Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

trying to jack off posted:

lol, getting you playing rage flashbacks

lol. finished doom 3. meh. on to some moar WADs. gonna check out some more smaller map pakcs i have downloaded and then play Plutonia when im in the mood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

If you ever get the itch again to play Doom 3, definitely try the expansion. It‘s way shorter and thus more to the point, has better pacing, cool new weapons that actually sound good, 100% more hell than the base game and mechanics like bullet time and stuff you get from the bosses you have to hunt down.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

back on my bullshit...can highly recommend this level to anybody looking for a good WAD. https://doomwiki.org/wiki/Brigandine having an absolute blast playing through and finding all the secrets, excellent level design and aesthetics using all stock textures and the encounter design slaps. great balance of exploratory interlopers, geometry shifting arenas and classically very obvious traps. verydope.

TheNamedSavior
Mar 10, 2019

by VideoGames

In Training posted:

back on my bullshit...can highly recommend this level to anybody looking for a good WAD. https://doomwiki.org/wiki/Brigandine having an absolute blast playing through and finding all the secrets, excellent level design and aesthetics using all stock textures and the encounter design slaps. great balance of exploratory interlopers, geometry shifting arenas and classically very obvious traps. verydope.

Thanks, I'll give it to Dean Of Doom.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

taking a break from thrilling level 2 dnd 3.5 edition combat in the hit rpg temple of elemental evil to play this new quake map pack.

https://www.quaddicted.com/reviews/ctsj2_1.2.html

the last coppertone summer jam from a year or two ago was pretty cool

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

https://archive.org/details/wadazine

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

nice hub map

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Awesome.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

lol

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

taking a break from thrilling level 2 dnd 3.5 edition combat in the hit rpg temple of elemental evil to play this new quake map pack.

https://www.quaddicted.com/reviews/ctsj2_1.2.html

the last coppertone summer jam from a year or two ago was pretty cool

looks cool. been a while since i played quake maybe shold celebrate quakecon

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Entropy: Zero 2 is out today and it owns, owns, owns.

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

i tried this and the first level i picked is apaprently the one everyone loves but one of the fights is glitching for me on ironwail so i cant beat it ffuuuu

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

its time fellow boomer gamers.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the first map was cooler than the entirerty of TNT lol.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

i should play this

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

every time i try to finish TNT I get bored after the first map and just start playing plutonia instead lol. plutonia imo gets what makes doom 2 fun by keeping the maps small but challenging with plenty of secrets to give you an edge if you know where to look for them.

16-bit Butt-Head fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Aug 23, 2022

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

every time i try to finish TNT I get bored after the first map and just start playing plutonia instead lol. plutonia imo gets what makes doom 2 fun by keeping the maps small but challenging with plenty of secrets to give you an edge if you know where to look for them.

yah. every level so far has been pretty sick, double digit monster count 5 - 10 minute slugfests with good secrets. some slight annoyances where like. lots of windy hallways between points you have ferry keys between, or switches that arent immediately obvious. but pretty rare up through map07. these are my ideal doom maps and the style i try to emulate when i make my own. Good rear end poo poo. playing continuous fwiw, some of these pistol start must be a nightmare. also they really do love chaingunners

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Animal-Mother posted:

Entropy: Zero 2 is out today and it owns, owns, owns.
I somehow read this as Kentucky Route Zero 2 and was excited but had several questions

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

doom 64 is free on the epic store right now i figure most imps posting here probably already own it but i still wanted to get word out

In Training posted:

yah. every level so far has been pretty sick, double digit monster count 5 - 10 minute slugfests with good secrets. some slight annoyances where like. lots of windy hallways between points you have ferry keys between, or switches that arent immediately obvious. but pretty rare up through map07. these are my ideal doom maps and the style i try to emulate when i make my own. Good rear end poo poo. playing continuous fwiw, some of these pistol start must be a nightmare. also they really do love chaingunners

plutonia really loves chaingunners and revenants and loads every map with as many of them as it possibly can it owns lol. i think the invisible bridges are a bit mean because vanilla doom and doom 2 never do something like that so people who have only played those games would probably be confused when encountering them but the map design does a good job of hinting they are there so its not too bad.

