Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Takes the final dungeon out of the roulette too, which I don't mind because I keep getting it and df can't do the first or third bosses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

We're only going to be getting one savage dungeon at first right?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I'm fine with the final dungeon out of roulette cause the bleakness of the narrative of it makes me kinda uncomfortable. Amazing on the first go, but now I'm like "could you lighten up a little?"

S.J. posted:

We're getting a normal dungeon, then later, a Criterion dungeon which functions differently from normal dungeons, then a savage version of that.

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

I'll miss smileton

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Oxyclean posted:

I'm fine with the final dungeon out of roulette cause the bleakness of the narrative of it makes me kinda uncomfortable. Amazing on the first go, but now I'm like "could you lighten up a little?"

{None Left.}

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

I /cheerwave the little guy running up to hit the button after the second boss all the time.

You sure did it, friend! :buddy:

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

S.J. posted:

Right, though the whole set is coming 6.25 - the Variant dungeon, Criterion version, as well as Criterion (Savage).

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Unfortunate that without the last msq dungeon in rotation I'll not longer be able to salute the guys launching all the missiles after the 2nd boss

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i wonder how repeatable Criterion is designed to be. like will it be a one-and-done sort of thing or something that's worth completing once a week

e: and if there will be any randomization/changing element each week/run if the latter

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I'm betting it'll be a weekly

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm extremely hype for savage criterion.

Hope for a cool title or mount or something for doing it

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Oxyclean posted:

We're getting a normal dungeon, then later, a Criterion dungeon which functions differently from normal dungeons, then a savage version of that.

Oh I somehow missed there was going to be an additional savage version. I thought the criterion dungeon was just gonna be the name of the hard mode dungeons going forward.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

S.J. posted:

Oh I somehow missed there was going to be an additional savage version. I thought the criterion dungeon was just gonna be the name of the hard mode dungeons going forward.

Normal Criterion is mostly a for-fun mode that you can use for training and possibly to get some components for the relic weapon, if I had to take a guess, and it's got no role restrictions and something akin to pomanders or Lost actions. Savage Criterion is role locked, only accessible via PF, and has no extra actions and no telegraph markers, so it's the real deal as far as hard light party content goes.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Either way I'm loving pumped for every version of that and I hope its super popular and we have more of those added asap

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

S.J. posted:

Yeah, it can be confusing to keep it straight.
Variant Dungeon, Sil'dihn Subterrane -- doable with 1-4 players of any job composition (scales to the people), branching paths to encourage rerunning with different setups while you see it all, "story mode"
Criterion Dungeon, Another Sil'dihn Subterrane -- Non-branching, needs 4 people in standard dungeon arrangement, supposed to be challenging.
Criterion Dungeon, Another Sil'dihn Subterrane (Savage) -- Non-branching, needs 4 people in standard dungeon arrangement, supposed to be really hard.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Savage content isn't for me so I'll probably just go through all the lore paths on the solo version and then never touch it again, but it will be fun to see Nanamo Lady Lilira again.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I’ve never done Savage, and Ultima is the only Unreal I’ve tried (I can clear it but still mess up sometimes, tanking) because everyone said it was easier than the others.

But now I’ve seen the gear from p5-9s and goddamn it’s time to git gud.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Subjunctive posted:

I’ve never done Savage, and Ultima is the only Unreal I’ve tried (I can clear it but still mess up sometimes, tanking) because everyone said it was easier than the others.

Git Glowd.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

When do things reset. If I stay up monday night can I sneak another handful of the new tomestones and raid drops?

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Bruceski posted:

When do things reset. If I stay up monday night can I sneak another handful of the new tokens and raid drops?

no, weekly reset is on patch release, daily reset is several hours ahead of that. the most you could do is get a day's head start on the new dailies

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Bruceski posted:

When do things reset. If I stay up monday night can I sneak another handful of the new tokens and raid drops?

3am Eastern, so probably not given the usual maint window.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Subjunctive posted:

Did they confirm the glowy versions are savage only?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Did they confirm the glowy versions are savage only?

I assumed so, but I don’t know why exactly, so maybe I can still bad!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Mister Olympus posted:

no, weekly reset is on patch release, daily reset is several hours ahead of that. the most you could do is get a day's head start on the new dailies

Thanks, I remembered weekly and daily didn't line up but not how different they were.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

quote:

[20:03]Warning: Ultima detonation in 10 seconds.
[20:03]Warning: Ultima detonation in 5...
[20:03]Warning: 4...
[20:03]Warning: 3...
[20:03]Warning: 2...
[20:03]Warning: 1...
[20:03]You obtain 20 Allagan tomestones of aphorism.

I really gotta tighten my tanking game up.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Subjunctive posted:

I assumed so, but I don’t know why exactly, so maybe I can still bad!
The normal raid gear is usually identical to the savage drops, but the savage drops are dyeable while the normal raid drops are not. The weapons are savage only so if you have your eye on those, you still gotta get good.

I wonder where P8S will fall on the difficulty scale. E5-8S was my first savage tier and E8S was really drat hard. Both phases of P4S felt way easier in comparison.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
For major patches, even if they are ahead of schedule internally they make sure to not release before the weekly reset to ensure no one gets a jump on any weekly capped resources.

They don't care about people getting a day ahead in beast tribes though.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

iPodschun posted:

The normal raid gear is usually identical to the savage drops, but the savage drops are dyeable while the normal raid drops are not. The weapons are savage only so if you have your eye on those, you still gotta get good.

I wonder where P8S will fall on the difficulty scale. E5-8S was my first savage tier and E8S was really drat hard. Both phases of P4S felt way easier in comparison.

The devs have said this series will be very difficult. Not sure if that means light rampant level difficult though.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
e8s was the biggest difficulty spike in savage in a LONG time and went right back down again, who knows if it goes back up from there

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
e12s wasn't as hard as e8s but it did piss me off more

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I wonder what singular mechanic P5-8 will toss at us. We just had 8 months of Tethers. maybe we'll see how far they can stretch the stack marker.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

e12s phase 2 was really fun, shame about phase 1

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
ballistic missile from T8 but everybody gets one

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Arist posted:

e12s phase 2 was really fun, shame about phase 1

Oh yeah it was door boss specifically that sucked

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I don't even have a problem with door bosses as a concept, but one of the things I do on fights like E8S and ultimates is mentally map mechanics to parts of a song after a transition, so not having that is kind of a bummer

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Countblanc posted:

I wonder what singular mechanic P5-8 will toss at us. We just had 8 months of Tethers. maybe we'll see how far they can stretch the stack marker.

But have you considered more tethers?

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Alphinaud, put on a gods-damned coat and maybe you can stop complaining about the weather in loving sub-arctic Coerthas.

(More casual NIN glam, this one separate to my southerly outfit)

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Countblanc posted:

one dps gets a stack marker, both healers get doritos, and tanks get AoE busters, everything will kill people who get more than one. Then there's a light parties stack right afterward.

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!

Bruceski posted:

one dps gets a stack marker, both healers get doritos, and tanks get AoE busters, everything will kill people who get more than one. Then there's a light parties stack right afterward.

I'm like 70% sure this actually happened somewhere in Stormblood, and this is a pretty drat close description of Akhantai Act II regardless.

Shaezerus fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Aug 21, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Bruceski posted:

That seems pretty easy to resolve. You can even have completely set positions for everyone

e: it occurs to me that the post wasn't about what the next hard mechanic would be, whoops