Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Invisible Clergy posted:

My husband got our girlfriend pregnant without discussing it with me

Top comment:

They apparently had the poly "agreement" for the gf to terminate the pregnancy drafted by a lawyer and she thinks it will be a slam dunk in court or something when she divorces him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
This was posted a while ago, but it's been on my mind

vonnegutt posted:

Yeah, I've had two breakups now where both guys claimed to be blindsided because I never screamed or yelled at them. They didn't realize that the multiple sit-down conversations i had where I outlined how their behavior hurt me and what I needed them to do in the future were actually me being mad at them. Everybody got three tries and that was it.

While talking, they would agree to everything I asked for (stuff like, "please text me if you're going to be more than a few minutes late") and then never do any of the things they agreed to. Then, a week or two later when I would dump them, they would not seem to put 2 and 2 together to understand that yes, I was angry in those conversations, and no, I wasn't going to put up with it forever.

Now I'm down to one try. If we have to have a Talk and no changes, I'm out. I'm not going to throw a tantrum just to get you to pay attention.

On another site, because I am addicted to relationship advice sites, a woman told the story of how she once told her husband that if they didn't go to marriage counseling she would get a divorce. The husband agreed to counseling. A year later they were doing really well, and they happened to drive past a billboard for a law firm where she'd gotten a consultation with a divorce lawyer. And when she mentioned that, her husband was shocked. He thought she'd just been exaggerating. No update on how the marriage went after that but I can't imagine being pleased that my husband didn't consider me a determined and honest person. On the other hand he did go to marriage counseling simply because his wife was unhappy and he wanted her to be happy, not because he was afraid of losing his marriage.

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
Opening up our relationship was the best thing to happen to our marriage … until now

quote:

Backstory: my wife (31F) and I (34M) have been married for 7 years, together for 10. Our married life was stale for the past couple of years. I went out with my single friends and was jealous at all the attention they were getting and the number of relationships they had. I had only been with one other woman and I was my wife’s first relationship. I wanted to spark up our relationship.

I researched and stumbled on ethical non monogamy and it seemed like the best option to save our marriage. With this, we could get the experience we were missing and apply it to our own marriage.

I approached my wife and she shut it down immediately and issued ultimatum. But after a few conversations she reluctantly agreed to try it out as long as we didn’t talk about our partners or anything about ENM.

In the beginning it was amazing. I was with two women (who knew about my wife). I was super discrete. I got a hotel room every time. I bought them flowers and chocolates from my account (fun money), not our joint account.

The past few months, my wife has gotten back into makeup and fashion. She’s dolling up and working out again. I was so happy to get my wife back and she genuinely seemed happier. She was back to her old self again, the woman I met and loved. Our life wasn’t yet back to sparks and passion but I was confident it would come back.

Fast forward to today. My wife was talking to her best friend on the phone and I overheard her talking about her boyfriend. I thought she slipped up and forgot I was her husband, not her boyfriend anymore. Until my friends set my head on straight and told me she probably had a boyfriend. I unlocked her phone and she’s been dating some young guy and she’s lapping up all this attention. He talked about trying to knock up my wife in her office, in our marriage bed, everywhere. He even told her to “dump” me at the beginning of their chat. My wife does nothing to stop this, just a feeble “he’s my husband we’ve been married for a decade” occasionally. nothing about me at all. Nothing.

I’m devastated. I want to ask her to close up the relationship, at least on her side, because she’s broken my trust.

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

Foo Diddley posted:

oh hey is it time for a circumcision debate

pull up a seat, let me tell you all my dick opinions

You should always leave a Tip for the priest.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Evil Willow posted:

The past few months, my wife has gotten back into makeup and fashion. She’s dolling up and working out again. I was so happy to get my wife back and

lol

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Evil Willow posted:

Opening up our relationship was the best thing to happen to our marriage … until now

You'd think it'd get old how these stories play out the same way every time, but it never does :allears: Easily my favourite genre

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

Danaru posted:

You'd think it'd get old how these stories play out the same way every time, but it never does :allears: Easily my favourite genre

They always think they're going to kick the football this time.

