Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.

Cephas posted:

please..... comrades... i'm so weak.... i need a trans yuri manga rec.

What do you mean by trans yuri?
Transwoman x Ciswoman? Transwoman x Transwoman?
Anyways I recently read a very funny one with a magical transformation and her cis girlfriend being fine with it. But because mangadex seems to be dying again, I can't search for the actual name.
It is "my boyfriend became a girl" or something similar. It had double pages with scenes before and after the transformation.

e:
Daily Life of a Couple in Which the Boyfriend Became a Girl One Day
https://mangadex.org/title/061dfe00-45bb-4cd8-86fc-73bc5d749791/daily-life-of-a-couple-in-which-the-boyfriend-became-a-girl-one-day

VictualSquid fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Aug 20, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

https://mangadex.org/title/d0bd55bc-b8d5-4852-95f9-3963325e5e56/when-my-boyfriend-became-a-she

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Another nic transformation story I ran into while searching for the other one:
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/still_the_same_after_switching_bodies#1

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Cephas posted:

please..... comrades... i'm so weak.... i need a trans yuri manga rec.

the majority of stuff in the trans yuri space tends to be stuff on the "magical gender swap" side of things and sort one offs

Kashimashi and Ore Ga Yuri are both "magic" series, but I wouldn't recommend either of them

Hero who Pulled Out the Holy Sword is a gag series also on the magic side of things, but despite some misses with the language tends to be pure wish fulfillment.

Tamamushi had a one off, its as typically self indulgent as her other work. But just a short 4 page gag thing.

On the more realistic end, it gets even more difficult to find stuff. There is this textless one shot that tends to pop up when this conversation happens. There is this one shot, which doesn't offer much in romance besides a possible future, and is more about a lesbian and trans women giving each other validation at different points in their lives.

Finally, there is the tragically short Double House which is hands down the best thing I have mentioned. Much more rooted in "reality" than anything else here.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
also i would argue that himegoto juukyuusai no seifuku counts for this but at the same time would be a weird one to recommend for the question

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Aug 20, 2022

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

VictualSquid posted:

Another nic transformation story I ran into while searching for the other one:
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/still_the_same_after_switching_bodies#1

Before I read this one. I never thought of how weird those shows were. Where the premise is 2 people switching bodies and they just went "Welp. Guess I need to learn to be a stereotypical opposite gender now for the rest of my life.

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!

VictualSquid posted:

What do you mean by trans yuri?
Transwoman x Ciswoman? Transwoman x Transwoman?

yes

I guess it's not that big of a subgenre, since I recognize most of the titles folks have suggested. I've been meaning to read Double House though, so I'll definitely sit down with that one!

i can't believe it's 2022 and we still have to be like "well I guess there's Kashimashi." I read that when I was an 11 year old egg and even then I was like this isn't that great but at least it's about a trans lesbian

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

when I read Kashimashi I don't think I knew what trans people were (wish I did, would have made things a lot easier!!!!!!)

egg regrets

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Cephas posted:

I guess it's not that big of a subgenre, since I recognize most of the titles folks have suggested. I've been meaning to read Double House though, so I'll definitely sit down with that one!

yep. i remember in the last version of this thread someone asked for more het trans stuff and it was so baffling to me since that is just... the default. but i guess i shouldn't be surprised, wlw media exists in this space where people feel lesbians are somehow over represented but if you look at the actual numbers it just never rings true. so its sorta funny that extends to this niche when the numbers are laughably even smaller.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I want more het trans stuff and also more gay trans stuff

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
tbc the implication at the time was that there was more gay trans stuff than het trans stuff

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

i want more stuff and things

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
i just want more trans stuff full stop

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Nihilarian posted:

I want more het trans stuff and also more gay trans stuff

:emptyquote:

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
I will click these recommendations because for the longest time I have felt like you get to pick two: trans, yuri, about relatable adults. I do not want to read about high schoolers having their first relationship, to be honest.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
even with the school setting stuff i am positive on (school zone, relationship guidelines) the constant thought in the back of mind is "wow it would be cool to see this author do a story about adults."

again put me in the alternative universe were arai sumiko spent more time on the 20 something backpacker x 30 something OL age gap than the high schooler nirvana thing

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

After browsing the trans tags on dynasty, I ended up rereading "Stripping the Flesh". Man, that story is good and powerfull. If anybody still hasn't read it, you really should.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

:five:

(Double House)

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

VictualSquid posted:

After browsing the trans tags on dynasty, I ended up rereading "Stripping the Flesh". Man, that story is good and powerfull. If anybody still hasn't read it, you really should.

