW WHAT WOULD BE COOL?!?!?"

The true answer being 'If we harvested more marketing data from you.'

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

all my Oozaru gone

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

How could BDO Italia even do this. You can't properly translate Arabic numbers that large into Roman numerals.

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

davecrazy posted:

So the GameStop CEO rugpulled the SuperStonk crowd with a $BBBY pump and dump.

Went from $15 to $28....to $11.
The best part is that the guy (Ryan Cohen) is/was deified by the “apes” as being a billionaire who is on their side, trying to disrupt the hedgies or the shorts or something else they don’t understand, and he just wrecks them by selling all of his BBBY stock. Lmao.

I saw someone post how the outlook for the terminally spiralling company was actually good, and when asked why they believed that said that Ryan Cohen had explained why in the past, the guy who rugged them.

Lol.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

First thing I thought was, is this why FTX was trying to buy voyager? Did FTX tell voyager to do this? Or are they all literally this stupid.

Feds hate this one trick! "FTX - I am the fed!"

Also lovely crypto maxis are now constantly acting like the Tornadocash dev is a victim, all over reddit. Some good freeper-level schadenfreude: https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/wsjjpf/the_wife_of_the_arrested_tornado_cash_developer/

notwithoutmyanus fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Aug 20, 2022

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I hate having to go to bed bath and beyond, the way it is laid out like a circular circuit and all the aromatherapy bullshit stinking things up. And the video screens playing infomercial type crap. Ugh, the worst die already.

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple
Sir, this is a bitcoin thread.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

King Carnivore posted:

Sir, this is a bitcoin thread.

Bed bath and beyond sells plenty of fine bag holders

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman
Before COVID our local bed bath and beyond had free coffee and espresso, so they are alright in my book.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I guarantee you no one ever cleaned that espresso machine and it was a grotesquery of bacteria

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

priznat posted:

I hate having to go to bed bath and beyond, the way it is laid out like a circular circuit and all the aromatherapy bullshit stinking things up. And the video screens playing infomercial type crap. Ugh, the worst die already.

My wife and I got a bb&y gift card years back. I think it might have been for our wedding.

We never used it because we’d see one, go in, and not be able to find anything. It’s all just such crap. Gimmicky poo poo like spatulas specifically for eggs or crap like shower caddies you buy for a college freshman. We were worried it might expire but nope.

After like ten years or so we finally killed it when we found one that sold beer for some reason.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Cyrano4747 posted:

My wife and I got a bb&y gift card years back. I think it might have been for our wedding.

We never used it because we’d see one, go in, and not be able to find anything. It’s all just such crap. Gimmicky poo poo like spatulas specifically for eggs or crap like shower caddies you buy for a college freshman. We were worried it might expire but nope.

After like ten years or so we finally killed it when we found one that sold beer for some reason.

It is, it’s total garbage. They have some decent brands for some things like small appliances but they’re always exempt from the coupons.

I’m glad they’re getting memestonked! Lol

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
BBB used to be where I got that great brand of korean ramen, but that ramen is now even at my normal super market and cheaper.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
BBBeyond is basically the as seen on tv store.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Look you start in the bed, then you go into the bath and then you transcend. You go beyond.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Tired: BBB

Wired: BBC

orange sky
May 7, 2007

This might be a bit confusing, but I'll try to explain. So you can get a loan with nfts as collateral, right? And there's an automation that will automatically liquidate your nft to pay the lenders when your nft "value" (pretty big loving quotes here) reaches the loan value. This is apparently called the "health factor" and is the floor price/loan amount with probably some other factors thrown in cause why not.

Now that you know the basics, look at this beauty of a webpage

https://www.benddao.xyz/app/auction/health-factor-alert-list

lmao

E: here are the ones currently being liquidated https://www.benddao.xyz/app/auction/available-to-auction

DJ Burette
Jan 6, 2010

orange sky posted:

This might be a bit confusing, but I'll try to explain. So you can get a loan with nfts as collateral, right? And there's an automation that will automatically liquidate your nft to pay the lenders when your nft "value" (pretty big loving quotes here) reaches the loan value. This is apparently called the "health factor" and is the floor price/loan amount with probably some other factors thrown in cause why not.

Now that you know the basics, look at this beauty of a webpage

https://www.benddao.xyz/app/auction/health-factor-alert-list

lmao

E: here are the ones currently being liquidated https://www.benddao.xyz/app/auction/available-to-auction

My favourite thing about this is apparently a lot of the apes are marked as stolen. Normally this would make them hard to sell, and so make it hard to profit from the theft, but fortunately, due to the automated loan function of the system, you can just take a loan out on your stolen ape and immediately cash out without any intention to pay it back.

What a fantastic way they have invented to safely profit directly from the proceeds of crime.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

If NFTs cann't be stolen then a stolen NFT must be very valuable indeed. Maybe an Ape only reaches it's true value after it has been stolen?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

LifeSunDeath posted:

Tired: BBB

Wired: BBC

Big Beautiful Coins to the moon baby lambo hodl fud

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Goodpancakes posted:

If NFTs cann't be stolen then a stolen NFT must be very valuable indeed. Maybe an Ape only reaches it's true value after it has been stolen?

No that's slurping that makes them more valuable

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

bobjr posted:

I think I’ve only seen 1-2 ads, and they were “we also do crypto” as an addition rather than it being a crypto ad

At least the blizzard of Twitter ads for crypto bullshit have more or less ceased.

(Now I get the 'World Gold Council' wanting me to do the full Ron Paul instead)

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Just heard an ad on a local radio station for NFTs, just talked about how bands are making their own and getting hundreds of thousands of dollars paid directly to them without it going to their record label, I changed the station before the ad finished so I don't know who was doing the advertising, but it was stupid as hell.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/_ElizabethMay/status/1560932607893831683

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Zil posted:

Just heard an ad on a local radio station for NFTs, just talked about how bands are making their own and getting hundreds of thousands of dollars paid directly to them without it going to their record label, I changed the station before the ad finished so I don't know who was doing the advertising, but it was stupid as hell.

please tell me it was Creed

LOL!!!!

She was like "yeah sure buddy, keep the thing that has caused our marriage to implode, I'm fine with that." And he thought, "my wife doesn't know how to invest, what an idiot."

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

haha, you idiot, taking all this money and letting me have all the kilobytes

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
90s couple divvying up Beanies but it's the wife with a pile of cash and the dude with URLs to his NFTs and butts

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

FilthyImp posted:

90s couple divvying up Beanies but it's the wife with a pile of cash and the dude with URLs to his NFTs and butts

"Please help, I need to funge my apes"

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

FilthyImp posted:

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
I wrote up the Ethereum Proof-of-Stake merge thing

drk
Jan 16, 2005
https://twitter.com/lex_node/status/1561032746230812673

surely, angering the anti-terrorism wing of the US treasury will go well for them this time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
US entities being required to "obey" the "law" will be averted by sufficiently clever coding that will handily defeat the statist fiatailures of OFAC

because it's not like anyone in Ethereum ever wanted to use USDC or cash out at Coinbase

I have complete faith in Ethereum users' firm and unshakable 100% ideological commitment to being in it for the money. if sanctions mean they can still run penny stock scams and cash out at Coinbase, that's the door they'll pick