AITA for refusing to have a ''wheelchair-friendly'' birthday party?

quote:

My parents divorced when I (16F) was 5, my mom remarried three years later to Mark, he had a daughter from a previous relationship, Julianna (16F), she's in a wheelchair. My dad never remarried nor had more kids.

My relationship with my mom and step-family is rocky to say the least, both my mom and step-dad has pushed Julianna and her necessities so much to me to the point I don't like doing anything with her, at all. Everything I do or want HAS to be Julianna-friendly or else I'm being selfish, a bad kid, a bad ''sister'', every friend I have over has to be OK with me sharing our time with Julianna and until I was 13, everything my dad or paternal family gave had to be share with her. I won't lie, she used to be super awful, but now she's okay-ish, has her own friends and doesn't mind me that much, but I don't want to fix the relationship at all.

She had her birthday party in february, my mom and step-dad hosted it in a big venue, had a lot of fun stuff, lots of food and a big cake featuring cinnamoroll and I was forced to attend; for mine, my dad and paternal family are hosting it at my grandad's farm next saturday, it doesn't really have a theme, but I want a ''explain something you really know/like'' like an anime, a theory, a tiktok, and even my grandad is participating!

My mom didn't like it because 1. my grand's has a pool and Julianna ''can't swim'', 2. No friend of Julianna is invited, 3. They think the ''defend something'' is stupid because I'm explaining a JJK villain that they don't ''approve''. They say the least I could do is host it on the side that doesn't have a pool and chose another theme, I said no, because it was MY party, but they said I was being mean and it should be more wheelchair friendly like ''I've always had'' and I said I didn't care because this wasn't about Julianna. I asked my dad to pick me up early and I texted my mom saying that if they felt that way about my party and my, then they shouldn't come.

She called my dad to fight, but my dad didn't engage and I don't really know what they talked about. My mom wants me to apologize to my step-dad and Julianna before my party so we can all ''enjoy''.

Invisible Clergy fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Aug 20, 2022

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Foo Diddley posted:

wow, imagine trying to compete with an imaginary perfect girl who lives in your parents' heads

OP needs to change her name and address the day she turns 18

To be fair, Jess1 also exists under six feet of cold hard dirt.

SpaceViking
Sep 2, 2011

Who put the stars in the sky? Coyote will say he did it himself, and it is not a lie.
My bris story is that when one of my younger brothers was born, my mother scheduled a circumcision for him like she did the rest of us (it was the 90s), and had unwittingly given that brother a very traditionally Jewish first name and middle name. So when she handed the form to the nurse, the nurse made an assumption that we were Jewish (Jewish first name, Jewish middle name, German surname) and arranged it as a bris. My very not-Jewish mother was incredibly confused when she arrived at what she thought was a circumcision appointment and found a Mohel there with a bunch of religious items.

edgeman83
Jul 13, 2003

Invisible Clergy posted:

My husband got our girlfriend pregnant without discussing it with me

My favorite was the commenter who had a relationship where they and their partner both slept with other people regularly but refused to call it an open relationship. The commenter said it was just swinging, and since there was no emotional component it wasn't an open relationship. The funniest thing was they had a visceral negative reaction the thought of open relationships/polyamory.

edgeman83 fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Aug 20, 2022

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

AITA for trying to bond with my pregnant sister during my surrogacy journey?

quote:

My husband I (30M) are expecting a baby via surrogacy later this year. It’s been an incredibly exciting time and my partner and I are eagerly awaiting the arrival of our first child.

My sister (31F) and her husband conceived just a little while after our surrogate did. I thought this would be an opportunity for us to bond. I’ve loved getting to pick out nursery decorations and baby clothes for my son and have always picked up a few things for my sister anytime I can.

