Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Pylons posted:

AEW Dynamite 8/17

MOTYC: Bryan Danielson vs. Daniel Garcia
HM: Toni Storm vs. Kilynn King
MOTYC:Young Bucks + ??? vs. Dragon Lee, Andrade el Idolo, and RUSH.

Nth!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

fez_machine posted:

NOMADS' Freelance Summit Vol.2

HM
Ryo Mizunami vs. Rina Amikura
Hard hitting lariats, shoulder tackles galore from these two big beefy ladies

Miyuki Takase & Natsu Sumire vs. galaxyPunch! (Hikari Shimizu & SAKI)

Sumire returns to the ring with a NOMADS' take on Kawaii vs Oedo Tai

Hiroyo Matsumoto & Nanae Takahashi vs. Rina Yamashita & Yuu
Just very good wrestling from a bunch of pros

2nding all 3 of these

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

SG Bamboo posted:

NJPW G1 Climax Night 20 August 18th
MOTYC
Kazuchika Okada vs Will Ospreay
- loving nothing touches main event New Japan, the last 10 minutes were absolutely insane

Nthing, I went in with stupid high expectations and it blew those out of the water.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

AJPW Royal Road Night 4 August 16th
MOTYC
Jake Lee vs Takuya Nomura
- I'm a bit biased because I love Nomura and am very happy to see him main event, but this was still a fantastic display of his ability to fight a guy twice his size. Jake is still great, it took a little while for me to gel with his Total Eclipse character but now i'm very into him

HM
Yuma Aoyagi, Atsuki Aoyagi and Hokuto Omori vs Kento Miyahara, Rising HAYATO and Oji Shiiba
- I have no idea where these guys are at with their loyalties at the moment, but this was still a very entertaining high energy tag match between great talent

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Rarity posted:

MOTYC: Kazuchika Okada vs. Will Ospreay, NJPW G1 Climax 32 Final, 18/08

gently caress me

Mfing agreed what a match

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Ganbare Pro Ultra Soul August 13th
MOTYC
Yumehito Imanari (c) vs Shigehiro Irie - Spirit of Ganbare World Openweight Cahmpionsip
- Every time I see Imanari put in a performance like this I get annoyed all over again the poo poo DDT has him attached to. Also Shigehiro Irie is a beast. If you've ever seen any of his matches you already know this, but it bears repeating that he loving rules

HM
Yuna Manase and Yoshiko Hasegawa vs YuuRI and Moeka Haruhi
- Hasegawa's first match in over a year and while her stuff was good if a bit sloppy, the main draw for me was Manase being a hoss which she is great at

Max the Impaler and Hartley Jackson vs Taison Maeguchi and Wizuki Watase
- A different match for Max after their TJPW ones, these guys are quite a bit bigger and harder to throw about with abandon

HARUKAZE vs Makoto
- Harukaze is very limited in the ring, thankfully Makoto was able to bridge the gap by beating the poo poo out of her

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
25th February
GCW Welcome To Heart Break
The Briscoes (Jay & Mark Briscoe) vs Jacob Fatu & Juicy Finau

HM
25th February
Blake Christian vs Nick Wayne

HM
25th February
Mike Bailey vs Ninja Mack

HM
26th February
GCW The Coldest Winter
Blake Christian vs Mike Bailey

From the handful of US indy stuff I've seen this year Speedball has been absolutely fantastic.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
HM: “Speedball” Mike Bailey (c) vs. Chris Bey for the Impact X Division Championship, Impact on AXS 8/18

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

forkboy84 posted:

From the handful of US indy stuff I've seen this year Speedball has been absolutely fantastic.

Yeah, I've been trying to catch all of his stuff that I can and he's one of my faves despite not being in any of the promotions I usually watch.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Eric Young vs. Josh Alexander, Impact Slammiversary, June 19

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
16th July
Big Japan Pro Wrestling Bloody Musou Tournament Night 3
Astronauts (Fuminori Abe & Takuya Nomura) vs Yankee Two Kenju (Isami Kodaka & Yuko Miyamoto)

HM
7th August
Big Japan Pro Wrestling Bloody Musou Tournament Night 5
Bloody Musou Tournament Semi-Final
Fluorescent Lighttubes Deathmatch

Abdullah Kobayashi vs Daiju Wakamatsu

Was going to watch Stardom and then some BJW showed up and I watched probably the best match Abdullah Kobayashi has been in for a good while. Amazing work from Wakamatsu, a 2AW guy who has only relatively recently transitioned to deathmatches. Anyway, this was a bloodbath. Nothing essential but good fun

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
HM: HOOK vs. Zack Clayton, AEW Rampage, 8/19

lol

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
MOTYC: HOOK vs The Reality Zack Clayton Rampage 8/19/22.

This is Rampage, and that match was exactly what it needed to be.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

graph posted:

HM: HOOK vs. Zack Clayton, AEW Rampage, 8/19

lol

2nd. What a match!