You can also now buy it as part of an anthology if you feel like throwing some money in the author's direction.

Jomo
Jul 11, 2009

Snooze Cruise posted:

again put me in the alternative universe were arai sumiko spent more time on the 20 something backpacker x 30 something OL age gap than the high schooler nirvana thing

Just re-read this. Was hoping there were new chapters, but the manga rule of "probability of getting finished is inversely proportional to the quality" seems to strike again. God drat it.

Half-way thru Double House for the first time and I'm trying to savor each page; this is going to the top of my "to recommend" list. Thanks goons.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Snooze Cruise posted:

tbc the implication at the time was that there was more gay trans stuff than het trans stuff

I'm pretty sure that was me, and the implication was that the thread had a ton of great gay trans suggestions already, and I was wanting more het stuff.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Snooze Cruise posted:

speaking of which, new chapter and the cat is out of the bag

Danger Diabolik
Feb 9, 2014

Snooze Cruise posted:

speaking of which, new chapter and the cat is out of the bag

Nah, we still have one tragic misunderstanding to get through before the cat can come out.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy At All latest chapter discussion:

your telling me she mistakes her as being a different person and that the 'boy' is handing 'his' mixtape out to 'other' girls? Because the fact that she is a girl means more than her having the same build, height, hair/eye color, voice and mannerisms? I know she isn't wearing the same outfit too but you'd think she'd at least mistake her for being related even if she doesn't realize they are one and the same.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

we don't know what she thinks yet. It can easily support a "the guy i like is a girl" interpretation, so far.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

Anyone got some trans male stuff to recommend? After an interminable personal crisis I think I've finally started to come to terms with myself. Maybe.

Also on the subject of school stuff vs. stories about relatable adults, I've noticed that my preferences have slowly reversed. I think I now slightly prefer the fluffy saccharine school stuff because it's hopeful and cute and my fondest memories are from my youth, while stories about adult life just remind me of how crushingly tedious adult life really is, and how boring our prospects are. Maybe that's just another, separate personal crisis leaking through tho, lol.

Libra fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Aug 22, 2022

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Yuureitou is messy and problematic but is basically a giallo film in manga form and one of the leads is FTM. probably not what you are looking for based on the second half of your post, but its the only manga I can think of with a FTM lead that isn't a magic based "oh we both swap genders" type of thing. but they are probably people here who have better answers to this question.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

Oh I think I worded it very poorly, I meant that while I used to have very little tolerance for cutesy school stuff, I've become quite a bit more fond of it, but it's far from my favorite genre. I made it sound like a much more dramatic change in opinion. Bad use of the word 'prefer.'

In terms of media I'm usually more of a horror/thriller person so I still prefer stories featuring adults, I just have a harder time with everyday adult drama because that's just my life now. Would still accept recommendations in that genre, though.

Libra fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Aug 22, 2022

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
ah ok, yuureitou might be an ok fit then since its a pulpy horror thing, just depends on your tolerance for the more problematic aspects and how messy it handles the gender bits.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

How y'all not gonna say Strip the Flesh

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Libra posted:

Oh I think I worded it very poorly, I meant that while I used to have very little tolerance for cutesy school stuff, I've become quite a bit more fond of it, but it's far from my favorite genre. I made it sound like a much more dramatic change in opinion. Bad use of the word 'prefer.'

In terms of media I'm usually more of a horror/thriller person so I still prefer stories featuring adults, I just have a harder time with everyday adult drama because that's just my life now. Would still accept recommendations in that genre, though.

Boys Run the Riot

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Libra posted:

Anyone got some trans male stuff to recommend? After an interminable personal crisis I think I've finally started to come to terms with myself. Maybe.

Rody One Half posted:

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Rody One Half posted:

:emptyquote:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Rody One Half posted:

Lmao I knew I was blanking on something obvious, gently caress lol it was even just mentioned!!!

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Aug 22, 2022

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

Boys Run the Riot

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Ohtori Akio posted:

:five:

(Double House)

God, I just keep thinking about the blue curtains post

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

goblin week posted:

God, I just keep thinking about the blue curtains post

that and the gif of garth marenghi did a surprising amount of damage on media discourse online

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Have you ever wondered if you could Make A Mark that is very angsty? Murasakino did, and then did!

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

Have you ever wondered if you could Make A Mark that is very angsty? Murasakino did, and then did!

this was lovely thank you. love it when da yuri headshots your own angst from 5km away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
The Marriage Partner of My Dreams just finished up. It was a bit short at six chapters but a nice read nonetheless.