My sister has had some unpleasant pregnancy symptoms and complains about these often. The complaints don’t necessarily bother me, but I try to always remind her how worth it it is. Sometimes it seems like she’s not excited at all, which I just can’t relate to in the slightest.

Earlier today she was talking about how sore her back and ankles are, and I reminded her that she’ll have a baby in her arms in January and she should focus on that to get her through. She snapped at me that I will never understand what she’s going through and that just because we’re having a baby around the same time doesn’t mean I should try to “relate to a woman’s struggles.”

AITA?

"I don't even know what you're complaining about, the symptoms aren't even bad at all if someone else is dealing with them"

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Captain Hygiene posted:

AITA for trying to bond with my pregnant sister during my surrogacy journey?

"I don't even know what you're complaining about, the symptoms aren't even bad at all if someone else is dealing with them"

I'll take "Guy who's lucky his sister didn't deck him" for $500, Alex.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling
My roommate (24F) and I (25NB) got in an argument because I told her to wear a hairnet whenever she’s not in her private space

quote:

For some context: she has grown her hair out & has shoulder-length hair for the first time in her life. She also has curly hair, and you’re not supposed to brush/comb it dry bc of breakage. She washes it a few times a week, and does not brush it nearly enough to get all the shedding dealt with. I’ve repeatedly taught her how to take care of it, including buying her products and tools.

Onto the problem: she sheds EVERYWHERE. I’ve found hair in the kitchen, the pet area, my bathroom and bedroom (carried in on clothes), and all over the couch+pillows+blankets. Our cat even had some in a hairball & her poop. I’m not exaggerating when I say if I just look around wherever I am, I can find a piece of her hair nearby. And I hate hair. Not throwing-up bad, but it grosses me out. And I know its hers, bc she’s the only blonde.

I’ve tried helping her fix the shedding, I’ve tried proving how much shed there is (so she can’t keep denying it), and asked her to clean it. I’ve tried irl and via messages. Rn I tidy up if I see it and my bf sweeps weekly, and ofc there’s always a ton of hair on the broom. We both want this to stop, and the only solution I can think of is a hairnet. When I brought it up, she huffed and sighed & played dumb and eventually claimed she’s been wearing it up more for our sake & been making more of an effort to brush it, but what does that matter if the results are the same? I’m so sick of it & if she can’t contain it the way people normally do, then I want her to wear a hairnet.

TDLR: roommate gets hair everywhere; nothing I’ve tried fixes it or gets her to clean as much as she should, so I want her to wear a hairnet in the common areas

Look, I don't know what the big deal is, just wear this uncomfortable, ugly thing constantly at home to prevent my being icked out by your grody hair, you gross person.

Although she really should be brushing it daily and looking into products for her hair type.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Evil Willow posted:

My wife does nothing to stop this, just a feeble “he’s my husband we’ve been married for a decade” occasionally. nothing about me at all. Nothing.

Why doesn't my wife talk about me more instead of flirting with her lover?

Just the biggest lol

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
AITA for getting three entrees every night?

quote:

I went on a six day cruise and just got back. Feels so good to have internet again. I might be an addict. Anyway. Myself, my brother, my sister and our cousin were all on the cruise together.

If you're not familiar with cruising, all of the food is included in the base price. So how much you order effects nothing. There is usually quite a lot of fancy stuff served at dinner, stuff I typically can't afford. I ordered two or three entrees each night so I could try more food. I usually didn't snack after lunch so I would be really hungry and often had a very small breakfast or skipped it entirely.

The first night my sister rolled her eyes at me, but the second she got mad. She said I was being incredibly embarrassing by having so many plates. I said no one was counting our plates to see if it matched up with the number of people in our party. She told me to stop, but I ignored her.

The next time she brought it up our brother told her to be quiet because he didn't want to hear it anymore. We got back, and our parents asked how our trip was. Sister said I humiliated her. Dad rolled his eyes, but Mom lectured me for being a glutton and told me I needed to work on my impulse control.

AITA for eating so much just because I could?