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NOAH N-1 Victory Night 5 August 19th
MOTYC
Kenoh vs Hideki Suzuki
- Match hosed, although mileage may vary depending on how you feel about Suzuki

HM
Katsuhiko Nakajima vs Jack Morris
- Morris' best match so far this tournament, and I enjoyed Katsu's selling of the leg which he's been historically inconsistent with

Masato Tanaka vs Masaaki Mochizuki
- Two old men that rule, although one has started the tournament 0-4 and is getting increasingly desperate to get off the mark

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
HM: Athena vs. Penelope Ford, AEW Rampage, 8/19

short but they both looked great

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
HM: The Trustbusters vs The Best Friends AEW RAMPAGE

Huge L for The Podcasters, another Huge W for the Trustbusters (in match quality.)

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

HM: The Trustbusters vs The Best Friends AEW RAMPAGE

Huge L for The Podcasters, another Huge W for the Trustbusters (in match quality.)

nth in bust we trust

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HM: Shinichiro Kawamatsu, Sanshiro Takagi & Soma Takao vs. Osamu Nishimura, Makoto Oishi & Akito in a Tokyo Congress vs. Bunkyo-ku Congress Match - DDT Peter Pan 8/20

Kawamatsu, a politician who had done some fun stuff with DDT before decided against all reason to have a debut match.... and it was really good! The match was a lot of fun and Kawamatsu threw EVERYTHING he had into wrestling it, despite clearly being utterly exhausted by the reality of doing a full match (in a suit!). Highly recommend this.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: Best Friends/Orange Cassidy vs. The Trustbusters, AEW Rampage, 19/08

It sure feels good to be a trustbuster

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MOTYC: Joey Janela (C) vs. Shunma Katsumata for the DDT Extreme Championship - DDT Peter Pan 8/20

The perfect use of Joey in DDT combined with the perfect opponent in Shunma. Equal parts terrifying and hilarious, with Shunma's attempt to execute a master plan to force Joey to submit being the highlight of an extremely enjoyable match.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Joey Janela (C) vs. Shunma Katsumata for the DDT Extreme Championship - DDT Peter Pan 8/20

The perfect use of Joey in DDT combined with the perfect opponent in Shunma. Equal parts terrifying and hilarious, with Shunma's attempt to execute a master plan to force Joey to submit being the highlight of an extremely enjoyable match.

2nd

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Jerusalem posted:

Easy Nth. Mad lads being mad.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
24th July
New Japan G1 Climax 32 Night 5
SANADA vs Taichi

Taichi working miracles

WMOTYC
24th July
New Japan G1 Climax 32 Night 5
Bad Luck Fale vs Jeff Cobb

God, Fale is poo poo. Actually, Cobb would carry a literal bag of manure to at least **

Another deeply unsatisfying G1 Night. Tana vs Naito just had the first 15 minutes a total waste. The ending was extremely good but I dunno if my expectations are just unfair but these guys are better than this

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Aug 20, 2022

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

DDT Wrestle Peter Pan August 20th
MOTYC
Joey Janela (c) vs Shunma Katsumata - DDT Extreme Championship
- Oh Shunma you loving dumbass I love you

Kazusada Higuchi (c) vs Tetsuya Endo - KO-D Openweight Championship
- What a way to end the show, Endo pulled out everything to regain the title he never lost. Of course, Higuchi is the champ for a reason

HM
Yusuke Okada, Yuya Koroku and Ilusion vs Toi Kojima, Yuki Ishida and Takeshi Masada
- Rookie battle is rad, DDT dojo turns out some great performers

Naomi Yoshimura, Kota Umeda and Keisuke Okuda vs HARASHIMA, Yukio Sakaguchi and Hideki Okatani
- Goddamn this was so great after the Pheromones match, just six guys with intensity to spare taking pleasure in hurting each other. I would love to see Umeda and Okuda in DDT more, especially if they continue tangling with Eruption

Shinichiro Kawamatsu, Sanshiro Takagi and Soma Takao vs Osamu Nishimura, Makoto Oishi and Akito
- This is the kind of wrestling/politics integration other companies dream of, Kawamatsu was very sloppy in places but considering he's a full time member of parliament i'm willing to give him a pass

Jun Akiyama and Saki Akai vs Chris Brookes and ASUKA
- A simple story told perfectly, this is the first mixed tag match of Akiyama's 30 year career and he doesn't know how to treat Asuka at the start of the match, but then he gets over himself and starts to beat her like he would any other competitor

Masahiro Takanashi (c) vs Yuki Ueno - DDT Universal Championship
- A nice cooldown after the hardcore insanity, just a very well worked match between two talented guys, albeit with a pretty poor looking ending

It's such a shame Pheromones continue to exist and be popular because DDT is so drat good otherwise

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MOTYC: Kazusada Higuchi (C) vs. Tetsuya Endo for the KO-D Openweight Championship - DDT Peter Pan 8/20

The current champion vs. the former champion who never lost the belt but had to vacate it due to injury, and an utter determination that there would be no qualifiers, no excuses, absolutely no doubt by the end of the match who the REAL Champion was. Just fantastic stuff from both guys, and an ending I adored.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC

- What a way to end the show, Endo pulled out everything to regain the title he never lost. Of course, Higuchi is the champ for a reason