16-bit Butt-Head fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Aug 23, 2022

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Squeezy Farm posted:

i tried this and the first level i picked is apaprently the one everyone loves but one of the fights is glitching for me on ironwail so i cant beat it ffuuuu

i played this one with an aris secret

and this gimmick pacman maze where each dot gives you health and you're being chased by 4 shamblers

and this one in a tree that has a very strong "newbie mapper vibe" but hell its a map jam community project so there's always a couple and the tree is cute

AND one where you have to get quads over and over but i didn't screen shot it. thanks

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

i played this one with an aris secret

and this gimmick pacman maze where each dot gives you health and you're being chased by 4 shamblers

and this one in a tree that has a very strong "newbie mapper vibe" but hell its a map jam community project so there's always a couple and the tree is cute

AND one where you have to get quads over and over but i didn't screen shot it. thanks

lol. that forest is great looking though

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
i jsut beat the tree one too.. cute. the quad map was the bugged one for me but its fine in vkquake. the map by 'bal' has beenmy favorite so far

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

made it up through MAP09 in plutonia without having to save but the final room of the Abatoirre got my rear end too many times. ring with a death trap if you fall off surrounded by 10 chaingunners, 4 mancubi and 4 revs...pretty sick stuff.

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
i picked up plutonia again too and just beat taht one no saves after a bunch of tries.. the trick was saving invuln for the end and then being a little p*ssy hiding in the blue armor alcove. the map after that i got 2nd try tho.

i saved on another earlier one because of a stupid 10hp hurtfloor platforming thing.

also beat the coppertone summer jam 2. really liked the maps by fairweather, bal, and pinchy. zigi map with basially infinite quads and ammo was fun too

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Squeezy Farm posted:

i picked up plutonia again too and just beat taht one no saves after a bunch of tries.. the trick was saving invuln for the end and then being a little p*ssy hiding in the blue armor alcove. the map after that i got 2nd try tho.

i saved on another earlier one because of a stupid 10hp hurtfloor platforming thing.

also beat the coppertone summer jam 2. really liked the maps by fairweather, bal, and pinchy. zigi map with basially infinite quads and ammo was fun too

oh drat i didnt even think of saving invuln.

the archvile maze was awesome lol. wasnt expecting a gimmicky map like that

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

the archvile maze is one of my favorite maps in plutonia because it takes a simple concept and commits to it without overdoing it like some of the maps in doom 2 ended up doing.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

starting to think plutonia might be the best commercial doom game period.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

blew through basically all my ammo on map12. Pistol starting this game must be brutal

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

blew through basically all my ammo on map12. Pistol starting this game must be brutal

its not that hard

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

oh my god in training ssg'd and rocketed thru hunted. cringe

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i used the ssg bc i was afraid of blowing myself up on walls. but the level has a SSG and 100 shells in the first room anyway, wouldnt be any different pistol start.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

wtf is up with the invisible arcvhiles on MAP31. how did they do this.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also map15 was the first one I didn't kill all the monsters in I got scared when the spiderdemon showed up and ran to the exjt. Reloaded and wandered around w/ NoMo to find the secret exit and did the same thing...that room is hosed up. Also rude to do the little archvile behind a wall trick to have invincible chaingunners. They're getting too tricky they have to be stopped

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

In Training posted:

Also map15 was the first one I didn't kill all the monsters in I got scared when the spiderdemon showed up and ran to the exjt. Reloaded and wandered around w/ NoMo to find the secret exit and did the same thing...that room is hosed up. Also rude to do the little archvile behind a wall trick to have invincible chaingunners. They're getting too tricky they have to be stopped

if i remember right the archviles behind the wall are also on a floor that's waaaaay below the chaingunners, because archviles can resurrect an enemy next to them no matter what height they're at. a clever trick to keep them from getting shot at!

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

yeah the archvile in map 15 in a cubby hole below the chaingunners. idr if crossing a certain linedef kills them or if its there forever. they do a similar thing in map 28 or 29 maybe idr but you CAN kill the archvile by shooting a specific point in the map and hitting it with rocket splash damage. BUT you need at least 50 rockets or something and it may not work since the archvile is constantly moving. nice.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

MAP32 o_O some epic infighting in that huge outdoor room.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Spent far too long grabbing some Doom TCs and Heretic megawads last night. Would anyone like to do the co-op?

Sonic Robo Blast 2 is blowing my mind. It also has a kart racing addon which further made me go wtf. Good poo poo.

I am loving this Ashes 2063, as well.

Love live DOOM (1993).

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
srb2 is cool they finally added slopes after 20 years of arguing with 8 year olds about why it wasnt possible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

srb2 is easily the best 3d sonic game and srb2 kart is better than mario kart 8. good poo poo