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Can it even be considered a luxury cruise without a vomitorium?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The point of a cruise is to have the taste of butter, to buy a pretty dress. You must live deliciously

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

If you're not cruising like crab sweats guy, you're not cruising right

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

Well, one of us must have killed him!
AITA for cutting off support to my daughter?

quote:

I (52M) have three children with my ex Tracy (50F), Michael (28M), Linda (25F), and Victoria (23F). We split because Tracy had an affair with Stan (55M) to whom she is now married. We never shared with the kids the reason for the divorce as I didn't want them to blame either of us.

This backfired as the kids saw their mom move out of the house, into a small apartment, and me keep living in the house and remarry two years after the divorce. So they saw me as the bad guy. Stan and Tracy let them pretty much do whatever they wanted and I had to be the disciplinarian who made sure homework was done, appointments were made, and deadlines were met.

My two oldest eventually came to realize that I was not the bad guy. My son when he found out that his mother had put nothing away for college for him as outlined in our divorce decree and she told him to take out loans. My daughter when she realized that her grades were going to keep her out of her desired program in school.

My youngest never came around. So it was a surprise when her boyfriend asked for my blessing to ask for her hand. When I expressed that I didn't think she'd care about my blessing he said she insisted on it.

She began spending time with me, being polite to my wife, and it felt wonderful to have my daughter back. I went with them to book the venue, and they'll be getting married next summer. I paid the deposit and the first installment.

I noticed that she was becoming less communicative again recently, ignoring my texts or giving one word replies, and not coming over as much. On Monday, my son sent me a post from Instagram. My youngest had an engagement party this weekend to which I was not invited. One of the photos was her with Stan and it read, "Anyone can be a father. It takes a real man to be a Dad. This amazing guy has been my dad for 15 years even though he didn't have to be. I am so blessed to have him walk me down the aisle next year! #daddysgirl #futuremrsx"

My kids wanted for nothing their entire lives because I never let them go without. Even when they wouldn't talk to me, I made sure their needs were met. I texted Tracy to ask why I was not included. She replied that Victoria didn't want my wife there because she wanted a drama free day. My wife has literally never started drama in her life. I asked if Stan and I would both be walking her down the aisle. Tracy didn't respond, but Victoria called me up demanding to know what my problem was.

I repeated my question and she replied that no, Stan, her dad, would be walking her down the aisle. I told her that if that's what she wanted I would be fine with it. I told her to let Stan know the next payment for the wedding is due in November.

Stan and Tracy do not have the money for this wedding and think I'm being an rear end in a top hat. Linda says if I do this, Victoria will never speak to me again. Michael is on my side.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Who is so concerned about how strangers on a cruise might perceive them, that they are "humiliated" by their brother ordering a couple of extra dishes at mealtimes?

Sure, it can very easily be argued that the brother is a glutton, who needs to work on his impulse control. And maybe he should have had other types of fun on a cruise ship than eating the 'fancy food'.

But I would argue that the sister is the bigger arsehole for caring so much and having the fact that strangers, (who probably didn't even notice or care), on a cruise where she will never see them again, might think less of her.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
I paid good money for this cruise, let me pretend to be a lavish billionaire that can eat three entrees before I have to go back to the crushing hellscape of reality.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

Cowslips Warren posted:

AITA for getting three entrees every night?

https://www.theonion.com/new-royal-caribbean-cruise-just-12-day-buffet-on-floor-1819578766

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Pomme de Terror posted:

AITA for cutting off support to my daughter?

Assuming no bait, pulling the funds is a legit move but you have to assume you're torching what little relationship you have left and you need to be okay with that

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

sephiRoth IRA posted:

Assuming no bait, pulling the funds is a legit move but you have to assume you're torching what little relationship you have left and you need to be okay with that

Eh, the timing is... suspect. She became friendly again EXACTLY in time to receive money for her wedding. When she had monetary gain, she immediately cut him out of everything.

I'm not sure there's anything to torch.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
from the guy who knows his sauces....