HM
Yusuke Okada, Yuya Koroku and Ilusion vs Toi Kojima, Yuki Ishida and Takeshi Masada

Naomi Yoshimura, Kota Umeda and Keisuke Okuda vs HARASHIMA, Yukio Sakaguchi and Hideki Okatani
- Goddamn this was so great after the Pheromones match, just six guys with intensity to spare taking pleasure in hurting each other. I would love to see Umeda and Okuda in DDT more, especially if they continue tangling with Eruption

Shinichiro Kawamatsu, Sanshiro Takagi and Soma Takao vs Osamu Nishimura, Makoto Oishi and Akito
- This is the kind of wrestling/politics integration other companies dream of, Kawamatsu was very sloppy in places but considering he's a full time member of parliament i'm willing to give him a pass

- A simple story told perfectly, this is the first mixed tag match of Akiyama's 30 year career and he doesn't know how to treat Asuka at the start of the match, but then he gets over himself and starts to beat her like he would any other competitor

- A nice cooldown after the hardcore insanity, just a very well worked match between two talented guys, albeit with a pretty poor looking ending

It's such a shame Pheromones continue to exist and be popular because DDT is so drat good otherwise

Yeah I'll nth all these. DDT stays winning with a very decent well rounded show.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
HM: Luke Jacobs vs Francesco Akira RevPro anniversary 20/08

If you haven’t seen LukeJacobs the best way I can describe him is of WALTER was a cruiserweight. You had a big, powerful babyface against a smaller, more technical heel and it was fantastic

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
DDT Wrestle Peter Pan 2022
HM: Harashima, Hideki Okatani & Yukio Sakaguchi vs Naomi Yoshimura, Kota Umeda & Keisuke Okuda
MOTYC: Sanshiro Takagi, Soma Takao & Tokyo Metropolitan Assembly Member Shinichiro Kawamatu vs Akito, Makoto Oishi & Bunkyo Ward Assembly Member Osamu Nishimura
HM: Chris Brookes & ASUKA vs Jun Akiyama & Saki Akai
MOTYC: Joey Janela (c) vs Shunma Katsumata - DDT Extreme Championship - Hardcore Rules
HM: Masahiro Takanashi (c) vs Yuki Ueno - DDT Universal Championship
MOTYC: Kazusada Higuchi (c) vs Tetsuya Endo - KO-D Openweight Championship

Penguin Patrol fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Aug 20, 2022

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Penguin Patrol posted:

DDT Wrestle Peter Pan 2022
HM: Sanshiro Takagi, Soma Takao & Tokyo Metropolitan Assembly Member Shinichiro Kawamatu vs Akito, Makoto Oishi & Bunkyo Ward Assembly Member Osamu Nishimura

Actually... I think I'm gonna bump this one up to MOTYC. Celebrity matches are such a weird thing, but this politician had FIGHTING SPIRIT in a way that I often don't even see out of people who have been wrestling for decades. It was probably my favorite match on the show.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
24th July
Stardom MidSummer Champions in Nagoya
Wonder Of Stardom Title
Saya Kamitani vs SAKI

HM
24th July
Stardom MidSummer Champions in Nagoya
World Of Stardom Title
Syuri vs Tam Nakano

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

Jerusalem posted:

Nth

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

HM Blake Christian vs Hiromu Takahashi vs El Desperado, New Japan Strong High Alert, broadcast August 21st

Hot crowd, playful spots, and a hell of a last minute performance from Blake Christian. Hiromu and Despy can have a great match in their sleep, but Christian really stepped up here.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

Lamuella posted:

HM Blake Christian vs Hiromu Takahashi vs El Desperado, New Japan Strong High Alert, broadcast August 21st

Hot crowd, playful spots, and a hell of a last minute performance from Blake Christian. Hiromu and Despy can have a great match in their sleep, but Christian really stepped up here.

Nth - Really fun from start to finish.

gripebomb
Dec 13, 2006

I wanted to fight the world.

- Eddie Kingston

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC

HM

Nth. This show was pretty drat good.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
31st July
TJPW Tokyo Princess Cup Night 5
Tokyo Princess Cup Quarter Final
Rika Tatsumi vs Suzume

HM
31st July
TJPW Tokyo Princess Cup Night 5
Tokyo Princess Cup Quarter Final
Miu Watanabe vs Shoko Nakajima

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Alex Shelley vs. Chris Sabin, Impact July 21

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

HM: Luke Jacobs vs Francesco Akira RevPro anniversary 20/08

If you haven’t seen LukeJacobs the best way I can describe him is of WALTER was a cruiserweight. You had a big, powerful babyface against a smaller, more technical heel and it was fantastic

Jacobs had a hell of a match against Micheal Oku in July as well (I'll go HM on that, from 23/07).

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Jacobs had a hell of a match against Micheal Oku in July as well (I'll go HM on that, from 23/07).

Was that the RevPro Summer Sizzler show?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Was that the RevPro Summer Sizzler show?

Yeah, I'm just getting to it now because all this wrestling.

I don't know how people have time for DDT and TJPW on top of all the other stuff, but perhaps not everyone insists on watching every bit of AEW content like I do.