Introducing new Crab Sweat Guy sauce!

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Can you really be "doing well" while serving as a drug and immigration cop?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

quote:

Must we.

Trying to understand what happened here? The probation reason is vague and there was no mod post about avoiding the topic, is there an unwritten rule about not going after cops?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
It does get a little tedious hearing it in every thread every second of every day, even if you do agree with it (which I do, don't get me wrong). And in this instance, the person in question was able to put them to use as a barrier between her and the hella abusive/exploitative family she was escaping.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Trying to understand what happened here? The probation reason is vague and there was no mod post about avoiding the topic, is there an unwritten rule about not going after cops?

Cops suck, but I can’t hate on a 17 year old sorting out a way to get out from their lovely family as soon as they’re able. Plus the coast guard do more good and useful stuff than cop-cops. The kid’s options were few and they were smart about it, and they can always do other stuff later if they want.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

AITA for very accidentally saying that my ex boyfriends Prince Albert piercing was a “fun novelty” in front of my husband? He’s so angry with me.

quote:

Very much an “in the moment” post as he’s currently not speaking to me and this happened earlier today.

Husband works from home, I typically have Friday’s off. I was invited to a pretty cool and fun Mexican restaurant by a coworker to day drink and talk poo poo about work. As I was getting ready my husband said he was feeling really cooped up and asked if he could come and work from the restaurant. I said I would love that since I haven’t seen him much in the past couple weeks.

My friend and I were going crazy on margaritas and being really catty and I was having so much fun that I sort of forgot my husband was there. She wanted to show me a d-pick that a hinge guy had sent her. It was pierced and she was shocked that such a thing existed. I then said “oh my ex had one, it’s fun for a while but the novelty wears off and you want a regular one.”

My husband heard me and gave me the most upset, jealous yet hurt look I’d ever seen. He said that it was his cue to leave and I was like no you can’t, I’m too drunk to drive. He said you’re a big girl figure it out and he left.

We tried to order an Uber but no one was accepting The ride so finally after an hour or so my friends dad agreed to come pick us up.

Husband was even more mad when I got home since I didn’t come home immediately. He didn’t want to talk about either subject and has pretty much iced me out.

Yes I was wrong to say what I said but was I that wrong? Was I an rear end in a top hat?

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Invisible Clergy posted:

AITA for very accidentally saying that my ex boyfriends Prince Albert piercing was a “fun novelty” in front of my husband? He’s so angry with me.

What a fragile little prick :v:

Also, where did the new OP come from? I've just noticed it.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

CommissarMega posted:

What a fragile little prick :v:

Also, where did the new OP come from? I've just noticed it.

The new title? It was from this post.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Evil Willow posted:

I don't get how this keeps happening, it's always the exact same story. Even if you don't care about learning from others' mistakes it should be fairly easy to intuit what's going to happen.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

I’ll repeat what I said to you via PM:

teen witch like five min ago posted:

Honestly, just take a second before you post, as what you did anyone could have easily done, as it was a hair over the line. It was enough for reports to come in, which, well, goons, let me tell you.

E: and yes goons, let me tell you

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Elentor posted:

I don't get how this keeps happening, it's always the exact same story. Even if you don't care about learning from others' mistakes it should be fairly easy to intuit what's going to happen.

If these were the kind of people to use intuition, they wouldn't be letting their relationships devolve to the point of opening them up in the first place.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

teen witch posted:

I’ll repeat what I said to you via PM:

E: and yes goons, let me tell you

Thank you for clarifying via PM after the question was asked in the thread, but I'm still not clear on what the standard is here. Do reports automatically trigger a probation, or was there a rule broken? What was the content that should be avoided in the future?

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

AITA for leaving my friend stranded and going on a vacation with another friend after I repeatedly warned her not to be late ?

quote:

I have a friend named Hannah (24f) who's always late. It doesn't matter what it is and how late she is. She'll find an excuse for being late. There have been few times that my other friends and I just left Hannah behind (she was invited to dinner, movies, etc) and she'd get upset she "missed" the event. We'd always remind her and give her plenty of notice but also reminded her that it's ultimately her responsibility to be on time. She'd also lost a bunch of professional jobs because of it and can't get hired in her field because word got around.

Hannah and I have been planning a trip to Destin, FL and it was supposed to be last week. When she first brought it up (yes, it was HER idea in the first place), I made her sign a contract that said if everything's been paid for and she ends up being late or miss the trip without an emergency, then she forfeits the "right" to go on the vacation and she won't get her money back. We actually had an attorney friend write it up and signed and everything. Hannah thought it was a joke and signed it, assuming she can still be late and get to go on a vacation.

The day comes... And of course she's late. We were supposed to leave at 6 am (leave for Destin at 6, not get to my house by 6 and take 30+ minutes to leave). I gave her a phone call and a text reminder the night before. She said ok. I text and call her at 5 am. This time she didn't answer. I tried again at 6. I was anticipating it and my girlfriend pre-packed her stuff and said she'll go with me as a joke, so off we went without Hannah. (My girlfriend's company gave her and few other people a 2 week paid vacation.)

Annnnd. The drama. Hannah finally called me at 2 pm. Yes, 2 pm, about 8 hrs after we agreed to leave. She was crying and upset that I left her and went on a vacation with my girlfriend. She was ugly crying and asked how I could use her like that. Everything was in my name (the hotel, all the tickets, no flight because we were driving). I have all the receipts for the stuff that she gave me money for. I reminded her about the agreement we signed and that gave her a courtesy phone call and text three times. I also told her that I wasn't about to have my planned vacation ruined.

I blocked her number and enjoyed the vacation. When I unblocked it on the day we came back, Hannah called and said she would sue me. I reminded her, again, that it was her own fault that

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Thank you for clarifying via PM after the question was asked in the thread, but I'm still not clear on what the standard is here. Do reports automatically trigger a probation, or was there a rule broken? What was the content that should be avoided in the future?

gently caress off dude

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Goddamn nobody wants to argue about politics, cops or whatever poo poo in this thread

we want to argue how often you should wipe your rear end and stuff

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

Andrast posted:

we want to argue how often you should wipe your rear end and stuff

We all know the answer to that:

AITA for telling my husband I’ll dispose of my feminine products when he wipes better

quote:

I’m a housewife, my husband works a 9-5, so I take care of the house all day, laundry, dishes, kids, etc.

I just had a baby so I’m still bleeding and I can’t wear tampons (I can’t wear tampons anyway because I have a tilted cervix) so I wear pads. When I change my pad, I wrap it in toilet paper and usually the wrapper that the other one came in but sometimes just toilet tissue.

My husband always tells me it’s really gross when he goes to the bathroom and can see the bloody tissue that my pad is wrapped in and he doesn’t need to see that.

We got in a fight about it with him telling me it’s disgusting to see the blood and no one needs to know I’m “on my period” which I’m not on my period, I’m bleeding from birthing a baby.

I told him I would start disposing of my pads the way he wants me to when he learns how to wipe better and I don’t have to scrub poo poo stains out of his boxers.

He told me I was out of line and has slept in the guest room the last couple nights.

AITA?

Edit to add: we have a trashcan with a lid but our dog recently broke it trying to get into the trash. I ordered another on Amazon but it hasn’t come yet, and I don’t have a car to go get one myself.

Edit: I’ve left some pretty emotion fueled comments so I think I’m gonna back off for a little bit. Thank you for everyone’s input and judgment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The chronically late continue to annoy and baffle me. Like, even with ADHD it's usually like 15 minutes late because managing time is genuinely hard, but it's actually possible to prioritise and even overcompensate by coming early for something we know won't wait.

I'm still pretty sure it's a narcissist thing and they absolutely cannot turn down the power trip of making people wait for them, but literal hours gets to a dangerous degree. Drug habit?